Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESPN - Ex-staffer: Dantonio ignored warnings on recruit

+19
Wally Fairway
Jake from State Farm
Floyd Robertson
duffy munn
Rocinante
InTenSity
Nordic
MiamiSpartan
SawGreen
aualum06
DWags
NigelUno
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
23 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

ESPN - Ex-staffer: Dantonio ignored warnings on recruit - Page 2 Empty Re: ESPN - Ex-staffer: Dantonio ignored warnings on recruit

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-19, 20:26

Replying to au:

I agree. And no.. If you recall at the time the nature of whatever the incident was was severely downplayed. It was reported to be something like a playful slap in the ass and it took them awhile to get him cleared and everyone scoffed because it was such an innocent incident. Now... We still don't know what the incident was, but it came out after the rape that it was much more severe than previously believed. And again, we don't know if Coach knew that info. I would assume so.

But I just thought then and think now about how I would feel if it were me. I would feel at least partially responsible and that's kinda unforgivable regardless of what my intentions were. And then I think about it it were my daughter. And I think I would probably have to be talked out of trying to physically take revenge on the man, let alone thinking he should be fired. I mean this is a rape. This ain't some stupid fight in a dorm.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

ESPN - Ex-staffer: Dantonio ignored warnings on recruit - Page 2 Empty Re: ESPN - Ex-staffer: Dantonio ignored warnings on recruit

Post by tGreenWay 2019-09-19, 20:37

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

It would be a problem NCAA or no NCAA.

With less $ involved I’d imagine coaches and schools wouldn’t be as willing to take at risk kids

This is probably just semantics, but a kid classified as at-risk isn’t nearly the same as someone who already has something on his record involving some degree of sexual assault.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-09-19, 20:44

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Replying to au:

I agree. And no.. If you recall at the time the nature of whatever the incident was was severely downplayed. It was reported to be something like a playful slap in the ass and it took them awhile to get him cleared and everyone scoffed because it was such an innocent incident. Now... We still don't know what the incident was, but it came out after the rape that it was much more severe than previously believed. And again, we don't know if Coach knew that info. I would assume so.

But I just thought then and think now about how I would feel if it were me. I would feel at least partially responsible and that's kinda unforgivable regardless of what my intentions were. And then I think about it it were my daughter. And I think I would probably have to be talked out of trying to physically take revenge on the man, let alone thinking he should be fired. I mean this is a rape. This ain't some stupid fight in a dorm.

I appreciate the honesty. I don't have kids so it's hard for me to see things the same as others. We will probably never be privy to everything in the decision making process to recruit the kid. But the kid was messed up and is messed up and would have messed up wherever he went.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-19, 21:02

aualum06 wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Replying to au:

I appreciate the honesty. I don't have kids so it's hard for me to see things the same as others. We will probably never be privy to everything in the decision making process to recruit the kid. But the kid was messed up and is messed up and would have messed up wherever he went.

You are right, we probably will never know, and thus I and anyone else should refrain from absolutes. It's a bad look as I said. And I really don't find much fault in any of the other stuff that happened under his watch so I feel comfortable saying it's the worst thing that has happened under his watch. In my mind.

There is no doubt that he was trying to help this kid. Let's also remember that the accusations about the incident regarding King, Corley and Vance came to light during his weekly meeting with Robertson. So he was in fact trying to mentor the kid and keep him on the right path. But like I said earlier... He took a chance, and the result of that chance had a severe impact on a young ladies life. That sucks for everyone (especially her) and it's difficult for me to reconcile. Personally. Just my opinion. I don't really think I'm weak minded but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-19, 21:07

Tread lightly. We have a coach getting rid of one of the best defensive linemen in the draft last year, but now we are talking like he kept this kid because he wanted his talent on campus regardless of sex offense charges even though he had daughters on campus.

You guys make a ton of sense.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-09-19, 21:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I made up my mind on this a long time ago. This isn't new news.

This.

#teamsteve
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-19, 21:30

"If you are a high recruit or you were a good player, he would allow those individuals to get away with different things," Blackwell said. "And so because of that Coach Dantonio, had a way of making things disappear."

Sounds just like him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-09-19, 21:32

DWags wrote:"If you are a high recruit or you were a good player, he would allow those individuals to get away with different things," Blackwell said. "And so because of that Coach Dantonio, had a way of making things disappear."

Sounds just like him.

As he basically is still suffering for booting a big portion of the 2016 class
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-19, 21:36

aualum06 wrote:
DWags wrote:"If you are a high recruit or you were a good player, he would allow those individuals to get away with different things," Blackwell said. "And so because of that Coach Dantonio, had a way of making things disappear."

Sounds just like him.

As he basically is still suffering for booting a big portion of the 2016 class

Yep. I’m dumbfounded at some stuff I’m reading here.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-09-19, 21:37

DWags wrote:Tread lightly. We have a coach getting rid of one of the best defensive linemen in the draft last year, but now we are talking like he kept this kid because he wanted his talent on campus regardless of sex offense charges even though he had daughters on campus.

Here comes DWags again with the “you guys” shit like he is somehow above the all absurdity...when the truth is he swims in the deep end of the absurdity pool.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-19, 21:39

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:Tread lightly. We have a coach getting rid of one of the best defensive linemen in the draft last year, but now we are talking like he kept this kid because he wanted his talent on campus regardless of sex offense charges even though he had daughters on campus.

Here comes DWags again with the “you guys” shit like he is somehow above the all absurdity...when the truth is he swims in the deep end of the absurdity pool.

Perhaps I do. And thanks for bringing that up. But it’s my opinion and I’ll ride with it. Or you can tell me why I’m full of shit in my example. I’m a big boy.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-09-19, 21:41

As Bob would say, you are welcome to your opinion.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-19, 21:44

Turtleneck wrote:As Bob would say, you are welcome to your opinion.

I’d love to hear any reasoning that sends a first round defensive lineman packing but somehow think he’s keeping players around who are good because he overlooks flaws. I know, I’m absurd.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-19, 21:46

To be clear, I can't speak for anyone else. I'm not backing CB. Nor am I speculating as to why Coach took AR, or what his motivations were. My stance is simply he took a risk, and the result of that risk was an awful tragedy. (And yes this has been known for awhile)

Everyone can draw their own conclusion from those facts. But they can't really dispute that because those are facts.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-19, 21:53

Guy who has had insider info in the past posted this. If true, makes a lot of sense.

"Dantonio did not. The school did not disclose the second incident with AR, only the butt grab. The MSU coaches were working with bad information.

That said it was a mistake taking him. From everything I’ve heard Coach D was talked into it, what CB is saying is totally false."
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-09-19, 21:56

Can I still be a fan of MSU, or do I need to denounce them? What type of fan is it ok to be, I want to run this past OTPT to make sure if I can root for them on Saturday, or if I need to just burn all my clothes.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-19, 21:59

InTenSity wrote:Can I still be a fan of MSU, or do I need to denounce them? What type of fan is it ok to be, I want to run this past OTPT to make sure if I can root for them on Saturday, or if I need to just burn all my clothes.

Don’t even pay rent to live in your head. Could get used to free rent.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-09-19, 22:02

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Can I still be a fan of MSU, or do I need to denounce them? What type of fan is it ok to be, I want to run this past OTPT to make sure if I can root for them on Saturday, or if I need to just burn all my clothes.

Don’t even pay rent to live in your head. Could get used to free rent.
Just be sure to let Steve know what kind of fan is approved. Can you give us a scale or something? I don't want to seem too involved or interested. It is good to know you are hitting F5 to watch for updates about yourself.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-19, 22:06

Keep lashing out. Get that negative energy out. You live in Florida. I get it.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-19, 22:09

All I’ll say, and this goes for 90% of coaches, is that kids aren’t identified who need help hoping they can turn into phenomenal football players. They’re identified as phenomenal football players who could use some help.

And it can backfire. Or it can change the kid for the better.

But it’s football ability that determines if they’re eligible for help.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-19, 22:15

Not untrue kl.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-09-19, 22:17

Look, if some real reporters corroborate what Blackwell said, I think coach D has some real explaining to do and the U has some real thinking to do. This isn’t happening in a vacuum.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-19, 22:19

I guess I’m just trying to get my batting’s here.
I get frustrated with Dantonios offense. I think he’s way over obsessed with making players into defensive players. He’s obsessed with that side of the ball. He’s loyal to a fault with coaches. He’s really stubborn in how he does things. But this guys moral compass has always pointed straight up.

Believing CB and extrapolating it out to say Dantonio is responsible for the rape of a girl on campus seems extreme to me. At least let’s get Burtons deposition let’s hear what other assistants say and let’s let the other side speak.

Here’s another fact, CB has succeeded in doing what I’ve heard he planned on doing to MSU from when he left the football office.

Congrats to him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-19, 22:24

wags, you’re wondering what an overly loyal head coach’s assistants will say about MD and the situation? Both sides are gonna say what we expect. Guess we have to make our own conclusions and opinions.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-19, 22:26

DWags wrote:I guess I’m just trying to get my batting’s here.
I get frustrated with Dantonios offense. I think he’s way over obsessed with making players into defensive players. He’s obsessed with that side of the ball. He’s loyal to a fault with coaches. He’s really stubborn in how he does things. But this guys moral compass has always pointed straight up.

Believing CB and extrapolating it out to say Dantonio is responsible for the rape of a girl on campus seems extreme to me. At least let’s get Burtons deposition let’s hear what other assistants say and let’s let the other side speak.

Here’s another fact, CB has succeeded in doing what I’ve heard he planned on doing to MSU from when he left the football office.

Congrats to him.

I though Blackwell wasn’t credible in that article and he was full of bs. I stand by it we got Murphied again. I’d love to hear and off record account of what Dantonio and Izzo really think about that piece of Shit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-19, 22:29

kingstonlake wrote:wags, you’re wondering what an overly loyal head coach’s assistants will say about MD and the situation? Both sides are gonna say what we expect. Guess we have to make our own conclusions and opinions.

I’d base it on what you know of Dantonio and Blackwell then.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-19, 22:30

DWags wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:wags, you’re wondering what an overly loyal head coach’s assistants will say about MD and the situation? Both sides are gonna say what we expect. Guess we have to make our own conclusions and opinions.

I’d base it on what you know of Dantonio and Blackwell then.

Fair enough.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-09-19, 22:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:To be clear, I can't speak for anyone else. I'm not backing CB. Nor am I speculating as to why Coach took AR, or what his motivations were. My stance is simply he took a risk, and the result of that risk was an awful tragedy. (And yes this has been known for awhile)

Everyone can draw their own conclusion from those facts. But they can't really dispute that because those are facts.

I don't think you will find arguements from anyone here on that.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-19, 22:39

This isn't likely to be solved via testimony. Regardless of what we all think. As I said maybe on page 1, what sucks is that this info is out there now and people will judge. People that weren't aware of this will judge. You can say fuck those people but moral outage without nuance is absolutely a thing today. Is this thing gonna gain traction? Will it grow?

I absolutely know that ESPN and Murphy and Lavigne have a hard on for us. Nothing they have brought to light to date has really had a lot of traction. This might. If we are split here on whether or not Coach D owns any of this imagine how it plays to outsiders.

Will anyone care? Yet to be seen.

Also for the record I'm not sure what others have said but in no way have I said that Coach is responsible got the rape. I've been pretty careful with my words. I think maybe.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-09-19, 22:44

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:As Bob would say, you are welcome to your opinion.

I’d love to hear any reasoning that sends a first round defensive lineman packing but somehow think he’s keeping players around who are good because he overlooks flaws. I know, I’m absurd.

I never took issue with your opinion, just the holier than thou way you presented it. I don’t know Mark Dantonio. I’m not going to speculate. I’m not going to grant him sainthood just because he is a winning coach at MSU, nor am I going to throw him under the bus.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-09-19, 22:59

Curtis Blackwell has zero credibility. What he did after his boys were accused of rape is criminal. He should be in jail. Fuck him.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-09-19, 23:12

WBH, most outsiders still believe every word of Paula's tale. I don't think this is going to change anyone's opinion. Also, the boards were pretty split when the Paula tale first came out. And when the subsequent stories first came out. There have been some, even on this board (not you), that have been very quick to rush to judgement in the minutes after a one-sided article was posted, and then look a bit foolish when more facts come out. And then they do the same thing the next time. And the next. So any split here at this point doesn't mean much.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-09-19, 23:16

Wouldn't any deposition be under oath? Do you think the coaches are so loyal that they'll commit a felony for MD?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-19, 23:17

Fair and true. I've just struggled with this one from the jump. Note that I haven't drawn any hard and fast conclusions on it. Then or now. We don't know what we don't know. But I think this one might have some sticking to it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-19, 23:21

What do you mean by stick.?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-09-19, 23:23

InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-09-19, 23:24

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Keep lashing out. Get that negative energy out. You live in Florida. I get it.
Wut
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-19, 23:24

DWags wrote:What do you mean by stick.?

There comes a point in today's day and age where social media moral outage reaches critical mass. And at that point there is nothing you can do either than resign. I don't think anyone outside of loser ass Scott Bell and his minions are going to care enough to get to that point over this but you never know.. Like I said if some of us are feeling put off by it.. How will the masses take it??
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-09-19, 23:26

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Fair and true. I've just struggled with this one from the jump. Note that I haven't drawn any hard and fast conclusions on it. Then or now. We don't know what we don't know. But I think this one might have some sticking to it.

here's what I know. Blackwell went directly to an alleged victim of sexual assault to try to make it go away before he let Coach D know about it. Again, his credibility is zero. Amazed he wasn't charged. Coach D's biggest mistake was hiring this piece of shit.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-19, 23:28

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Wouldn't any deposition be under oath? Do you think the coaches are so loyal that they'll commit a felony for MD?

I wasn’t under the impression we were talking under oath. Not sure if there’s something going on where they’re going to have to testify. I assumed we were talking in a reporter type setting.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next