Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KU basketball expected to face multiple major violation allegations from NCAA

+2
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
6 posters

Go down

KU basketball expected to face multiple major violation allegations from NCAA Empty KU basketball expected to face multiple major violation allegations from NCAA

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-20, 17:30

The NCAA is preparing to issue a notice of allegations that details multiple major violations in the Kansas men’s basketball program, The Star has learned.

The notice will come, sources told The Star, after a summer of speculation following a top NCAA official saying the organization would make findings against schools involved in a pay-for-play recruiting scheme investigated by the FBI.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article235306247.html

KU basketball expected to face multiple major violation allegations from NCAA 276803595
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

KU basketball expected to face multiple major violation allegations from NCAA Empty Re: KU basketball expected to face multiple major violation allegations from NCAA

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-20, 17:31

Some more context (as if we fucking needed it lol..) here:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2854608-report-ncaa-expected-to-issue-notice-of-major-violations-to-kansas-basketball
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

KU basketball expected to face multiple major violation allegations from NCAA Empty Re: KU basketball expected to face multiple major violation allegations from NCAA

Post by Turtleneck 2019-09-20, 17:37

Feel bad for Fort Hays State. They are in a lot of trouble.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-09-20, 17:51

Turtleneck wrote:Feel bad for Fort Hays State. They are in a lot of trouble.

Rolling Eyes
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-09-20, 17:58

I used to drive by Ft. Hays St. like twice a month on my way back and forth between Southern IL and Colorado Springs. Kansas is by far the boringest state in the union.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-20, 18:06

Rocinante wrote:I used to drive by Ft. Hays St. like twice a month on my way back and forth between Southern IL and Colorado Springs. Kansas is by far the boringest state in the union.
Nebraska ?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-09-20, 18:08

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I used to drive by Ft. Hays St. like twice a month on my way back and forth between Southern IL and Colorado Springs. Kansas is by far the boringest state in the union.
Nebraska ?

This. At least Kansas has sunflowers.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-09-20, 20:12

Nebraska ?

No. Not Nebraska. He said Kansas! Pay attention.

Did you go to school or work in Carbondale, Roc?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-20, 21:30

I hate the Jayhawks
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-23, 17:39

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-kansas-basketball-charged-with-multiple-level-1-violations-including-lack-of-institutional-control-210015300.html

Kansas has been charged with lack of institutional control, three Level I violations in men’s basketball and there is a head coach responsibility charge against coach Bill Self, according to multiple sources. There also are allegations against football, sources added, although those are Level II violations. The football allegations include charges of allowing an extra coach to work during practice under former head coach David Beaty.

The Level I violations are tied, in part, to the recruitments of Billy Preston and Silvio De Sousa. Court testimony and documents tied to the federal basketball corruption cases over the past two years included details of veteran adidas consultant T.J. Gassnola having “conspired to illicitly funnel approximately at least $90,000” to the mother of Preston. Gassnola also testified in court that he paid De Sousa’s guardian $2,500, although he denied arranging a $20,000 payment that had been discussed on wiretaps.

The charge against Self will potentially prove a compelling and high-profile application of the NCAA’s head coach responsibility bylaws. Evidence tied to the case included Gassnola and Self talking openly in text messages about Adidas helping Kansas recruit players. “I’m happy with Adidas,” Self wrote Gassnola. “Just got to get a couple real guys.”

Later, Gassnola texted about keeping Self and Kansas happy with lottery picks. Self responded: “That’s how (it) works. At UNC and Duke.”
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-23, 17:57

There’s no way anything like that happens at Duke.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-09-23, 18:17

Turtleneck wrote:
Nebraska ?

No. Not Nebraska. He said Kansas! Pay attention.

Did you go to school or work in Carbondale, Roc?

Yes to both.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-09-23, 18:17

Self is toast. Look for him coaching in ann arbor in about four three years.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-09-23, 18:19

Nebraska is lightyears more interesting than Kansas. I will die on this hill.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-23, 18:19

I hate Duke, UNC and Kansas.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-09-23, 18:31

Rocinante wrote:Nebraska is lightyears more interesting than Kansas. I will die on this hill.

Bold statement from a guy who knows there aren’t any hills in Nebraska.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-09-23, 19:52

tGreenWay wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Nebraska is lightyears more interesting than Kansas. I will die on this hill.

Guess you’ve never heard of the sand hills huh genius.

BOOM.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-09-23, 20:08

Rocinante wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

BOOM.

He only travels to London.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-09-23, 20:22

Rocinante wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

BOOM.

High Plains zits. Welp, I have certainly had my ears pinned back on that one. Rolling Eyes
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down