Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coach Dantonio has entered the transfer portal

+17
InTenSity
Turtleneck
MSU addict
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
aualum06
Watch Out Pylon!
AvgMSUJoe
DWags
Death Roe
SawGreen
Heat Miser
tGreenWay
kingstonlake
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Coach Dantonio has entered the transfer portal  Empty Coach Dantonio has entered the transfer portal

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-12, 17:08

Nm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Coach Dantonio has entered the transfer portal  Empty Re: Coach Dantonio has entered the transfer portal

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-10-12, 17:13

If I wasn't so sad right now I'd laugh. A lot.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Coach Dantonio has entered the transfer portal  Empty Re: Coach Dantonio has entered the transfer portal

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-12, 17:15

lol!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-12, 17:16

I don’t think you need to enter the portal to go to a GLIAC school.

Just show up with your dynamic coaching staff.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-10-12, 17:16

The passion that lifted Dantonio’s teams to great heights all but dried up when Narduzzi left for Pitt. That magic is gone. MD and PN were the perfect coaching combo, a harmonic football yin yang. But if Dantonio is the soul of this program, Narduzzi was its heart, and the teams have had no heart in his absence.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-10-12, 17:18

Our O coaches are like Swiss Army knives...they can do a lot of different things, but none of them well.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-12, 17:50

Life without him is going to be scary. Can you imagine your best offensive play not being a punt?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2019-10-12, 17:51

LOL !!
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-12, 17:55

No one wants him to actually hang around, right?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-12, 18:00

Not this guy. Doesn’t diminish what he’s accomplished a single bit. One of the best coaches the school ever had. But it’s time.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-10-12, 18:05

kingstonlake wrote:Not this guy. Doesn’t diminish what he’s accomplished a single bit. One of the best coaches the school ever had. But it’s time.

The only downfall, really, was making the play with the 2016 recruiting class and trying to change the identity with 4 and 5 star guys.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-12, 18:11

Floyd Robertson wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Not this guy. Doesn’t diminish what he’s accomplished a single bit. One of the best coaches the school ever had. But it’s time.

The only downfall, really, was making the play with the 2016 recruiting class and trying to change the identity with 4 and 5 star guys.

The only one? Floyd. C’mon.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2019-10-12, 18:40

I’m done with him.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-12, 18:41

I’m not sure that has anything to do with an OL that’s Mac level at best, Floyd. But I see what you’re saying. It played a role.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-12, 18:41

9-3

We got our asses handed to us. Big time.

We’re going 9-3 and Dantonio is retiring.

Or not. Fuck it. I’m in Frederic on the Au Sauble. Good friends. Didn’t watch a play. Life is good.

Go Green you bunch a fuck wads.

Love you all.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-10-12, 18:47

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Well, couple things... This is true. The lost class of 4* hurt. Probably more their choices then his recruiting. If they had a smarter night... We are a better team. Also, I think he caught lightning in a bottle with the o line for a couple years. That dried up.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-10-12, 18:47

I don't know about any of this any more guys. They kinda gave up. Not impressed with anything.

Sad. I am sad.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-10-12, 18:49

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

The only one? Floyd. C’mon.

Well consist it means this team is missing a whole class of players basically I think it's a very good point and recruiting has crashed since
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-12, 18:49

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I don't know about any of this any more guys. They kinda gave up. Not impressed with anything.

Sad. I am sad.

Sounds like they just said fuck it, we’re done. Not like a Dantonio team. Bummmer.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-10-12, 18:49

Oh... Don't be sad. It's (virtually) kids playing a game.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-10-12, 19:15

I’m still cool with him. I lived through Perles and Saban and slappy and Bobby. He can run this thing right into the ground as far as I’m concerned. This is a second tier program that has pushed on the door more than a few times and I’m cool with that.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-10-12, 19:42

Dantonio can stay as long as he wants as far as I'm concerned.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-10-12, 19:49

MiamiSpartan wrote:Dantonio can stay as long as he wants as far as I'm concerned.

Complacency has set in in many different places
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-10-12, 20:44

aualum06 wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Dantonio can stay as long as he wants as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe, maybe not. But frankly, I respect and admire Dantonio as much or more than anyone else I've ever followed in the sports world (Izzo is right there with him...while that sounds like I'm just being a homer, it is really more of a reflection of how lucky we are at this point in time). It's just a game after all. Losing doesn't really affect me so much that I'm going to want a good and honorable man to leave because of it.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2019-10-12, 20:47

I too am frustrated, but I know our next coach will simply be a downgrade.

That is reality - deal with it.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-12, 21:00

MSU addict wrote:I too am frustrated, but I know our next coach will simply be a downgrade.

Do you think the next coaches ceiling can’t be north of 15-16 in its last 31 conference games? There were definitely some fantastic years. That isn’t even debatable. But I’d like to think there are coaches out there that can be somewhere in between the CFP and sub .500 in the last three years in conference play.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-12, 21:35

MSU addict wrote:I too am frustrated, but I know our next coach will simply be a downgrade.

I don’t get this logic. We are like .500 the last 4 years no?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-10-12, 22:11

MiamiSpartan wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

I'm just being a homer

That is usually the case.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-10-12, 22:18

Ok genius. Who we getting that's better? Keep in mind the best coach of this generation couldn't succeed here. It's awesome that you're super critical non engagement fan. Congrats on that.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-12, 22:22

InTenSity wrote:

Ok genius. Who we getting that's better? Keep in mind the best coach of this generation couldn't succeed here. It's awesome that you're super critical non engagement fan. Congrats on that.

He succeed for awhile. Not anymore and that’s ok. That’s when you try someone else. Not sure why you’re saying congrats about having an opinion. Fleck? Tressel? fickell?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-10-12, 22:25

ROW THE BOAT!!!!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-10-12, 22:59

InTenSity wrote:

He succeed for awhile. Not anymore and that’s ok. That’s when you try someone else. Not sure why you’re saying congrats about having an opinion. Fleck? Tressel? fickell?
Ok. You're right. New coaches every 4 years is super successful.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-12, 23:12

InTenSity wrote:

That depends on who you’re talking about. Last four years dantonio or previous six years Dantonio.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-13, 01:02

InTenSity wrote:

Ok. You're right. New coaches every 4 years is super successful.

He’s been here 12 i think. scratch nice straw man.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-13, 02:12

Coach Dantonio has entered the transfer portal  D3fJhWJU4AElmTU
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-13, 09:57

As long as he can keep beating Michigan and getting their stupid coaches fired I’m content. 6-6 7-5 9-3 all the same to me as long as their is a win against UofM and ND(if scheduled).
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2019-10-13, 10:05

steveschneider wrote:As long as he can keep beating Michigan and getting their stupid coaches fired I’m content. 6-6 7-5 9-3 all the same to me as long as their is a win against UofM and ND(if scheduled).

You're part of the problem if you're happy with 7-5/6-6 seasons. Sorry, dude.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-13, 10:09

Death Roe wrote:
steveschneider wrote:As long as he can keep beating Michigan and getting their stupid coaches fired I’m content. 6-6 7-5 9-3 all the same to me as long as their is a win against UofM and ND(if scheduled).

You're part of the problem if you're happy with 7-5/6-6 seasons. Sorry, dude.

I’m just a realist and remember the 80s or 90s when the best moment of the year was beating Lloyd or Bo. I’m content with second tier program.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-13, 10:10

Give me a good clean second tier program that does it the right way every day of the week.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-14, 07:54

Jerel Worthy called out the coaching circle and is fed up with the mediocrity.

Also, for all of us disgusted by our offense we should always look to the brighter side of life. Rutgers threw for just one yard Saturday. At least we are better than that!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next