Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd

+16
SawGreen
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Wally Fairway
tGreenWay
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
duffy munn
Cameron
Nordic
DWags
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd

Post by AvgMSUJoe 11/8/2019, 10:09 pm

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:Update: Getting rid of Dantonio is not even a discussion Beekman

I think today was Beekman's best as AD. He said exactly what needed to be said. Whether or not anyone thinks Coach D should be here next year is irrelevant.

Agree. Screw the knee jerk/no perspective faction. He's the best we've ever had and there is absolutly zero reason to think "the unknown" would do a better job here. We are what we are... Will never be Alabama or Osu.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd

Post by steveschneider 11/9/2019, 12:55 pm

My question is if Dantonio is the man then what resources is Beekman willing to give him to turn it around?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 11/9/2019, 1:11 pm

steveschneider wrote:My question is if Dantonio is the man then what resources is Beekman willing to give him to turn it around?

Exactly what "resources" are currently being withheld that prevent a turnaround?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 11/9/2019, 1:34 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
steveschneider wrote:My question is if Dantonio is the man then what resources is Beekman willing to give him to turn it around?

Exactly what "resources" are currently being withheld that prevent a turnaround?

Big donor payments to five stars.

Oh, unless you want to just be big ten good.

Last edited by DWags on 11/9/2019, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 11/9/2019, 1:40 pm

Heat Miser wrote:

I say open up the pocketbook and pay for better coordinators.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 11/9/2019, 2:02 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Is that the new narrative? He rearranged the deck chairs because there was no money for replacements?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 11/9/2019, 2:34 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Is that the new narrative? He rearranged the deck chairs because there was no money for replacements?

I think Steve is just dreaming of Dantonio being willing to go outside of his circle.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 11/9/2019, 3:48 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I don’t think so but if he’s going to fix it I think he’s gotta change up a few things and he’s not going to do it without better coordinators.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 11/9/2019, 4:18 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I don’t think so but if he’s going to fix it I think he’s gotta change up a few things and he’s not going to do it without better coordinators.

Agreed, but that had nothing to do with the AD and resources. It has to do with performance over loyalty.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 11/9/2019, 4:28 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Agreed, but that had nothing to do with the AD and resources. It has to do with performance over loyalty.

I think you’re both right. 1. Loyalty is cool in friendship family relationships and life, but don’t take it into business if they can’t pull their weight. 2. If you’re gonna be cutting assistants yearly, I hope the athletic department gives you money to bring solid coaches in.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 11/9/2019, 7:59 pm

Vote of confidence curse is real.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2/9/2020, 8:06 pm

Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd - Page 2 2599972566
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2/9/2020, 8:10 pm

Remember to use your words.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2/9/2020, 8:21 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Remember to use your words.

lol!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2/9/2020, 8:26 pm

Shrug.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2/9/2020, 8:37 pm

It's like he's having a conversation with himself in his head, then he'll post the last response here and expect us all to have been following along the whole time somehow.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2/9/2020, 8:52 pm

Cameron wrote:

It's like he's having a conversation with himself in his head, then he'll post the last response here and expect us all to have been following along the whole time somehow.

Or it's like I bumped a "Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd" thread.

Don't worry Cam.  I don't really expect anything of you...other than some occasionally funny drunk posts.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2/9/2020, 9:04 pm

duffy munn wrote:Almost sounds like the dreaded vote of confidence for Coach D. Even more scary, it sounds like Beekman will actually the be AD when it's time for a new coach.

What a dumb ass. No wonder nobody takes this guy seriously.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2/9/2020, 9:07 pm

DWags wrote:Just so we’re clear.  The other board is, of course, bat shit crazy. But Dantonio will only leave when he wants to.  We can speculate when or why, but even losing the rest of these games this year, it’s his choice.

From David Harnes Twitter.  I cant copy that shut.  Here’s Beekmans response to keeping these two for however long if it was up to him.

Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd - Page 2 081a7610

Seems like, once again, Fickell might just fit this culture. Also, I guess our arrogance thinking that Beekman is some kind of dumb ass is just that, Arrogance. We know more about what should be done by outside observation and bits of info we get from people who know people. While Beekman knows way more than all of us.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2/9/2020, 9:14 pm

Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd - Page 2 4113017228 I think you mean ignorance
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2/9/2020, 9:20 pm

DWags wrote:
DWags wrote:Just so we’re clear.  The other board is, of course, bat shit crazy. But Dantonio will only leave when he wants to.  We can speculate when or why, but even losing the rest of these games this year, it’s his choice.

From David Harnes Twitter.  I cant copy that shut.  Here’s Beekmans response to keeping these two for however long if it was up to him.

Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd - Page 2 081a7610

Seems like, once again, Fickell might just fit this culture. Also, I guess our arrogance thinking that Beekman is some kind of dumb ass is just that, Arrogance. We know more about what should be done by outside observation and bits of info we get from people who know people. While Beekman knows way more than all of us.

I think Beekman's best quality in this instance was knowing who to trust. I think Dantonio played a huge part in this hire.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2/9/2020, 10:27 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Or it's like I bumped a "Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd" thread.

Don't worry Cam.  I don't really expect anything of you...other than some occasionally funny drunk posts.

I'd say something encouraging about you maybe one day learning to communicate like you're not on the spectrum, but that's not really my style, and it would be a lie anyway.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2/9/2020, 10:36 pm

Cameron wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I'd say something encouraging about you maybe one day learning to communicate like you're not on the spectrum, but that's not really my style, and it would be a lie anyway.

Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd - Page 2 4113017228 (That wasn't one of them. Have a few more drinks.)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2/10/2020, 1:20 am

Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd - Page 2 Tenor
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2/10/2020, 2:26 am

Cameron wrote:

Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd - Page 2 502811600 Seems about right.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2/10/2020, 2:27 am

NigelUno wrote:
Cameron wrote:

You don’t say. Rolling Eyes
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2/10/2020, 8:33 am

tGreenWay wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I know, right?  Seemed pretty easy for most people to understand the topical nature.

Sorry it went over your (and Cam's) head.

(Let me know if either of you need this post explained. It seems pretty clear though.)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2/10/2020, 8:39 am

Cameron wrote:Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd - Page 2 Tenor

Berkfist.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2/10/2020, 8:42 am

NigelUno wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I know, right?  Seemed pretty easy for most people to understand the topical nature.

(Let me know if either of you need this post explained. It seems pretty clear though.)

When you have to explain your posts to everyone every time you might want to consider how you communicate with the outside world.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2/10/2020, 8:44 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

When you have to explain your posts to everyone every time you might want to consider how you communicate with the outside world.

You should have some fiber in the morning to get the stick out of your ass.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 11/18/2020, 9:14 am

Funny post on the Bunker. All they do is whine so I expected more of the same.

Dantonio Left the cupboards completely bare

Spoiler:
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 11/18/2020, 9:41 am

Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd - Page 2 502811600

Spoiler:
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 11/18/2020, 9:55 am

Let's buy it and make it tSwill HQs.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 11/18/2020, 10:10 am

Originally sold for $212k? Then sold again for $1095k? That had to be a lot, but it says built in 2002. Weird.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 11/18/2020, 11:12 am

Turtleneck wrote:Let's buy it and make it tSwill HQs.

This is going to be uncomfortable for you to hear, but tSwill already has its HQ. We got together a couple years back and bought Hollis’ house. We had a vote, and the decision was made to keep you out of the loop. I know, right? Awkward.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2