Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd

+16
SawGreen
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Wally Fairway
tGreenWay
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
duffy munn
Cameron
Nordic
DWags
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd Empty Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd

Post by DWags Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 15:28

Just so we’re clear.  The other board is, of course, bat shit crazy. But Dantonio will only leave when he wants to.  We can speculate when or why, but even losing the rest of these games this year, it’s his choice.

From David Harnes Twitter.  I cant copy that shut.  Here’s Beekmans response to keeping these two for however long if it was up to him.

Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd 081a7610
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd Empty Re: Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd

Post by Nordic Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 15:33

Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd 1486952199
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd Empty Re: Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd

Post by Cameron Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 15:33

Dantonio can stay as long as he wants. Not all of his assistants/coordinators have earned the same job security.

But I would punch my mother in the face if Tom Izzo told me to.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 15:44

Almost sounds like the dreaded vote of confidence for Coach D. Even more scary, it sounds like Beekman will actually the be AD when it's time for a new coach.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 15:45

Cameron wrote:Dantonio can stay as long as he wants. Not all of his assistants/coordinators have earned the same job security.

Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd 502811600
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 15:50

For context, that interview took place on 10/3 on Ebling's show. Those quotes were not in response to the current vitriol displayed by the vocal minority of MSU fans.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 15:54

maybe Beekman should consult with "Valenti"... I mean, some backwards hat-wearin' with an overdeveloped pituitary gland knows more than the AD, right?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 15:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:maybe Beekman should consult with "Valenti"... I mean, some backwards hat-wearin' with an overdeveloped pituitary gland knows more than the AD, right?

Make Mikey the AD and give his radio show to OTPT.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 16:00

Cameron please punch your mother in the face.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 16:02

I'm content as long as we beat Michigan.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 16:04

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:maybe Beekman should consult with "Valenti"... I mean, some backwards hat-wearin' with an overdeveloped pituitary gland knows more than the AD, right?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 16:08

Don't forget he invites the listeners that defend Dantonio to come up to his ass and take a whiff and also sits there for hours with his producers and obsesses over the size of Foles cock.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 16:08

duffy munn wrote:Almost sounds like the dreaded vote of confidence for Coach D. Even more scary, it sounds like Beekman will actually the be AD when it's time for a new coach.

Really? I 100% disagree. Very first thing I thought after reading the quote was Beekman went way above and beyond the standard VoC.

Edit: I still think Dantonio calls it a career much sooner than later, but that quote tells me Beekman won’t be the one to tell MD not to come to work some day in the future.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 16:11

tGreenWay wrote:
duffy munn wrote:Almost sounds like the dreaded vote of confidence for Coach D. Even more scary, it sounds like Beekman will actually the be AD when it's time for a new coach.

Really? I 100% disagree. Very first thing I thought after reading the quote was Beekman went way above and beyond the standard VoC.

Edit: I still think Dantonio calls it a career much sooner than later, but that quote tells me Beekman won’t be the one to tell MD not to come to work some day in the future.

You are probably right. I'm just a little paranoid about Beekman.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 16:11

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Cameron please punch your mother in the face.

Two questions:
1) Are you Tom Izzo?
2) Will this help the team come March/April?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 16:13

Cameron wrote:Dantonio can stay as long as he wants. Not all of his assistants/coordinators have earned the same job security.

I would punch your mother in the face too, and tell you Izzo told me too. And you would tell me "Okay then"
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 16:14

Wally Fairway wrote:

I would punch your mother in the face too, and tell you Izzo told me too. And you would tell me "Okay then"

I would need to hear Izzo tell you to do it. If I did, I'd hold her arms behind her back so you could get a clean shot in.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 16:16

Cameron wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Cameron please punch your mother in the face.

Two questions:
1) Are you Tom Izzo?

No

Yes
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 16:16

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I’m paranoid about Beekman, too, but only in the respect that I know almost nothing about him, and that drives me a little bit bonkers. I have zero idea if he’s the right person for the job, if he has MSU’s best interest in mind or if he’s looking to make a name for himself. I understand why he’s been low profile, but the guy needs a rollout so we Spartans can learn things about him, hear him speak, etc.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 16:24

tGreenWay wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I’m paranoid about Beekman, too, but only in the respect that I know almost nothing about him, and that drives me a little bit bonkers. I have zero idea if he’s the right person for the job, if he has MSU’s best interest in mind or if he’s looking to make a name for himself. I understand why he’s been low profile, but the guy needs a rollout so we Spartans can learn things about him, hear him speak, etc.

Eh. Hollis was high profile and look how that turned out.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 16:48

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Two questions:
1) Are you Tom Izzo?

No

Yes

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 16:53

I think the most important thing he said was the fit Dantonio had here. I love the fact he understands that, if a new coach needs to be hired, it doesn’t need to be a big splash. A model search. A coach that is exceptional but would also thrive in this environment.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 16:56

I think Kevin Kelley would be a great fit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 16:59

tGreenWay wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Firing a legendary coach because the AD listened to the twitter mob would certainly be one way to make a name for himself.

But look, even if MD retires, I'm concerned about Beekman and Stanley, and what they will really want (beyond the lip service).  I don't know.  But no one should be so naive to assume that they will go out and get a good coach, let alone a good fit.  Let's not forget how dysfunctional our President/AD/Board have been for the last 50 years.  If we didn't have a President that hates athletics, we had an AD fucking around, or a coach fucking around, or a board (I'm looking at you Joel) sabotaging coaches and candidates.  Will all this new blood be different?  We don't know.  Nothing to base it on, or to even know their real feelings on the matter.

Let's not forget that we lucked the fuck out in getting both Izzo and Dantonio, with both being hired only due to a bunch of fucked up internal bullshit that could have gone a dozen different ways, finally falling the right way for us, much to the chagrin of some of those stirring up the bullshit.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 17:02

Cameron wrote:

No

Yes

Ok. That’s fine. I just wanted to test the level of compliance I could get from you compared to Izzo. The answer is less. And that’s fair.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 17:22

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Eh. Hollis was high profile and look how that turned out.

I didn’t clearly put my thoughts into words: I don’t care if Beekman is high profile or low profile, it’s just that I understand why he sort of quietly slid into the position after Hollis because of all that was going on re: Nassar. But, I’m not alone in knowing almost nothing about him, because there was no formal introduction as there usually is when a position of such importance is filled. It’s difficult to tell if someone is right for the job when s/he is handpicked by an interim president who screwed the pooch on most everything else. And as an example, consider what a debacle the interim president created when he named Bob Young the chief legal counsel and gave him a sweetheart compensation package that MSU is still paying for even though Young lasted less than a year.

Beekman may be great for the university in his job, but how would the average Spartan fan know this? Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd 2599972566 And that’s why it makes me paranoid that this is one of the people likely in charge of hiring the next FB and men’s BB coaches.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 19:42

It's hard to tell at this stage whether Beekman is trying to be the anti-Hollis by keeping a low-profile and stay out of spotlight or Beekman is the anti-Hollis because he's in over his head.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 20:33

Floyd Robertson wrote:It's hard to tell at this stage whether Beekman is trying to be the anti-Hollis by keeping a low-profile and stay out of spotlight or Beekman is the anti-Hollis because he's in over his head.

Beekman is a bridge. A place-holder. He's just going to quietly do his job. Glad hand some boosters. Maybe make some moves in smaller sports that nobody cares about (like rowing). He's not going to fire Dantonio. If Dantonio retires under his watch, he'll hire a search firm (like all schools do) and put together a committee to interview final candidates. Nothing to worry about in my opinion (unless you want Dantonio fired).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 20:35

Cameron wrote:

Ok. That’s fine. I just wanted to test the level of compliance I could get from you compared to Izzo. The answer is less. And that’s fair.

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 21:07

Here's the deal. The team is fracturing. Kids going in the portal, parents and former players jumping on social media, etc. And, the social media mob mentality unfortunately rules.

It is affecting the current squad and the future squad. This football patient is in the ICU.

I have great affection for the kids strapping it up and committed to come aboard, but change is no longer an option, it is a necessity.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 21:22

SawGreen wrote:Here's the deal. The team is fracturing. Kids going in the portal, parents and former players jumping on social media, etc. And, the social media mob mentality unfortunately rules.

It is affecting the current squad and the future squad. This football patient is in the ICU.

I have great affection for the kids strapping it up and committed to come aboard, but change is no longer an option, it is a necessity.

I respect your opinion but to me that is a leap of logic. The portal thing is not newsworthy. It is the way the game works moving forward. If you are a second year player passed up on the depth chart by players younger than you, why would you sit on the bench for the remainder of your career, provided you believe in your abilities. One Instagram comment from Jerel Worthy and a fool tweeting at a player and the player responding and then deleting the tweet does not mean the program is burning down. Everyone needs to settle down and let the next 4 weeks play out.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 21:53

Wbh what player responded what did they say
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 21:55

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
SawGreen wrote:Here's the deal. The team is fracturing. Kids going in the portal, parents and former players jumping on social media, etc. And, the social media mob mentality unfortunately rules.

I respect your opinion but to me that is a leap of logic. The portal thing is not newsworthy. It is the way the game works moving forward. If you are a second year player passed up on the depth chart by players younger than you, why would you sit on the bench for the remainder of your career, provided you believe in your abilities. One Instagram comment from Jerel Worthy and a fool tweeting at a player and the player responding and then deleting the tweet does not mean the program is burning down. Everyone needs to settle down and let the next 4 weeks play out.

By change, that doesn't have to be MD, but no change after a few more tough losses isn't going to go well.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 22:39

SawGreen wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

By change, that doesn't have to be MD, but no change after a few more tough losses isn't going to go well.

I understand. But listen man. I know this can't/won't get through to everyone. We don't KNOW that there are going to be a few more tough losses! Let's see what happens! We finish with 3 of the biggest cupcakes in the league. UM doesn't appear to be anything to fear. We are going to catch PSU at a good time. Let's. See. What. Happens.

These are two of the toughest back to back road games this program under Coach D has ever played in terms of level of competition. We clearly do not measure up to those teams. Not saying it's ok, not saying it doesn't suck that we can't in our current form compete for Championships. Just saying the freak out 'fire errrbody/Coach D kept his buddies!!' crowd can't see the forest through the trees. Kliff Kingsbury and Mike Leach would not have this team with its current personnel putting up a 30 spot on those OSU or Wiscy teams. (Well who recruited and coached those players?? I know, I know.) People need to realize that their desire for their pound of flesh might make them feel better temporarily but may not actually solve any problems. I would just encourage everyone to settle down, let's get through the season, let's evaluate things fully at that point in time, and let's allow the man who is way WAAAAAAYYY more invested in any of this in every sense than any dumbfuck fan including me - evaluate things. What sucks to me is exactly what you're talking about - the buzz and freakout and negativity of the fans may force something to happen that will actually harm our program in the long run and force Coach D out before it makes sense.

OTPT - there was some DB grown ass man fan that tweeted at Cam Chambers that he is here on a football scholly and he shouldn't be prioritizing law school. SMMFH. Cam tweeted back that he wants to be on the field and is begging to play more but it hasn't happened. He deleted the tweet.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 16 Oct 2019 - 22:49

duffy munn wrote:

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 8 Nov 2019 - 18:31

Update: Getting rid of Dantonio is not even a discussion Beekman
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 8 Nov 2019 - 18:50

duffy munn wrote:

Are you willing to share top billing? Consider this: “The OTPT & Steve Show”
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 8 Nov 2019 - 19:17

tGreenWay wrote:

Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd 1966794946 Can’t miss radio.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 8 Nov 2019 - 19:23

tGreenWay wrote:

Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd 1966794946 Can’t miss radio.

Beekman on Dantonio/Izzo futures on October 3rd 502811600 Yup. Appointment listening.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri 8 Nov 2019 - 21:58

DWags wrote:Update: Getting rid of Dantonio is not even a discussion Beekman

I think today was Beekman's best as AD. He said exactly what needed to be said. Whether or not anyone thinks Coach D should be here next year is irrelevant.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next