Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Malik Hall

+9
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
Banks2Mason
InTenSity
NigelUno
duffy munn
Tim Wakefield
steveschneider
DWags
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So Malik Hall Empty So Malik Hall

Post by DWags 15/11/19, 09:14 am

This is why it’s so much better not following recruiting. I knew nothing of this kid. No clue. Then he does that. It’s like opening a new present on Christmas Day you had no idea you were getting and you love it.

Last edited by DWags on 15/11/19, 09:33 am; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So Malik Hall Empty Re: So Malik Hall

Post by steveschneider 15/11/19, 09:19 am

100% agree. Could give a shit until they put on the Spartan green. I’d rather follow the team than any kids official visit, hat reveal selection show and any subsequent decommit because some parent is offered more money somewhere else.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 15/11/19, 09:21 am

Kenny G Jr
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 15/11/19, 09:31 am

I watched him play live at Money Ball this summer. ( I know money ball). I came away very impressed with his athleticism but thought his jumper would hold him back. Damn was I wrong. Kid can stroke it.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 15/11/19, 10:06 am

Great game.

Should be a big confidence boost.

We'll need different guys stepping up in games all season to be successful.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 15/11/19, 10:48 am

I'm with Dwags. I have no idea who our recruits are anymore. I used to loosely follow recruiting, but I don't even do that now that our recruiting threads aren't getting bumped. Hopefully he can take advantage of playing well and continue to be consistent.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 15/11/19, 10:50 am

I don't follow it closely, but he was highly rated. Borderline Top 50 in the country. Offers from Oregon, Purdue, Oklahoma, etc.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 15/11/19, 11:22 am

If he wasn’t a five star he should have been. Carry that chip on the shoulder!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 15/11/19, 11:25 am

steveschneider wrote:If he wasn’t a five star he should have been. Carry that chip on the shoulder!

It was one game.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 15/11/19, 11:41 am

Hall can ball.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 15/11/19, 11:45 am

Banks2Mason wrote:I don't follow it closely, but he was highly rated. Borderline Top 50 in the country. Offers from Oregon, Purdue, Oklahoma, etc.

See that’s my point. He could have been a walk on to a five star. I had no expectations. Wa just happy last night.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 15/11/19, 01:49 pm

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:If he wasn’t a five star he should have been. Carry that chip on the shoulder!

It was one game.

I bet he does really good next game.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 15/11/19, 01:59 pm

DWags wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:I don't follow it closely, but he was highly rated. Borderline Top 50 in the country. Offers from Oregon, Purdue, Oklahoma, etc.

See that’s my point. He could have been a walk on to a five star. I had no expectations. Wa just happy last night.

Yeah, Izzo is known to find walk-on freshmen who can score 19 on the road at Seton Hall in like their third college basketball game.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 15/11/19, 02:30 pm

Banks2Mason wrote:
DWags wrote:

So Malik Hall 502811600

Well, to me, when you don't follow recruiting, they're all fucking walk ons. And who the fuck is wearing puddin's number. That reminds me, we need individual threads for Bingham and now Hall. "Bump when they're having a monster game".

Yeah, Izzo is known to find walk-on freshmen who can score 19 on the road at Seton Hall in like their third college basketball game.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 15/11/19, 02:43 pm

DWags wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

So Malik Hall 502811600

Well, to me, when you don't follow recruiting, they're all fucking walk ons. And who the fuck is wearing puddin's number. That reminds me, we need individual threads for Bingham and now Hall. "Bump when they're having a monster game".

the guy wearing puddin's number is named delco rowley
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 15/11/19, 03:03 pm

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

It was one game.

I bet he does really good next game.

I hope he does.

I'd guess he'll have somewhere between the production he had last night and the first two games.

Might be wise to temper your expectations a bit. He's not going to have a lot of games where he gets 7 shots (and doesn't miss any).

Glad he had a great game.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 15/11/19, 03:14 pm

Banks2Mason wrote:
DWags wrote:

the guy wearing puddin's number is named delco rowley

Nice!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 15/11/19, 03:53 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Hall can ball.

Haller was a baller.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 15/11/19, 03:56 pm

Banks2Mason wrote:
DWags wrote:

Is that sarcasm? It smells like sarcasm.

Well done.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 15/11/19, 06:00 pm

Has there ever been a walk on at MSU that tore it up?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 15/11/19, 06:44 pm

DWags wrote:Has there ever been a walk on at MSU that tore it up?

Jumpin’ Johnny Green.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 15/11/19, 06:45 pm

https://msuspartans.com/news/2009/2/24/Johnny_Green_The_Ultimate_Walk_On.aspx
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 15/11/19, 06:51 pm

steveschneider wrote:100% agree. Could give a shit until they put on the Spartan green. I’d rather follow the team than any kids official visit, hat reveal selection show and any subsequent decommit because some parent is offered more money somewhere else.

Unlike Steve, I do give a shit about other human beings regardless of what jersey they wear. Be a better person, Steve.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 15/11/19, 06:57 pm

tGreenWay wrote:https://msuspartans.com/news/2009/2/24/Johnny_Green_The_Ultimate_Walk_On.aspx

Damn, he was a walk on?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 15/11/19, 07:05 pm

Matt Trannon walked on.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 15/11/19, 07:11 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Matt Trannon walked on.

Trannon played basketball?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 15/11/19, 07:29 pm

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:https://msuspartans.com/news/2009/2/24/Johnny_Green_The_Ultimate_Walk_On.aspx

Damn, he was a walk on?

Crazy, right? I had no idea until you asked your question. Probably should’ve put the writeup in the TIL thread, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 15/11/19, 07:30 pm

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Matt Trannon walked on.

Drew Neitzel... both hands...
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 15/11/19, 08:28 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Who named him “Cracker Magic”? I about split a gut when I read that. tTy?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 15/11/19, 09:13 pm

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Who named him “Cracker Magic”? I about split a gut when I read that. tTy?

So Malik Hall 502811600 I hadn’t heard that nickname before. So Malik Hall 1966794946
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 19/11/19, 09:40 am

Want to discuss our recruiting and instead of starting a new thread figured this is a good spot.

Going off the eye test Izzo looks like he's really stepped up his recruiting talent. I don't even know where he's finding half these people, I'm sure they are all ranked or whatever but it seems like he's getting that Beilein eye for talent where he's finding the 'just under the radar' NBA guys. Also, our team looks like it has a ton of depth with a higher level of quality players coming off the bench than I can recall. Also, last years sophomore class (with exception to Loyer) looks special.

Also, who is the big recruiter on his staff that gets these players in? My guess is Dwane Stephens.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 19/11/19, 09:47 am

steveschneider wrote:Want to discuss our recruiting and instead of starting a new thread figured this is a good spot.

Going off the eye test Izzo looks like he's really stepped up his recruiting talent. I don't even know where he's finding half these people, I'm sure they are all ranked or whatever but it seems like he's getting that Beilein eye for talent where he's finding the 'just under the radar' NBA guys. Also, our team looks like it has a ton of depth with a higher level of quality players coming off the bench than I can recall. Also, last years sophomore class (with exception to Loyer) looks special.

Also, who is the big recruiter on his staff that gets these players in? My guess is Dwane Stephens.

i don't really follow recruiting, but i can assure you that the likes of Hall, Bingham, Watts, etc. are about as far from "under the radar" as you can get.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 19/11/19, 09:59 am

Banks2Mason wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Want to discuss our recruiting and instead of starting a new thread figured this is a good spot.

i don't really follow recruiting, but i can assure you that the likes of Hall, Bingham, Watts, etc. are about as far from "under the radar" as you can get.

I follow zero recruiting but I catch glimpses of convos on here. Were these guys Vernon Carrey level one and dones? All I know is the team looks more athletic than I can recall.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 19/11/19, 10:04 am

steveschneider wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

I follow zero recruiting but I catch glimpses of convos on here. Were these guys Vernon Carrey level one and dones? All I know is the team looks more athletic than I can recall.

No.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 19/11/19, 10:08 am

I don’t know anything about recruiting, Steve, but my guess is he found them on a basketball court.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 19/11/19, 10:23 am

tGreenWay wrote:

I don’t know anything about recruiting, Steve, but my guess is he found them on a basketball court.

Never thought of that but good point. Sounds like Izzo has modernized his approach to recruiting. I think he's on the road to title #2.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 19/11/19, 02:47 pm

Good idea, Vlad.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 19/11/19, 06:17 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Good idea, Vlad.

Ouch. Steve doesn’t deserve that, Turtleneck.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 20/11/19, 08:52 am

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Good idea, Vlad.

Ouch. Steve doesn’t deserve that, Turtleneck.

I have no idea who Vlad even is.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 20/11/19, 02:33 pm

Pretty sure I had an Econ class in Malik Hall.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next