Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now you, too, can own a piece of Spartan sports history!

+3
DWags
Banks2Mason
tGreenWay
7 posters

Go down

Now you, too, can own a piece of Spartan sports history! Empty Now you, too, can own a piece of Spartan sports history!

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-09, 19:12

You can now own a small piece of Spartan basketball history! The 2000 men’s championship floor has been chopped into small sections and placed on an official looking wooden plaque complete with an MSU CoA! And it’s yours for the low low price of $250, per order!
https://msusurplusstore.com/catalog/msu-collectibles/msu-athletics/2000-mens-basketball-championship-floor-vertical-commemorative-plaque/

Of course, if you’re not feeling it for the hardcourt, how about $75 bones for a small section of an MSU football goal post? What Spartan executive middle manager wouldn’t want a goalpost pencil cup on her/his cubicle desk? The answer is no one! So hurry before these sell out!
Ya know, back in the day, at the end of the season, the students would just carry these goal posts up to the top of Spartan Stadium and toss them over the edge, but what a waste of a money-making opportunity, so now you can be the proud and legal owner of an MSU goalpost, which means the cops won’t be hunting down your sorry ass. And if you get questioned by DPS, pull out your receipt and tell that fucking pig to chow your nutbag!
The MSU goalpost is available online right now!

https://msusurplusstore.com/catalog/msu-collectibles/msu-athletics/msu-spartan-stadium-goal-post-cup/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Now you, too, can own a piece of Spartan sports history! Empty Re: Now you, too, can own a piece of Spartan sports history!

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-12-09, 19:17

this has been a thing for at least a year plus. i have a 9x9 with all three colors that my sister got me for me last july for like $50. didn't have the plaque thing or whatever but that let me do my own thing. buddy got one of the smaller ones even earlier than that.

if MSU was competent, these would have been well advertised with the nice plaque and everything at the outset. instead, my sister got me what has to be one of the more sought-after ones for next to nothing at the surplus store because my dad dragged her there because he's retired and likes to buy cheap random shit. have a rocks glass from the izzo HoF thing that set him back like $3.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Now you, too, can own a piece of Spartan sports history! Empty Re: Now you, too, can own a piece of Spartan sports history!

Post by DWags 2019-12-09, 19:22

I’ll take one.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-09, 19:23

Banks2Mason wrote:this has been a thing for at least a year plus. i have a 9x9 with all three colors that my sister got me for me last july for like $50. didn't have the plaque thing or whatever but that let me do my own thing. buddy got one of the smaller ones even earlier than that.

if MSU was competent, these would have been well advertised with the nice plaque and everything at the outset. instead, my sister got me what has to be one of the more sought-after ones for next to nothing at the surplus store because my dad dragged her there because he's retired and likes to buy cheap random shit. have a rocks glass from the izzo HoF thing that set him back like $3.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-09, 19:24

DWags wrote:I’ll take one.

Ask Mrs. DWags first, baller.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-12-09, 19:29

tGreenWay wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:this has been a thing for at least a year plus. i have a 9x9 with all three colors that my sister got me for me last july for like $50. didn't have the plaque thing or whatever but that let me do my own thing. buddy got one of the smaller ones even earlier than that.

i'm not bitching at you at all. it's just fairly hilarious on MSU's part. i mean, it was the damn championship floor!!! not to mention the floor that about 16 years of other games were played on (how long was the "dark board" there - that's when they changed it). why was that shit at the surplus store in the first place? my buddy's came as a present with a massive markup from some sports memorabilia store that no doubt snapped up a ton of them and sold them at 500% profit.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-12-09, 19:29

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:I’ll take one.

Ask Mrs. DWags first, baller.

I just did. Christmas present.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-12-09, 19:41

I swear they’ve been selling this floor for 10 years
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-12-09, 19:42

For reference:

Now you, too, can own a piece of Spartan sports history! Img_0310
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-09, 19:51

Pretty cool. I’d buy a piece.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-09, 20:16

Banks2Mason wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

i'm not bitching at you at all. it's just fairly hilarious on MSU's part. i mean, it was the damn championship floor!!! not to mention the floor that about 16 years of other games were played on (how long was the "dark board" there - that's when they changed it). why was that shit at the surplus store in the first place? my buddy's came as a present with a massive markup from some sports memorabilia store that no doubt snapped up a ton of them and sold them at 500% profit.

I know you weren’t. Now you, too, can own a piece of Spartan sports history! 55953254
I just wanted to be a smartass and because I’m old, Steve Martin came to mind first.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-12-09, 20:46

They still have the $50 pieces.  If you want it on a plaque, it's $250.  

I'll take this:

Now you, too, can own a piece of Spartan sports history! File8_5__82019.1573233283.1088.1280
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-12-09, 20:53

Banks2Mason wrote:For reference:

I see stress cracks in your glass
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-09, 21:38

Nordic wrote:

I see stress cracks in your glass

It’s just a stress reaction.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-12-09, 22:02

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-12-11, 15:50

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

that floor handled four years of derrick nix. i think it can handle one glass.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down