Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just joined Rivals Spartan Mag, WAY better recruiting info than 247 sports (nothing to do with MODS)

+17
tTito
Two Star At Best
Rocinante
Gomer
Heat Miser
Snake Plissken
Green Note
By-Tor
NigelUno
SawGreen
Keith Stone
tanfan!
Floyd Robertson
Dr. Leo Spaceman
Spartan Pride
tGreenWay
Brock Middlebrook
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I just joined Rivals Spartan Mag, WAY better recruiting info than 247 sports (nothing to do with MODS) Empty I just joined Rivals Spartan Mag, WAY better recruiting info than 247 sports (nothing to do with MODS)

Post by Guest 2014-05-04, 00:47

Any body else decide to invest else where? I accidentally paid for a year so I am stuck at 247 until then but I have joined a new board.  The admins there  contribute FREQUENTLY to the conversations.  Sean is great but he does not chime in HARDLY EVER on the message board for the amount of money I pay. Like on Scums board on 247, steve talks to them all the time.  We are getting the short end of the stick for the amount of money we pay.  Dorsey and Comp post every day and answer personal questions about recruiting 24/7.  Another point is that they post articles more frequently about recruits instead of only twice a week.  Like sean will never comment on the board regarding recruiting besides twice a week (usually he does not all which is utter horse shit) which is not worth the money to me.  At spartan mag, they will answer all your recruiting questions in the under ground bunker no matter what day it is and I am really happy I decided to join. Lastly, they also have other staff who contribute like Rico who is one of the coolest guys ever and knows a shit ton. Paul K also contributes and there are way more analysts unlike the one guy who never talks at 247 sports. After joining today I feel 247 sports is severely lacking in the recruiting world and the message board is on a down hill dive. We are honestly getting robbed with how little Sean posts.  If any of you VIPS are going to cancel, join spartan mag.  It is head and shoulders above 247 sports with recruiting and they actually care about you.  I just joined Rivals Spartan Mag, WAY better recruiting info than 247 sports (nothing to do with MODS) 55953254

Last edited by SpartanDawgs265---3.0--- on 2014-05-04, 03:24; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Kept forgetting really important shit to add as I became more familiar with rivals)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

I just joined Rivals Spartan Mag, WAY better recruiting info than 247 sports (nothing to do with MODS) Empty Re: I just joined Rivals Spartan Mag, WAY better recruiting info than 247 sports (nothing to do with MODS)

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-05-04, 00:56

I have heard of both publications. While they are both probably great, I am not sure I can pull the trigger. You see, it's not that I'm biased, I just don't know who to believe. There was this dude on here earlier who seemed to really know what he was talking about in all areas of knowledge, but I'm not sure what happened to him. I'm worried he got scared off and will no longer drop real knowledge upon the rest of the dbags on this forum.

Sorry, I got sidetracked thinking about that badass. Please accept my apologies and generous donation.
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I just joined Rivals Spartan Mag, WAY better recruiting info than 247 sports (nothing to do with MODS) Empty Re: I just joined Rivals Spartan Mag, WAY better recruiting info than 247 sports (nothing to do with MODS)

Post by Guest 2014-05-04, 01:00

Brock Middlebrook wrote:I have heard of both publications.  While they are both probably great, I am not sure I can pull the trigger.  You see, it's not that I'm biased, I just don't know who to believe.  There was this dude on here earlier who seemed to really know what he was talking about in all areas of knowledge, but I'm not sure what happened to him.  I'm worried he got scared off and will no longer drop real knowledge upon the rest of the dbags on this forum.  

Sorry, I got sidetracked thinking about that badass.  Please accept my apologies and generous donation.

I am speaking to VIP's. We need to revolt against their shitty recruiting as well, not just the message board.  They are robbing us with how little Sean posts and only giving us info twice a week.  Every other 247 site or any fucking recruiting site for that matter has recruiting people interacting with the customers on a daily basis except for spartan tailgate.  Sean sometimes goes more than a week without every talking on the board which is bull shit. The message board has turned into shit while the recruiting is the worst in the business. No a fucking story from BIll every month doers not make everything ok. They should be posting WAY MORE and are practically stealing our money for how little they post. I want fucking more for 110 dollars, straight robbery.  I just joined Rivals Spartan Mag, WAY better recruiting info than 247 sports (nothing to do with MODS) 294152859

Last edited by SpartanDawgs265---3.0--- on 2014-05-04, 01:12; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-05-04, 01:10

SpartanDawgs265---3.0--- wrote:

I am speaking to VIP's. We need to revolt against their shitty recruiting as well, not just the message board.  They are robbing us with how little Sean posts and only giving us info twice a week.  Every other 247 site or any fucking recruiting site for that matter has recruiting people interacting with the customers on a daily basis except for spartan tailgate. I want fucking more for 110 dollars, straight robbery.  I just joined Rivals Spartan Mag, WAY better recruiting info than 247 sports (nothing to do with MODS) 294152859

No offense, but I fancy myself a very important person too. I'm just not sure if I'm ready to revolt. I mean, on the one hand I like recruiting, but on the other hand, how many dudes can you handle in one week? Customer interaction is fabulous, but let's get real chief.
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-04, 01:12

Brock Middlebrook wrote:

No offense, but I fancy myself a very important person too.  I'm just not sure if I'm ready to revolt.  I mean, on the one hand I like recruiting, but on the other hand, how many dudes can you handle in one week?  Customer interaction is fabulous, but let's get real chief.  

I just joined Rivals Spartan Mag, WAY better recruiting info than 247 sports (nothing to do with MODS) 502811600 I hear ya
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-05-04, 01:21

Go away.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-04, 01:32

tGreenWay wrote:Go away.  

You can easily do that buddy, hit the ignore button.  Your not VIP anyways, this thread does not pertain to you. This thread is not a joke or trolling, since I was banned when I never even posted on 247 sports two days ago (I could not get an explanation), I joined rivals tonight and realized how much 247 sports was lacking in every area. I am sure every VIP members agrees they are not doing enough and will be canceling as well for either the terrible recruiting info or the over moderation. Personally, I will be canceling because of the bad recruiting effort given by the staff. The mods have nothing to do with my reasoning. I see how much better the other recruiting websites are and  it is the only reason I pay (recruiting). This is a discussion that needs to be had I just joined Rivals Spartan Mag, WAY better recruiting info than 247 sports (nothing to do with MODS) 55953254

Last edited by SpartanDawgs265---3.0--- on 2014-05-04, 01:56; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Hard to describe all the negatives in one clean post)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-05-04, 01:38

You should spend all of your time posting on rivals.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-04, 01:41

tGreenWay wrote:You should spend all of your time posting on rivals.  

Why don't you just put me on ignore? Not that hard, click the friends and foes link.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-05-04, 01:41

Don't tell me what to do, jackass.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-04, 01:42

tGreenWay wrote:Don't tell me what to do, jackass.  

Sorry  I just joined Rivals Spartan Mag, WAY better recruiting info than 247 sports (nothing to do with MODS) 969504605 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Pride 2014-05-04, 07:10

There is probably more actual sports discussion on SpartanMag than on any other MSU website. However, that is the most extreme sunshine blower crowd imagineable. And that might sound ok to some of you in theory but...at some point having a string of 20 posters in a row call you a negative prick for saying something like "Cook had a down game" is not a good thing.
Spartan Pride
Spartan Pride
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Leo Spaceman 2014-05-04, 07:20

You think being critical of MSU on 247 is bad... Try calling a spade a spade on rivals and see how that works out for you?
Dr. Leo Spaceman
Dr. Leo Spaceman
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-05-04, 07:31

Spartan Pride wrote:There is probably more actual sports discussion on SpartanMag than on any other MSU website. However, that is the most extreme sunshine blower crowd imagineable. And that might sound ok to some of you in theory but...at some point having a string of 20 posters in a row call you a negative prick for saying something like "Cook had a down game" is not a good thing.

I subscribed to the hardcopy of Spartan Mag for about a decade, the website for 4-5 years and the Spartan Plus email for 3-4 years. I finally gave it all up in JLS' 3rd season when Comp was still blowing sunshine to no end. I'm somewhat embarrassed that took me so long to see through it all.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-05-04, 07:50

Spartan Pride wrote:There is probably more actual sports discussion on SpartanMag than on any other MSU website. However, that is the most extreme sunshine blower crowd imagineable. And that might sound ok to some of you in theory but...at some point having a string of 20 posters in a row call you a negative prick for saying something like "Cook had a down game" is not a good thing.

I'm on it. I have not been banned. I was called a troll for questioning why izzo had appling in the game against uconn in the final two minutes when he took him out fir the final two minutes in the previous game and trice hit those free throws to help seal it. I was allowed to call the dork a dork without getting banned. That was in the bunker. So the mods are not as bad as one would think. The info is better. The video is awesome. The interviews are great. Better info all around. I will renew my subscription. I like the bunker.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Stone 2014-05-04, 07:56

I just can't handle the format of Rivals/SpartanMag message boards. So ugly and not very functional.
Keith Stone
Keith Stone
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-05-04, 10:12

I am interested in this thread. I agree that the format of the site isn't ideal, but if I'm going to pay, it's going to be for content. A good deal of 247 has been 3 paragraphs with nothing more than what a single tweet might cover. The "hooks" (question marks) in most titles always bugged me a bit. Almost desparate.

I do like the MSU writers @ 247. Dan and Sean are good, and Vannini was a good get. But, opinion pieces are almost non-existent. Dan tried one once, and apparently doesn't want to go down that rabbit hole again.

Mlive, Couch and Rexrode have more than filled the void of 247 VIP...so if Rivals expands on that, I may check it out.

(I would have expressed this on 247, but it wouldn't have lived an hour in a thread...and would have been summarily ignored in pm)
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-04, 10:32

SpartanDawgs265---3.0--- wrote:Any body else decide to invest else where? I accidentally paid for a year so I am stuck at 247 until then but I have joined a new board.  The admins there  contribute FREQUENTLY to the conversations.  Sean is great but he does not chime in HARDLY EVER on the message board for the amount of money I pay. Like on Scums board on 247, steve talks to them all the time.  We are getting the short end of the stick for the amount of money we pay.  Dorsey and Comp post every day and answer personal questions about recruiting 24/7.  Another point is that they post articles more frequently about recruits instead of only twice a week.  Like sean will never comment on the board regarding recruiting besides twice a week (usually he does not all which is utter horse shit) which is not worth the money to me.  At spartan mag, they will answer all your recruiting questions in the under ground bunker no matter what day it is and I am really happy I decided to join. Lastly, they also have other staff who contribute like Rico  who is one of the coolest guys ever and knows a shit ton. Paul K also contributes and there are way more analysts unlike the one guy who never talks at 247 sports. After joining today I feel 247 sports is severely lacking in the recruiting world and the message board is on a down hill dive. We are honestly getting robbed with how little Sean posts.  If any of you VIPS are going to cancel, join spartan mag.  It is head and shoulders above 247 sports with recruiting and they actually care about you.  I just joined Rivals Spartan Mag, WAY better recruiting info than 247 sports (nothing to do with MODS) 55953254

If you are that unhappy with your subscription with 247, then you should address those concerns on that message board.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2014-05-04, 10:34

My buddy sends me info from spartanmag quite often during football season. I like their football in season content alot and it is head and shoulders above anything spartan tailgate did. No idea on the recruiting stuff.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-04, 14:21

NigelUno wrote:

If you are that unhappy with your subscription with 247, then you should address those concerns on that message board.

What are you talking about? I don't want them to make any changes.  Can we not talk about new recruiting boards were joining? This board does not need to be known as the 247 cast offs and I am personally done posting there, were all joining new boards.  This is a simple discussion between people who have money for recruiting and are looking for actual good info, not 247 crap. 247 sports is like bleacher report content while spartan mag is like ESPN  I just joined Rivals Spartan Mag, WAY better recruiting info than 247 sports (nothing to do with MODS) 2599972566

Last edited by SpartanDawgs265---3.0--- on 2014-05-04, 14:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I am not exactly sure)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-04, 14:41

What are you talking about? I don't want them to make any changes.  Can we not talk about new recruiting boards were joining? This board does not need to be known as the 247 cast offs and I am personally done posting there, were all joining new boards.  This is a simple discussion between people who have money for recruiting and are looking for actual good info, not 247 crap. 247 sports is like bleacher report content while spartan mag is like ESPN  I just joined Rivals Spartan Mag, WAY better recruiting info than 247 sports (nothing to do with MODS) 2599972566

You can talk about anything. I am suggesting if you are unhappy with a product that you paid for, that you should address those concerns with them. Not a difficult concept.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-04, 14:46

NigelUno wrote:

You can talk about anything.  I am suggesting if you are unhappy with a product that you paid for, that you should address those concerns with them.  Not a difficult concept.

You honestly think they care? They know they are getting away with highway robbery and will not even talk to paying customers. Since 247 does not care, lets hit them in the check book where it stings a little more.  I have tried multiple times to reach out but they could not give two shits about any one or anything.  Terrible concept Nigel  I just joined Rivals Spartan Mag, WAY better recruiting info than 247 sports (nothing to do with MODS) 55953254

Last edited by SpartanDawgs265---3.0--- on 2014-05-04, 14:51; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-04, 14:48

You honestly think they care? They know they are getting away with highway robbery and will not even talk to paying customers.  

Whether I think they care isn't the issue.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I just joined Rivals Spartan Mag, WAY better recruiting info than 247 sports (nothing to do with MODS) Empty good reminder

Post by Green Note 2014-05-04, 15:36

there are alternatives out there
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-05-04, 15:47

NigelUno wrote:

Whether I think they care isn't the issue.

Locking complaint threads doesn't really send a "we care" message (though the last time I opened the other board, it did appear that there was a thread for people to list problems). PMs are a better method.

Still, when competitive alternatives exist, I don't generally feel compelled to tell a business why I moved to a competing product. They should be asking me. This thread might turn out good for 247...the thread wouldn't have gone a day, much less an hour on 247.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-04, 21:57

SawGreen wrote:

Locking complaint threads doesn't really send a "we care" message (though the last time I opened the other board, it did appear that there was a thread for people to list problems). PMs are a better method.

Still, when competitive alternatives exist, I don't generally feel compelled to tell a business why I moved to a competing product. They should be asking me. This thread might turn out good for 247...the thread wouldn't have gone a day, much less an hour on 247.
look they don't read that complaint thread for weeks. It is a complete joke and 247 should be ashamed of themselves. Rivals is run like a real business, not one by a bunch of insecure drinking buddy's
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-04, 22:21

SawGreen wrote:

Locking complaint threads doesn't really send a "we care" message (though the last time I opened the other board, it did appear that there was a thread for people to list problems).  PMs are a better method.

Still, when competitive alternatives exist, I don't generally feel compelled to tell a business why I moved to a competing product.  They should be asking me.  This thread might turn out good for 247...the thread wouldn't have gone a day, much less an hour on 247.

He's paying for a service and is unhappy. I would think a guy who enjoys creating multiple schticks and trolling would want to tell 247 how unhappy he is. But, I guess not.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-05-04, 22:52

look they don't read that complaint thread for weeks. It is a complete joke and 247 should be ashamed of themselves. Rivals is run like a real business, not one by a bunch of insecure drinking buddy's

Let's just remove your account from 247. That should be okay with you...right?
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-05-04, 22:54

Snake Plissken wrote:

Can you do that Snake?  I asked, and all they did was remove my post history (though my profile still looks like 9000+)?  

I'd be fine with account removal.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-05-04, 23:00

SawGreen wrote:
Can you do that Snake?  I asked, and all they did was remove my post history (though my profile still looks like 9000+)?  

I'd be fine with account removal.
I can't find your account. I would need a post to permaban your account and then remove any remaining posts. Not sure why you would want to do that but if you can still post and you post a thread I'll do my part. Know that I cannot undo it.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-05-04, 23:06

Snake Plissken wrote:
I can't find your account. I would need a post to permaban your account and then remove any remaining posts. Not sure why you would want to do that but if you can still post and you post a thread I'll do my part. Know that I cannot undo it.
Best I can figure, is that deleting the post history is really just hiding the post history... and like many other 247 things, they haven't figured out how to hide the same from the profile.  I would have no problem with the account being entirely eliminated (it was SeeGreen over on 247).
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-05-04, 23:08

SawGreen wrote:
Best I can figure, is that deleting the post history is really just hiding the post history... and like many other 247 things, they haven't figured out how to hide the same from the profile.  I would have no problem with the account being entirely eliminated (it was SeeGreen over on 247).
Yeah I know but I can't ban the account without finding a post and all the posts are hidden. Post again and I'm your huckleberry.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-05-04, 23:09

Snake Plissken wrote:
Yeah I know but I can't ban the account without finding a post and all the posts are hidden. Post again and I'm your huckleberry.
BTW it's the best software 1995 money can buy
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-05-04, 23:11

SawGreen wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:

Uh...post some pr0n over there, but let us all know when it's gonna go down first Go out in a blaze of glory!
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-05-04, 23:13

Snake Plissken wrote:
BTW it's the best software 1995 money can buy
 cheers Just posted in this thread... http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Board/93/Contents/Are-we-supposed-to-take-offense-to-people-who-check-their-phones-28470583#M28471655

(sorry SRC for the cross-board reference)
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-05-04, 23:14

Heat Miser wrote:
Uh...post some pr0n over there, but let us all know when it's gonna go down first  Go out in a blaze of glory!

Um...no
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-05-04, 23:19

SawGreen wrote:
 cheers Just posted in this thread... http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Board/93/Contents/Are-we-supposed-to-take-offense-to-people-who-check-their-phones-28470583#M28471655

(sorry SRC for the cross-board reference)
I swear I'm not joking. I permabanned you per your request (I'll do that for anybody that wants it) but when I said remove all posts on the network I got the message Oops! Thats not right. I suspected I couldn't delete posts on other boards so I deleted all posts on tRCMB and got the message Oops! Thats not right.

I ended up deleted that one message which basically was the only visible message anyways.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-05-04, 23:21

Snake Plissken wrote:
I swear I'm not joking. I permabanned you per your request (I'll do that for anybody that wants it) but when I said remove all posts on the network I got the message Oops! Thats not right. I suspected I couldn't delete posts on other boards so I deleted all posts on tRCMB and got the message Oops! Thats not right.

I ended up deleted that one message which basically was the only visible message anyways.
 lol!
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-04, 23:34

Snake Plissken wrote:

Can I get refund on the remaining 8 months?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-05-04, 23:35

Can I get refund on the remaining 8 months?

I don't deal in money... just in trolls.You did say your VIP ended May 8th. That's next week you idiot.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next