Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions on family vacation with your ex

+11
GRR Spartan
duffy munn
Dendrobates
SawGreen
Rocinante
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
DWags
kingstonlake
15 posters

Go down

Opinions on family vacation with your ex Empty Opinions on family vacation with your ex

Post by kingstonlake Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:19 pm

I’ve seen this more often lately. Or maybe I’ve just never noticed. For instance, my sister in law is divorced for like a year in a half. They (her ex husband and three kids) just left for a family vacation to Florida for a week. I don’t get it. They live in the same town, he has a girlfriend, they both show up to holiday events like you’d expect. So why the “family” vacation? To me it makes no sense. When I got divorced my ex mentioned also vacationing in the same town where me and my girlfriend at the time were vacationing with our daughter. I was like, no, not really interested in that. I guess my thinking is if you don’t want to be a family then don’t. I get the holiday and birthday thing but vacationing as a family? Makes no sense to me.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Opinions on family vacation with your ex Empty Re: Opinions on family vacation with your ex

Post by DWags Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:27 pm

No. My vote.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Opinions on family vacation with your ex Empty Re: Opinions on family vacation with your ex

Post by tGreenWay Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:35 pm

I don’t have kids, so let me answer as someone who was a child of divorce:
I don’t know.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:36 pm

Sounds really awkward. What if they, like, decide to start boning again?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:45 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Sounds really awkward. What if they, like, decide to start boning again?

Gross.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:25 pm

The kids would need to be old enough and mature enough to understand the vacation would only be for fun. I could see how a large percentage of children might think, and by think I mean hope, that the family is getting back together. I’m sure some exes and their kids could handle it, but they’d be in the steep minority. Way too confusing for most.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:55 pm

Didn't read the post but from the title of the thread I'd say "no".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:21 pm

Seems weird, but maybe some people actually have a truly amicable divorce, where they genuinely remain friends.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:34 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:Seems weird, but maybe some people actually have a truly amicable divorce, where they genuinely remain friends.

And that’s great. But to the question: no
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:34 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:Seems weird, but maybe some people actually have a truly amicable divorce, where they genuinely remain friends.

But think of the children!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:46 pm

I would love to bone my ex. My wife probably wouldn’t be into it. Also she’d need to take a couple good showers because her current boyfriend (husband?) is disgusting. So probably wouldn’t want to do a vacation with her. I’d just want to bone her.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:33 pm

Rocinante wrote:I would love to bone my ex. My wife probably wouldn’t be into it. Also she’d need to take a couple good showers because her current boyfriend (husband?) is disgusting. So probably wouldn’t want to do a vacation with her. I’d just want to bone her.

I’ve always appreciated your honesty, Roc.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:55 pm

I figure, if all of the adults can deal with the awkwardness, it sets a good example. Kinda cool actually.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:50 pm

If everyone is mature enough, I think that’s a cool thing to be able to do. I would think this wouldn’t be very common.

My girlfriend did something similar, but everyone went on vacation together: girlfriends ex husband and his new wife, her husband, and the kids all together on a vacation . I thought that was cool they could do that. There’s a lot they all hate about each other, but they communicate and co-parent really well.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:11 pm

Dendrobates wrote:If everyone is mature enough, I think that’s a cool thing to be able to do. I would think this wouldn’t be very common.

My girlfriend did something similar, but everyone went on vacation together: girlfriends ex husband and his new wife, her husband, and the kids all together on a vacation . I thought that was cool they could do that. There’s a lot they all hate about each other, but they communicate and co-parent really well.

I get. But I just think it’s weird. You’ve made a decision that you no longer want to function as a family unit as husband and wife in front of the kids but you want to be a family unit on vacation. So obviously you’re doing it for the kids. So why not stay together for the kids? It’s just weird to me.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:25 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:If everyone is mature enough, I think that’s a cool thing to be able to do. I would think this wouldn’t be very common.

I get. But I just think it’s weird. You’ve made a decision that you no longer want to function as a family unit as husband and wife in front of the kids but you want to be a family unit on vacation. So obviously you’re doing it for the kids. So why not stay together for the kids? It’s just weird to me.

Staying together for the kids is a really bad idea. Kids aren't stupid, they know when their parents hate each other and it makes for a really shitty home life.

I do agree that family vacations are weird.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:34 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

While cool, I do agree it's weird.

But dont kid yourself thinking a vacation together is the same as living everyday together .

Hell, I could probably never do that. Vacations are stressful, and I think i would turn mega bitch in that situation. Opinions on family vacation with your ex 502811600 kudos to those who make it work.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:35 am

I would liken vacationing with the ex, the kids, and the ex’s new love interest the situation to off roading with poorly packed nitroglycerin.

Might not blow today or tomorrow but when it does, look out.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:59 am

Depending on the ages of the kids, it would probably confuse the shit out of them.

Hell, even older kids might probably have some sort of meltdown over this.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:21 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Depending on the ages of the kids, it would probably confuse the shit out of them.

Hell, even older kids might probably have some sort of meltdown over this.

Also, this.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:24 pm

take them all to carrabba's
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:35 pm

Have in laws where the ex's are still civil and around eachother at holidays. Can't say they'd go vacationing together.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:10 pm

I don't have an ex, but this seems really weird and would be confusing for your kids.

That said, some drunken current wife/ex wife action sounds spicy.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down