Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remaining Basketball Schedule. What are your thoughts?

+10
Other Teams Pursuing That
duffy munn
aualum06
steveschneider
AvgMSUJoe
Turtleneck
Banks2Mason
I.B. Fine
NigelUno
DWags
14 posters

Go down

Remaining Basketball Schedule.   What are your thoughts?   Empty Remaining Basketball Schedule. What are your thoughts?

Post by DWags Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:11 pm

I just saw Ken Pom has us in his top 20 on both O and D. I look at our remaining schedule and think it's a fricken gauntlet. Wow. The Big ten is so damn good this year. Here's what we have left:

Northwestern W
@ Wisconsin W
PSU W
@ Michigan W
@ Illinois L
Maryland W
@ Nebraska W
Iowa W
@Maryland L
@PSU L
OSU W

I got us finishing 8-3 total of 15-5. I'm probably being generous. Maybe a turd somewhere in there too. Plus Iowa at home will be very tough. I think maybe 5 or 6 losses can win this thing this year.

Illinois has the following

Minnesota W
@ Iowa L
Maryland W
MSU W
@ Rutgers L
@PSU L
Nebraska W
@ Northwestern W
Indiana W
@ OSU W
Iowa W

8-3

Rutgers

Purdue W
@ Michigan W
@Maryland L
Northwestern W
@ OSU W
Illinois W
Michigan W
@ Wisconsin W
@ PSU L
Maryland W
@ PSU L

8-3

Maryland

Iowa W
Rutgers W
@ Illinois L
Nebraska W
@ MSU L
Northwestern W
@ OSU W
@ Minnesota W
MSU W
@ Rutgers L
Michigan W

8-3

Iowa

Wisconsin W
@ Maryland L
Illinois W
@ Purdue L
Nebraska W
@ Indiana W
@ Minnesota W
OSU W
@MSU L
PSU W
Purdue W
@ Illinois L

8-4

There is no room for a turd game or slip up. I love this league. Should be fun.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Remaining Basketball Schedule.   What are your thoughts?   Empty Re: Remaining Basketball Schedule. What are your thoughts?

Post by NigelUno Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:25 pm

8-3 looks good.

Hopefully, a Big Ten Championship gets us in Cleveland the first weekend, and then Indy.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Remaining Basketball Schedule.   What are your thoughts?   Empty Re: Remaining Basketball Schedule. What are your thoughts?

Post by I.B. Fine Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:26 pm

NigelUno wrote:8-3 looks good.

Hopefully, a Big Ten Championship gets us in Cleveland the first weekend, and then Indy.
We started in Cleveland in 2000, I watched us beat Utah and Majerus ...hopefully we'll have a repeat performance this year.
I need to see about getting tickets.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:28 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
NigelUno wrote:8-3 looks good.

We started in Cleveland in 2000, I watched us beat Utah and Majerus ...hopefully we'll have a repeat performance this year.

ah, good ole rick "remember that towel story?" majerus lol
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:39 pm

0-11 if Izzo doesn’t modernize his tie collection.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:17 pm

Crazy shit ALWAYS happens in the big ten. Specially in Feb.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:53 pm

I’m feeling good. I like how coach took the team to a Timberwolves game and made a change to the starting lineup. These moves will pay off in dividends over the coming weeks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:11 am

Loss at Maryland 17-3 let's go
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:12 am

Banks2Mason wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

ah, good ole rick "remember that towel story?" majerus lol
Dude could coach ball though. Triangle and 2 to take out zona was a thing af beauty
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:19 am

Wisconsin just gave a 12 pint lead up to Iowa. 10-0 run. 4 left Wisconsin lead down to 2.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:21 am

DWags wrote:Wisconsin just gave a 12 pint lead up to Iowa.  10-0 run. 4 left Wisconsin lead down to 2.
12 Pints?  One per player or did the point guard down them all? that little bitch...
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:24 am

I.B. Fine wrote:
DWags wrote:Wisconsin just gave a 12 pint lead up to Iowa.  10-0 run. 4 left Wisconsin lead down to 2.
12 Pints?  One per player or did the point guard down them all? that little bitch...

Remaining Basketball Schedule.   What are your thoughts?   502811600

On a serious note the refs are gonna let Garza beat the shit out of us at Iowa.

Garza on the line to tie it. 2:19 to go
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:28 am

DWags wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Did you check your schedule? I'm pretty sure no at Iowa game
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:32 am

aualum06 wrote:
DWags wrote:

Did you check your schedule? I'm pretty sure no at Iowa game

Nice.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:20 am

I don't know about the rest of the schedule but I think we win the league.

I also hope we beat the shit out of Wisconsin on this weekend. That Davidson kid is a punk. Coach izzo should should player Izzo in the game to chop block him before he can do it to Cash.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:25 am

Northwestern - W
@ Wisconsin - L
PSU - W
@ Michigan - W
@ Illinois - L
Maryland - W
@ Nebraska - W
Iowa - W
@Maryland - W
@PSU - W
OSU - W
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:32 am

I think we lose 2 of those. Definitely @Ill. I would set the O/U for remaining Ls at 2.5 and I would be really conflicted.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:32 am

My thoughts on these last games is the same as when the season began: What does a player or coach do if they have to poop and it’s early in the game, or it’s after halftime? That’s a long time to pucker up, and might become a problem on a fast break or dunk.

:poop:
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:10 am

tGreenWay wrote:My thoughts on these last games is the same as when the season began: What does a player or coach do if they have to poop and it’s early in the game, or it’s after halftime? That’s a long time to pucker up, and might become a problem on a fast break or dunk.

:poop:

So my sophomore year I got brought up to the varsity in basketball. Wasn’t thrilled about it because back then sometimes you got brought up and the coach didn’t play you. Which was asinine in my mind. Better to give guys game playing experience on JV rather than just practice experience and five minutes per half on varsity. Our coach was known for doing that but my parents made me do what the varsity coach wanted. (When I became an athletic director later my rule was you don’t bring a kid up from freshman or JV ball unless he could start for you). Anyway, first game I was on the bench drinking a water bottle the whole first half. Close game vs Ludington. I wasn’t getting in I figured. Kept drinking. 4th quarter coach yells for me to go in. I had to pee so bad I could taste it. I could feel some drip out. Only thing I could think to do was either ask to be taken out, pretend I was hurt or throw the ball away a couple times and he’d take me out. Lucky it was only a couple trips up and down the court. He put the senior point guard back in. You know how you usually slap the guys hand when they come in for you, give the number of the guy you’re guarding and sit on the bench? I ran straight to the locker room and pissed. I could hear some people laugh in the stands. When I came back out and sat down there was a bit more laughter. Later at my house my mom dad and girlfriend told me they knew I had to go by watching. I imagine only they were just watching me. The other people were watching the ball and game. I swore I’d never drink on the bench again. But truth be told same thing basically happened in the districts. Wasn’t as bad and I didn’t drip any out. But went into the locker room and peed when I came out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:01 am

DWags is the closest tSwill has to George Brett. Remaining Basketball Schedule.   What are your thoughts?   502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:19 am

We're winning them all and getting a 1 seed. Get on the hype train, losers.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:59 pm

We probably lose @ MD and @ PSU, win the rest, but because of those 2 losses, we still win the B1G, then go on to the championship game of the B1G tournament, lose that and get a 4 seed.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down