Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got a football boner

+8
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
Rocinante
MattyFresh
Turtleneck
steveschneider
12 posters

Go down

Got a football boner Empty Got a football boner

Post by steveschneider Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:59 pm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2877656-final-landing-spot-predictions-for-top-remaining-2020-cfb-transfer-targets

I don’t know who this guy is but Im pretty stoked about the upcoming football season if we get this guy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Got a football boner Empty Re: Got a football boner

Post by Turtleneck Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:25 pm

Football is a dumb sport. God intended for only basketball. Everything else is unholy.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:57 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Football is a dumb sport. God intended for only hockey. Everything else is unholy.

fify

Got a football boner E4885911
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:08 am

Pics of boner or it didn’t happen.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:17 am

That would be a big help. I hope it happens. Like do it today, kid. Be here for spring ball.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:21 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:That would be a big help. I hope it happens. Like do it today, kid. Be here for spring ball.

This season will be so much more watchable with a qb. I’m going to guess the cupboard was empty at this position. We all saw Rocky and it’s pretty telling that he was the back-up. Didn’t we have some five star ol? With a decent qb, getting a rb from Georgia and a qb that can actually throw is something to be excited about.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:23 am

steveschneider wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:That would be a big help. I hope it happens. Like do it today, kid. Be here for spring ball.

This season will be so much more watchable with a qb. I’m going to guess the cupboard was empty at this position. We all saw Rocky and it’s pretty telling that he was the back-up. Didn’t we have some five star ol? With a decent qb, getting a rb from Georgia and a qb that can actually throw is something to be excited about.

I'm not writing off Theo Day at all. I saw him run two effect plays and complete passes before getting yanked for god knows what.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:30 am

I'm more excited now than I was toward the end of this past season.. I think we'll see a good energy on the field, guys flying around out there, etc. Tough schedule but most of the big games (UM/OSU) are at home.

I'm not expecting miracles the first season. I just wanna see guys playing hard (i.e., not blowing a three TD lead in the 4th quarter against a pedestrian Illinois team in Spartan Stadium).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:36 am

I think the unrealistic expectation crew will have a meltdown... For a first year coach, A bowl game should be a realistic goal (...this year's result). Our millennial loudmouth fans wont have the patience for that being "successful".
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:04 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I'm not writing off Theo Day at all. I saw him run two effect plays and complete passes before getting yanked for god knows what.

To be fair not sure anyone could run that stale predictable offense. Maybe with a good playbook he’d look like a completely different quarterback.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:06 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I think the unrealistic expectation crew will have a meltdown... For a first year coach, A bowl game should be a realistic goal (...this year's result). Our millennial loudmouth fans wont have the patience for that being "successful".

The key word I have right now is hope. In season two let’s hope we can MSFGA.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:35 am

steveschneider wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

To be fair not sure anyone could run that stale predictable offense. Maybe with a good playbook he’d look like a completely different quarterback.

Just because it didn't work well, doesn't mean it was stale and predictable. Pistol, RPOs, misdirection, etc. It was not stale nor predictable. It just wasn't very talented/deep.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:40 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Just because it didn't work well, doesn't mean it was stale and predictable. Pistol, RPOs, misdirection, etc. It was not stale nor predictable. It just wasn't very talented/deep.

If they had 2015's O line, we would be celebrating coach D's 10-11 win season.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:41 am

BTW, a football boner sounds like you need immediate medical attention for a draining.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:43 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:BTW, a football boner sounds like you need immediate medical attention for a draining.

I'd like to have one for four hours on fall Saturdays.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:48 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

You are probably right but there were times in the red zone where I thought we were very stale and predictable as in I knew once we got in there we weren't going to score.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:04 am

Need a modern offense.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:19 am

NigelUno wrote:Need a modern offense.

Preach.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:21 am

Good to see some energy around the football program again.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:43 am

Like app based... or are you thinking all the way to jet packs.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:56 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Like app based... or are you thinking all the way to jet packs.

At the very least I want to see our offense on the side lines looking at tablets with our coordinators feeding them real time data and instruction to beat the oppositions defense.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:24 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Based on what I've read, I don't think we have a QB on the roster that fits what Johnson/Tucker want to do. Sounds like they want a more mobile QB to run zone read option with QB and H-backs, wing backs, veer, pistol, etc. Similar to what we did last year, but more zone read option runs and pistol. Rocky is a big bulldozer, but he is not going to stretch the field with his legs. He hasn't shown the ability to keep his feet or make the right read to get more than 2-3 yards. There have been a lot of runs where you are left scratching your head a bit. And Day is listed at 6-5 and the crootin sites had him listed as a Pro-Style QB.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:58 pm

I haven’t had a football boner in years. I feel really deprived. I don’t see it happening this year either.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:41 pm

Dendrobates wrote:I haven’t had a football boner in years. I feel really deprived. I don’t see it happening this year either.

The football boner won't be in Ws. It'll be little boners like blocking schemes and finishing blocks, route running, blocking downfield better than ever before, angles of pursuit and tackling techniques instead of whiffs. These things will make bigger boners down the road.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:00 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:I haven’t had a football boner in years. I feel really deprived. I don’t see it happening this year either.

The football boner won't be in Ws. It'll be little boners like blocking schemes and finishing blocks, route running, blocking downfield better than ever before, angles of pursuit and tackling techniques instead of whiffs. These things will make bigger boners down the road.

I guess it’s big things that get me going. I don’t want a half chub, I need the real deal in good Ws Got a football boner 502811600
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:02 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I guess it’s big things that get me going. I don’t want a half chub, I need the real deal in good Ws Got a football boner 502811600

Got a football boner 502811600 Got a football boner 502811600

I tried. Got a football boner 4177874726
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down