Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you guys doing with the extra day we’re all getting tomorrow?

+12
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
MiamiSpartan
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
duffy munn
tGreenWay
Cameron
aualum06
The Pantry
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
16 posters

Go down

What are you guys doing with the extra day we’re all getting tomorrow?   Empty What are you guys doing with the extra day we’re all getting tomorrow?

Post by DWags 2020-02-28, 23:35

You only get this extra day once every four years. Please tell us what you’re doing with yours.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What are you guys doing with the extra day we’re all getting tomorrow?   Empty Re: What are you guys doing with the extra day we’re all getting tomorrow?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-02-28, 23:51

Well at 9:30 I get to coach a bunch of first graders in basketball who don't listen and have the attention span of a flea. Then I get to go to Southfield for the annual Pinewood Derby. Then back to the HS for the boy's game. Then I will probably drink.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What are you guys doing with the extra day we’re all getting tomorrow?   Empty Re: What are you guys doing with the extra day we’re all getting tomorrow?

Post by The Pantry 2020-02-29, 00:08

Marveling at the wildness of time keeping. Celestial orbits, shot clocks, clock on the microwave, EST, and the invariable alarm on my cell phone set for 4:45 AM Monday morning.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-29, 00:14

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Well at 9:30 I get to coach a bunch of first graders in basketball who don't listen and have the attention span of a flea. Then I get to go to Southfield for the annual Pinewood Derby. Then back to the HS for the boy's game. Then I will probably drink.

Holy shit, good thing the gubmint gave us an extra day.

Daughter just texted me: “dad mom has food poisoning. We ate raw meat at a restaurant here. She’s really sick. Left the bar. I had to pay our tab, Taylor’s mom is with her. Please Venmo me moms share of the tab and dinner”. Hahahahahahaha I know what the wife is doing with her extra day.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-02-29, 01:01

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Well at 9:30 I get to coach a bunch of first graders in basketball who don't listen and have the attention span of a flea. Then I get to go to Southfield for the annual Pinewood Derby. Then back to the HS for the boy's game. Then I will probably drink.
Did you polish the axles and overload the wheels with graphite?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-02-29, 01:43

sounds like my JV team
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-02-29, 01:53

I think I'm gonna make pancakes.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-29, 03:43

DWags wrote:

Daughter just texted me: “dad mom has food poisoning. We ate raw meat at a restaurant here. She’s really sick. Left the bar. I had to pay our tab, Taylor’s mom is with her. Please Venmo me moms share of the tab and dinner”. Hahahahahahaha I know what the wife is doing with her extra day.

Seems like the kid is scamming you. Tell her you want pics of Mrs. DWags with her head in the toilet or else hell no.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-02-29, 09:05

Going to watch my grand daughters swim lesson this morning. Then probably will take them to breakfast.

By that time it should be noon so maybe a quick beer at Dags. Nap.

Finally going to Jingles promotion at the Rusty Mug @ 6. He's giving away tickets and hotel for the Big ten tourney in Indy. Fucker better rig it for me.

Then home to watch the skull fucking of the turtle. I can't watch games in public.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-02-29, 09:13

Skiing in Aspen and then seeing Shaq perform as a DJ What are you guys doing with the extra day we’re all getting tomorrow?   502811600What are you guys doing with the extra day we’re all getting tomorrow?   151b8c10

Last edited by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-02-29, 09:23; edited 1 time in total
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-29, 09:15

duffy munn wrote:Going to watch my grand daughters swim lesson this morning. Then probably will take them to breakfast.

By that time it should be noon so maybe a quick beer at Dags. Nap.

Finally going to Jingles promotion at the Rusty Mug @ 6. He's giving away tickets and hotel for the Big ten tourney in Indy. Fucker better rig it for me.

Then home to watch the skull fucking of the turtle. I can't watch games in public.

You can enter me in the drawing if you want.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-02-29, 09:31

Fun fact of the day: In the year 2000, leap day was a 1 in every 400 years occurrence. It was the first time since 1600 in which a year divisible by 100 DID have a leap day. Normally the century marks are not leap years, except for every 400 years.

Time for a metric calendar?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-02-29, 09:51

Slept in 'til 6:00. Coffee.. went running.. Listening to Turnpike Troubadours.. wife has to go to Okemos for a haircut or something.

Solid nap planned if I wanna stay up for the game tonight.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-29, 09:58

Leaving for Alaska to pan for gold. Back for a nap and the game.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-29, 09:59

MiamiSpartan wrote:Fun fact of the day: In the year 2000, leap day was a 1 in every 400 years occurrence. It was the first time since 1600 in which a year divisible by 100 DID have a leap day. Normally the century marks are not leap years, except for every 400 years.

Time for a metric calendar?

You oversold the fun part.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-29, 10:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Slept in 'til 6:00. Coffee.. went running.. Listening to Turnpike Troubadours.. wife has to go to Okemos for a haircut or something.

Solid nap planned if I wanna stay up for the game tonight.

Douglas J or the one at Meijer?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-02-29, 10:28

It’s none of your business.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-29, 11:13

Turtleneck wrote:It’s none of your business.

It’s funny that you think this question could be related to his business. And by funny, I mean you’re a dumbass.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-02-29, 11:40

DWags wrote:

Having had food poisoning from a restaurant I feel bad for your wife. It’s that Think you’re going to die that becomes afraid you won’t” kind of sick. Hope she is better soon.

I was out walking in the sun (and cold) this morning. Get to do son-in-law duty visiting my 92 year old mother-in-law with my wife this afternoon.

The light at the end of the tunnel is cold 16’ oz Boom Sauce IPA’s and picking up a Jets Pizza for MSU vs Maryland tonight.

PS
Use code LEAP for 29% off Jets online orders on Feb 29
Use code LEAP for 29% off
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What are you guys doing with the extra day we’re all getting tomorrow?   Empty NM

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-02-29, 11:41

[

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2020-02-29, 17:43; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-02-29, 12:10

First dance comp of the season.  I'll be in the South Lyon East Larry C. Jackson Theatre till 10pm. Ladies kicked it off by drilling their lyrical line What are you guys doing with the extra day we’re all getting tomorrow?   3493939353
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-29, 12:58

Nordic wrote:First dance comp of the season.  I'll be in the South Lyon East Larry C. Jackson Theatre till 10pm. Ladies kicked it off by drilling their lyrical line What are you guys doing with the extra day we’re all getting tomorrow?   3493939353

Nice! Been there. Good luck to your girl.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-02-29, 13:52

Went to the gym, then the produce/meat market, then I bought a new bike because I only had one. Not dying of coronavirus with only one bike.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-29, 14:57

Floyd Robertson wrote:Went to the gym, then the produce/meat market, then I bought a new bike because I only had one. Not dying of coronavirus with only one bike.

Good call.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-02-29, 15:50

Floyd Robertson wrote:Went to the gym, then the produce/meat market, then I bought a new bike because I only had one. Not dying of coronavirus with only one bike.

Buy any bats?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-02-29, 16:04

Nordic wrote:

Buy any bats?

Not that I remember.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-02-29, 19:33

My kid got booted out of his game. I'm kind of pissed. Some hack on the other team got pissed that he tried to (cleanly) steal the ball from him and hauled off and gave him a two handed shove from behind. So little WBH lost it a little bit and went back at the kid and gave him a two handed shove before they got separated and each sent to the bench. No big deal. They're 10. They were over it in 30 seconds. Until I walked over to the bench to see what was up and he's sobbing and my buddy who is coaching tells me she threw them both out of the game. Way overkill. How about sit this shift out, how about shake hands and get back out there, maybe even let's not match these two up against each other? Nope. Boots them in the first quarter.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-02-29, 19:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:My kid got booted out of his game. I'm kind of pissed. Some hack on the other team got pissed that he tried to (cleanly) steal the ball from him and hauled off and gave him a two handed shove from behind. So little WBH lost it a little bit and went back at the kid and gave him a two handed shove before they got separated and each sent to the bench. No big deal. They're 10. They were over it in 30 seconds. Until I walked over to the bench to see what was up and he's sobbing and my buddy who is coaching tells me she threw them both out of the game. Way overkill. How about sit this shift out, how about shake hands and get back out there, maybe even let's not match these two up against each other? Nope. Boots them in the first quarter.

Still a great teaching moment for both. What grade? 5th? T both up, and teach them. Ejection seems like over kill for 5th graders
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-02-29, 19:53

4th grade. Ok teaching moment. Could have been better if she allowed them to cool off, make up and participate with a warning. I told him he didn't do anything wrong and I would do the same thing if someone pushed me in the back, but you have to understand there will be consequences.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-02-29, 19:54

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:4th grade. Ok teaching moment. Could have been better if she allowed them to cool off, make up and participate with a warning. I told him he didn't do anything wrong and I would do the same thing if someone pushed me in the back, but you have to understand there will be consequences.

4th grade I'm not sure even a t is appropriate. Not sure in 5th either. Sounds like the other kid was a little douche. Don't do things that would start a brawl in big boy basketball.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2020-02-29, 20:02

Went into the office for a few hours this morning. Came home around noon and took a nap. Stopped at Meijer and picked up some Hopslam. Now I'm drinking and watching basketball. Pretty unremarkable day, but at least I don't have food poisoning!
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-29, 20:08

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:My kid got booted out of his game. I'm kind of pissed. Some hack on the other team got pissed that he tried to (cleanly) steal the ball from him and hauled off and gave him a two handed shove from behind. So little WBH lost it a little bit and went back at the kid and gave him a two handed shove before they got separated and each sent to the bench. No big deal. They're 10. They were over it in 30 seconds. Until I walked over to the bench to see what was up and he's sobbing and my buddy who is coaching tells me she threw them both out of the game. Way overkill. How about sit this shift out, how about shake hands and get back out there, maybe even let's not match these two up against each other? Nope. Boots them in the first quarter.

Teaching kids that the refs suck early in life. Then they aren't so damn pissed off later when MSU gets fucked by the big ten POS officials again.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2020-02-29, 20:13

One time in 5th grade we were down one with the clock running down. My coach was yelling "FOUL FOUL FOUL!" so loud the whole gym could hear him. So I bullrushed the point guard and basically forechecked him into the bleachers. The kid started crying but he was fine. I got ejected from the game and they made me completely exit the gym. The kid ended up missing both free throws and my friend Patrick stole the inbounds pass and hit a jumper from the free throw line at the buzzer. I missed the whole thing because I was sitting in the locker room by myself. What are you guys doing with the extra day we’re all getting tomorrow?   502811600
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-29, 20:15

DWags wrote:

Teaching kids that the refs suck early in life. Then they aren't so damn pissed off later when MSU gets fucked by the big ten POS officials again.

Even though he’s retired, it’s important for current and future generations to know what a fucking shitbird Delany was to MSU, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-29, 20:17

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:4th grade. Ok teaching moment. Could have been better if she allowed them to cool off, make up and participate with a warning. I told him he didn't do anything wrong and I would do the same thing if someone pushed me in the back, but you have to understand there will be consequences.

Ejections were too much. Problem is, and you know this, is it’s usually the responding player who gets hit with the penalty. Good that the ref saw the offending player and gave him the thumb, too. That doesn’t happen often.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-29, 21:13

y2kMgrad wrote:One time in 5th grade we were down one with the clock running down. My coach was yelling "FOUL FOUL FOUL!" so loud the whole gym could hear him. So I bullrushed the point guard and basically forechecked him into the bleachers. The kid started crying but he was fine. I got ejected from the game and they made me completely exit the gym. The kid ended up missing both free throws and my friend Patrick stole the inbounds pass and hit a jumper from the free throw line at the buzzer. I missed the whole thing because I was sitting in the locker room by myself. What are you guys doing with the extra day we’re all getting tomorrow?   502811600

What are you guys doing with the extra day we’re all getting tomorrow?   502811600 What are you guys doing with the extra day we’re all getting tomorrow?   502811600 What are you guys doing with the extra day we’re all getting tomorrow?   502811600

I hope your coach held you up as a great example for following his orders.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2020-02-29, 21:25

DWags wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:One time in 5th grade we were down one with the clock running down. My coach was yelling "FOUL FOUL FOUL!" so loud the whole gym could hear him. So I bullrushed the point guard and basically forechecked him into the bleachers. The kid started crying but he was fine. I got ejected from the game and they made me completely exit the gym. The kid ended up missing both free throws and my friend Patrick stole the inbounds pass and hit a jumper from the free throw line at the buzzer. I missed the whole thing because I was sitting in the locker room by myself. What are you guys doing with the extra day we’re all getting tomorrow?   502811600

What are you guys doing with the extra day we’re all getting tomorrow?   502811600 What are you guys doing with the extra day we’re all getting tomorrow?   502811600 What are you guys doing with the extra day we’re all getting tomorrow?   502811600

I hope your coach held you up as a great example for following his orders.

Haha he was actually really embarrassed and apologized to my mom after the game because he'd never taught us how to foul in a situation like that. It also earned me the nickname "the hammer" by the dads in the stands who thought it was hilarious. I actually have a couple funny basketball stories. We once lost a game 55-4 in 6th grade. We weren't very good at defending the pick and roll and the other team had a point guard who was really good at making layups. I scored half our team's points on a put back tip on an offensive rebound. cheers
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down