Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Attorney general "REFUSES TO INVESTIGATE UOFM, AND DAMN IT, IT'S MSU'S FAULT". Yep. Wrap your mind around that.

+4
tGreenWay
Nordic
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
8 posters

Go down

Our Attorney general "REFUSES TO INVESTIGATE UOFM, AND DAMN IT, IT'S MSU'S FAULT".  Yep.  Wrap your mind around that.    Empty Our Attorney general "REFUSES TO INVESTIGATE UOFM, AND DAMN IT, IT'S MSU'S FAULT". Yep. Wrap your mind around that.

Post by DWags 2020-03-05, 21:34

butt knuckle doctor won't be investigated by our attorney general because of the way MSU treated her. It's all MSU's fault, so because of them, we will not investigate UofM.

[tw]1235637137682444288?s=20[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Our Attorney general "REFUSES TO INVESTIGATE UOFM, AND DAMN IT, IT'S MSU'S FAULT".  Yep.  Wrap your mind around that.    Empty Re: Our Attorney general "REFUSES TO INVESTIGATE UOFM, AND DAMN IT, IT'S MSU'S FAULT". Yep. Wrap your mind around that.

Post by DWags 2020-03-05, 21:35

So, if they say "we arent' gonna cooperate", well dag darn it, she just wont' investigate them in that case!!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Our Attorney general "REFUSES TO INVESTIGATE UOFM, AND DAMN IT, IT'S MSU'S FAULT".  Yep.  Wrap your mind around that.    Empty Re: Our Attorney general "REFUSES TO INVESTIGATE UOFM, AND DAMN IT, IT'S MSU'S FAULT". Yep. Wrap your mind around that.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-03-05, 21:57

The fuck kind of rationale is this?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-05, 22:17

Anyone with a law degree able to interpret this? I don't get it.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-03-05, 22:22

She’s an alum; is anyone really surprised by this?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-05, 22:31

The only way this is actually bad is if UM agrees and MSU still refuses. Otherwise seems fine to me.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-03-05, 22:31

I’m going to raise hell on twitter, including calling for Nessel to recuse herself. If enough people take that approach, it might force her hand into investigating because you know she doesn’t want to give up all the publicity. The guy practiced for nearly forty years, and when the complaints started rolling in, all the school did was reassign him to athletics.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-05, 23:56

tGreenWay wrote:I’m going to raise hell on twitter, including calling for Nessel to recuse herself. If enough people take that approach, it might force her hand into investigating because you know she doesn’t want to give up all the publicity. The guy practiced for nearly forty years, and when the complaints started rolling in, all the school did was reassign him to athletics.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-03-06, 00:02

Our Attorney general "REFUSES TO INVESTIGATE UOFM, AND DAMN IT, IT'S MSU'S FAULT".  Yep.  Wrap your mind around that.    502811600

I can assure you, this is not a blave.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-03-06, 00:17

Nordic wrote:Anyone with a law degree able to interpret this? I don't get it.

No law degree, but only the client can waive privilege. If the client is umaa, I can’t see it happening because of the risk of civil and possible criminal exposure. There could even possibly be things in the exchanges that would give its insurance carriers cause to void coverage. I just can’t fathom them waiving privilege because of the potential problems it poses. And that doesn’t include individual faculty/staff who received legal advice, and I sure as hell don’t see them waiving. Without public pressure, and without the waiver, Nessel might be thinking she’s going to be able to cover up a lot of this.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-03-06, 07:51

Wait, so is she basically saying, "By following one of the key components of the justice system that promotes fairness to the accused, MSU made my job harder. I will not be forced to work hard on a case again."
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-03-06, 08:12

MiamiSpartan wrote:Wait, so is she basically saying, "By following one of the key components of the justice system that promotes fairness to the accused, MSU made my job harder. I will not be forced to work hard on a case again."

I honestly think she is publicly telling her alma matter that if they declare any kind of privilege, that she won't investigate them. She is then sticking a knife in MSU by saying "I tried with that horrible university and was shunned, and boy did I learn my lesson".

She has to have come across at some point in her law career attorney client privilege. But maybe she hasn't. Or she's just another shill for UofM helping them bury this.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-03-06, 10:47

Attorney Generals are generally pieces of shit. I'm guessing either you guys are right with speculation that she's protecting her alma mater, or she thinks that without them waiving privilege, she won't have great odds of getting convictions and whatnot, and AGs love to be able to point to a sterling conviction percentage, because most of them care more about their own reputations and career trajectories than they do about actual justice being done.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-03-06, 11:00

Cameron wrote:Attorney Generals are generally pieces of shit. I'm guessing either you guys are right with speculation that she's protecting her alma mater, or she thinks that without them waiving privilege, she won't have great odds of getting convictions and whatnot, and AGs love to be able to point to a sterling conviction percentage, because most of them care more about their own reputations and career trajectories than they do about actual justice being done.

Agree... Canham and Bo (and other administrators) are dead or dying. So either she can proceed and find out 99% of UM fans greatest hero was a piece of shit sexual assault enabler, or she can punt and have little to no kickback from her inner circle. Regardless she wont be able to use anything from this in a campaign commercial.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down