Coronavirus?? We gone?

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Heat Miser on 2020-03-25, 15:36

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I’m not politicizing it. The president is. I’m advocating exactly what your saying. The president is clearly rapidly moving toward throwing his hands up and saying get back to work. Some of you will die but I’m willing to make that sacrifice for the cheddah.

Just because he says it, doesn't mean people will do it. You think the airports are going to magically fill up just because Cheeto-face says back to business as usual? The cruise ships? Professional sports? Bars & restaurants?

I do. People are dumb. Maybe not fill up but enough people will.

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I’m not politicizing it. The president is. I’m advocating exactly what your saying. The president is clearly rapidly moving toward throwing his hands up and saying get back to work. Some of you will die but I’m willing to make that sacrifice for the cheddah.

Just because he says it, doesn't mean people will do it. You think the airports are going to magically fill up just because Cheeto-face says back to business as usual? The cruise ships? Professional sports? Bars & restaurants?

I do. People are dumb. Maybe not fill up but enough people will.

We'll see.

Red state governors buck Trump and stick with social distancing
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Posts : 5517
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Heat Miser on 2020-03-25, 15:37

Nordic wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I’m not politicizing it.  The president is. I’m advocating exactly what your saying.  The president is clearly rapidly moving toward throwing his hands up and saying get back to work.  Some of you will die but I’m willing to make that sacrifice for the cheddah.
the only people who accuse folks of "politicizing" some is when they don't want anyone to be held accountable.

this isn't about politics. It's about leadership. And when the leadership is willfully ignorant, gloriously incompetent, proudly immoral and has no value for human life, this is what we get.

Nah man, I'm just not going to freak out about everything he says. He didn't say were are opening up tomorrow, or next week, or even give a time. If he did, I would calling him out like Roc and the States would tell him to EABODs. But he didn't and he is right, at some point we will have to open back up. And when we do, some people are still going to die from this.


Pretty sure he said Easter. That's 4/12. 2.5 weeks.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Posts : 5517
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Turtleneck on 2020-03-25, 15:41

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2020/03/what-really-doomed-americas-coronavirus-response/608596/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=share

I found this to be very insightful. Must read about how we got here, and no, it is not just a rundown of all of Trump’s mistakes. More commentary on our inability to understand complexity.
avatar
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 29977
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Currently on the couch

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-03-25, 15:43

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24858
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Welcome to the Revolution

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Nordic on 2020-03-25, 15:55

Heat Miser wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Nah man, I'm just not going to freak out about everything he says. He didn't say were are opening up tomorrow, or next week, or even give a time. If he did, I would calling him out like Roc and the States would tell him to EABODs. But he didn't and he is right, at some point we will have to open back up. And when we do, some people are still going to die from this.


Pretty sure he said Easter. That's 4/12. 2.5 weeks.


Seems like a logical date to take a litmus test
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11295
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-03-25, 16:02

Nordic wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
the only people who accuse folks of "politicizing" some is when they don't want anyone to be held accountable.

this isn't about politics. It's about leadership. And when the leadership is willfully ignorant, gloriously incompetent, proudly immoral and has no value for human life, this is what we get.

Nah man, I'm just not going to freak out about everything he says. He didn't say were are opening up tomorrow, or next week, or even give a time. If he did, I would calling him out like Roc and the States would tell him to EABODs. But he didn't and he is right, at some point we will have to open back up. And when we do, some people are still going to die from this.


Eat a big ol' dick? Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21430
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-03-25, 16:15

bag of dicks, pylon. bag of dicks.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 31349
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-03-25, 16:18

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:bag of dicks, pylon. bag of dicks.

Kids and their acronyms these days. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 1811933421
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21430
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Nordic on 2020-03-25, 16:18

Turtleneck wrote:https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2020/03/what-really-doomed-americas-coronavirus-response/608596/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=share

I found this to be very insightful. Must read about how we got here, and no, it is not just a rundown of all of Trump’s mistakes. More commentary on our inability to understand complexity.

Good read
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11295
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Heat Miser on 2020-03-25, 16:34

Nordic wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Nah man, I'm just not going to freak out about everything he says. He didn't say were are opening up tomorrow, or next week, or even give a time. If he did, I would calling him out like Roc and the States would tell him to EABODs. But he didn't and he is right, at some point we will have to open back up. And when we do, some people are still going to die from this.


Pretty sure he said Easter. That's 4/12. 2.5 weeks.


Seems like a logical date to take a litmus test

Pretty sure "litmus tests" are being taken daily everywhere. So far, the results aren't too good.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Posts : 5517
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Heat Miser on 2020-03-25, 16:35



Last edited by Heat Miser on 2020-03-25, 16:44; edited 1 time in total
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Posts : 5517
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Rocinante on 2020-03-25, 16:36

Nordic wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Pretty sure he said Easter. That's 4/12. 2.5 weeks.


Seems like a logical date to take a litmus test



I just don’t understand how anyone could not see his comments as profoundly dangerous. He didn’t say take a litmus test on Easter. He said he’d love to have the country open by Easter. He then went on to minimize the death toll by again comparing it to the seasonal flu. People are and will continue to openly defy distancing because of this. That’s not paranoia. It’s happening. This is literally a call to sacrifice people to get the economy open again. Any previous president would be crucified for this and justifiably.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17578
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by GRR Spartan on 2020-03-25, 16:38


Good visual that can explain why states are running out of medical supplies. The upward slope is staggering.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7481
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-03-25, 17:01


That doesn't look good
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 31349
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Turtleneck on 2020-03-25, 17:31

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

That doesn't look good

Please do not speculate.
avatar
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 29977
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Currently on the couch

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Nordic on 2020-03-25, 17:34

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:bag of dicks, pylon. bag of dicks.

Who is WoP's buddy and how can he let this happen?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11295
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2020-03-25, 17:37

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:bag of dicks, pylon. bag of dicks.

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 502811600 Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 502811600 Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 502811600
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6896
Join date : 2014-04-27

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Nordic on 2020-03-25, 17:43

Heat Miser wrote:
Nordic wrote:


Seems like a logical date to take a litmus test

Pretty sure "litmus tests" are being taken daily everywhere. So far, the results aren't too good.

And they won't be for at least another week. If we jd stay the fuck home.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11295
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Nordic on 2020-03-25, 17:44

Rocinante wrote:
Nordic wrote:


Seems like a logical date to take a litmus test



I just don’t understand how anyone could not see his comments as profoundly dangerous. He didn’t say take a litmus test on Easter. He said he’d love to have the country open by Easter. He then went on to minimize the death toll by again comparing it to the seasonal flu. People are and will continue to openly defy distancing because of this. That’s not paranoia. It’s happening. This is literally a call to sacrifice people to get the economy open again. Any previous president would be crucified for this and justifiably.

Trump says something stoopid

Back to you in the studio OTPT
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11295
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by InTenSity on 2020-03-25, 17:48

Nordic wrote:
Rocinante wrote:



I just don’t understand how anyone could not see his comments as profoundly dangerous. He didn’t say take a litmus test on Easter. He said he’d love to have the country open by Easter. He then went on to minimize the death toll by again comparing it to the seasonal flu. People are and will continue to openly defy distancing because of this. That’s not paranoia. It’s happening. This is literally a call to sacrifice people to get the economy open again. Any previous president would be crucified for this and justifiably.

Trump says something stoopid

Back to you in the studio OTPT
How many votes did he win by? 77k in 3 states. You'd think he wouldn't want to take chances killing off his voter base, but who knows. I'm assuming he's not a gambling man after bankrupting a casino.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13545
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 43
Location : Kendall

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2020-03-25, 18:23

Nordic wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2020/03/what-really-doomed-americas-coronavirus-response/608596/

I found this to be very insightful. Must read about how we got here, and no, it is not just a rundown of all of Trump’s mistakes. More commentary on our inability to understand complexity.

Good read

seconded

Thus from the end of January through most of February, a soothing message got widespread traction, not just with Donald Trump and his audience, but among traditional media in the United States, which exhorted us to worry about the flu instead, and warned us against overreaction. It seemed sensible, grown-up, and responsible. “Get a Grippe, America,” read the headline of one piece that made fun of those worried about this pandemic with a play on grippe (French for “flu,” how clever.) The title said that the flu was a much bigger threat “for now.” There was a New York Times op-ed with a nice alliteration, telling us to “Beware of the Pandemic Panic,” again comparing the coronavirus to the flu, and warning us that overreaction would be worse than the pandemic. (The author wrote a follow-up admitting he was wrong, but claiming that this was a “black swan” event, something unpredictable, rather than what it was: predictable and predicted, a gray rhino). Another New York Times op-ed, on February 5, provocatively titled “Who Says It’s Not Safe to Travel to China?” and written by a tourism-industry reporter, claimed travel bans were unjust and ineffective, and were racist especially because they weren’t issued for flu—and, astonishingly, went on to reassure readers that most coronavirus victims recovered.

Other media followed suit, in framing the initial response as an overreaction. BuzzFeed News ran a piece telling people to worry about the flu instead of the coronavirus. (It has since wisely changed its headline, though that doesn’t erase the damage.) Recode published an article titled “The Tech Industry Is Terrified of the Virus,” emphasizing that “public officials in the area say the virus is contained”—and even mentioning the eccentric doomsday scenarios of tech billionaires.
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6896
Join date : 2014-04-27

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-03-25, 18:23

Heat Miser wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Nah man, I'm just not going to freak out about everything he says. He didn't say were are opening up tomorrow, or next week, or even give a time. If he did, I would calling him out like Roc and the States would tell him to EABODs. But he didn't and he is right, at some point we will have to open back up. And when we do, some people are still going to die from this.


Pretty sure he said Easter. That's 4/12. 2.5 weeks.



He did not say we are opening up on (or by) Easter (or if he did in the Town Hall, he clarified it in the press conference). In the press conference, he said that he would like to. He said that it is a goal. He also said that he would be listening to what Fauci, Birx, etc. say, and hinted that the date is flexible (then deferred to Fauci who directly said that it is flexible). Look, he's a real estate developer. Real estate developers always set ambitious goals and they almost never get met. They don't move people in if it isn't safe/ready. In other words, dont read too much into his goal dates. He's also said that it may be some parts of the country that open up sooner than others, which was backed up by the experts (not that it WOULD, but that it COULD, and that some areas may be evaluated differently).

I don't want to defend him, but being aware of what was said helps to have a better discussion. I get it, he's the president, and people want to take what he says at face value as opposed to being a typical, overly-ambitious developer. But knowing his background, it just sounds like what I've heard hundreds of times over my career when clients have had building or grand opening dates that never hit the goal.

It is interesting that, for as often as many of you say that you don't trust a word he says (and I agree on that), some of you are sure quick to believe him on this date.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5695
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2020-03-25, 18:28

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Nah man, I'm just not going to freak out about everything he says. He didn't say were are opening up tomorrow, or next week, or even give a time. If he did, I would calling him out like Roc and the States would tell him to EABODs. But he didn't and he is right, at some point we will have to open back up. And when we do, some people are still going to die from this.

I have no idea what he said - I don't watch his garbage. I'm simply saying his grotesque lack of leadership and blinding incompetence has finally caught up to him and the morally vapid people who support him.

I think his problem is that he always thinks that he's the smartest guy in the room. He very seldom is.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2020-03-25, 18:29

Miami you can't talk about him unless you bring up the color of his skin and how he is LITERALLY MURDERING PEOPLE
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6896
Join date : 2014-04-27

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-03-25, 18:31

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Pretty sure he said Easter. That's 4/12. 2.5 weeks.



He did not say we are opening up on (or by) Easter (or if he did in the Town Hall, he clarified it in the press conference). In the press conference, he said that he would like to. He said that it is a goal. He also said that he would be listening to what Fauci, Birx, etc. say, and hinted that the date is flexible (then deferred to Fauci who directly said that it is flexible). Look, he's a real estate developer. Real estate developers always set ambitious goals and they almost never get met. They don't move people in if it isn't safe/ready. In other words, dont read too much into his goal dates. He's also said that it may be some parts of the country that open up sooner than others, which was backed up by the experts (not that it WOULD, but that it COULD, and that some areas may be evaluated differently).

I don't want to defend him, but being aware of what was said helps to have a better discussion. I get it, he's the president, and people want to take what he says at face value as opposed to being a typical, overly-ambitious developer. But knowing his background, it just sounds like what I've heard hundreds of times over my career when clients have had building or grand opening dates that never hit the goal.

It is interesting that, for as often as many of you say that you don't trust a word he says (and I agree on that), some of you are sure quick to believe him on this date.

Inability to think critically. Trump=evil.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 31349
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Rocinante on 2020-03-25, 18:31

Pretty sure I quoted him. The whole transcript is here

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-coronavirus-town-hall-transcript-march-24-trump-wants-to-restart-the-economy-by-easter

Again the point is not that I believe him. The point is that his words have an effect and people, encouraged by his cavalier attitude are not following the steps needed to stop the virus.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17578
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Heat Miser on 2020-03-25, 18:37

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Nah man, I'm just not going to freak out about everything he says. He didn't say were are opening up tomorrow, or next week, or even give a time. If he did, I would calling him out like Roc and the States would tell him to EABODs. But he didn't and he is right, at some point we will have to open back up. And when we do, some people are still going to die from this.


Pretty sure he said Easter. That's 4/12. 2.5 weeks.



He did not say we are opening up on (or by) Easter (or if he did in the Town Hall, he clarified it in the press conference). In the press conference, he said that he would like to. He said that it is a goal. He also said that he would be listening to what Fauci, Birx, etc. say, and hinted that the date is flexible (then deferred to Fauci who directly said that it is flexible). Look, he's a real estate developer. Real estate developers always set ambitious goals and they almost never get met. They don't move people in if it isn't safe/ready. In other words, dont read too much into his goal dates. He's also said that it may be some parts of the country that open up sooner than others, which was backed up by the experts (not that it WOULD, but that it COULD, and that some areas may be evaluated differently).

I don't want to defend him, but being aware of what was said helps to have a better discussion. I get it, he's the president, and people want to take what he says at face value as opposed to being a typical, overly-ambitious developer. But knowing his background, it just sounds like what I've heard hundreds of times over my career when clients have had building or grand opening dates that never hit the goal.

It is interesting that, for as often as many of you say that you don't trust a word he says (and I agree on that), some of you are sure quick to believe him on this date.

He's the president. He's not a real estate developer anymore. There's no free pass because of your previous occupation. Everything he says carries weight, especially with tWingnuts. He mentions Easter & the right wing propaganda machine immediately goes to work promoting it. It's dangerous & irresponsible.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Posts : 5517
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by msugolfguy on 2020-03-25, 19:33

Heat Miser wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:



He did not say we are opening up on (or by) Easter (or if he did in the Town Hall, he clarified it in the press conference). In the press conference, he said that he would like to. He said that it is a goal. He also said that he would be listening to what Fauci, Birx, etc. say, and hinted that the date is flexible (then deferred to Fauci who directly said that it is flexible). Look, he's a real estate developer. Real estate developers always set ambitious goals and they almost never get met. They don't move people in if it isn't safe/ready. In other words, dont read too much into his goal dates. He's also said that it may be some parts of the country that open up sooner than others, which was backed up by the experts (not that it WOULD, but that it COULD, and that some areas may be evaluated differently).

I don't want to defend him, but being aware of what was said helps to have a better discussion. I get it, he's the president, and people want to take what he says at face value as opposed to being a typical, overly-ambitious developer. But knowing his background, it just sounds like what I've heard hundreds of times over my career when clients have had building or grand opening dates that never hit the goal.

It is interesting that, for as often as many of you say that you don't trust a word he says (and I agree on that), some of you are sure quick to believe him on this date.

He's the president. He's not a real estate developer anymore. There's no free pass because of your previous occupation. Everything he says carries weight, especially with tWingnuts. He mentions Easter & the right wing propaganda machine immediately goes to work promoting it. It's dangerous & irresponsible.

Sorry that's on the media. Trump allowed for wiggle room.

Look 2 things are going to happen a couple weeks from now. Everything is looking ok and we have a handle on things. Or it's a hellstorm and the President has no choice to sit and wait.

Then you're probably looking at one more stimulus package. Bill Gates said it best. People won't be going to out to eat or buying homes when you can't ignore the bodies pilling up next door. At least sane people.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Posts : 528
Join date : 2014-08-25

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-03-25, 19:44

Rocinante wrote:Pretty sure I quoted him. The whole transcript is here

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-coronavirus-town-hall-transcript-march-24-trump-wants-to-restart-the-economy-by-easter

Again the point is not that I believe him. The point is that his words have an effect and people, encouraged by his cavalier attitude are not following the steps needed to stop the virus.

Yes, and he specifically said earlier in that interview that we will give it more time if we need to. Thats the kind of thing I'm talking about, people jump on a soundbite ignoring the context given.

His words are also, literally, over and over again saying to stay in, maintain social distance, etc. If he's being overly optimistic for the situation 2 weeks from now, fair enough, but in terms of the immediate day to day situation, I dont see how he has been cavalier about the steps people can take to avoid this and limit the impact (the debate over state vs federal help, etc) is a different matter.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5695
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-03-25, 19:48

Heat Miser wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:



He did not say we are opening up on (or by) Easter (or if he did in the Town Hall, he clarified it in the press conference). In the press conference, he said that he would like to. He said that it is a goal. He also said that he would be listening to what Fauci, Birx, etc. say, and hinted that the date is flexible (then deferred to Fauci who directly said that it is flexible). Look, he's a real estate developer. Real estate developers always set ambitious goals and they almost never get met. They don't move people in if it isn't safe/ready. In other words, dont read too much into his goal dates. He's also said that it may be some parts of the country that open up sooner than others, which was backed up by the experts (not that it WOULD, but that it COULD, and that some areas may be evaluated differently).

I don't want to defend him, but being aware of what was said helps to have a better discussion. I get it, he's the president, and people want to take what he says at face value as opposed to being a typical, overly-ambitious developer. But knowing his background, it just sounds like what I've heard hundreds of times over my career when clients have had building or grand opening dates that never hit the goal.

It is interesting that, for as often as many of you say that you don't trust a word he says (and I agree on that), some of you are sure quick to believe him on this date.

He's the president. He's not a real estate developer anymore. There's no free pass because of your previous occupation. Everything he says carries weight, especially with tWingnuts. He mentions Easter & the right wing propaganda machine immediately goes to work promoting it. It's dangerous & irresponsible.

I'm just saying to at least be accurate on what he says and in the proper context, and then disagree on that. Otherwise, it is just a rant for the sake of ranting.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5695
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Rocinante on 2020-03-25, 20:29

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Pretty sure I quoted him. The whole transcript is here

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-coronavirus-town-hall-transcript-march-24-trump-wants-to-restart-the-economy-by-easter

Again the point is not that I believe him. The point is that his words have an effect and people, encouraged by his cavalier attitude are not following the steps needed to stop the virus.

Yes, and he specifically said earlier in that interview that we will give it more time if we need to. Thats the kind of thing I'm talking about, people jump on a soundbite ignoring the context given.

His words are also, literally, over and over again saying to stay in, maintain social distance, etc. If he's being overly optimistic for the situation 2 weeks from now, fair enough, but in terms of the immediate day to day situation, I dont see how he has been cavalier about the steps people can take to avoid this and limit the impact (the debate over state vs federal help, etc) is a different matter.



I hope you’re right.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17578
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Nordic on 2020-03-25, 20:34

We have officially entered the Nigel-zone
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11295
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Rocinante on 2020-03-25, 21:38

Nordic wrote:We have officially entered the Nigel-zone

Or maybe the denial-gel zone.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17578
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Rocinante on 2020-03-25, 23:07

Do we have a handle on the real morbidity rate yet?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17578
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Nordic on 2020-03-25, 23:20

I'm just going to drop this here.

A Day in the Life of an ER Doc - A Brief Dispatch from the #COVID19 Frontline:

https://threader.app/thread/1242302400762908685
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11295
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Turtleneck on 2020-03-25, 23:49

In several hours on Tuesday, Dr. Ashley Bray performed chest compressions at Elmhurst Hospital Center on a woman in her 80s, a man in his 60s and a 38-year-old who reminded the doctor of her fiancé. All had tested positive for the coronavirus and had gone into cardiac arrest. All eventually died.

Elmhurst, a 545-bed public hospital in Queens, has begun transferring patients not suffering from coronavirus to other hospitals as it moves toward becoming dedicated entirely to the outbreak. Doctors and nurses have struggled to make do with a few dozen ventilators. Calls over a loudspeaker of “Team 700,” the code for when a patient is on the verge of death, come several times a shift. Some have died inside the emergency room while waiting for a bed.

A refrigerated truck has been stationed outside to hold the bodies of the dead. Over the past 24 hours, New York City’s public hospital system said in a statement, 13 people at Elmhurst had died.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/25/nyregion/nyc-coronavirus-hospitals.html
avatar
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 29977
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Currently on the couch

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by DWags on 2020-03-26, 00:47

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 36480
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 58
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-03-26, 06:03

US passes 1,000 hoax-related deaths.

And we're nowhere near peak. Not even approaching it. Especially with the mind-numbing absence of federal leadership.

Nurses in the United States wearing trash bags to protect themselves.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 37912
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-03-26, 06:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:US passes 1,000 hoax-related deaths.

And we're nowhere near peak. Not even approaching it. Especially with the mind-numbing absence of federal leadership.

Nurses in the United States wearing trash bags to protect themselves.

At least every corporation manufacturing trash bags and Koch brothers toilet paper ( Soft ‘n Gentle, Quilted Northern, Angel Soft, Brawny) got their tax rate reduced from 35 to 20%
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14465
Join date : 2014-05-15
Age : 56

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-03-26, 07:07

“The Great” Ron Desantos hasn’t shut down Florida. I mean it’s obvious why, right?

Actually why aren’t people flooding into warm weather Florida to cure themselves of the virus?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14465
Join date : 2014-05-15
Age : 56

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum