Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus?? We gone?

+30
Robert J Sakimano
Tim Wakefield
Jake from State Farm
Turtleneck
AvgMSUJoe
Wally Fairway
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
tGreenWay
Dendrobates
Cameron
duffy munn
Heat Miser
MSU addict
InTenSity
DWags
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
pulling69
Nordic
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
aualum06
WhiteBoyHatcher
The Pantry
34 posters

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:58 am

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Hey, Bob.

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1242627013963321344?s=21

Bob, can you please comment on Steve's link when you logon in the morning? Thanks.
looks like whatever it was has been deleted.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:59 am

don't worry, guys - the hoax will go away in April when it warms up.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:12 am

Read where fading former Fox media heavyweight Glenn Beck is on the senior citizen sacrifice for the economy train.

Funny, I haven’t seen or heard about President Trump wanting a ticket for The Dirt Nap Express to save the economy.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:15 am

GRR Spartan wrote:Read where fading former Fox media heavyweight Glenn Beck is on the senior citizen sacrifice for the economy train.

Funny, I haven’t seen or heard about President Trump wanting a ticket for The Dirt Nap Express to save the economy.

lol Dirt Nap Express.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:20 am

You guys were right. At 730, I checked the Kroger app, and in 3 days time, I could find a couple time slots open for curbside pickup. First opening was Sat at 4pm
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:12 am

Dendrobates wrote:You guys were right. At 730, I checked the Kroger app, and in 3 days time, I could find a couple time slots open for curbside pickup. First opening was Sat at 4pm

Please update us on the pasta and peanut butter situation. Thank you.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:12 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:don't worry, guys - the hoax will go away in April when it warms up.

By Easter for sure. We should go to mass together, Bob.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:14 am

Don't judge me, but I went to Costco yesterday at 4:30PM. Best Costco experience ever because that place was like a mausoleum. They had more toilet paper than Fort Knox has gold bars.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:17 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Bob, can you please comment on Steve's link when you logon in the morning? Thanks.
looks like whatever it was has been deleted.

Some young people in Kentucky had a "Coronavirus Party." One of them tested positive afterward.

Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear announced Tuesday 39 new coronavirus cases in the state, including one young adult who attended a "coronavirus party," apparently held to flout social distancing guidelines.

"This is one that makes me mad, and it should make you mad," Beshear said of the case that occurred after the person attended a party of people in their 20s, who health officials say are as a group less vulnerable to the COVID-19 disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/25/821247412/kentucky-has-39-new-infections-including-1-person-who-attended-a-coronavirus-par
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:20 am

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: looks like whatever it was has been deleted.

Some young people in Kentucky had a "Coronavirus Party." One of them tested positive afterward.

Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear announced Tuesday 39 new coronavirus cases in the state, including one young adult who attended a "coronavirus party," apparently held to flout social distancing guidelines.

"This is one that makes me mad, and it should make you mad," Beshear said of the case that occurred after the person attended a party of people in their 20s, who health officials say are as a group less vulnerable to the COVID-19 disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/25/821247412/kentucky-has-39-new-infections-including-1-person-who-attended-a-coronavirus-par
America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:26 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

America is a stupid country.

Thank you, Bob.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:30 am

Turtleneck wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:You guys were right. At 730, I checked the Kroger app, and in 3 days time, I could find a couple time slots open for curbside pickup. First opening was Sat at 4pm

I order the cheaper off brands, because I don’t notice a difference. Kroger peanut butter all the way!
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:38 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:Don't judge me, but I went to Costco yesterday at 4:30PM. Best Costco experience ever because that place was like a mausoleum. They had more toilet paper than Fort Knox has gold bars.

Do you live in bizarro America, because all I've seen is huge crowds and little to no TP.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:59 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Don't judge me, but I went to Costco yesterday at 4:30PM. Best Costco experience ever because that place was like a mausoleum. They had more toilet paper than Fort Knox has gold bars.

Do you live in bizarro America, because all I've seen is huge crowds and little to no TP.

I don't think people around here understand that you can go out and shop for food. I seriously saw a thread on nextdoor.com yesterday where people were complaining about the traffic driving by their front windows, asking the police to bust them for being out. There couldn't have been more than 40 customers in my Costco.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:00 am

Not surprised on Michigan and Wisconsin.

But I suspect a lot of people are lying about the masturbation.

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 22 6807810
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:03 am

This is interesting and also creepy

https://www.unacast.com/covid19/social-distancing-scoreboard

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:23 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:This is interesting and also creepy

https://www.unacast.com/covid19/social-distancing-scoreboard

The Social Distancing Scoreboard and other tools being developed for the Covid-19 Toolkit do not identify any individual person, device, or household. However to calculate the actual underlying social indexing score we combine tens of millions of anonymous mobile phones and their interactions with each other each day - and then extrapolate the results to the population level. As a company that originated in Norway we put privacy front and center and believe it to be an individual right, and since we operate on both sides of the Atlantic, we have been operating within the GDPR guidelines since May 2018 and this year also adopted the CCPA guidelines for the whole of the US (not only California).

Yes, definitely creepy. Also, could you put some pants on Travis? According to the data we have collected on you, there is a strong probability you are posting in your underwear.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:26 am

Dendrobates wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I order the cheaper off brands, because I don’t notice a difference. Kroger peanut butter all the way!

Remember last week when I said you were good people? I take it back.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:29 am

I don't eat pasta. I find it boring. I also buy peanut butter that is just peanuts with no salt or sugar because I am as boring as pasta.

If I was to eat pasta, what do you recommend? I would prefer pasta shaped like dinosaurs.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:32 am

you’ll eat whatever noodle you can get your hands on turtleneck and not be a spoiled monster like wbh who will only eat a certain type of noodle and if he can’t get them he goes on an absolute tantrum and starts suing grocery stores and trying to get managers fired
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:38 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:you’ll eat whatever noodle you can get your hands on turtleneck and not be a spoiled monster like wbh who will only eat a certain type of noodle and if he can’t get them he goes on an absolute tantrum and starts suing grocery stores and trying to get managers fired

WBH has cracked.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:24 pm

Some good news. The social distancing/stay at home orders appear to be working.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/03/24/coronavirus-social-distancing-fever-charting-kinsa/2897136001/

Early evidence suggests closing bars, restaurants and other businesses to keep people apart in places including New York City, has slowed the incidence of fevers that are an early indicator of coronavirus, according to a new analysis of fevers and symptoms across the U.S....

Flu-related illness in California's Santa Clara County, for example, have dropped by more than 60% since a March 17 shelter-in-place order...

Though Florida looks like it could be in for a spike. Stay safe Florida Swillers.

At the same time, Miami-Dade County's level of flulike illness has been going up. State and local governments in Northern California took earlier and more aggressive action than in South Florida.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241372271.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-florida-spring-break-miami-beaches-fever-covid-19-cases-lock-down-a9414291.html

A company that makes Internet-connected thermometers has found “widespread atypical illness” throughout Florida that can’t be explained by the late flu season and, public health experts warn, it may be a sign that coronavirus infections may be more widespread in the state than previously reported...

Nita Nehru, spokeswoman for Kinsa Health, said the thermometer data shows “that Florida is actually two times as severe in illness right now for what we would expect in a normal flu season based on the illness signature of a geography...

On Friday, the map showed atypical sickness levels in counties like Miami-Dade, where party-goers recently enjoyed spring break festivities before state officials clamped down on the crowded events...

An influx of reports indicating high levels of influenza-like symptoms in the region was seen as critics of local leadership warned that a “major catastrophe is unfolding Florida” while calling on the governor to announce a statewide lock-down...
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:28 pm

Fever map from the above. Florida not looking good. Neither is west side of Michigan.

Edit: This graph is from 3/20, but Topher Spiro has a ton of good graphs his twitter. Overall the data looks encouraging.

[tw]1240967033661149184[/tw]
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:42 pm

So You've Run Out of Toilet Paper. What Else Will Flush?

You should also consider buying a bidet, which is both environmentally and economically friendly. A bidet uses one eighth of a gallon of water each flush, according to Business Insider. (It takes about 37 gallons to produce a single roll of toilet paper.) Attaching a bidet to your toilet can cut the amount you spend on toilet paper by as much as 75 percent.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:26 pm

Updated map. Click on 'atypical'

https://healthweather.us/

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 22 Downlo11
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:33 pm

Nordic wrote:Updated map. Click on 'atypical'

https://healthweather.us/

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 22 Downlo11

Too bad Florida isn’t a warm weather state.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:34 pm

President and his health advisors going to come to an impass on when to “open” the economy. The president made it clear on his “town hall” last night that he’s open to sacrificing Americans to get the economy going again. We’ll see, but he usually gets what he wants.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:42 pm

If you think I’m exaggerating:

“Look, you’re going to lose a number of people to the flu, but you’re going to lose more people by putting a country into a massive recession or depression, you’re going to lose people. You’re going to have suicides by the thousands, you’re going to have all sorts of things happen.”

“I mean, think of it, we average 36,000 people death, death. I’m not talking about cases. I’m talking about death. 36,000 deaths a year. People die, 36, from the flu, but we’ve never closed down the country for the flu. So you say to yourself, what is this all about.“

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:07 pm

Politicize this if you want. But at some point we have to and will open back up. Is right now the time? No. In a week? Most likely not. Two weeks? Maybe, let data drive the decisions not politics and emotion.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:21 pm

Nordic wrote:Politicize this if you want. But at some point we have to and will open back up. Is right now the time? No. In a week? Most likely not. Two weeks? Maybe, let data drive the decisions not politics and emotion.

My uneducated opinion based on nothing I’ll say June. We do it too early, it lingers and overwhelm the hospitals - fucks us even more long term.

But this America. We will put $ over everything. So sooner than June. $ is truly the root of all evil.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:29 pm

Nordic wrote:Politicize this if you want.

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 22 Giphy
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:30 pm

Nordic wrote:Politicize this if you want. But at some point we have to and will open back up. Is right now the time? No. In a week? Most likely not. Two weeks? Maybe, let data drive the decisions not politics and emotion.

I’m not politicizing it. The president is. I’m advocating exactly what your saying. The president is clearly rapidly moving toward throwing his hands up and saying get back to work. Some of you will die but I’m willing to make that sacrifice for the cheddah.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:33 pm

Pulled this from a cnn article. As Steve says listen to the experts.

A leading epidemiologist advising the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has estimated the peak of deaths in the US coronavirus pandemic will be three weeks from now, after which "most of the damage will be done," and says it may be possible to only isolate the vulnerable, allowing many back to work.

Longini's suggestion that US deaths could peak in less than a month will have two possible impacts. First, a sudden surge in deaths risks overwhelming health care systems that are currently struggling to prepare for cases needing intensive care. Secondly and conversely, it could support calls -- echoed by President Trump -- to reduce restrictions on movement in the coming weeks.

Longini said: "I would guess the US will hit a peak in deaths in the next two-three weeks, as the doubling time seems to be about two-three days." He added: "Maybe a partial lifting of the shelter-in-place for those less vulnerable may make some sense, in about three weeks. By then, much of the damage will have been done."

Asked if there could be a risk of a relapse when the virus circulated again in the following weeks, he said: "If it were limited, and we continued to protect the most vulnerable, that may be acceptable for now. Also, let's see what happens in the next two-three weeks. We can also keep an eye on China as they begin to relax restrictions there."
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:41 pm

Rocinante wrote:

I’m not politicizing it. The president is. I’m advocating exactly what your saying. The president is clearly rapidly moving toward throwing his hands up and saying get back to work. Some of you will die but I’m willing to make that sacrifice for the cheddah.

Just because he says it, doesn't mean people will do it. You think the airports are going to magically fill up just because Cheeto-face says back to business as usual? The cruise ships? Professional sports? Bars & restaurants?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:44 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Just because he says it, doesn't mean people will do it. You think the airports are going to magically fill up just because Cheeto-face says back to business as usual? The cruise ships? Professional sports? Bars & restaurants?

I do. People are dumb. Maybe not fill up but enough people will.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:52 pm

Rocinante wrote:

I’m not politicizing it.  The president is. I’m advocating exactly what your saying.  The president is clearly rapidly moving toward throwing his hands up and saying get back to work.  Some of you will die but I’m willing to make that sacrifice for the cheddah.
the only people who accuse folks of "politicizing" some is when they don't want anyone to be held accountable.

this isn't about politics. It's about leadership. And when the leadership is willfully ignorant, gloriously incompetent, proudly immoral and has no value for human life, this is what we get.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:05 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Pulled this from a cnn article. As Steve says listen to the experts.

A leading epidemiologist advising the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has estimated the peak of deaths in the US coronavirus pandemic will be three weeks from now, after which "most of the damage will be done," and says it may be possible to only isolate the vulnerable, allowing many back to work.

Longini's suggestion that US deaths could peak in less than a month will have two possible impacts. First, a sudden surge in deaths risks overwhelming health care systems that are currently struggling to prepare for cases needing intensive care. Secondly and conversely, it could support calls -- echoed by President Trump -- to reduce restrictions on movement in the coming weeks.

Longini said: "I would guess the US will hit a peak in deaths in the next two-three weeks, as the doubling time seems to be about two-three days." He added: "Maybe a partial lifting of the shelter-in-place for those less vulnerable may make some sense, in about three weeks. By then, much of the damage will have been done."

Asked if there could be a risk of a relapse when the virus circulated again in the following weeks, he said: "If it were limited, and we continued to protect the most vulnerable, that may be acceptable for now. Also, let's see what happens in the next two-three weeks. We can also keep an eye on China as they begin to relax restrictions there."

I do not trust this government to properly evaluate what parts of the country are out of danger and to critically analyze and roll out a restart of normal life. Their declarations, if/when they come, will lead to more severe outbreaks.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:13 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Pulled this from a cnn article. As Steve says listen to the experts.

Agree with all of this. The key #s to look at are number of new cases per day & total testing per day. In 2-3 weeks we need to look at this data and see if we flattened the curve. If so, we'll start to open up. At some point we have to. And flattening the curve doesn't mean we won't see more infections and deaths.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:31 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I’m not politicizing it.  The president is. I’m advocating exactly what your saying.  The president is clearly rapidly moving toward throwing his hands up and saying get back to work.  Some of you will die but I’m willing to make that sacrifice for the cheddah.
the only people who accuse folks of "politicizing" some is when they don't want anyone to be held accountable.

this isn't about politics. It's about leadership. And when the leadership is willfully ignorant, gloriously incompetent, proudly immoral and has no value for human life, this is what we get.

Nah man, I'm just not going to freak out about everything he says. He didn't say were are opening up tomorrow, or next week, or even give a time. If he did, I would calling him out like Roc and the States would tell him to EABODs. But he didn't and he is right, at some point we will have to open back up. And when we do, some people are still going to die from this.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:34 pm

Nordic wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Nah man, I'm just not going to freak out about everything he says. He didn't say were are opening up tomorrow, or next week, or even give a time. If he did, I would calling him out like Roc and the States would tell him to EABODs. But he didn't and he is right, at some point we will have to open back up. And when we do, some people are still going to die from this.

I have no idea what he said - I don't watch his garbage. I'm simply saying his grotesque lack of leadership and blinding incompetence has finally caught up to him and the morally vapid people who support him.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next