Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posting without comment, but something I believe we all need to see (before tossing it into tBin)

+4
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
CORNER BLITZ
Turtleneck
8 posters

Go down

Posting without comment, but something I believe we all need to see (before tossing it into tBin) Empty Posting without comment, but something I believe we all need to see (before tossing it into tBin)

Post by Turtleneck 2020-03-22, 10:00

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/21/doj-coronavirus-emergency-powers-140023

DOJ seeks new emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic: One of the requests to Congress would allow the department to petition a judge to indefinitely detain someone during an emergency.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Posting without comment, but something I believe we all need to see (before tossing it into tBin) Empty Re: Posting without comment, but something I believe we all need to see (before tossing it into tBin)

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-03-22, 11:29

Imagine if this was a really deadly outbreak like ebola or something... We've been lucky and we (as in all people not just the US) are dumb
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Posting without comment, but something I believe we all need to see (before tossing it into tBin) Empty Re: Posting without comment, but something I believe we all need to see (before tossing it into tBin)

Post by Rocinante 2020-03-22, 13:51

We already do that. It’s called Guantanamo Bay.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-03-22, 14:52

Rocinante wrote:We already do that. It’s called Guantanamo Bay.

True, but I was unaware that Guantanamo was filled with American citizens. Downplay at your own risk.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-22, 15:19

Turtleneck wrote:https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/21/doj-coronavirus-emergency-powers-140023

DOJ seeks new emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic: One of the requests to Congress would allow the department to petition a judge to indefinitely detain someone during an emergency.
as a christian country, we should really already be doing that to brown people, regardless of coronavirus status.. ya know.. just in case.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-03-22, 15:25

Turtleneck wrote:https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/21/doj-coronavirus-emergency-powers-140023

Fucking Barr, who the dumb ass right wingers loved for illegally trouncing and spitting on the Mueller report will now see this fucking nazi move to be able to trace your every step through cell phone tracking. It’s one step closer to their dream of authoritarian society. We deserve everything we’re gonna get.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-22, 16:46

Lawyers are going to busy
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-03-22, 18:10

DWags wrote:

Fucking Barr, who the dumb ass right wingers loved for illegally trouncing and spitting on the Mueller report will now see this fucking nazi move to be able to trace your every step through cell phone tracking. It’s one step closer to their dream of authoritarian society. We deserve everything we’re gonna get.

I'm pretty sure the tracking started right around 2001 during the Bush administration.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-03-22, 18:35

Jake from State Farm wrote:
DWags wrote:

I'm pretty sure the tracking started right around 2001 during the Bush administration.

Not like you’re going to see.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-03-22, 21:06

Rejected

DOJ asks Congress for broad new powers amid Covid-19. Schumer says, “Hell no.”
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down