Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black guy with glasses. I need to say his name, Mike Garland, we all knew it, but damn, this guy has a story to tell.

3 posters

Go down

Black guy with glasses.  I need to say his name, Mike Garland, we all knew it, but damn, this guy has a story to tell.  Empty Black guy with glasses. I need to say his name, Mike Garland, we all knew it, but damn, this guy has a story to tell.

Post by DWags 2020-03-22, 12:14

God bless Mike Garland, what he's going through, what he went through. I know we'll still call him "black guy with glasses" but I never realized the tremendous stress he was under.

Garland fumbled around his house in East Lansing, tossing a few clothes into a suitcase, ran to his car, and took off for Cleveland. It was dark. Snow and sleet pelted the windshield. He didn’t care. He plunged his foot on the pedal and pushed toward 80 mph. Sobbing. Fearing his son might not make it through surgery. Fearing he wouldn’t get there in time. Berating himself for not driving down when the team plane landed.

“That was the lowest feeling I’ve had as father in my life,” Garland said. “My son needed my support. But because I didn’t listen to myself, to what my spirit was telling me to do, I let him down.”

The untold story of our "Black guy with glasses"
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Black guy with glasses.  I need to say his name, Mike Garland, we all knew it, but damn, this guy has a story to tell.  Empty Re: Black guy with glasses. I need to say his name, Mike Garland, we all knew it, but damn, this guy has a story to tell.

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-03-22, 12:50

Hell of a story - never know what others are going through
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Black guy with glasses.  I need to say his name, Mike Garland, we all knew it, but damn, this guy has a story to tell.  Empty Re: Black guy with glasses. I need to say his name, Mike Garland, we all knew it, but damn, this guy has a story to tell.

Post by Rocinante 2020-03-22, 13:46

Are other teams as much of a family as MSU? I don’t read other team deep dives.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-03-22, 16:19

Rocinante wrote:Are other teams as much of a family as MSU? I don’t read other team deep dives.

I imagine. When you recruit a kid for years you become pretty involved.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down