Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired.

+11
Heat Miser
tGreenWay
AvgMSUJoe
steveschneider
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
DWags
15 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 2 Empty Re: Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired.

Post by kingstonlake 6/22/2020, 1:30 pm

steveschneider wrote:Statements from Bubba’s fellow drivers are impressive. And these people speaking it are getting the message out to the right demographic. Shit I might have to become a Bubba Wallace fan.

I’m actually impressed by the steps NASCAR is taking. By banning the confederate flag they literally bit the hand that feeds them in some respects.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 2 Empty Re: Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 6/22/2020, 1:37 pm

kingstonlake wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-53132933

FBI now...... wait for it......investigating.

whatever comes from this will be dismissed by a segment of the population.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 6/22/2020, 1:52 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Statements from Bubba’s fellow drivers are impressive. And these people speaking it are getting the message out to the right demographic. Shit I might have to become a Bubba Wallace fan.

I’m actually impressed by the steps NASCAR is taking. By banning the confederate flag they literally bit the hand that feeds them in some respects.

Yeah, without knowing much about the sport my take is the leadership is pretty good and they are coordinated on making these changes. Might help the sport grow? I can't say I'll watch but I'll be keeping a blind eye now on Bubba Wallace and his results. Can't tell you the last time if ever I gave a shit about a driver in that sport.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 6/22/2020, 1:58 pm

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Yeah, without knowing much about the sport my take is the leadership is pretty good and they are coordinated on making these changes. Might help the sport grow? I can't say I'll watch but I'll be keeping a blind eye now on Bubba Wallace and his results. Can't tell you the last time if ever I gave a shit about a driver in that sport.

I haven't followed NASCAR much since Dale Earnhardt Sr. died, but from what I know of Bubba Wallace he's a middle of the pack talent in NASCAR. Not great, not Danica Patrick.

Edit: After checking season point totals between the two they're pretty similar. Whoops.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 6/22/2020, 2:06 pm

has our christian leader in the White House attacked NASCAR yet for acknowledging that Black Lives Matter?

I know he was their hero for a long time. And I suspect the NASCAR fans still love them in all of their patriotic glory - sounds like the front office NASCAR types have decided to more or less cut ties with the racist faction and appeal more toward decent folks.

(not that there aren't a few decent folks who watch/like NASCAR.. I suspect it's a rather limited demographic, though).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 6/22/2020, 2:29 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Was there any doubt Arnold was gonna double down?

None at all.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 6/22/2020, 2:50 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:has our christian leader in the White House attacked NASCAR yet for acknowledging that Black Lives Matter?

I know he was their hero for a long time. And I suspect the NASCAR fans still love them in all of their patriotic glory - sounds like the front office NASCAR types have decided to more or less cut ties with the racist faction and appeal more toward decent folks.

(not that there aren't a few decent folks who watch/like NASCAR.. I suspect it's a rather limited demographic, though).

They banned Confederate Flags from races where no fans were even allowed.

Let's let this play out.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 6/22/2020, 2:57 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Was there any doubt Arnold was gonna double down?

None at all.

Do you think he’s smart enough to realize I responded to him calling me Goose by calling him (not Wallace) Smollet? Let’s see if he triples down.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 6/22/2020, 2:57 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:has our christian leader in the White House attacked NASCAR yet for acknowledging that Black Lives Matter?

Let's let this play out.

Actually, they are allowing limited fan attendance.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 6/22/2020, 3:04 pm

Abiding by the Confederate Flag Ban Inside Talladega, Grudgingly

Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 2 Merlin_173783553_a78adc5f-5d0d-44d8-828c-7a359b529940-superJumbo

Inside the track, racing fans went by NASCAR’s rules. Elsewhere, though, they waved the battle flag.

The owner of the Mr. Hot Dog stand next door to the track said the ban was bad for business. “They’re running off all the
rednecks,” said Becky McDonald, 70, who added that she has been selling snacks there for more than 30 years. “It ain’t like it used to be — all the wild children grew up,” she said. “They made the statement, ‘We don’t need the rednecks anymore.’ Well, do you remember who got you here?”

That’s a common view here: Many fans suspect NASCAR has grown too corporate, too glossy, too far from its outlaw, moonshine-running origins. It has forgotten, they say, its rebel roots.

Outside Talladega, at the Dixie General Store, its owner, Robert Castello, 68, sat on a porch that was surrounded by every imaginable permutation of the Confederate flag this weekend. Business is good, he said, since NASCAR announced the ban. “People are pushing back,” he said.

But in the long term, the sport will lose fans, he said. “NASCAR’s decline started long before this,” he said. “It started when they tried to expand up north and turn it into an international sport. It’s not. It’s Southern.”
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 6/22/2020, 3:08 pm

NigelUno wrote:

Let's let this play out.

Please fix your glitch.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 6/22/2020, 3:08 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

None at all.

Do you think he’s smart enough to realize I responded to him calling me Goose by calling him (not Wallace) Smollet? Let’s see if he triples down.

Smart enough? Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 2 1494614055
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 6/22/2020, 3:15 pm

Heat Miser wrote:Abiding by the Confederate Flag Ban Inside Talladega, Grudgingly

Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 2 Merlin_173783553_a78adc5f-5d0d-44d8-828c-7a359b529940-superJumbo

Inside the track, racing fans went by NASCAR’s rules. Elsewhere, though, they waved the battle flag.

The owner of the Mr. Hot Dog stand next door to the track said the ban was bad for business. “They’re running off all the
rednecks,” said Becky McDonald, 70, who added that she has been selling snacks there for more than 30 years. “It ain’t like it used to be — all the wild children grew up,” she said. “They made the statement, ‘We don’t need the rednecks anymore.’ Well, do you remember who got you here?”

That’s a common view here: Many fans suspect NASCAR has grown too corporate, too glossy, too far from its outlaw, moonshine-running origins. It has forgotten, they say, its rebel roots.

Outside Talladega, at the Dixie General Store, its owner, Robert Castello, 68, sat on a porch that was surrounded by every imaginable permutation of the Confederate flag this weekend. Business is good, he said, since NASCAR announced the ban. “People are pushing back,” he said.

But in the long term, the sport will lose fans, he said. “NASCAR’s decline started long before this,” he said. “It started when they tried to expand up north and turn it into an international sport. It’s not. It’s Southern.”

There’s a lot of runner up finishes in that photo.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 6/22/2020, 3:16 pm

Heat Miser wrote:Abiding by the Confederate Flag Ban Inside Talladega, Grudgingly

America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 6/22/2020, 3:27 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Let's let this play out.

Actually, they are allowing limited fan attendance.

Gotcha.

It's probably easier to police the policy in the stands as opposed to the infield where people fly them on their RVs.

And they banned the flag 5 years ago, but never enforced the ban.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 6/22/2020, 3:41 pm

I don't know how to post videos but just saw a clip of Wallace driving on the track with all of the other drivers and crews walking behind him.. seemed kinda cool on the surface. It was important show of support and solidarity.

I look forward to more meaningful work from NASCAR and all other organizations that are saying the right things publicly.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 6/22/2020, 3:48 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't know how to post videos but just saw a clip of Wallace driving on the track with all of the other drivers and crews walking behind him.. seemed kinda cool on the surface. It was important show of support and solidarity.

I look forward to more meaningful work from NASCAR and all other organizations that are saying the right things publicly.

If there’s ever a progressive organization that speaks to all walks of life, it’s NASCAR.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 6/22/2020, 3:55 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

None at all.

Good thing you're not implying anything...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 6/22/2020, 3:59 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't know how to post videos but just saw a clip of Wallace driving on the track with all of the other drivers and crews walking behind him.. seemed kinda cool on the surface. It was important show of support and solidarity.

If there’s ever a progressive organization that speaks to all walks of life, it’s NASCAR.
Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 2 502811600

I'm glad they got rid of the Confederate flag, I like this show of support (though I somehow suspect it was a mandate from the 'front office' types), etc. I'm okay with people saying and doing the right things, obviously, but I hope to see some more meaningful reform soon in the form of monetary support to important foundations rooted in BLM, community outreach (if/when that's ever even possible again), a strong, public response if/when the christian patriot in the White House demeans them for a step in the right direction of human decency, etc.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 6/22/2020, 6:37 pm

NigelUno wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Triple down complete. I implied you made a false claim like Smollet. Wanna go for the quad Nancy Kerrigan?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 6/22/2020, 6:38 pm

Watched the drivers walking behind Wallace’s car in solidarity. Pretty emotional. Good stuff.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 6/22/2020, 6:54 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Watched the drivers walking behind Wallace’s car in solidarity. Pretty emotional. Good stuff.

Walk? Did those guys forget they have cars they could’ve driven?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 6/22/2020, 6:55 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Triple down complete. I implied you made a false claim like Smollet. Wanna go for the quad Nancy Kerrigan?

You knew it was coming right after he took the last order from the dinner rush at Sbarro.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 6/22/2020, 7:05 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
DWags wrote:

I was wondering if you're implying that maybe it was a "false flag"? Just curious. Someone from his own team?

...If it was a false flag, then also expose that person.

You don't say!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 6/22/2020, 7:16 pm

NigelUno wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

...If it was a false flag, then also expose that person.

You don't say!

Is there a reason you didn’t provide The full quote? You know the part where I thought it was highly unlikely to be a false flag operation?

Well of course there is...... Keep swinging Nigel. I brought a whole bag of quarters. Maybe you’ll make contact one of these days.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 6/23/2020, 7:08 am

Finished 14th yesterday.

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 6/23/2020, 7:52 am

kingstonlake wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You don't say!

Is there a reason you didn’t provide The full quote?

Yes.

Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 2 1f3a3
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 6/23/2020, 8:37 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Nigel has been acting normal for _0_ days.

It was a good run for a while Nigel.

bump
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 6/23/2020, 8:41 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Nigel has been acting normal for _0_ days.

It was a good run for a while Nigel.

bump

Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 2 1f3a3  Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 2 1f3a3
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 6/23/2020, 8:59 am

Arnold Jackson wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

bump

Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 2 1f3a3  Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 2 1f3a3

Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 2 1284110369
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 6/23/2020, 12:57 pm

Son of  former Daytona 500 pole winner says Wallace should have been drug through the pits by the noose.  Clarifies statement saying the quote wasn’t about race.

Last edited by kingstonlake on 6/23/2020, 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 6/23/2020, 1:05 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Son of  former Daytona 500 pole winner says Wallace should have been drug through the pits by the noose.  Clarifies statemnt sating the quote wasn’t about race.

Racists gonna racist.

But I do appreciate his father’s comments and do not believe the father to be racist.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 6/23/2020, 1:23 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Son of  former Daytona 500 pole winner says Wallace should have been drug through the pits by the noose.  Clarifies statemnt sating the quote wasn’t about race.
jesus christ.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 6/23/2020, 1:37 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
jesus christ.

It takes a lot to make me cringe.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 6/23/2020, 2:11 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: jesus christ.

It takes a lot to make me cringe.
same.. I mean, I'll roll my eyes periodically and shake my head.. but this was a full throttle, out loud "jesus fucking christ".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 6/23/2020, 2:22 pm

What a dumb mother fucker.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 6/23/2020, 2:31 pm

Shocked oh my god
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 6/23/2020, 3:12 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

Shocked oh my god

Why even bother apologizing? There’s no way it can be taken seriously or perceived as sincere. Just own it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 6/23/2020, 4:07 pm

I mean, did he just blank out? My mom sometimes, when she’s high, will post to me on Facebook like only I can see it. Just personal stuff. My sister has her code and when she does we text her, my sister logs in and erases it. But she’s 82 and high in gummy bears. What’s this red necks excuse?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 6/23/2020, 4:19 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Son of  former Daytona 500 pole winner says Wallace should have been drug through the pits by the noose.  Clarifies statement saying the quote wasn’t about race.

This shit right here is what we need to eliminate in this country. What a fucking piece of shit.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next