Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired.

+11
Heat Miser
tGreenWay
AvgMSUJoe
steveschneider
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
DWags
15 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 3 Empty Re: Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired.

Post by kingstonlake Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:20 pm

DWags wrote:I mean, did he just blank out? My mom sometimes, when she’s high, will post to me on Facebook like only I can see it. Just personal stuff. My sister has her code and when she does we text her, my sister logs in and erases it. But she’s 82 and high in gummy bears. What’s this red necks excuse?

I don’t know man. That wasn’t just dropping an N bomb. That was a cliff notes manifesto.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 3 Empty Re: Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired.

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:55 pm

Let’s let this play out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/06/23/fbi-no-crime-committed-bubba-wallaces-garage-stall-noose-was-there-since-october/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:02 pm

Waiting to hear from Arnold.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:04 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Meaning what?

The investigation.

Bump
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:12 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Let’s let this play out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/06/23/fbi-no-crime-committed-bubba-wallaces-garage-stall-noose-was-there-since-october/

Wait..... You mean it wasn’t an attempt at racial intimidation or a false flag?  It was most likely and innocent interpretation and a simple misunderstanding? You don’t say.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:22 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Let's let this play out.

Bump.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:22 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

Wait..... You mean it wasn’t an attempt at racial intimidation or a false flag?  It was most likely and innocent interpretation and a simple misunderstanding? You don’t say.

No idea why we wasted time waiting for the investigation. It was obvious what happened.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:23 pm

NigelUno wrote:
NigelUno wrote:
Let's let this play out.

Bump.

Riiiiiiight. Because you’re using that post 100% in context. Rolling Eyes
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:29 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

No idea why we wasted time waiting for the investigation. It was obvious what happened.

There’s a video out there where someone is touring the garages and you can see the pull ropes on the stall doors. You could construe it as a noose made out of thin rope. I wonder if it was a good idea to just let an investigation play out. Crazy I know.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:30 pm

NigelUno wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

The investigation.

If you're going to go full Goose, just do it.

Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 3 276803595
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:42 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

If you're going to go full Goose, just do it.

Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 3 276803595

I had no expectation of Arnold admitting he was wrong, but it was a surprise to see him try to weasel out of it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:43 pm

Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 3 C3fb9010
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:47 pm

Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 3 7c682410
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:48 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I had no expectation of Arnold admitting he was wrong, but it was a surprise to see him try to weasel out of it.

It’s a little early to say he won’t admit he was wrong or is a weasel. Let’s let this play out.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:54 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It’s a little early to say he won’t admit he was wrong or is a weasel. Let’s let this play out.

Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 3 502811600 Good call.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:44 pm

You mean after an investigation it was determined that nooses are a common prop in NASCAR?

I'm shocked.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:00 pm

I don’t know, was that plane flying the red neck racist flag over the track with “defund nascar” there since October 2019? Cause I have zero fucks to give if the rope was there or not. Means shut to me when some asshole pays thousands to fly a flag behind a plane or some asshole kid says Bubba should be drug by the rope around the pits. Trump tweeted a video of a black guy punching a white guy this morning. We couldn’t be more fucked up as a society if we had all been having babies with our cousins and sisters for three generations. Those horses have run out of the barn and it’s too late. Some of em have three eyes and are running sideways and getting votes for high office. It’s fucked up guys.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:09 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
Certainly we both want the perpetrators of a sick joke or attempt at intimidation or racism  prosecuted  to the fullest extent of the law by whom ever gets to the bottom if it. Be it NASCAR, local authorities, or the feds.

Am I right?

Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 3 4113017228
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:16 pm

Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 3 Sports-failure-swing-and-a-miss
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:27 pm

Referee stops the contest at 33 hours 58 minutes.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:30 pm

DWags wrote:I don’t know, was that plane flying the red neck racist flag over the track with “defund nascar” there since October 2019? Cause I have zero fucks to give if the rope was there or not. Means shut to me when some asshole pays thousands to fly a flag behind a plane or some asshole kid says Bubba should be drug by the rope around the pits. Trump tweeted a video of a black guy punching a white guy this morning. We couldn’t be more fucked up as a society if we had all been having babies with our cousins and sisters for three generations. Those horses have run out of the barn and it’s too late. Some of em have three eyes and are running sideways and getting votes for high office. It’s fucked up guys.

It's a good outcome for Bubba. But, I agree...it doesn't make the problem go away.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:35 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Let’s let this play out. 
NigelUno wrote:Meaning what?
kingstonlake wrote:The investigation. 

Damn. That is a vicious Page 1 KO  Shocked
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:59 pm

So tl dr Nigel got pwned and is not holding himself to the same standard he does others when he digs his heels in on an argument?

The result is a good one (I think). It is unfortunate that social media is such a large part of the news cycle that this has become a game of gotcha. Not talking about here, though I suppose one could argue it's just a microcasm of the bigger picture.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:11 am

Nigel is autistic, guys, go easy on him.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:47 am

I suspect that 98% of Nigel's posts are made with a smirk on his face. But I don't know him so I can't confirm.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:05 am

A noose is a noose. Garage number four had a noose in it. Looks like NASCAR has to make another guideline that states you can’t make a garage pull that looks like a noose.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:46 am

steveschneider wrote:A noose is a noose. Garage number four had a noose in it. Looks like NASCAR has to make another guideline that states you can’t make a garage pull that looks like a noose.

ITS OUR HERITAGE!! YOU START TAKING THEM DOWN YOULL RUIN OUR HISTORY. WE’LL FORGET OUR HISTORY. STOP TAKING THEM DOWN!!

Last edited by DWags on Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:52 am

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:A noose is a noose. Garage number four had a noose in it. Looks like NASCAR has to make another guideline that states you can’t make a garage pull that looks like a noose.

ITS OUR HERITAGE!! YOU START TAKING THEM DOWN YOULL RUIN IUR HISTORY. WE’LL FORGET OUR HISTORY. STOO TAKING THEM DOWN!!

The Wallace quote I read pretty much made it clear that garage pull was unique to all the others he’s seen in the sport. A noose is a noose folks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:11 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I suspect that 98% of Nigel's posts are made with a smirk on his face. But I don't know him so I can't confirm.

Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 3 GygWCtC
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:32 am

NigelUno wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I suspect that 98% of Nigel's posts are made with a smirk on his face. But I don't know him so I can't confirm.

Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 3 GygWCtC

On mobile so I can’t see the image, but it’s a good bet whatever is posted is neither an admission he was wrong, nor is it an apology to KL.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:02 am

tGreenWay wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

On mobile so I can’t see the image, but it’s a good bet whatever is posted is neither an admission he was wrong, nor is it an apology to KL.  

It happens to be a completely unrelated image of a screengrab from an episode of Between Two Ferns featuring Ben Stiller.

He's fucking autistic as fuck, guys.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:06 am

[quote="tGreenWay"]
NigelUno wrote:

I’d actually have to be offended to want any sort of an apology, lol.

I do think it’s funny though we’ve come full circle on who’s gone full goose.....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:01 pm

Shocked, Shocked I say, that a Nascar driver would use a racial slur and get fired. - Page 3 2b624ded4361cd439394f42310d33080
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:45 pm

I have to admit I prefer “Full Surrender Nigel” over “Emoji Nigel”.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:36 pm

[tw]1276206089147764736[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:43 pm

[tw]1276194657786003462[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:52 pm

NigelUno wrote:[tw]1276206089147764736[/tw]

As a former boy scout and firefighter, I can say with a good level of confidence that that type of knot is used for one thing and one thing only. And it’s not to close a garage door.

That being said, I don’t think this was aimed at anyone or meant to be hateful or racist. BUT...why would anyone know how to tie it in a noose?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:01 pm

NigelUno wrote:[tw]1276194657786003462[/tw]

It’s a good thing there’s an investigation to find out what transpired and when. #SurrenderArnold
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:04 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:[tw]1276206089147764736[/tw]

As a former boy scout and firefighter, I can say with a good level of confidence that that type of knot is used for one thing and one thing only. And it’s not to close a garage door.

That being said, I don’t think this was aimed at anyone or meant to be hateful or racist. BUT...why would anyone know how to tie it in a noose?

Thank you for your service.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:46 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
NigelUno wrote:[tw]1276194657786003462[/tw]

It’s a good thing there’s an investigation to find out what transpired and when. #SurrenderArnold

Regardless, the knot/noose was there in stall 4 in October of 2019. It wasn’t put there last weekend. #surrenderarnold
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next