Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuck Michael Jordan

+20
Nordic
Watch Out Pylon!
GRR Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
aualum06
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
NigelUno
duffy munn
DWags
Cameron
CORNER BLITZ
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
Senior Dickfist
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
24 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Fuck Michael Jordan - Page 7 Empty Re: Fuck Michael Jordan

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-05-17, 16:53

Mark Teixiera. Next question.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-05-17, 17:03

Fuck Michael Jordan - Page 7 Hank-aaron-of-the-milwaukee-braves-retro-images-archive
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-05-17, 18:33

Cobb >>>> Ruth
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-05-17, 18:35

Willie Mays Hayes >>>> Willie Mays.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-05-17, 18:36

MiamiSpartan wrote:Willie Mays Hayes >>>> Willie Mays.

Only in the original
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-17, 20:53

Watching a bit of it tonight. Another guy I never cared for George Karl.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-05-17, 21:20

Thank you, Steve. I wanted to follow you on Live Journal, but this thread seems to keep me up to date on all your thoughts.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-05-17, 21:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

That said.. can we talk about the bloodshot eyes? What's up with that?

His eyes aren't bloodshot. They're freaking yellow. I hope I'm wrong but MJ looks like he has jaundice. Like final stages of alcoholism shit.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-05-17, 22:27

steveschneider wrote:Watching a bit of it tonight. Another guy I never cared for George Karl.

I'm finishing up Waco right now didn't realize you were in it Steve
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-05-17, 23:11

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

That said.. can we talk about the bloodshot eyes? What's up with that?

His eyes aren't bloodshot. They're freaking yellow. I hope I'm wrong but MJ looks like he has jaundice. Like final stages of alcoholism shit.

Half of his nose is yellow, too. Very odd.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-05-17, 23:40

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Half of his nose is yellow, too. Very odd.

Something isn't right with him.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-18, 00:24

Just started ep 7.

“Way to go Craig”

😂
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-18, 08:46

We aren’t the only ones who noticed.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-05-18, 08:55

Michael Jordan Dominated His Era, but He Wouldn’t Rule This One: While ‘The Last Dance’ showcased the Bulls legend’s greatness, it also served as a reminder of just how much time has passed—and just how far the game has come

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/5/18/21260106/michael-jordan-the-last-dance-evolution
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-05-18, 08:56

DWags wrote:We aren’t the only ones who noticed.

He isn't well
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-18, 09:21

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:We aren’t the only ones who noticed.

He isn't well

I hate stories based on twitter commenters.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-05-18, 09:27

Rocinante wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

He isn't well

I hate stories based on twitter commenters.

I get that but somethings up. Yellow eyes are not normal.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-18, 10:03

I watched probably about 40-50 minutes of it last night. I thought Reggie Miller was a riot. Turned it off during the Steve Kerr part. I love Steve Kerr but I've heard enough sad piano music these days with all the Covid-19 commercials.

I thought the doc was kind of boring to be honest. Also, what the hell is up with all this jumping around the time line nonsense? In a sports doc? Are you kidding me? Yeah, we've all seen Pulp Fiction and I guess my call out to the director of this doc is cut it with this arty nonsense you ain't no Quentin Tarrantino.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-05-18, 10:47

steveschneider wrote:I watched probably about 40-50 minutes of it last night. I thought Reggie Miller was a riot. Turned it off during the Steve Kerr part. I love Steve Kerr but I've heard enough sad piano music these days with all the Covid-19 commercials.

I thought the doc was kind of boring to be honest. Also, what the hell is up with all this jumping around the time line nonsense? In a sports doc? Are you kidding me? Yeah, we've all seen Pulp Fiction and I guess my call out to the director of this doc is cut it with this arty nonsense you ain't no Quentin Tarrantino.

I just love how it villified everyone while the bully and asshole MJ was elevated to God. Also good to see Reggie can be a racist but it wasn't ok for Thomas and the best part oft hat whole scenario is it is Rodman who made the comment and he got off with freedom
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-05-18, 10:49

steveschneider wrote:I watched probably about 40-50 minutes of it last night. I thought Reggie Miller was a riot. Turned it off during the Steve Kerr part. I love Steve Kerr but I've heard enough sad piano music these days with all the Covid-19 commercials.

Jumping around in time was pointless and annoying.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-05-18, 10:52

Oh and amahaad Rashad. Embarrassing but we all already knew it in the 90s
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-18, 11:13

NigelUno wrote:

Jumping around in time was pointless and annoying.

Yeah, the doc had no flow. Felt like he was going for one of those art pieces I used to see at the Moma that left you scratching your head going what the heck does it mean?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-18, 11:19

Turtleneck wrote:Michael Jordan Dominated His Era, but He Wouldn’t Rule This One: While ‘The Last Dance’ showcased the Bulls legend’s greatness, it also served as a reminder of just how much time has passed—and just how far the game has come

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/5/18/21260106/michael-jordan-the-last-dance-evolution

I agree and I hope this doc helps put a nail in the coffin of the old days were better.

I hope we live long enough to see a time machine invented. I'd love to see the 97 Bulls get on it and get their asses absolutely handed to them by the 2020 Bulls just to demonstrate how much better today's players are.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-18, 12:14

aualum06 wrote:

I just love how it villified everyone while the bully and asshole MJ was elevated to God. Also good to see Reggie can be a racist but it wasn't ok for Thomas and the best part oft hat whole scenario is it is Rodman who made the comment and he got off with freedom

Really?  I think it kind of depicted him as a Bobby Knight.  His players looking back at Knight, kind of respect him more now because they won championships and were successful, but all of them said he was a  bully and stepped over the line.   I don't think this was a hero type doc.  But I'm not a huge piston fan, and, I think my friends who are, really looked at that doc differently.   Personally, I fall into the same category.  His life is empty without basketball and championships.  He needed the addiction to competition and he never had any real close friends he played with. That's crazy.  His best friend was a security guard?  Why not a team mate you shed blood with?  What about his college team mates?  Man, college friendships are forever.  James worthy?  WTF?   He seems kind of like a dick to me who was possesed and had a shit load of talent and needed championships to fulfill his life.  Does he have a wife? Kids?  Were they ever interviewed?  Why not?  Because he is a lonely man in my book.  And sure, he has six championships, but now, with yellow eyes and sitting in a big house by himself, without any true friends, his life seems pretty hollow.  

and this is for my literary friends.  The only thing missing from the end of that doc, was him looking in the camera and whispering "Rosebud" as he got up and walked away.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-18, 12:20

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Really?  I think it kind of depicted him as a Bobby Knight.  His players looking back at Knight, kind of respect him more now because they won championships and were successful, but all of them said he was a  bully and stepped over the line.   I don't think this was a hero type doc.  But I'm not a huge piston fan, and, I think my friends who are, really looked at that doc differently.   Personally, I fall into the same category.  His life is empty without basketball and championships.  He needed the addiction to competition and he never had any real close friends he played with. That's crazy.  His best friend was a security guard?  Why not a team mate you shed blood with?  What about his college team mates?  Man, college friendships are forever.  James worthy?  WTF?   He seems kind of like a dick to me who was possesed and had a shit load of talent and needed championships to fulfill his life.  Does he have a wife? Kids?  Were they ever interviewed?  Why not?  Because he is a lonely man in my book.  And sure, he has six championships, but now, with yellow eyes and sitting in a big house by himself, without any true friends, his life seems pretty hollow.  

and this is for my literary friends.  The only thing missing from the end of that doc, was him looking in the camera and whispering "Rosebud" as he got up and walked away.

Fuck Michael Jordan - Page 7 502811600
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-05-18, 12:23

aualum has some weird ass takes.

I don't think that's a bad take Wags, seems pretty spot on to me.

Also fwiw he is divorced from his first wife, Juanita, who he had the kids with. And he's remarried to some young hottie.

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/yvette-prieto?family=editorial&phrase=yvette%20prieto&sort=mostpopular
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-05-18, 12:27

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

scratch Citizen Kane is literature?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-05-18, 12:35

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

The real winners of this doc were the bad boy Pistons
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-18, 12:36

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:

cinematic friends. You got me. You're obviously the better man. Well done.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-18, 12:41

You guys are too hard on this doc. I thought it was mostly good. I know this is a stretch around here but I think maybe you’re letting your personal feelings with regard to a sports team cloud your judgement.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-18, 12:42

aualum06 wrote:
DWags wrote:

Well I didn't know we were looking at winners and losers. But my take stays the same. I don't, by any stretch, think that was an heroic look at MJ. I don't think it made him look good. I think it made him look like a man who had success in basketball and had riches from it. Maybe I'm missing somethig.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-05-18, 13:03

DWags wrote:
Cameron wrote:

cinematic friends.  You got me. You're obviously the better man.  Well done.  

Not sure I'd go that far, I've never even seen it.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-18, 13:04

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:

cinematic friends.  You got me. You're obviously the better man.  Well done.  

Not sure I'd go that far, I've never even seen it.

Spoiler. It’s a sled.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-05-18, 13:05

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Well I didn't know we were looking at winners and losers. But my take stays the same. I don't, by any stretch, think that was an heroic look at MJ. I don't think it made him look good. I think it made him look like a man who had success in basketball and had riches from it. Maybe I'm missing somethig.

MJ getting a pass for being an asshole is awesome. I think it shows all of what you said but he still gets a pass
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-18, 13:07

aualum06 wrote:
DWags wrote:

MJ getting a pass for being an asshole is awesome. I think it shows all of what you said but he still gets a pass

I mean, I'm really trying to understand where you're coming from. Who is giving him a pass? Me? I don't get who has given him a pass. The Doc was what it was. I don't think you've given him a pass. I don't think anyone on this board is "giving him a pass". And if we have, a pass on what? Sorry, I'm a slow guy. Ask Cameron.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-05-18, 13:20

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

I mean, I'm really trying to understand where you're coming from. Who is giving him a pass? Me? I don't get who has given him a pass. The Doc was what it was. I don't think you've given him a pass. I don't think anyone on this board is "giving him a pass". And if we have, a pass on what? Sorry, I'm a slow guy. Ask Cameron.

The world/media. I know your lot giving a pass but 95% of the world is and it's hysterical to me. Cracks me up.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-05-18, 13:20

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

I mean, I'm really trying to understand where you're coming from. Who is giving him a pass?  Me?   I don't get who has given him a pass.  The Doc was what it was.   I don't think you've given him a pass.  I don't think anyone on this board is "giving him a pass". And if we have, a pass on what?  Sorry, I'm a slow guy.  Ask Cameron.  

According to Pistons fans, referring to Jordan as anything other than an overrated asshole who only won titles because Isiah Thomas said it was okay is giving him a pass.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-18, 14:38

I think the root of my problem is I just hate Chicago sports teams.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-18, 15:24

Turtleneck wrote:Michael Jordan Dominated His Era, but He Wouldn’t Rule This One: While ‘The Last Dance’ showcased the Bulls legend’s greatness, it also served as a reminder of just how much time has passed—and just how far the game has come

What’s a theringer? Is that a derringer for the thumb? That would be really cool.
Pew. Pew. Pew. Pew.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-05-18, 15:28

aualum06 wrote:
DWags wrote:

The world/media. I know your lot giving a pass but 95% of the world is and it's hysterical to me. Cracks me up.

It actually sounds like it makes you quite mad.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next