Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuck Michael Jordan

+20
Nordic
Watch Out Pylon!
GRR Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
aualum06
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
NigelUno
duffy munn
DWags
Cameron
CORNER BLITZ
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
Senior Dickfist
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
24 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Fuck Michael Jordan - Page 8 Empty Re: Fuck Michael Jordan

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-18, 15:30

Rocinante wrote:You guys are too hard on this doc. I thought it was mostly good. I know this is a stretch around here but I think maybe you’re letting your personal feelings with regard to a sports team cloud your judgement.

I can’t take you seriously when you spell judgment with an e. You probably have friends named Geoff, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-18, 15:31

Also, anyone notice the only one Jordan was never a dick head to was Dennis Rodman?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-18, 15:33

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

MJ getting a pass for being an asshole is awesome. I think it shows all of what you said but he still gets a pass

I mean, I'm really trying to understand where you're coming from. Who is giving him a pass? Me? I don't get who has given him a pass. The Doc was what it was. I don't think you've given him a pass. I don't think anyone on this board is "giving him a pass". And if we have, a pass on what? Sorry, I'm a slow guy. Ask Cameron.

If you’ve got the rock and MJ is on your team, you should give him a pass. Many, actually.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-18, 16:25

tGreenWay wrote:
Rocinante wrote:You guys are too hard on this doc. I thought it was mostly good. I know this is a stretch around here but I think maybe you’re letting your personal feelings with regard to a sports team cloud your judgement.

I can’t take you seriously when you spell judgment with an e. You probably have friends named Geoff, too.

Your judgement has an e, too, you arrogant colonist.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-05-18, 16:39

Fuck Michael Jordan - Page 8 Downlo11

Neither of you knows how to spell. It's judgemint, and that's that.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-05-18, 16:42

Michael Jordan spelled it better than anybody else in history.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-18, 16:42

Would Jordan actually make it to the league in MLB? In Jordan sanctioned ESPN jerk off fests they say yes, but at the time he was actually in the league all I remember was he was way out of his element. I think he used the strike as a graceful way to exit his failed mlb career.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-05-18, 16:48

8 pages (I didn't read)? Pretty clear Steve has a man crush on Jordan.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-05-18, 16:50

steveschneider wrote:Would Jordan actually make it to the league in MLB? In Jordan sanctioned ESPN jerk off fests they say yes, but at the time he was actually in the league all I remember was he was way out of his element. I think he used the strike as a graceful way to exit his failed mlb career.

The Ringer had an article about his baseball skills. My takeaway was that guys that tall and lanky are far more likely to make it as pitchers than as hitters. If he had been focused on baseball from childhood, who knows, but starting almost from scratch in his 30s, I just don't see it. Raw athleticism can only take you so far.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-18, 16:51

The Pantry wrote:8 pages (I didn't read)? Pretty clear Steve has a man crush on Jordan.

Hey Pantry, we are talking about sports. The eight pages shows people want to talk about it. I hope all is well.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-19, 09:32

To keep it positive, if I think of all things MJ and what is my favorite thing he did or was part of I'd have to say the Mars Blackmon ads back in the day blew my mind. Loved the black & white and I think those commercials took the shoes/street wear thing to the next level. I guess the 'experts' always cite the Apple 1984 SB commercial as one of the best commercials of all time, I pretty much hate commercials but if I had to pick one that Blackmon would be up there at the top of my list. I'd probably have one of those stupid Budweiser commercials from the 90s as the GOAT.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-05-19, 09:43

steveschneider wrote:Also, anyone notice the only one Jordan was never a dick head to was Dennis Rodman?

I think they all realized Rodman was a different cat.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-05-19, 10:01

steveschneider wrote:To keep it positive, if I think of all things MJ and what is my favorite thing he did or was part of I'd have to say the Mars Blackmon ads back in the day blew my mind. Loved the black & white and I think those commercials took the shoes/street wear thing to the next level. I guess the 'experts' always cite the Apple 1984 SB commercial as one of the best commercials of all time, I pretty much hate commercials but if I had to pick one that Blackmon would be up there at the top of my list. I'd probably have one of those stupid Budweiser commercials from the 90s as the GOAT.

Fuck Michael Jordan - Page 8 Tenor
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-19, 10:04

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Also, anyone notice the only one Jordan was never a dick head to was Dennis Rodman?

Guy gave 100% every time out on the floor. I only think a guy like Jackson could have handled his persona while with the bulls. It would have driven the other coaches nuts.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-05-19, 10:39

NigelUno wrote:

Yeah, when a guy is found sitting in a car with a loaded gun crying because his coach left, it tends to give that impression that he might not be wired quite like other athletes.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-05-19, 10:51

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Guy gave 100% every time out on the floor. I only think a guy like Jackson could have handled his persona while with the bulls. It would have driven the other coaches nuts.

I'm guessing it didn't sit well with Jackson, but at that point what was he going to do? They catered to his personality. They had no choice. They just needed rebounding and defense out of him. I wonder if that's one of the reasons Jackson decided not to come back. But he definitely had a Zen/Native American spirituality to him that allowed for a little freedom of expression.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-05-19, 10:52

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Chuck Daly is a pretty good job with Rodman too. Of course that was before Dennis went FULL weirdo.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-05-19, 14:31

I thought I read a story about Rodman, basically it was Daly who kept him in check. I think. Maybe not, I dunno, but it was after Daly wasn't around him that he started changing into Rodman.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-05-19, 14:37

Pittsburgh guy, WCW commentator, said on Pat McAfee show yesterday that WCW talked Rodman and Malone into their finals skirmish to promote their PPV

[tw]1262401793193136129[/tw]
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-05-19, 18:40

InTenSity wrote:I thought I read a story about Rodman, basically it was Daly who kept him in check. I think. Maybe not, I dunno, but it was after Daly wasn't around him that he started changing into Rodman.

Yes, pretty much. Daly was a big father figure to him. When he retired, Rodman almost committed suicide. Then Rodman started to rebel. It reminds me of something that a kid might do when a parent dies. He was a sweet, shy kid that then flips completely opposite almost overnight.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-05-19, 22:48

[tw]1262869959312650248[/tw]
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-20, 11:21

steveschneider wrote:To keep it positive, if I think of all things MJ and what is my favorite thing he did or was part of I'd have to say the Mars Blackmon ads back in the day blew my mind. Loved the black & white and I think those commercials took the shoes/street wear thing to the next level. I guess the 'experts' always cite the Apple 1984 SB commercial as one of the best commercials of all time, I pretty much hate commercials but if I had to pick one that Blackmon would be up there at the top of my list. I'd probably have one of those stupid Budweiser commercials from the 90s as the GOAT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt0W4Q7tVgc

Back story behind the Mars Blackmon ad.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-20, 11:22

Heat Miser wrote:[tw]1262869959312650248[/tw]

Fuck Michael Jordan - Page 8 1966794946 Pure gold.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-21, 08:33

This might leave a mark on MJ.

[tw]1263199064704929792?s=21[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-05-26, 12:18

The plot thickens. So one way or another he is lying.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29223706/michael-jordan-rod-thorn-play-isiah-thomas-dream-team
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-26, 16:35

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The plot thickens. So one way or another he is lying.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29223706/michael-jordan-rod-thorn-play-isiah-thomas-dream-team

Looks like I have a rational reason now to dislike Michael Jordan.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-05-26, 17:07

[ig]CAZY4b_Dx33[/ig]
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-26, 17:17

People starting to set the record straight. This could get interesting.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-26, 18:13

I mean, anyone who had a pulse knew Thomas vs. Stockton was not even close in any stretch. Not even a casual fan woudl say it was. It shows how much sway Jordan had as a world wide phenomenon in my opinion.

I still go back to whoever signed off on that series did him no favors. I don't think it showed him in this warm blue light at all. He came off as adick in much of it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-05-26, 22:09

DWags wrote:I mean, anyone who had a pulse knew Thomas vs. Stockton was not even close in any stretch. Not even a casual fan woudl say it was. It shows how much sway Jordan had as a world wide phenomenon in my opinion.

I still go back to whoever signed off on that series did him no favors. I don't think it showed him in this warm blue light at all. He came off as adick in much of it.

Yes but let's also be fair regarding Isiah. Who is, btw, one of my all time favorite NBA players, because he's our guy. Anyone with a pulse capable of seeing through bias also knew that Isiah was the original 🐍. From the AD trade, to the supposed MJ freeze out (which I have no doubt existed to some degree), to the debacle with Bird, including the public press conference non apology and double down, to the dust up with Magic and later on spreading word around that he might have gotten HIV through homosexual contact, to the fight with Laimbeer, the sexual harassment stuff later with the Knicks, the list goes on and on and on.

There's no doubt that Isiah deserved his spot on that team has an All Decade and All Time PG. There's also little doubt in my opinion that he may have upset the chemistry of the team and what Jordan said was true in that regard. He was always the baby faced assassin. Commodus. Embrace you with a smile while sticking a stake in your back. We loved him for it but it shouldn't be the elephant in the room in these discussions.

Seems like he's changed, but I have no doubts that more than a few of those guys didn't want to play with him and he earned that. (Also earned Detroit those first two 'ships)
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-05-26, 23:54

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
DWags wrote:I mean, anyone who had a pulse knew Thomas vs. Stockton was not even close in any stretch.  Not even a casual fan woudl say it was.  It shows how much sway Jordan had as a world wide phenomenon in my opinion.  

I still go back to whoever signed off on that series did him no favors.  I don't think it showed him in this warm blue light at all.  He came off as adick in much of it.  

Yes but let's also be fair regarding Isiah. Who is, btw, one of my all time favorite NBA players, because he's our guy. Anyone with a pulse capable of seeing through bias also knew that Isiah was the original 🐍. From the AD trade, to the supposed MJ freeze out (which I have no doubt existed to some degree), to the debacle with Bird, including the public press conference non apology and double down, to the dust up with Magic and later on spreading word around that he might have gotten HIV through homosexual contact, to the fight with Laimbeer, the sexual harassment stuff later with the Knicks, the list goes on and on and on.

There's no doubt that Isiah deserved his spot on that team has an All Decade and All Time PG. There's also little doubt in my opinion that he may have upset the chemistry of the team and what Jordan said was true in that regard. He was always the baby faced assassin. Commodus. Embrace you with a smile while sticking a stake in your back. We loved him for it but it shouldn't be the elephant in the room in these discussions.

Seems like he's changed, but I have no doubts that more than a few of those guys didn't want to play with him and he earned that. (Also earned Detroit those first two 'ships)

All true. I also remember him cashing his 40k pay checks at a local party store. Hmmmm....https://gangsterreport.com/news-of-isiah-thomas-affairs-with-the-mob-came-to-light-as-pistons-repeated-in-90/
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-05-27, 10:10

That's a fascinating read. I know a few Denhas. I had never heard of Emmet.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-27, 17:37

https://twitter.com/ljsgoat/status/1265674722492243968?s=21
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-28, 11:42

Just a random observation. I recall a few years ago when Lebron took his Cavs to the finals there was all the usual clowns on the hottakes shows doing their Goat debates and I seem to recall Lebron was the GOAT in a lot of those takes. Now that the Jordan doc is out I notice Jordan is the GOAT again. I wonder if the GOAT is whoever drives ratings? scratch
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-05-28, 11:52

steveschneider wrote:Just a random observation. I recall a few years ago when Lebron took his Cavs to the finals there was all the usual clowns on the hottakes shows doing their Goat debates and I seem to recall Lebron was the GOAT in a lot of those takes. Now that the Jordan doc is out I notice Jordan is the GOAT again. I wonder if the GOAT is whoever drives ratings? scratch

I'd say there are a couple of reasons.

One is that the media jumps on bandwagons of whatever is trending (in other words, yes to your ratings question).

Also, recency bias. People have a tendency to feel more positive about things that they've seen/done recently.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-28, 12:36

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Just a random observation. I recall a few years ago when Lebron took his Cavs to the finals there was all the usual clowns on the hottakes shows doing their Goat debates and I seem to recall Lebron was the GOAT in a lot of those takes. Now that the Jordan doc is out I notice Jordan is the GOAT again. I wonder if the GOAT is whoever drives ratings? scratch

I'd say there are a couple of reasons.

One is that the media jumps on bandwagons of whatever is trending (in other words, yes to your ratings question).

Also, recency bias. People have a tendency to feel more positive about things that they've seen/done recently.

That all checks out. It's kind of weird that once Lebron's Lakers flamed out (injury to two key players) suddenly his status diminished. I hope they restore the season somehow I'm pretty sure the Lakers would win a ring this year so we can get the hot takes going again
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8