Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I thought we had a thread on the fired State Dept. IG

4 posters

Go down

I thought we had a thread on the fired State Dept. IG Empty I thought we had a thread on the fired State Dept. IG

Post by Turtleneck 2020-05-19, 09:23

Not that Senate Republicans will let anything come of it. They are busy attacking the previous president for wearing a tan suit.

WASHINGTON — The State Department inspector general fired by President Trump on Friday was in the final stages of an investigation into whether the administration had unlawfully declared an “emergency” last year to allow the resumption of weapons sales to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates for their air war in Yemen.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/18/us/politics/pompeo-trump-linick-inspector-general-firing.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20200519&instance_id=18601&nl=the-morning&regi_id=63079657&segment_id=28409&te=1&user_id=2849604b17dce621a42134f6dde3a595
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I thought we had a thread on the fired State Dept. IG Empty Re: I thought we had a thread on the fired State Dept. IG

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-05-19, 11:27

The broader problem is the fact that we let the fox guard the hen house. Yeah, we can all say that Trump is a POS, but in many cases, such as with the IGs, he is just using the system that has long been in place, to his advantage. But why the fuck is the system set up so that the IGs are hired/fired by one of the very people (and their associates) that they're supposed to investigate?

Same thing with Barr. If the justice department is supposed to be non-partisan and hold the President, his staff, cabinet, family, etc. to the same standard as everyone else, then don't make him a part of that same cabinet. The Justice Dept, IGs, etc., should fall under the Supreme Court. While the president nominates them and the Senate confirms them, those branches have no power over them after that.

This is why there should be an automatic impeachment investigation for every sitting president after 2 years. First thing on the agenda for the new, midterm Congress.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I thought we had a thread on the fired State Dept. IG Empty Re: I thought we had a thread on the fired State Dept. IG

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-05-19, 11:55

It's OK to have the minions do the AG's dirty dishes or walk the dog when his wife is out of town or whatever.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-19, 11:57

We do now bruh. Trump’s purge of anyone trying to do their job without partisanship is on. He’s already gone through impeachment and acquittal so what’s he got to lose. He meets every attempt at oversight with a fat fuck you to Congress. We currently have a president above the law.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-05-19, 13:40

Rocinante wrote:We do now bruh. Trump’s purge of anyone trying to do their job without partisanship is on. He’s already gone through impeachment and acquittal so what’s he got to lose. He meets every attempt at oversight with a fat fuck you to Congress. We currently have a president above the law.

To be fair, Trump wouldn't even be in office now to give a fuck you to Congress if it wasn't for Congress itself (the Senate, of course).

I think he knows he is fucked in November and is going scorched earth. His hail mary is to push the opening willy nilly, hoping that the economy snaps right back, while we also get lucky by not having a new surge. Even he knows this is a long shot, though.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-05-19, 22:32

Oh, even better...so swampy

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1210746?__twitter_impression=true
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down