Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus?? We gone?

+33
tGreenWay
Nordic
SawGreen
gomersbro
Travis of the Cosmos
MSU addict
Three_Putt_Par
pulling69
MattyFresh
NigelUno
Izzo Court
kingstonlake
Senior Dickfist
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
y2kMgrad
InTenSity
duffy munn
Watch Out Pylon!
CORNER BLITZ
AvgMSUJoe
Tim Wakefield
aualum06
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Dendrobates
Jake from State Farm
Floyd Robertson
Rocinante
Cameron
Heat Miser
Motown Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
37 posters

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 19 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-09-25, 12:43

Is it really a parade if there are no spectators?

[tw]1309532382467416064[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-09-25, 13:14

I'm not even going to get to have a Thanksgiving this year. We always do it at my parents house, and they won't see us because we have too much exposure.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-09-25, 13:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm not even going to get to have a Thanksgiving this year. We always do it at my parents house, and they won't see us because we have too much exposure.
daughter getting tested the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Her results have typically been back in 12-18 hours. If she's cool, she's coming home for a few days.

We typically go over to a friend's house, but we'll be in this year. It'll be nice, though. Sear some steaks, some drinks.. some good, long walks.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-09-25, 13:21

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm not even going to get to have a Thanksgiving this year. We always do it at my parents house, and they won't see us because we have too much exposure.

Sorry to hear that, even though it's understandable. Obviously we're all still dealing with this at our respective comfort levels. I haven't even given much thought yet to how I'll be spending the day, but there's a good chance I'll just be on the couch napping through the Lions.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-09-25, 14:01

I had my Covid test on Wed to prepare for tomorrow. I'm assuming it's negative.

I was just talking with the husband about the holidays. I said I'm not sure what we're going to do, but what I do know is it will be different than what we usually do. No way in hell we're going to be in tbe typical 70+ family dinner. We will figure out the details soon though.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-09-25, 14:08

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Sorry to hear that, even though it's understandable. Obviously we're all still dealing with this at our respective comfort levels. I haven't even given much thought yet to how I'll be spending the day, but there's a good chance I'll just be on the couch napping through the Lions.

Yeah, kinda sucks, it has pretty much turned into my favorite Holiday. I'm sure we'll still go over to the inlaws for a meal at some point that weekend, but her cooking is...not good. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 19 502811600
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-09-25, 14:19

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Yeah, kinda sucks, it has pretty much turned into my favorite Holiday. I'm sure we'll still go over to the inlaws for a meal at some point that weekend, but her cooking is...not good. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 19 502811600

The ellipsis before "not good" had me laughing long before the Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 19 502811600 showed up on my screen (there's a lengthy delay on desktop these days for smilies/emoticons etc).
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-09-25, 14:26

That’s sucks. Sorry WBH. My wife’s parents are the same way. My mom is cool with coming over but the wife’s parents really get scared at our exposure levels so are very cautious around us.

Worst year ever.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-09-25, 14:39

We usually go to my MILs for Thanksgiving, so that's probably out. We haven't seen her since March 17. Theres an outside chance we will go and do it all outside with a lot if distancing, but I dont think that will happen. Hoping we can get her to make and put some outside the door in Tupperware for us to pick up.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-09-25, 17:01

https://www.abc12.com/2020/09/25/michigan-face-mask-requirement-expanded-to-more-students/
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-09-28, 09:46

I just want to send a personal thank you and congratulations to all the fuckwads in the UP that didn’t take this seriously. A family that we are very good friends with are quarantined(thanks to contact tracing) for two weeks and the ICU at UPHS Marquette is full and the daily numbers are the highest they have ever been. Back in March, a doctor friend of mine confirmed that there were only 38 ventilators in the entire UP at that time. I’m sure we have more now but regardless, so happy people took it seriously...

Back to the contact tracing...I have a feeling we’ll be contacted soon, not because we were irresponsible but because of in person schooling...
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-09-28, 10:14

Motown Spartan wrote:I just want to send a personal thank you and congratulations to all the fuckwads in the UP that didn’t take this seriously. A family that we are very good friends with are quarantined(thanks to contact tracing) for two weeks and the ICU at UPHS Marquette is full and the daily numbers are the highest they have ever been. Back in March, a doctor friend of mine confirmed that there were only 38 ventilators in the entire UP at that time. I’m sure we have more now but regardless, so happy people took it seriously...

Back to the contact tracing...I have a feeling we’ll be contacted soon, not because we were irresponsible but because of in person schooling...

That sucks. I hope your friends recover quickly and with no averse effects.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-09-28, 10:17

Yes good luck to your friends, best wishes. Also fwiw I think they have pretty much figured out that vents aren't as beneficial as it was initially thought they were. I believe they are having better luck treating with steroids now. I think. Not a doctor. Oh, and HCQ and z-pack obviously.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-09-28, 10:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yes good luck to your friends, best wishes. Also fwiw I think they have pretty much figured out that vents aren't as beneficial as it was initially thought they were. I believe they are having better luck treating with steroids now. I think. Not a doctor. Oh, and HCQ and z-pack obviously.

I think that the severe cases that lead to death are likely to need vents. It’s seemingly very manageable as long as the health care system has the capacity and we are about to overwhelm our system. That is when the vents are needed, when we can’t treat enough people of the milder symptoms.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-09-28, 13:25

Motown Spartan wrote:I just want to send a personal thank you and congratulations to all the fuckwads in the UP that didn’t take this seriously. A family that we are very good friends with are quarantined(thanks to contact tracing) for two weeks and the ICU at UPHS Marquette is full and the daily numbers are the highest they have ever been. Back in March, a doctor friend of mine confirmed that there were only 38 ventilators in the entire UP at that time. I’m sure we have more now but regardless, so happy people took it seriously...

Damn, good luck with this Motown.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-09-28, 14:46

So... school needs to know by wednesday if my little one (9) will be going back to in-person for the rest of the year...

Michigan doesn't seen to have a huge outbreak since the start... I'm thinking of sending her.

Niece (sorority girl at MSU) wanted us to give her a ride to Grandma's birthday party this weekend. Told her to not come "home" until thanksgiving and seriously test herself multiple times going into that break. Dumb ass kids.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-09-28, 15:09

AvgMSUJoe wrote:So... school needs to know by wednesday if my little one (9) will be going back to in-person for the rest of the year...

Michigan doesn't seen to have a huge outbreak since the start... I'm thinking of sending her.

Niece (sorority girl at MSU) wanted us to give her a ride to Grandma's birthday party this weekend. Told her to not come "home" until thanksgiving and seriously test herself multiple times going into that break. Dumb ass kids.
I've said it more than once, but it would suck to have a K-12 kid right now. Hard to know what the 'right' answer is.

Hang in there, my dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-09-28, 15:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:So... school needs to know by wednesday if my little one (9) will be going back to in-person for the rest of the year...

I've said it more than once, but it would suck to have a K-12 kid right now. Hard to know what the 'right' answer is.

Hang in there, my dude.

Ovid Elementary School just shut down due to covid. My granddaughter was going to start kindergarten there this fall but parents decided to hold off for a year due to the covid. 14 students are in quarantine.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-09-28, 15:53

Miami Dade was planning on reopening around the 14th. Starting with ESE, K and 1st grade, I think. They were going to follow that with the other kids starting to go back around the 20th, I think. Still an option to stay home. Whelp, DeSantis apparently wants to fast track a 2nd wave, so the Florida director of Education, or whatever its called, said all schools must be reopened by Oct 5. I think only Broward and Miami were the ones not opening back up. Why does 1 week make that much difference?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-09-28, 16:10

DeSantis is a maroon.

Joe, we have had to weigh the same decision. K-1 starts on 10/5, 2-3 starts on 10/12 and 4-5 would be 10/19. We have a 4 week opt in/out milestone after each starts, that will be ongoing for the duration of the year. Same teachers will be teaching to the in seat kids and the virtual kids simultaneously. We decided to sit the first 4 weeks out to see how things go in our area, but I don't blame anyone for sending their kids back. It's a shitty terrible decision to have to make. Our very unscientific poll among our small elementary school via word of mouth, wife's FB etc is that it's going to be about 50/50 in seat/virtual to start.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-09-28, 17:03

We have to make the same decision by Friday.  We have been virtual since the start of the year, which honestly is going well.  A small but very vocal minority have complained, mostly because it is inconvenient to have their kids home during the day.  

Our choice is send the kid to in person or do online classes with a third party (Accelerate Education) that won't be teaching the same curriculum.  Our daughter's school is rated one of the top 50 schools in the country (it is why we moved where we did).  From what we have been able to find the third party is all that great.

It just sucks - choose to keep family safe and you will get a second rate education.  We really don't know what to
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-09-28, 18:04

Sorry guys tough decisions. Whichever you choose your kids will be fine. Just because you’re all worried about it. I can tell.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-09-28, 18:17

We held off on sending our daughter until the last minute. First year of middle school and barely any cases up here at the time so we opted in so she could be with her friends. The protocols the schools have in place seem appropriate. Not too worried still at this point about exposure. My daughter also said it seems like they are prepping them all to be at home in the very near future. A couple of times a week he classes have been taught as if they were online and she said it’s getting more frequent.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

gomersbro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-09-28, 18:24

Keeping good thoughts for all you guys. Knowing myself and what you’re all dealing with, I’d probably be paralyzed with indecision.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-09-28, 20:02

We had to decide for my daughter, too, and opted in.
We felt that the kids staying at home wont be taught as well, and the school put a lot of good things in place. She started last week (9th grade). 1 grade only goes each day one time. Then 2 grades go per day for 1 day each. Then all 4 grades from this Friday and here on out.

She said distancing wasn't too bad in classes. Kids well spaced at lunch. Some kids she has seen pulling down their masks when talking, which pisses her off, but not too common. But the car line pick up is a free for all and kids are close together. At least it is outside and masks being worn, but still. I am concerned what the hallways will be like between classes when there are 4x as many kids there as there have been so far.

On a personal level, I really enjoy having her around all day for the last 6 months, so that bumps me out having her go back.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-09-28, 20:10

InTenSity wrote:Miami Dade was planning on reopening around the 14th. Starting with ESE, K and 1st grade, I think. They were going to follow that with the other kids starting to go back around the 20th, I think. Still an option to stay home. Whelp, DeSantis apparently wants to fast track a 2nd wave, so the Florida director of Education, or whatever its called, said all schools must be reopened by Oct 5. I think only Broward and Miami were the ones not opening back up. Why does 1 week make that much difference?

Do you know if schools pretty much had all of the distancing and protective stuff set up? If not, I'm not sure how they can move that up 1-2 weeks. I did see that schools can start later if they show reasons, but it has to be shown school by school.

DeathSantis is a fucking dickhead, and that has nothing to do with politics.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-09-28, 20:57

MiamiSpartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Miami Dade was planning on reopening around the 14th. Starting with ESE, K and 1st grade, I think. They were going to follow that with the other kids starting to go back around the 20th, I think. Still an option to stay home. Whelp, DeSantis apparently wants to fast track a 2nd wave, so the Florida director of Education, or whatever its called, said all schools must be reopened by Oct 5. I think only Broward and Miami were the ones not opening back up. Why does 1 week make that much difference?

Do you know if schools pretty much had all of the distancing and protective stuff set up? If not, I'm not sure how they can move that up 1-2 weeks. I did see that schools can start later if they show reasons, but it has to be shown school by school.

Kyles classroom will only have 4 students in it. How you keep them separated, I don't know and I don't expect it. I'm ok with him going back, he wants nothing to do with distance learning.
My daughter, we have no idea. We chose earlier this summer to have her stay home, but that's when my wife was working a Covid unit and we didn't know how bad it was going to be. I thought it would be unfair of us to send her to school while my wife is at least around Covid on a weekly basis.
I'm torn on what to do.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-09-28, 22:03

Was supposed to go to my inlaws who have a place with acreage near Manistique this weekend. Then my brother-in-law invited 2 hunting buddies up for deer season bow opening.

"You know them and went to HS with them" was the reason he invited them after knowing wife and I were coming for 5 weeks. Wife agreed we have no clue where the two hunters and their wives have been for the last 30 days.

Not going anywhere for Thanksgiving.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2020-09-28, 22:37

We have a 5th grader and a Kindergartner and we decided to put them back in school. Online learning wasn't going well here and we felt it was time to get the kids back to some degree of normalcy. It seems like our district is doing all they can to keep the kids safe (masks in classrooms, desks spread out etc). It's definitely a difficult choice and a risky choice, but we felt it was the right choice for us. I don't blame the parents who are choosing to keep their kids home though. We're all trying to navigate this shit the best we can. Good luck to all.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

WhiteBoyHatcher likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-09-29, 00:22

InTenSity wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Kyles classroom will only have 4 students in it. How you keep them separated, I don't know and I don't expect it. I'm ok with him going back, he wants nothing to do with distance learning.
My daughter, we have no idea. We chose earlier this summer to have her stay home, but that's when my wife was working a Covid unit and we didn't know how bad it was going to be. I thought it would be unfair of us to send her to school while my wife is at least around Covid on a weekly basis.
I'm torn on what to do.

Do they give you an option to change once it has started? It is hard to know how it will be until it has started. Even the online learning could be different when some kids are in the classroom and some are online. Will teachers pay less attention to the online kids? Will online kids get better grades because they can cheat on the tests? It's all such a clusterfuck.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-09-29, 02:14

Our local district parents are pissed they chose virtual and now want face to face. I was looking at the local school board meeting. I don’t think they’re allowed to change. The problem with virtual is that the third party whic is implementing it is basically putting assignments on line and kids are having to hit the marks on their own with little or no instruction or support. I don’t know if they’re allowed to switch but I’m guessing they’ll be able to eventually. So my theory is that in the next couple of weeks they’re going to have to create new schedules for everyone which is going to slow everyone down. Then, right when the new schedules are kicking in, the flu season hits, a covid breakout occurs and everyone is forced back to virtual. Cluster fuck city.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-09-29, 10:22

In our district you will be allowed to switch anytime from in person to virtual but not vice versa.  They "may" allow a switch to in person at the start of the next semester, but they are not guaranteeing the right to do so. 

We have to make our decision by Friday.  The general feeling I get is that many people will select in person to preserve that right and somewhat to throw a monkey wrench in the districts planning.  Here in person class sizes will be limited to 10 kids (50% - our normal class size is 20 kids).  The school will have to split days if they have more than that.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-09-29, 10:28

That's tough man. We are lucky to have some flexibility. I'm already conflicted but if I were in your shoes...ugh. Good luck man, I'm sure you will make the right call for your situation.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-09-29, 11:40

MSU addict wrote:In our district you will be allowed to switch anytime from in person to virtual but not vice versa.  They "may" allow a switch to in person at the start of the next semester, but they are not guaranteeing the right to do so. 

We have to make our decision by Friday.  The general feeling I get is that many people will select in person to preserve that right and somewhat to throw a monkey wrench in the districts planning.  Here in person class sizes will be limited to 10 kids (50% - our normal class size is 20 kids).  The school will have to split days if they have more than that.

My daughter has 40 in a couple of classes, with about 30 of those going in person. But they moved those classes to this big lounge that used to just be for juniors and seniors only to hang out, study, etc.

For our choice, they said that we have to stick with it until Christmas break. Yeah, ok, but if their implementation/enforcement of the rules end up being a shit show, and/or kids start testing positive, good luck trying to stop us from keeping her home.

So yeah, if they're giving you the express option to switch back to online, that's a good deal. I understand why they dont want someone to switch the other way to go from online to in person, as that screws up all the desks and spacing that they've implemented.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-09-29, 13:58

if anyone is interested..

MSU COVID Testing and Reporting Dashboard
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-09-29, 14:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:if anyone is interested..

MSU COVID Testing and Reporting Dashboard

Thanks, but I won’t need the dashboard since I don’t have my MSU-Covid driver’s license.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-09-29, 14:48

We opted to send her in... she started at home for the last month... not really a boon to her education. The teacher is not tech savvy, and I assumed they would have been doing more simultaneously. Not really worried about that though cause my girl is smart and type A (so far) so driven. Also I have late teens and realize elementary really means little in the grand scheme. Seeing there hasn't been huge out breaks all over the place has helped me be at ease with this. Also the fact masks will be required at all times....
Like today the news said 2 schools are having issues... they sound like more tracing concerns then out breaks. If these schools where having 10-20 kids getting sick at a time, then HELLS no. But these appear to be "could have been subjected to someone with covid"... Health dept shows only 41 cases active in the county....
Shit. This sucks.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-09-29, 17:46

Disney laying off 28,000.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-09-30, 00:07

tGreenWay wrote:Disney laying off 28,000.
Best economy ever.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-10-02, 09:25

Karma, bitch!
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next