Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every 5* croot about to head to a Florida school

+4
DWags
Heat Miser
tGreenWay
CORNER BLITZ
8 posters

Go down

Every 5* croot about to head to a Florida school Empty Every 5* croot about to head to a Florida school

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-06-12, 17:39

[ig]CBWX8OhlweO[/ig]
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Every 5* croot about to head to a Florida school Empty Re: Every 5* croot about to head to a Florida school

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-12, 17:44

This paradigm shift will eventually trickle down to the internet sports message board community. Based on my posting history, I can expect my average annual earnings to be about five bucks...

in money-saving coupons.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Every 5* croot about to head to a Florida school Empty Re: Every 5* croot about to head to a Florida school

Post by Heat Miser 2020-06-12, 19:15

Does this prevent the NCAA from declaring them ineligible???
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-06-12, 23:07

Every 5* croot about to head to a Florida school 502811600

Ignore Kaepernick get it shoved up your ass, ignore paying these kids more than a scholarship get it shoved up your ass.

Wake up overlords.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2020-06-13, 13:54

tGreenWay wrote:This paradigm shift will eventually trickle down to the internet sports message board community. Based on my posting history, I can expect my average annual earnings to be about five bucks...

in money-saving coupons.

Damn, I'm going to have to pay to play...just like in sports, because I sucked.....cheers
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2020-06-13, 16:39

DWags wrote:Every 5* croot about to head to a Florida school 502811600

Ignore Kaepernick get it shoved up your ass, ignore paying these kids more than a scholarship get it shoved up your ass.

Wake up overlords.
Okay Boomer

Seriously I used to completely agree with this logic; and then I looked at the landscape and coaches make millions off these kids, the schools make tens of millions (some into the hundreds), broadcast rights are worth billions to the networks.
The players are making people and organizations wealthy, some earning generational wealth - and for many of these players they will struggle to actually earn their degree in 5 years, because of restrictions on their class loads due to training, travel and game demands. The system that was established decades ago, and worked for years has been changed by the monies involved and yet the very players who have built this with their practice, sweat, torn ligaments and concussions have seen little change in how they are compensated.

For starters I think schollys should be good for 6 years, as long as they are making progress towards a degree, personally I'd rather see players allowed to get a job or internship than sell their licensing rights but something has to change to swing some of the benefits to the players.

I've never looked into it - but I'd love to see an analysis that compared what coaches made per year in the 60's, 70's, 80's....into 2020's compared to the cost of the education that players get.

Off the top of my head I think I've heard Duffy made $60,000 and maybe college cost what 5,000 year in the 60's so he made 12x the cost of a players education - jump to today with coach Tucker making what $5.5 million and a let's call a years education $50,000 so he makes over 100x the cost of education.
Look at the same thing as far as revenue for the schools.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I've change my outlook on this when I took the time to see how big the economic impact has grown around college football and basketball.

just my Every 5* croot about to head to a Florida school 1811933421 rant and my 2¢
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-06-13, 16:44

Wally Fairway wrote:

Wake up overlords.
Okay Boomer

Seriously I used to completely agree with this logic; and then I looked at the landscape and coaches make millions off these kids, the schools make tens of millions (some into the hundreds), broadcast rights are worth billions to the networks.
The players are making people and organizations wealthy, some earning generational wealth - and for many of these players they will struggle to actually earn their degree in 5 years, because of restrictions on their class loads due to training, travel and game demands. The system that was established decades ago, and worked for years has been changed by the monies involved and yet the very players who have built this with their practice, sweat, torn ligaments and concussions have seen little change in how they are compensated.

For starters I think schollys should be good for 6 years, as long as they are making progress towards a degree, personally I'd rather see players allowed to get a job or internship than sell their licensing rights but something has to change to swing some of the benefits to the players.

I've never looked into it - but I'd love to see an analysis that compared what coaches made per year in the 60's, 70's, 80's....into 2020's compared to the cost of the education that players get.

Off the top of my head I think I've heard Duffy made $60,000 and maybe college cost what 5,000 year in the 60's so he made 12x the cost of a players education - jump to today with coach Tucker making what $5.5 million and a let's call a years education $50,000 so he makes over 100x the cost of education.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I've change my outlook on this when I took the time to see how big the economic impact has grown around college football and basketball.

just my Every 5* croot about to head to a Florida school 1811933421 rant and my 2¢

I'm glad to see over time the shift in opinion and more fans are pro paying the players. It's long overdue.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-06-13, 16:52

Wally Fairway wrote:

Wake up overlords.
Okay Boomer

So we agree? I’m confused. PAY THE FUCKING PLAYERS!! You say no?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-06-13, 16:54

steveschneider wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:
Okay Boomer

I'm glad to see over time the shift in opinion and more fans are pro paying the players. It's long overdue.

And FTR I think you know I’ve been in favor of paying the players for well over a decade.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2020-06-13, 17:00

Last edited by SawGreen on 2020-06-13, 17:01; edited 1 time in total
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-06-13, 17:00

Idk anyone that isn't for players getting theirs outside of saying title 9 going to be a problem because #thatsnotfair
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-06-13, 17:12

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

And FTR I think you know I’ve been in favor of paying the players for well over a decade.

Every 5* croot about to head to a Florida school 969504605 Every 5* croot about to head to a Florida school 969504605
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-13, 17:42

DWags wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:
Okay Boomer

So we agree? I’m confused. PAY THE FUCKING PLAYERS!! You say no?

Yeah, Wally seems old man confused. Maybe he just wanted to be able to use Okay Boomer for once in his life. Every 5* croot about to head to a Florida school 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down