Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name a product with a shitty reputation that you’ve found to be very good

+14
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
GRR Spartan
Probably CF
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
Cameron
aualum06
DWags
Nordic
The Pantry
Turtleneck
CORNER BLITZ
kingstonlake
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Name a product with a shitty reputation that you’ve found to be very good - Page 2 Empty Re: Name a product with a shitty reputation that you’ve found to be very good

Post by MSU addict 2020-08-06, 08:23

NigelUno wrote:
MSU addict wrote:People like what they like, and I am not one to care much what other like.  But - Hamburger Helper is absolutely vile.

Are you saying it doesn't help?
I am saying that it actually makes it worse.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Name a product with a shitty reputation that you’ve found to be very good - Page 2 Empty Re: Name a product with a shitty reputation that you’ve found to be very good

Post by Nordic 2020-08-07, 21:59

MSU addict wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Are you saying it doesn't help?

You would rather eat ground cooked hamburger? Nothing added. No ketchup. No cheese. Not even a silver of parsley.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-08-07, 22:17

There are certain flavors of HH and Pasta Roni that I "like" because they're nostalgic and remind me of living on Beal St. Still...I haven't made either one in over a decade.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-08-07, 22:20

Nordic wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

You would rather eat ground cooked hamburger? Nothing added. No ketchup. No cheese. Not even a silver of parsley.
Yes, granted I would prefer to make a hamburger patty out of it and grill it, but even plain cooked loose hamburger meat would be better.

There are soooo many things you can do with ground beef.  Hamburger helper should NEVER be an option.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-08-07, 22:36

MSU addict wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Yes, granted I would prefer to make a hamburger patty out of it and grill it, but even plain cooked loose hamburger meat would be better.

There are soooo many things you can do with ground beef.  Hamburger helper should NEVER be an option.
I remember Tuna Helper being pretty good.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-08-07, 22:48

MSU addict wrote:
Nordic wrote:

You were never poor. I mean I never thought of myself as poor but your parents got creative when they could only afford so much. We had the hamburger helper because we were not too well off and we liked it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-08-07, 22:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Nordic wrote:Truly. At least among non-millenials. Had a few (to be fair, more than a few) the last few weeks and they are solid. Taste better than I expected and low cal. Mix with some Tito's or Crown if you want to protect your rep/for some extra kick.

Try Vizzy. Has surpassed Truly as the best tasting seltzer that I've tried.

My local booze dealer had it and I grabbed a 12ver to compare.

The results may surprise you!:

Last edited by Nordic on 2020-08-07, 23:00; edited 2 times in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-08-07, 22:55

I appreciate a good review.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-08-07, 23:45

Next up try High Noon

Name a product with a shitty reputation that you’ve found to be very good - Page 2 D5cken10
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-08-07, 23:53

Will report back
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-08-08, 08:56

DWags wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

You were never poor.  I mean I never thought of myself as poor but your parents got creative when they could only afford so much. We had the hamburger helper because we were not too well off and we liked it.
That is not true.  I grew up very poor and we knew we were poor.  Hamburger Helper would have been a luxury item.  I am no longer poor.  

Hamburger Helper is vile.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-08-08, 10:27

I've had the High Noon a few times, and while it was good, it's a different product. It's vodka, not spiked seltzer. Also if I recall it was like $12 for a 4 pack of 10 oz bottles so I never bought it again.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-08-08, 11:13

Hamburger Helper brings back memories of the first couple of years of Mrs. GW and I living together. We were working four jobs to pay for classes, then rent, then food. Back then, ground turkey was cheaper than beef, so we switched to that to save $$$. Cheeseburger Macaroni was quality stuff. It tasted extra good because it wasn’t ramen. Once in awhile, we’d splurge on a can of Dinty Moore beef stew. That was living the high life.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2020-08-08, 15:37

Hamburger Helper night was a special treat when I was younger. Held all the way through college. I don't eat it now because I can add some combination of tomato sauce, cheese, salt & garlic on my own; but if someone made some I wouldn't turn it down.

Sidenote: had a can of Beefaroni a few months back. Still delicious.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-08-08, 16:18

Liked hamburger helper as a kid. The beef stroganoff was my favorite. Now I prefer to make my own.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-08-08, 17:25

I'm good with cheeseburger macaroni for a quick and dirty diner for the kids. Weight watchers doesn't agree though.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-08-08, 17:34

StylesGShmooth wrote:Hamburger Helper night was a special treat when I was younger. Held all the way through college. I don't eat it now because I can add some combination of tomato sauce, cheese, salt & garlic on my own; but if someone made some I wouldn't turn it down.

Sidenote: had a can of Beefaroni a few months back. Still delicious.

Fifty-seven years old and I still haven’t tried Beefaroni.
Thinking back to college, I knew my palate was changing and my tolerance for 10-cent ramen and 22-cent boxes of Kroger Cost Cutter Mac & cheese was waning when I started adding fresh vegetables to everything. I’d probably hate the Beefaroni because I’m guessing the tomato sauce would be too sugary.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2