Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial things to watch this fall thread

+3
Jake from State Farm
The Pantry
CORNER BLITZ
7 posters

Go down

tOfficial things to watch this fall thread Empty tOfficial things to watch this fall thread

Post by CORNER BLITZ Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:55 pm

This dudes channel is wild - eels are fucking gross man

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

tOfficial things to watch this fall thread Empty Re: tOfficial things to watch this fall thread

Post by The Pantry Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:33 pm

Interesting vid. Shocked at how inexpensive all of them were. There's a sushi/sashimi bar/grocery market in Clawson that sells sashimi grade salmon for 2-3 times the prices in that vid. Their stuff is excellent. Personally, I'd trust the Clawson place before any fish purveyors mentioned.

Eel. Taste is good but the bits of vertebrae often found in the meat are off-putting. My OTB Italian FIL was an excellent cook. Was also into shock-and-awe. Purposely positioned a goat head in the freezer for an unsuspecting woman to see staring at her when she opened it.

He brought a cooler of live eels to the house one Christmas. Our four kids ranged from 11 to 4 years old at the time. Got them all sitting on stools on the other side of the counter peninsula. Set down a cutting board and proceeded to chop the heads off the eels. They squirmed all over the counter, headless for a couple minutes.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial things to watch this fall thread Empty Re: tOfficial things to watch this fall thread

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:19 pm

There's supposedly an eel farm coming to St Johns. People are worried about them escaping from the self contained tanks into a non-existent drainage ditch and exploding in population in the local creeks and rivers.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:20 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:There's supposedly an eel farm coming to St Johns. People are worried about them escaping from the self contained tanks into a non-existent drainage ditch and exploding in population in the local creeks and rivers.

If st john's can handle one of those tiger king dudes, the can handle some (gross) eels
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:15 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:There's supposedly an eel farm coming to St Johns. People are worried about them escaping from the self contained tanks into a non-existent drainage ditch and exploding in population in the local creeks and rivers.

tOfficial things to watch this fall thread 1550444538
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:20 pm

Keep an eye on my neighborhood this fall. It will be interesting to see if I ever wear pants. Did I say interesting? I meant damn sexy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:23 pm

Probably going to take a deep dive into the Criterion Collection once I figure out how to use my HBO Max subscription. I guess I have Apple TV as well but it seems like a piece of shit ap.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:27 pm

I hear leaves fall. Might watch that.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:22 pm

Seriously been thinking about a trip Up North next month...the best fall colors. Been saving vacation time in case I got covid but, what the fuck.

Still undecided. If I do, will take coolers and be taking pasty orders.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down