Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial ask Pantry to review things thread

+10
Nordic
Death Roe
Cameron
steveschneider
The Pantry
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

tOfficial ask Pantry to review things thread Empty tOfficial ask Pantry to review things thread

Post by kingstonlake 2018-11-02, 19:34

I deem Pantry the official Swill compare and contrast spokesperson. His candy bar reviews have me intrigued. So let it be written. So let it be done.

Pantry whenever you get some time, what are your thoughts on the halogen bulb vs the LED bulb?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

tOfficial ask Pantry to review things thread Empty Re: tOfficial ask Pantry to review things thread

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-11-02, 19:36

Mike & Ike vs Good & Plenty
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

tOfficial ask Pantry to review things thread Empty Re: tOfficial ask Pantry to review things thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-02, 19:43

Long John Silver's vs. Captain D's seafood
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-11-02, 19:45

WBH, that gave me another idea: Bray's vs Telway.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-11-02, 19:46

Applebee’s vs T.G.I. Friday’s
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-11-02, 19:46

Lets try to limit it to a few per week guys......
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-11-02, 19:48

Tom Cruise hotness..... Top Gun vs Top Gun II
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-11-02, 20:05

Twizzlers v Red Vines.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-11-02, 20:07

Home Depot v Lowe’s.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-02, 20:12

Sativa vs Indica
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-11-02, 20:16

LooseGoose wrote:Sativa vs Indica

You might need to pony up the test items.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-02, 20:27

tGreenWay wrote:

That could happen. This comparison would pair well with the Vines or Applebee's test.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-11-02, 20:40

Indica.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-11-02, 20:46

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That could happen. This comparison would pair well with the Vines or Applebee's test.

tOfficial ask Pantry to review things thread 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-02, 22:16

Real challenge for P.

Order the same shit from Noble and Sapporo. Take home. Taste test.

Took my son to Sapporo after school today waiting for my daughter's after school activity to finish. We killed it. They kinda love me there. Tiffany is awesome.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-11-02, 23:24

kingstonlake wrote:I deem Pantry the official Swill compare and contrast spokesperson. His candy bar reviews have me intrigued. So let it be written. So let it be done.

Pantry whenever you get some time, what are your thoughts on the halogen bulb vs the LED bulb?
First of all, thank you for honoring me with this thread. Will attempt to answer any reasonable comparisons.

Odd you picked lighting to be first. Hewlett-Packard approached the company I worked for over 30 years in the early 2000's for our technology in joining dissimilar metals. They wanted us to build machines to fasten LED's to stamped substrates for various lighting applications. Went through 3 generations of machines, all PC instead of PLC controlled...was the way HP wanted it. They had some of their people parked in our office/shop for well over a year until they had collected enough information to not need our expertise anymore.

LED
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-11-02, 23:28

Floyd Robertson wrote:Mike & Ike vs Good & Plenty
Good & Plenty
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-11-02, 23:33

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Long John Silver's vs. Captain D's seafood
What is Captain D's?

Arthur Treacher's was better than LJS
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-11-02, 23:37

Floyd Robertson wrote:WBH, that gave me another idea: Bray's vs Telway.
Never had Bray's so have to go with Telway.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-11-02, 23:45

tGreenWay wrote:Home Depot v Lowe’s.
HD. They sell a variety of wood chunks. Lowe's only sells wood chips.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-11-02, 23:47

Not in my wheelhouse. Will ask my kid.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-11-03, 00:17

The Pantry wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I deem Pantry the official Swill compare and contrast spokesperson. His candy bar reviews have me intrigued. So let it be written. So let it be done.

First of all, thank you for honoring me with this thread. Will attempt to answer any reasonable comparisons.

Odd you picked lighting to be first. Hewlett-Packard approached the company I worked for over 30 years in the early 2000's for our technology in joining dissimilar metals. They wanted us to build machines to fasten LED's to stamped substrates for various lighting applications. Went through 3 generations of machines, all PC instead of PLC controlled...was the way HP wanted it. They had some of their people parked in our office/shop for well over a year until they had collected enough information to not need our expertise anymore.

LED

Sir, I appreciate your feedback. Halogens burned hot bud. It cracks me up then I can grab a 1600 lumen bulb by the bulb and not feel a touch of heat. Crazy.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-11-03, 08:52

I noticed in the other thread you were upset by the quality of the cookie in both Twix and Kit Kats. Would you mind reviewing Keebler Fudge stripe cookies and Oreos? Tia.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-11-03, 11:05

Peanut butter M&Ms vs. Reese's Pieces
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-11-03, 14:16

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Real challenge for P.

Order the same shit from Noble and Sapporo. Take home. Taste test.

Took my son to Sapporo after school today waiting for my daughter's after school activity to finish. We killed it. They kinda love me there. Tiffany is awesome.
This sounds like a good one. What would you suggest? I prefer raw fish sushi as opposed to veggie or tempura.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-03, 14:19

I get the same thing every time there now, I've settled on a routine.

Rainbow roll, yellow tail maki roll, Tuna w/ avocado or tuna w/ cucumber roll.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-11-03, 14:32

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I get the same thing every time there now, I've settled on a routine.

Rainbow roll, yellow tail maki roll, Tuna w/ avocado or tuna w/ cucumber roll.
Okay. I'll look for something comparable at Noble. I usually go for the spicy tuna and a number of sashimi's out of the fish case.

Does Sapporo have a house spicy sauce? Noble's is pretty good.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-03, 14:34

I am not sure what they use....I don't get anything spicy because of my mayo hangup.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-03, 14:35

I believe it is house, actually. I did try something spicy early on to see if I could tolerate it and it was way too creamy for me. I think the stock spicy mayo is a little less creamy, but not my area of expertise.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-11-03, 15:10

Applebee's vs. Ruth's Chris Steak House
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-11-03, 15:12

Death Roe wrote:Applebee's vs. Ruth's Chris Steak House

We’ll need goodbar to review Applebee’s.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-11-03, 15:22

Chick-fil-A vs. KFC
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-11-03, 15:45

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I believe it is house, actually. I did try something spicy early on to see if I could tolerate it and it was way too creamy for me. I think the stock spicy mayo is a little less creamy, but not my area of expertise.
Find aversion to mayonnaise fascinating. Its two main ingredients are egg yolks and olive oil. Is it a taste or texture thing? Do you hate eggs, or only like them done certain ways?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-11-03, 15:55

Lewerke' hair vs. Rocky's hair?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-03, 16:09

Nordic wrote:Lewerke' hair vs. Rocky's hair?

This should be paired with the Applebee's v Ruth's Chris comparison for blow out week.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-03, 16:10

The Pantry wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I believe it is house, actually. I did try something spicy early on to see if I could tolerate it and it was way too creamy for me. I think the stock spicy mayo is a little less creamy, but not my area of expertise.
Find aversion to mayonnaise fascinating. Its two main ingredients are egg yolks and olive oil. Is it a taste or texture thing? Do you hate eggs, or only like them done certain ways?

I do not like the consistency of anything creamy that is non-sweet. I can eat ice cream, whipped cream, etc. Mayo, ranch, sour cream, etc make me want to barf. I will not eat cream cheese on a bagel but I don't mind cheesecake because it is not as creamy. I like the flavor of the garlic sauce you get with mediterranean food but I have to spread it really thin to make it tolerable to consume.

It is my thing and I own it but that shit is all fucking disgusting and anyone that disagrees is wrong.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-11-03, 16:13

Death Roe wrote:Chick-fil-A vs. KFC
Never tried Chick-fil-A. Looking at their menu, comparing them to KFC would be sorta apples-to-oranges since CFA is mostly sandwiches and chicken bits. If their chicken is so good why can't you order a bucket of breasts, thighs, wings, and drumsticks?

KFC ftw. btw...Popeyes, Church's, and Chicken Shack are all very far behind the Colonel's original secret recipe.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-03, 16:14

The Pantry wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Chick-fil-A vs. KFC
Never tried Chick-fil-A. Looking at their menu, comparing them to KFC would be sorta apples-to-oranges since CFA is mostly sandwiches and chicken bits. If their chicken is so good why can't you order a bucket of breasts, thighs, wings, and drumsticks?

KFC ftw. btw...Popeyes, Church's, and Chicken Shack are all very far behind the Colonel's original secret recipe.

All of the named +BoJangles and Lee's Famous beat the Colonel.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-03, 16:16

Popeye's has fallen pretty hard, Goose. They used to be great. Now they are pretty bad.

Pantry there is a new-ish place called Gus's that people rave about. There's one on Woodward just N of 13 on the West side. I have yet to try it but I mean to.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-11-03, 16:17

Chick-fil-A would make their chicken available in larger quantities, but they'd put KFC out of business pretty fast. Competition is good.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next