Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you wash new clothes before wearing them?

+12
Motown Spartan
Dendrobates
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
MSU addict
Rocinante
The Pantry
Heat Miser
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you wash new clothes before wearing them? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you wash new clothes before wearing them?

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-13, 10:02

I don't wash them when I buy them new. With all the social distancing and work from home I haven't really been buying many clothes.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Do you wash new clothes before wearing them? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you wash new clothes before wearing them?

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-13, 10:04

Motown Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I don't try stuff on. I know the sizes I need and I stick within the same brands/cuts.

I'm a simple dude.

Do cargo shorts even come in petite?

Do you wash new clothes before wearing them? - Page 2 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-13, 11:19

tGreenWay wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Do cargo shorts even come in petite?

Do you wash new clothes before wearing them? - Page 2 502811600
I prefer to call them "junior miss" size.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-10-13, 11:21

tGreenWay wrote:Normally, I don’t. With covid, though, I don’t know who handled the shirts I bought. I know the virus doesn’t last long on porous surfaces, I’m thinking maybe I should give these things a good scrubbing, first.

Do you wash new clothes before wearing them? - Page 2 Its-something-filthy-GIF
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-10-13, 11:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Nordic wrote:

You already tried it on.  Do you wash new clothes before wearing them? - Page 2 2599972566

I live my life around mitigating waste. Washing new clothes is a waste of time, water and detergent.  I'm on team Greenway/Pantry.
I don't try stuff on. I know the sizes I need and I stick within the same brands/cuts.

I'm a simple dude.

I wish that worked with women. We never know what size we actually are. It’s usually 3 different sizes, so we have to try shit on. Then it depends on where your curves are.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-10-13, 11:26

Btw. Most of you may not realize that kids/baby clothes say on the tag that you need to wash them beforehand.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-13, 11:54

Dendrobates wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I'm a simple dude.

I wish that worked with women. We never know what size we actually are. It’s usually 3 different sizes, so we have to try shit on. Then it depends on where your curves are.
I hear ya - my wife says the same thing.

I rarely throw on more than a pair of jeans (Levis 511's), a pair of boots, and a band tshirt.. a flannel shirt, a jacket of some sort (LL Bean or North Face Do you wash new clothes before wearing them? - Page 2 1494614055 ) and I'm out the door.

but, yeah, I know that a lot of women and some dudes who have to adhere to a dress code (either external or self-imposed) have it a little more difficult.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-13, 14:53

Dendrobates wrote:Btw. Most of you may not realize that kids/baby clothes say on the tag that you need to wash them beforehand.

That’s interesting. Are children’s clothes still fire retardant? I wonder if that’s why.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-13, 14:55

tGreenWay wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:Btw. Most of you may not realize that kids/baby clothes say on the tag that you need to wash them beforehand.

That’s interesting. Are children’s clothes still fire retardant? I wonder if that’s why.
I suspect it has more to do with the sensitivities (both known and unknown) with children and all of the chemicals contained within new clothes (dyes, formaldehyde, etc).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-10-13, 15:10

tGreenWay wrote:

Only one way to find out...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-13, 15:25

Cameron wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Only one way to find out...

Hey Dendro, when are you bringing the new urchin to EL for her first visit to campus?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-10-13, 17:19

That makes sense. My no wash policy applies only to clothes I buy for myself. When my ~once-a-year LL Bean order comes, I enjoy taking the items out of the packaging on the morning I first wear them.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-10-13, 17:21

I do enjoy socks fresh from the pack. I sometimes think I might just stop washing socks and buy new ones every week, but that would be so wasteful.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-10-13, 17:30

The Pantry wrote:
That makes sense. My no wash policy applies only to clothes I buy for myself. When my ~once-a-year LL Bean order comes, I enjoy taking the items out of the packaging on the morning I first wear them.

You’re so basic!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-10-13, 17:34

Motown Spartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:That makes sense. My no wash policy applies only to clothes I buy for myself. When my ~once-a-year LL Bean order comes, I enjoy taking the items out of the packaging on the morning I first wear them.

You’re so basic!

Odds he owns an LL Bean tumbler? 94%
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-10-13, 17:37

kingstonlake wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

You’re so basic!

I’ll take the over.

He’s so basic he where’s Ugg boots, a scarf and fills his LL Bean tumbler with pumpkin spice latte.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-10-13, 18:03

Motown Spartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I’ll take the over.

He’s so basic he where’s Ugg boots, a scarf and fills his LL Bean tumbler with pumpkin spice latte.

Then transitions to peppermint latte around mid November.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-10-13, 18:08

Motown Spartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:That makes sense. My no wash policy applies only to clothes I buy for myself. When my ~once-a-year LL Bean order comes, I enjoy taking the items out of the packaging on the morning I first wear them.

You’re so basic!
Yep. Definitely not a fashionista. Just like some of their stuff and been buying the same shirts, slacks/jeans for years.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-10-13, 18:51

Cameron wrote:I do enjoy socks fresh from the pack. I sometimes think I might just stop washing socks and buy new ones every week, but that would be so wasteful.

Dude. That is one of the best feelings in the world. Once you wash them, it is not the same.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Cameron like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2