Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you wash new clothes before wearing them?

+12
Motown Spartan
Dendrobates
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
MSU addict
Rocinante
The Pantry
Heat Miser
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you wash new clothes before wearing them? Empty Do you wash new clothes before wearing them?

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-12, 18:31

Normally, I don’t. With covid, though, I don’t know who handled the shirts I bought. I know the virus doesn’t last long on porous surfaces, I’m thinking maybe I should give these things a good scrubbing, first.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Do you wash new clothes before wearing them? Empty Re: Do you wash new clothes before wearing them?

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-10-12, 18:33

I don't, but if you really want to be safe, pound your clothes with rocks down by the river. You have to beat the covid out.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Do you wash new clothes before wearing them? Empty Re: Do you wash new clothes before wearing them?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-12, 18:36

I do. Always have.. most people are pretty dirty and you have no idea who has been handling the clothes beforehand, and also the dyes used kinda freak me out.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-10-12, 18:39

tGreenWay wrote:Normally, I don’t. With covid, though, I don’t know who handled the shirts I bought. I know the virus doesn’t last long on porous surfaces, I’m thinking maybe I should give these things a good scrubbing, first.

Why am I not surprised. Do you wash new clothes before wearing them? 2809484752
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-12, 20:24

Floyd Robertson wrote:I don't, but if you really want to be safe, pound your clothes with rocks down by the river. You have to beat the covid out.

Good idea. I already have my van down there.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-10-12, 20:41

Of course. Gotta get the creases out.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-10-12, 21:10

Fuck no.  Wore a straight-out-of-package LL Bean shirt to work few weeks ago.  Thought I got them all.  Guy standing behind me to get temperature checked was kind enough to pick a label off the back of the collar.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-10-12, 21:23

Of course. God you people are strange.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

MSU addict and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-10-12, 21:31

The correct answer is yes.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-12, 21:52

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Normally, I don’t. With covid, though, I don’t know who handled the shirts I bought. I know the virus doesn’t last long on porous surfaces, I’m thinking maybe I should give these things a good scrubbing, first.

Why am I not surprised. Do you wash new clothes before wearing them? 2809484752

You probably washed your winter coat before you wore it the first time, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-10-12, 21:53

The fact that someone is out there wearing underwear that I tried on without washing it first is pretty kinky tbh
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-12, 21:54

Rocinante wrote:Of course. God you people are strange.

Germaphobe alert.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-12, 21:57

No, the underwear at Goodwill is usually clean enough as is.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-12, 21:58

MiamiSpartan wrote:No, the underwear at Goodwill is usually clean enough as is.

Truth.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-10-12, 22:02

9 times out of 10.

The ones where I haven't, I meant to and forgot until I wanted to wear it right away. Which usually ends up being some new msu shirt.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-10-12, 22:07

You libs are so weird.

Please tell me about your worst camping experience Do you wash new clothes before wearing them? 276803595
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-10-12, 22:15

Yes. Because some of y’all don’t wash ya balls.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-10-12, 22:23

The Pantry wrote:You libs are so weird.  

Please tell me about your worst camping experience Do you wash new clothes before wearing them? 276803595
If it qualifies as camping - we were caught in a flood during a two week field exercise in November with Pershing missiles near Grafenwoehr Germany.  It sucked -  around 10% of the unit ended up hospitalized.  

The correct answer is that you should wash new clothes to remove chemical residues leftover from manufacturing.  Also unwashed dark clothes tend to stain other clothing (and skin).
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-10-12, 22:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I do. Always have.. most people are pretty dirty and you have no idea who has been handling the clothes beforehand, and also the dyes used kinda freak me out.

You already tried it on.  Do you wash new clothes before wearing them? 2599972566

I live my life around mitigating waste. Washing new clothes is a waste of time, water and detergent.  I'm on team Greenway/Pantry.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-10-12, 22:35

MSU addict wrote:

If it qualifies as camping - we were caught in a flood during a two week field exercise in November with Pershing missiles near Grafenwoehr Germany.  It sucked -  around 10% of the unit ended up hospitalized.  

The correct answer is that you should wash new clothes to remove chemical residues leftover from manufacturing.
So, you went though that experience and are still worried about taking a shirt, pants, underwear, etc out of plastic wrappers? Do you also throw new shoes in the washer before wearing them?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-10-12, 22:36

MSU addict wrote:

Do you wash new clothes before wearing them? 3775540924
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-10-12, 22:37

The Pantry wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

The correct answer is that you should wash new clothes to remove chemical residues leftover from manufacturing.
So, you went though that experience and are still worried about taking a shirt, pants, underwear, etc out of plastic wrappers?  Do you also throw new shoes in the washer before wearing them?

He's gotta point.  Do you wash new clothes before wearing them? 276803595
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-10-12, 22:39

MSU addict wrote:

So, you went though that experience and are still worried about taking a shirt, pants, underwear, etc out of plastic wrappers?  Do you also throw new shoes in the washer before wearing them?
Why don't you tell us about your underarm deodorant again.

Last edited by MSU addict on 2020-10-12, 22:46; edited 1 time in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-10-12, 22:43

No fucking aluminum oxide. That issue is real.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-10-12, 22:49

So explain you aversion to washing new clothes before wearing them.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-10-12, 22:50

No aversion. It's just not necessary.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-10-12, 22:52

Unwashed clothes don't look good with the creases and all, they don't smell good - but hey you be you.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-12, 22:54

MSU addict wrote:So explain you aversion to washing new clothes before wearing them.

I didn’t sense Pantry has an aversion. You’re making that up, you silly lib.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-12, 22:56

MSU addict wrote:Unwashed clothes don't look good with the creases and all, they don't smell good - but hey you be you.

I’ll wash new clothes if the directions specifically say to. If chemicals were a real issue, you can bet the manufacturers would put a disclaimer on the label.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-12, 23:00

The Pantry wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

So, you went though that experience and are still worried about taking a shirt, pants, underwear, etc out of plastic wrappers? Do you also throw new shoes in the washer before wearing them?

Exactly. And extending the “wash first” crowd’s (il)logic even further, do they have the interiors detailed on new or used car purchases? Have their new sofas steam cleaned before sitting on them?
Come on, you freaks, show some consistency.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-10-12, 23:04

MSU addict wrote:Unwashed clothes don't look good with the creases and all, they don't smell good - but hey you be you.
They don't smell bad either.

Style on, good smeller. What's your fragrance of choice?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-12, 23:06

The Pantry wrote:

Style on, good smeller. What's your fragrance of choice?

Based on earlier comments, Imma go with napalm.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-10-12, 23:14

Unwashed camo cargo shorts with a bottle of Old Spice for everyone!

Do you wash new clothes before wearing them? 4113017228 Greenway's buying the shorts. Addict is buying the Old Spice.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-10-12, 23:24

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Style on, good smeller.  What's your fragrance of choice?

Based on earlier comments, Imma go with napalm.
Only on gamedays - because it smells like victory.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

MiamiSpartan and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-10-12, 23:26

Goodnight you cheap ass lazy fucks.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-10-12, 23:35

Do you wash new clothes before wearing them? 502811600
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-13, 00:46

MSU addict wrote:Goodnight you cheap ass lazy fucks.

Do you wash new clothes before wearing them? 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-13, 08:28

Nordic wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I do. Always have.. most people are pretty dirty and you have no idea who has been handling the clothes beforehand, and also the dyes used kinda freak me out.

You already tried it on.  Do you wash new clothes before wearing them? 2599972566

I live my life around mitigating waste. Washing new clothes is a waste of time, water and detergent.  I'm on team Greenway/Pantry.
I don't try stuff on. I know the sizes I need and I stick within the same brands/cuts.

I'm a simple dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-10-13, 09:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I don't try stuff on. I know the sizes I need and I stick within the same brands/cuts.

I'm a simple dude.

Do cargo shorts even come in petite?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-13, 09:36

Motown Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I'm a simple dude.

Do cargo shorts even come in petite?
Do you wash new clothes before wearing them? 1966794946
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next