Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolves or coyotes?

+13
Rick Saunders
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
MSU addict
WhiteBoyHatcher
Turtleneck
Motown Spartan
Jake from State Farm
The Pantry
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
MattyFresh
kingstonlake
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wolves or coyotes? - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolves or coyotes?

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-29, 09:38

DWags wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

"Trap wound" of that nature if it were some sort of jaw trap seems pretty low on the leg to have held a live wolf, would think if the wolf had any time in the trap, it might have pulled free or just left the bottom of that leg in the trap.  Also, would think that any trap with enough force to hold a wolf would have crushed the bones.

I wonder why the farmer whose land they were on, claims that he thinks it might’ve been there for over a year?  What proof does he have?  Did these hunters have a connection to him?  They were hunting on his land.   Also, They say there are hundreds of Trail cameras in the area, If it was there for a year, you would think maybe one of them would get a shot

Hunter, who shot the Wolf, is either the greatest actor I’ve ever read, or very naïve, but he comes off as being woefully, ignorant of the laws of Michigan.  

It doesn’t matter if he didn’t know it was a wolf, if you are walking out in the woods with a loaded gun, you better know what you were shooting at  

Somehow, I thought that steel jaw traps were outlawed in Michigan, but I might be wrong on that.  All the trappable critters allowed in Michigan are less than half the size of a wolf, so unlikely that a legal coyote trap would hold a full-sized wolf.  Of course, it could have been trapped as a pup and raised in captivity.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

DWags and Polydorus like this post

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3