Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do You Think You Could Make It On Sports Radio?

+15
DWags
The Pantry
Dendrobates
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
Motown Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
AvgMSUJoe
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do You Think You Could Make It On Sports Radio?  Empty Do You Think You Could Make It On Sports Radio?

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-20, 15:29

I think I could absolutely make it. I listen to Mike Valenti whenever there's some big deal going on in Michigan sports. I haven't listened to him in a while and find his show grating after I while. I bet I could produce his show and improve it to keep the listeners tuned in. As a host I don't think I could topple his shows rating numbers but the few times I've tried to tune into the shows in the morning and after his I know I could do better than those shows. I bet I could easily be #2 on that station no question about it

I do know I'm smarter than Mike Sullivan and could do a much better job than he ever did. You read band bios and when you see musicians say I knew when I saw the Velvet Underground that I could start a band well Mike Sullivan was my "Velvet Underground"...when I heard him I just knew I have the goods to make it in that business.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Do You Think You Could Make It On Sports Radio?  Empty Re: Do You Think You Could Make It On Sports Radio?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-10-20, 15:33

Spoiler alert: You don't get paid shit unless you're at the top of the profession.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Do You Think You Could Make It On Sports Radio?  Empty Re: Do You Think You Could Make It On Sports Radio?

Post by kingstonlake 2020-10-20, 15:33

Depends on how good looking she is.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-10-20, 15:37

I would rather grate my eyeballs out slowly one scrape at a time with a fishhook.

I have no doubt steve could do it though
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-20, 15:44

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Spoiler alert: You don't get paid shit unless you're at the top of the profession.

For me it would be a labor of love. If money followed it would just mean I was being true to myself and I’m sure that would carry over the air waves. The audience can tell if you are faking it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-10-20, 15:51

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I would rather grate my eyeballs out slowly one scrape at a time with a fishhook.

Correct answer... just think of all the idiots. So. Many. Idiots.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-20, 15:51

When I was younger, sure. Now? No chance. The fire in my belly for that isnt strong enough anymore. I’m too comfortable now. It would also be problematic for me to try relating to pinheads (like myself) calling in. OTOH, most of the dimwits calling in to these shows enjoy getting abused as long as they can hear themselves on the air.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-10-20, 15:51

The only thing more predictable than sports radio is travis’ sanctimonious take on the subject. Do You Think You Could Make It On Sports Radio?  1494614055
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-20, 15:52

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I would rather grate my eyeballs out slowly one scrape at a time with a fishhook.

That’s where there is the opportunity dude. Someone needs to make these shows more captivating and intellectually stimulating. I could definitely make a more listenable show.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-10-20, 15:54

I can talk loud and fast. So yeah, I can do any kind of talk radio. It has nothing to do with intelligence, Steve. The whole gig is about personality.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-20, 16:05

if Mad Dog can make it in the Lansing market (granted, he probably has 3-4 listeners), anyone can.

not only is he about as sharp as a creek rock, but his grasp on the English language (basic grammar, etc) is nothing less than tragic. If you're not familiar with his show, you'd really have to listen to it to begin to understand how bad he is at his job.

I listen periodically because it's almost like a comedy sketch. I've often wondered if the joke is on the listeners.. (probably is) - Do You Think You Could Make It On Sports Radio?  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-10-20, 16:15

He sounds smart.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-20, 16:15

steveschneider wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

That’s where there is the opportunity dude. Someone needs to make these shows more captivating and intellectually stimulating. I could definitely make a more listenable show.

Anyone craving intellectual stimulation knows not to find it on sports talk radio.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-20, 16:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:if Mad Dog can make it in the Lansing market (granted, he probably has 3-4 listeners), anyone can.

not only is he about as sharp as a creek rock, but his grasp on the English language (basic grammar, etc) is nothing less than tragic. If you're not familiar with his show, you'd really have to listen to it to begin to understand how bad he is at his job.

I listen periodically because it's almost like a comedy sketch. I've often wondered if the joke is on the listeners.. (probably is) - Do You Think You Could Make It On Sports Radio?  502811600

First met Dave around ‘90ish. He’s a good guy, actually a very nice guy who means well. What you hear on his show is exactly as he is off air. It’s no schtick, which is why some people can only take him in low doses on air or off. He also wears way too much cologne, but that’s a separate issue.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-10-20, 16:23

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Anyone craving intellectual stimulation knows not to find it on sports talk radio.

Or from any of your posts.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-20, 16:32

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I mean they aren't looking for E=MC^2 shit on their sports radio but I think they are looking for something along the lines of the British Top Gear. Something not too high brow but still stimulating. Gotta have balance.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-10-20, 17:41

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I mean they aren't looking for E=MC^2 shit on their sports radio but I think they are looking for something along the lines of the British Top Gear. Something not too high brow but still stimulating. Gotta have balance.

You think that is what they are looking for, but is that what you observe? They are just looking for over the top people who are willing to confidently impose their stupidity on others.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-20, 17:43

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Or from any of your posts.

You sonuvabitch.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-20, 17:56

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You are grossly overestimating the average IQ of the typical person willing and able to listen to extended lengths of your sports talk show.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-10-20, 18:14

Yet another thing that Steve claims he understands but demonstrates the exact opposite.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and The Pantry like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-20, 18:36

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

You are grossly overestimating the average IQ of the typical person willing and able to listen to extended lengths of your sports talk show.

I’m convinced there’s a market for an elevated sports show. Also that type of listener would elevate the type of sponsors you could bring in. More money dude.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-10-20, 18:39

I really don’t care enough about sports in general to ever get good enough at it.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-10-20, 18:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yet another thing that Steve claims he understands but demonstrates the exact opposite.

Starting to think Steve is actually perfect for the job.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-10-20, 18:57

I'd listen to your show, Steve.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-20, 19:05

I think Rich Eisen can get a little highbrow. I think he’s in the realm of what I’m after but I think there’s a lot of room for improvement on his show too.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-10-20, 19:13

Do You Think You Could Make It On Sports Radio?  502811600  Fucking steve. "Sports talk radio host" is actually kind of a perfect description of your intelligence level.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-20, 19:14

tGreenWay wrote:When I was younger, sure. Now? No chance. The fire in my belly for that isnt strong enough anymore. I’m too comfortable now. It would also be problematic for me to try relating to pinheads (like myself) calling in. OTOH, most of the dimwits calling in to these shows enjoy getting abused as long as they can hear themselves on the air.

I'm not here to tear people down I'm here to build people up. Greenway, I believe you'd crush it with a sports talk radio show. If you get one going let me know I'll be a regular listener.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-10-20, 19:28

I could do a sports news reporter job. But not radio. That would be too boring for me.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-10-20, 19:39

I can't believe anyone listens to sports radio.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-20, 19:58

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:if Mad Dog can make it in the Lansing market (granted, he probably has 3-4 listeners), anyone can.

First met Dave around ‘90ish. He’s a good guy, actually a very nice guy who means well. What you hear on his show is exactly as he is off air. It’s no schtick, which is why some people can only take him in low doses on air or off. He also wears way too much cologne, but that’s a separate issue.
I've talked with him a time or two at remotes, tailgates, etc. Yeah, nice enough guy.. I just can't believe he has a job in communications with the way he communicates.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-10-20, 20:11

The Pantry wrote:I can't believe anyone listens to sports radio.

It’s worse than if somebody just read Trump’s tweets on air all day.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-10-20, 20:31

Turtleneck wrote:

But, not as bad as listening to fictitious Biden ads, one after another. He and the DNC are spreading more manure per day than US farmers do in a year.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-20, 22:05

The Pantry wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

But, not as bad as listening to fictitious Biden ads, one after another. He and the DNC are spreading more manure per day than US farmers do in a year.

Your Joe rage is showing.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-10-20, 22:07

Biden Derangement Syndrome
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-20, 22:28

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:When I was younger, sure. Now? No chance. The fire in my belly for that isnt strong enough anymore. I’m too comfortable now. It would also be problematic for me to try relating to pinheads (like myself) calling in. OTOH, most of the dimwits calling in to these shows enjoy getting abused as long as they can hear themselves on the air.

I'm not here to tear people down I'm here to build people up. Greenway, I believe you'd crush it with a sports talk radio show. If you get one going let me know I'll be a regular listener.

Like I said earlier, I’m not interested. I’d sling drinks before returning to radio. Appreciate the desire to build me up, Steve, but I’m already up. I’m fat and sassy and it’s time for the young and hungry to handle things.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-10-20, 22:47

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Like I said earlier, I’m not interested. I’d sling drinks before returning to radio. Appreciate the desire to build me up, Steve, but I’m already up. I’m fat and sassy and it’s time for the young and hungry to handle things.

You sound lazy, bro.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-20, 23:18

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You sound lazy, bro.

You have no idea. I’d explain it further but it seems like too much work.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

SPARTASOTAN and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-10-21, 03:24

Turtleneck wrote:

Or listen to Rush Limbaugh.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-10-21, 03:28

I have no doubt steve could do it though

I did that at a staff meeting once. It probably wasn’t worth it. To this day I don’t know if the blow hard speaking in a monotone voice about keeping the staff lounge and refrigerator clean got my point.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-10-21, 03:29

Motown Spartan wrote:I really don’t care enough about sports in general to ever get good enough at it.

You’d be perfect.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next