Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies you watch whenever they’re on

+24
Pervis Muldoon
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
CORNER BLITZ
GRR Spartan
Nordic
DWags
Floyd Robertson
Heat Miser
The Pantry
MSU addict
Rocinante
Cameron
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
Robert J Sakimano
gomersbro
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
Other Teams Pursuing That
kingstonlake
Dendrobates
Motown Spartan
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Movies you watch whenever they’re on - Page 3 Empty Re: Movies you watch whenever they’re on

Post by The Pantry 2021-10-12, 23:02

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Good movie but not always for me. Have to be in a certain mood.

You have to be in a certain mood to watch Castaway? I'm sure Tom Hanks wished he had that luxury, but he didn't. No, Tom Hanks was forced to fend for himself on that island no matter what his mood was. Hopeful? Frightened? Lonely? Too bad. He still had to fish and build a fire and perform self-dentistry and try to find a way back to civilization. All so that you can watch the movie...if you're in a "certain mood". You should be ashamed of yourself.

Hey, how about Groundhog Day? That's another good one!
Didn't like GD first time seeing it. Grew on me. Good flick.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Movies you watch whenever they’re on - Page 3 Empty Re: Movies you watch whenever they’re on

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-10-12, 23:07

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Red October playing again on BBC at 11pm. Hope I'm deep in sleep by then Movies you watch whenever they’re on - Page 3 1550444538

I can only dream of being asleep by 11 pm.

Movies you watch whenever they’re on - Page 3 4113017228 see wut I did there? Movies you watch whenever they’re on - Page 3 1494614055

Wbh do you see this shit
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-12, 23:14

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Movies you watch whenever they’re on - Page 3 4113017228 see wut I did there? Movies you watch whenever they’re on - Page 3 1494614055
You need a new job.

Pantry, you up?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-12, 23:21

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Good movie but not always for me. Have to be in a certain mood.

You have to be in a certain mood to watch Castaway? I'm sure Tom Hanks wished he had that luxury, but he didn't. No, Tom Hanks was forced to fend for himself on that island no matter what his mood was. Hopeful? Frightened? Lonely? Too bad. He still had to fish and build a fire and perform self-dentistry and try to find a way back to civilization. All so that you can watch the movie...if you're in a "certain mood". You should be ashamed of yourself.

Hey, how about Groundhog Day? That's another good one!

If Tom Hanks hadn’t been such a coward he would’ve offed himself when he built the hangman’s contraption on top of that mountain. But noooo, he was afraid he’d get in trouble for ending the movie early because of those mean old contractual obligations.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-10-12, 23:23

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:You need a new job.

Pantry, you up?

Bruh, just PM him your booty call.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-12, 23:25

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Wbh do you see this shit

Movies you watch whenever they’re on - Page 3 502811600 I wondered the exact same thing. Movies you watch whenever they’re on - Page 3 1966794946
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-12, 23:26

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Pantry, you up?

Bruh, just PM him your booty call.

No booty. No call. I wondered if he was in a deep sleep like he’d hoped. I’ll probably be awake for another four hours, minimum.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-12, 23:31

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Good, but sometimes I just need more dialogue.

Dialogue?  Dialogue?!  Tom Hanks had no one to fucking talk to.  Except a ball.  That's it.  A ball with a face made from Tom's own bloody handprint.  Yes, Tom Hanks bled so that he could humanize a ball and give you some precious dialogue.  Personification made possible by blood sacrifice in a desolate world...while you sit on your couch and complain that there's not enough dialogue.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles is another movie that I can't turn off!

Ball? Ball? Ball? Wilson was just a ball to you? How cruel are you? I’ll answer that. Very! Very cruel!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2021-10-13, 08:15

If Tom Hanks wanted to off himself in Cast Away why didn't he just jump off the cliff?
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-10-13, 08:20

MSU addict wrote:If Tom Hanks wanted to off himself in Cast Away why didn't he just jump off the cliff?

Too messy. Would have required a closed-casket funeral.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-10-13, 08:27

MSU addict wrote:If Tom Hanks wanted to off himself in Cast Away why didn't he just jump off the cliff?

He died when Wilson left him. The rest of the movie was a dream.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-13, 11:30

If Tom Hanks wanted to prevent the entire “Should i off myself?” scenario and avoid all that time on the island with Wilson, he should’ve thrown the pilot out of his chair on the FedEx transport and grabbed the controls himself, leveling off the plane and landing safely in Bora Bora or Tahiti or some other exotic, populated out of the way place. Packages would’ve been saved and his pasty white scalp would’ve gotten a nice tan and he still could’ve seen a dentist for that problem tooth.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-13, 11:37

Floyd Robertson wrote:

And being the only one with arms on the island, there wouldn’t have been anyone around to close the lid. Plus, no pallbearers to walk the casket to the hearse, so the body would just sit in the box in the hot sun doing what we in Michigan oddly call broasting.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-10-13, 11:53

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

And being the only one with arms on the island, there wouldn’t have been anyone around to close the lid. Plus, no pallbearers to walk the casket to the hearse, so the body would just sit in the box in the hot sun doing what we in Michigan oddly call broasting.

My dad's first job was at The House of Chicken Broasted. His boss was Stan. Lots of stories about that place.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-13, 11:58

Motown Spartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

My dad's first job was at The House of Chicken Broasted. His boss was Stan. Lots of stories about that place.

Stan. Fucking Stan.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2021-10-13, 13:35

Another reason not to re-watch Cast Away - I want to know what the fuck was in the unopened package.

The same sense I had after watching The Shawshank Redemption.  What did he originally bury under that rock that he wanted Red to have if he died?  At least in that case I could read the book and find out.

Last edited by MSU addict on 2023-01-21, 13:09; edited 1 time in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-13, 14:38

MSU addict wrote:Another reason not to re-watch Cast Away - I want to know what the fuck was in the opened package.

The same sense I had after watching The Shawshank Redemption. What did he originally bury under that rock that he wanted Red to have if he died? At least in that case I could read the book and find out.

The murder weapon he used to Movies you watch whenever they’re on - Page 3 3836498553 his wife.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2021-10-13, 17:20

MSU addict wrote:Another reason not to re-watch Cast Away - I want to know what the fuck was in the opened package.

The same sense I had after watching The Shawshank Redemption. What did he originally bury under that rock that he wanted Red to have if he died? At least in that case I could read the book and find out.

In that package was Marsellus Wallace's soul. That's also what was buried under that rock.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-10-16, 20:52

Every Which Way But Loose coming up on TCM at 11. Haven't seen it in decades.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-06-04, 21:27

Cedar Rapids.
Except it's not on TV, but I think it should be. It's a movie most haven't heard of, but it's hilarious. If you like step brothers, 40 year old Virgin, hangover, etc. It was maybe more funny to us at the time this came out because we were living in Iowa then. You should still give it a shot if you haven't seen it.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-11-23, 20:04

Raiders OTLA just starting on Paramount.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-23, 20:19

So, I'm ready to start Die Hard, the christmas movie. I bought it last year when Venice Spartan (I think that's right) died. It had to be right around now that he did. It said "purchased 11/15/21". A tribute to him in the movie. Anybody know his real name?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-11-23, 21:53

DWags wrote:So, I'm ready to start Die Hard, the christmas movie. I bought it last year when Venice Spartan (I think that's right) died. It had to be right around now that he did. It said "purchased 11/15/21". A tribute to him in the movie. Anybody know his real name?

Kip Waldo
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-11-25, 16:32

Beverly Hills Cop just starting on VH1
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-11-27, 20:36

Pitch Perfect 1-3

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-11-27, 20:40

Movies you watch whenever they’re on - Page 3 Pxl_2053
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-11-27, 20:44

aualum06 wrote:Movies you watch whenever they’re on - Page 3 Pxl_2053

Caught most of it till the MSU game started.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

aualum06 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-27, 21:10

Lately my stop and watch has been Free Guy. I mean, I’ll stop just to listen to Logic’s 100 Miles and Running. Absolutely love that song.
Also, a decent spy movie called Anna, but it’s been a few months since I’ve seen that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-27, 21:55

I’m a pitch perfect fan.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-11-28, 11:20

There is nothing I watch when “it’s on” because I only stream. It’s almost 2023.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Other Teams Pursuing That like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-11-28, 11:37

Rocinante wrote:There is nothing I watch when “it’s on” because I only stream. It’s almost 2023.

I do both because I have YoutubeTV and it's fantastic. You and I happen to be two of the younger posters on this board.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-11-28, 20:24

Rocinante wrote:There is nothing I watch when “it’s on” because I only stream. It’s almost 2023.

There is plenty of live streaming.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-11-28, 20:57

Motown Spartan wrote:

I do both because I have YoutubeTV and it's fantastic. You and I happen to be two of the younger posters on this board.  

Who you calling old, sport?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-01-20, 23:43

Watching True Lies on BBC. Tom Arnold still funny as hell.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-01-21, 02:43

Motown Spartan wrote:

Well aren’t you mr. lah dee dah.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-01-21, 08:39

tGreenWay wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Well aren’t you mr. lah dee dah.

That’s what my business cards say.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-01-21, 09:06

Been thinking of dumping wow. YoutubeTV has all the stuff I watch and more.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-01-21, 09:17

The Pantry wrote:Been thinking of dumping wow. YoutubeTV has all the stuff I watch and more.

The only downside is local sports. I haven’t watched a pistons tigers or red wings game on tv in years. And Bally sports and their $20/month app can get fucked.

But if that’s not a concern then otherwise it’s great
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-01-21, 09:32

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Been thinking of dumping wow. YoutubeTV has all the stuff I watch and more.

The only downside is local sports. I haven’t watched a pistons tigers or red wings game on tv in years. And Bally sports and their $20/month app can get fucked.

I’ll happily pay for Ballys when one of those teams gives me a compelling reason to watch.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-01-21, 09:43

Motown Spartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

I’ll happily pay for Ballys when one of those teams gives me a compelling reason to watch.

No. They could be undefeated and I won’t do that. Ballys is owned by one of the most evil companies out there and I won’t give them a cent.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next