Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What or how much do you think Trump offers Shirkey and Chatfield to throw the Michigan election to Trump?

+13
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
GRR Spartan
Rocinante
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
Motown Spartan
steveschneider
Watch Out Pylon!
AvgMSUJoe
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
Jake from State Farm
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What or how much do you think Trump offers Shirkey and Chatfield to throw the Michigan election to Trump? - Page 2 Empty Re: What or how much do you think Trump offers Shirkey and Chatfield to throw the Michigan election to Trump?

Post by Floyd Robertson November 23rd 2020, 9:14 am

[tw]1330873674539393027[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

What or how much do you think Trump offers Shirkey and Chatfield to throw the Michigan election to Trump? - Page 2 Empty Re: What or how much do you think Trump offers Shirkey and Chatfield to throw the Michigan election to Trump?

Post by kingstonlake November 23rd 2020, 9:27 am

The electoral college should be completely abandoned. The election process for the house of representatives and Senate have adjusted criteria that ignore popular vote and or have weighted representation. The third branch of government should be a check on those two and exclusively rely on popular vote.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan November 23rd 2020, 11:52 am

kingstonlake wrote:The electoral college should be completely abandoned. The election process for the house of representatives and Senate have adjusted criteria that ignore popular vote and or have weighted representation. The third branch of government should be a check on those two and exclusively rely on popular vote.

Few western democracies elect their head of government by popular vote. The ones that do are primarily Latin American countries, and their governments aren't exactly models of stability over the last century or so. Canada and most of Europe have their heads of government elected by the legislature (head of state is different, as some are monarchies and many heads of state are largely ceremonial positions, so how heads of state are chosen is all over the map....no pun intended). As such, no one ever even knows what the popular vote is, because the people don't even cast votes for the head of government. Not that I'm saying that they are a model of perfection by any means either, just that it isn't like we are some outlier by not electing the head of government by popular vote. And I definitely prefer an elector college system to the legislature choosing the president.

I understand the argument that you're making about a popularly elected president balancing the House and Senate. And that is a good point, as I'm all about balance. But in that case, I would want the president's power as head of government to be severely scaled back. And honestly, I want the president's power as head of government to be severely scaled back regardless (I've often railed against executive orders here).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante November 23rd 2020, 1:37 pm

South American democracies aren’t stable because the US keeps fucking with them.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos November 23rd 2020, 1:39 pm

Yeah I’m not so sure on the implying that South American country’s politics are unstable due to deciding the election via popular vote thing. And by not so sure I mean that’s nonsense
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm November 23rd 2020, 1:43 pm

The Michigan Capitol is being overrun with Trumptards
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante November 23rd 2020, 1:52 pm

Call in the National guard!!!

Serious.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake November 23rd 2020, 2:19 pm

Watching the certification meeting. Shirkey will not be certifying. No way.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan November 23rd 2020, 2:26 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Yeah I’m not so sure on the implying that South American country’s politics are unstable due to deciding the election via popular vote thing. And by not so sure I mean that’s nonsense

I just mean that while they are examples from the Western world, they aren't exactly examples to look up to.

Not many developed countries have a popular vote that would be a good example to point to. But that's not to say that it can't work. The larger point, again, just being that it's not some outlier for the US to not have a popular vote decide the head of government. And I only point that out because people often act like it's this incomprehensible notion.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan November 23rd 2020, 2:27 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Watching the certification meeting. Shirkey will not be certifying. No way.

Is it up to him? I thought it's decided by 4 canvassers, none of which are Shirkey?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan November 23rd 2020, 2:31 pm

Rocinante wrote:South American democracies aren’t stable because the US keeps fucking with them.

This ain't the 1970s anymore.

Peru is now on their 3rd president in the last WEEK. 4th in 4 years. I'm not aware of anything that we've done to cause that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! November 23rd 2020, 2:36 pm

Gonna be 3-1. Everything everyone has mentioned, there is no reason whatsoever not to certify. Shirky will vote no because he's getting a lifetime supply of Trump steaks.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson November 23rd 2020, 2:38 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Gonna be 3-1. Everything everyone has mentioned, there is no reason whatsoever not to certify. Shirky will vote no because he's getting a lifetime supply of Trump steaks.

He doesn't get a vote, it's the guy named Shinkle that is a Trump stooge.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! November 23rd 2020, 2:47 pm

Yep. 3-1. The other R talking right now is saying the board has no authority to hold an independent audit.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! November 23rd 2020, 2:48 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Gonna be 3-1. Everything everyone has mentioned, there is no reason whatsoever not to certify. Shirky will vote no because he's getting a lifetime supply of Trump steaks.

He doesn't get a vote, it's the guy named Shinkle that is a Trump stooge.

Shinkle, yeah. That's who I meant.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson November 23rd 2020, 2:50 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Yep. 3-1. The other R talking right now is saying the board has no authority to hold an independent audit.

This guy, sounds like a good dude.

[tw]1330961051115016200[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante November 23rd 2020, 2:52 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:South American democracies aren’t stable because the US keeps fucking with them.

This ain't the 1970s anymore.

Peru is now on their 3rd president in the last WEEK. 4th in 4 years. I'm not aware of anything that we've done to cause that.

I don’t know as much as I should about South American politics, but I thought the trouble in Peru is a right wing party that is undermining the will of the people who (gasp. Amazing I know) are voting for a more socially just society. That sounds an awful lot like what’s been happening for decades in governments down there, backed by American money. Without digging in, I have no immediate evidence of American “free market” fuckery, but I’d bet there’s a good chance it’s there.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake November 23rd 2020, 2:56 pm

Sorry, not Shirky. But yeah. Gonna be 3-1. The vice chair seems pretty up front on what his actual duties are vs what some think their duties should be.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! November 23rd 2020, 3:13 pm

OK I stopped listening once the Trump doucher started going off the rails about threats. Yeah, that's deplorable, but it doesn't matter to the task at hand.

Gonna get certified today and then they'll hold an audit. That's fine. There is no fucking way an audit is going close a gap of 150,000 votes. Trump REALLY should be conceding at this point but he won't because he simply can never admit defeat. Fuck him. I hope his fat ass gets dragged out of the White House on Jan. 20th.

A good point was made in this meeting though. It's ass-backward to have to certify results before an audit can take place. That said, fuck off team Trump. This state wasn't even close.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan November 23rd 2020, 3:48 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:OK I stopped listening once the Trump doucher started going off the rails about threats. Yeah, that's deplorable, but it doesn't matter to the task at hand.

Gonna get certified today and then they'll hold an audit. That's fine. There is no fucking way an audit is going close a gap of 150,000 votes. Trump REALLY should be conceding at this point but he won't because he simply can never admit defeat. Fuck him. I hope his fat ass gets dragged out of the White House on Jan. 20th.

A good point was made in this meeting though. It's ass-backward to have to certify results before an audit can take place. That said, fuck off team Trump. This state wasn't even close.

I feel like it is 80% because "that woman" is the governor, and so Michigan became personal for him.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags November 23rd 2020, 4:18 pm

The law says “shall “ certify. Not “may” certify. Fuck that fuck who is voting no. He doesn’t have the right.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags November 23rd 2020, 4:38 pm

Just certified. 3-0 one abstain
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic November 23rd 2020, 4:41 pm

Just turned on the live feed (I assume it was live as I couldnt find the results anywhere). Shrinkle abstained, the othere three voted yes. So 3-0 or 3-1, don't think it matters.

All four voted yes to a recount, which was going to happen anyway (I think Trump had 2 days after certification to request a recount).
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake November 23rd 2020, 4:46 pm

One observer noted that a republican observer wanted a whole table off votes thrown out because the counter wasn't wearing their name tag.

Trump's America....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher November 23rd 2020, 4:51 pm

Are there any red states that were won by a narrow margin? If so there was big time fraud in those states. They shouldn't certify.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Motown Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic November 23rd 2020, 4:55 pm

During her certification Julie Matuzak (D) said Michigan needs to "modernize" their voter game. I giggled.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan November 23rd 2020, 6:40 pm

Aaron Van Langevelde You are the weakest link.

Would not want to be on Trump's staff tonight and I believe we are seeing the first fissures in the Trump Family attempt to take over the GOP.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson November 23rd 2020, 6:51 pm

One of the key GOP talking points seems to center on 40,000 1st time voters in Wayne Co who all supported Biden.

They find it impossible to believe that after seeing four years of Trump's America they took steps to have their voices heard. Talk about being tone deaf.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2