Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Shooter Somewhere Around Meridian Mall?

+13
InTenSity
MattyFresh
Jake from State Farm
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Shooter Somewhere Around Meridian Mall? Empty A Shooter Somewhere Around Meridian Mall?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-12-12, 13:32

Anyone with the various socials have any updates?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

A Shooter Somewhere Around Meridian Mall? Empty Re: A Shooter Somewhere Around Meridian Mall?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-12-12, 13:38

Apparently there is a guy on top of chili’s with a gun?

I was in Schuler when I heard the employees talking about a lockdown.... I went ahead and bought my books and left, cops everywhere outside
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

A Shooter Somewhere Around Meridian Mall? Empty Re: A Shooter Somewhere Around Meridian Mall?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-12-12, 13:38

[tw]1337828527425675265[/tw]
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-12-12, 13:39

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/armed-man-on-roof-restaurant-at-meridian-mall/ar-BB1bSlJf
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-12-12, 13:39

Reputable MSU person I follow on says Meridian mall is in lockdown.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-12-12, 13:39

Doesn’t sound like a crazy, well maybe, but not a “I’m going to kill a bunch of people” crazy.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-12-12, 13:41

[tw]1337828376434896898[/tw]
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-12-12, 13:41

Daughter texting. One of her housemates is in lockdown in the Aldi's parking lot. That's all she knows.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-12-12, 13:42

https://www.wlns.com/top-stories/update-no-one-appears-to-have-been-shot-situation-contained-near-meridian-mall/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-12-12, 13:47

That's good news, I guess. Sounds like it could've been ugly.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-12-12, 13:52

Terrifying. I hope everyone is safe and they catch this person ASAP.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-12-12, 13:52

[tw]1337829795569299458[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-12-12, 13:56

Thanks for the updates, fellas.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-12-12, 14:44

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Apparently there is a guy on top of chili’s with a gun?

I was in Schuler when I heard the employees talking about a lockdown.... I went ahead and bought my books and left, cops everywhere outside

I thought you lived down in Ohio?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-12-12, 14:55

Nope, but it’s not surprising to see pylon be wrong
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, The Pantry, tGreenWay and MattyFresh like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-12-12, 15:06

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Apparently there is a guy on top of chili’s with a gun?

I thought you lived down in Ohio?

You're thinking of Roc, Pylon.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-12-12, 15:10

Nah. I'm going with Travis living in Cincinnati. Yeah, that sounds right. Probably across the river in Kentucky.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-12-12, 15:12

Can you blame the guy? Chili’s changes its menu so often a guy’s favorite appeteazer is unavailable the next time you go back two weeks later.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

AvgMSUJoe, CORNER BLITZ and MattyFresh like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-12-12, 15:15

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Nah. I'm going with Travis living in Cincinnati. Yeah, that sounds right. Probably across the river in Kentucky.

It's definitely plausible. He talks about it quite a bit for a person who doesn't live there.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-12-12, 15:31

Turtleneck wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Nah. I'm going with Travis living in Cincinnati. Yeah, that sounds right. Probably across the river in Kentucky.

It's definitely plausible. He talks about it quite a bit for a person who doesn't live there.

Has there ever been a time when Pylon was right?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-12-12, 15:42

Mor gunz Mor Freedumb
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-12-12, 15:48

GRR Spartan wrote:Mor gunz Mor Freedumb

Did you turn yours in yet?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-12-12, 16:24

GRR Spartan wrote:Mor gunz Mor Freedumb
my bible is my healthcare plan.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-12-12, 18:40

A friend told me that the guy was shot with some sort of non-lethal thing designed to apprehend him without incident.

If accurate, good on the authorities for using this method to diffuse a situation that could've ended much differently.

If only other similar situations were resolved in the same manner. Maybe this is a good start?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2020-12-12, 18:54

I was at the farmers market and the pickle cop came running around to everyone saying to leave, get in your cars. Women casually drives up in front of me, blocking my path and I thought holy shit I might get shot. She rolls down her window and says "whats all the commotion". I say "active shooter, move bitch!". My mom calls me and asks if I called one of her friends the B word... smh.

Last edited by MattyFresh on 2020-12-12, 18:59; edited 1 time in total
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson, Travis of the Cosmos, Cameron, tGreenWay, AvgMSUJoe, Turtleneck and gomersbro like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-12-12, 18:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:A friend told me that the guy was shot with some sort of non-lethal thing designed to apprehend him without incident.

If accurate, good on the authorities for using this method to diffuse a situation that could've ended much differently.

If only other similar situations were resolved in the same manner. Maybe this is a good start?

I'll assume he was white, otherwise they would have used lethal force.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-12-12, 19:39

MattyFresh wrote:I was at the farmers market and the pickle cop came running around to everyone saying to leave, get in your cars. Women casually drives up in front of me, blocking my path and I thought holy shit I might get shot. She rolls down her window and says "whats all the commotion". I say "active shooter, move bitch!". My mom calls me and asks if I called one of her friends the B word... smh.
A Shooter Somewhere Around Meridian Mall? 502811600
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-12-12, 19:40

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:A friend told me that the guy was shot with some sort of non-lethal thing designed to apprehend him without incident.

I'll assume he was white, otherwise they would have used lethal force.
They shot the black guy crossing the street 2 blocks away with his hands in his pockets.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-12-12, 19:46

Matty that is the greatest post I've ever read on this board. Granted the bar is low but that's outstanding.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck, gomersbro and MattyFresh like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-12-12, 19:46

MattyFresh wrote:I was at the farmers market and the pickle cop came running around to everyone saying to leave, get in your cars. Women casually drives up in front of me, blocking my path and I thought holy shit I might get shot. She rolls down her window and says "whats all the commotion". I say "active shooter, move bitch!". My mom calls me and asks if I called one of her friends the B word... smh.

A Shooter Somewhere Around Meridian Mall? 1966794946

Also, the pickle cop? WTF? A Shooter Somewhere Around Meridian Mall? 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

MattyFresh likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2020-12-12, 20:19

tGreenWay wrote:

haha it was pretty fucking hectic, I didn't recognize the lady but apparently its one of my moms card game friends who recognized me, shes probably 75 years old but it was kind of a blur, to be honest. Oh the pickle cop, that's retired Meridian Township Officer Gayelord Mankowski. He was my DARE officer in elementary school and he sells pickles now, 45th Parallel Pickle Co, pick some up next time you are at the Farmers Market here in Meridian Township. My mom did eventually ask me if I was okay but demanded that I must be more respectful and I cannot swear in front of women. A Shooter Somewhere Around Meridian Mall? 294152859
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Cameron and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-12-12, 20:51

MattyFresh wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

haha it was pretty fucking hectic, I didn't recognize the lady but apparently its one of my moms card game friends who recognized me, shes probably 75 years old but it was kind of a blur, to be honest. Oh the pickle cop, that's retired Meridian Township Officer Gayelord Mankowski. He was my DARE officer in elementary school and he sells pickles now, 45th Parallel Pickle Co, pick some up next time you are at the Farmers Market here in Meridian Township. My mom did eventually ask me if I was okay but demanded that I must be more respectful and I cannot swear in front of women. A Shooter Somewhere Around Meridian Mall? 294152859

Remind your mom that at the time you thought you were in imminent, life-threatening danger, and all you saw was somebody possibly keeping her precious Matty from waking up tomorrow morning.
TBH, for all the time you listen to the scanner, I’m a little surprised you weren’t the one to pick up on the active situation.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-12-12, 20:52

Is there still a Big Boy restaurant in Meridian? Both times I went there got forks with dried egg yolk webbed between the tines.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-12-12, 20:54

A Shooter Somewhere Around Meridian Mall? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-12-12, 20:58

The Pantry wrote:Is there still a Big Boy restaurant in Meridian? Both times I went there got forks with dried egg yolk webbed between the tines.

It’s not easy getting dried egg off utensils.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-12-12, 23:31

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-12-12, 23:34

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I'm right every time I call you a moron. Moron. A Shooter Somewhere Around Meridian Mall? 2809484752
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-12-12, 23:36

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

True, but Travis is known to use skyline chili as skin moisturizer. Is that normal for anybody who doesn't live in Cincinnati?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2020-12-19, 18:40

Please speculate.

A Shooter Somewhere Around Meridian Mall? 2943907172

A Shooter Somewhere Around Meridian Mall? 131183964_4263563770325757_2666653756430307870_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=ahfOji9q9G4AX9K81xj&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-1

For Immediate Release
December 15, 2020
UPDATE - Meridian Police Press Release - Meridian Township Police Apprehend Man with a Gun Near the Meridian Mall - Suspect was taken into Custody
MERIDIAN TOWNSHIP, MI – On December 12, 2020 at approximately noon, officers responded to the intersection of Central Park and Marsh for a two-car traffic crash with injuries.  The driver of one of the vehicles fled the scene with a rifle.  The suspect, a 32 year-old male from Okemos, barricaded himself on the roof of the Chili’s restaurant.  Officers set up a perimeter and began negotiations with the suspect.  The area was locked down and civilians were moved to areas of safety.
The Ingham Regional Special Response Team responded to the area to assist.  The suspect fired one round during the incident.  Officers used extreme restraint and did not return fire.  The suspect was apprehended using less lethal means by the Ingham Regional Special Response Team.  The suspect was transported by ambulance for medical treatment.  No one else was injured as a result of the standoff.
While at the hospital, the suspect attempted to escape custody of MTPD officers.  Officers, with the assistance of hospital staff, were able to gain control of the suspect.  The suspect suffered injuries during his attempted escape and was treated at the hospital.
The suspect has been identified as 32 year-old Michael Roderick Stumpf of Okemos.  Stumpf has been arraigned on charges of:
-Receiving and Concealing a stolen vehicle
-Carrying a dangerous weapon with unlawful intent
-Felony in possession of a firearm
-Two counts of Felony Firearm – second offense
-Resisting and Obstructing
-Failure to stop at a personal injury accident
-Reckless use of a firearm
Mr. Stumpf is also a habitual offender and is being held at the Ingham County Jail on a $100,000 cash or surety bond.
The Meridian Township Police Department would like to thank the Michigan State University Police Department, the East Lansing Police Department, the Ingham County Sheriff’s Department, the Michigan State Police, the Ingham County Dispatch Center, and the East Lansing and Meridian Township Fire Departments for their assistance during this incident.
This investigation is ongoing. Anyone who has additional information regarding this incident is requested to contact the Meridian Township Police Department at 517.853.4800 or submit an anonymous tip through the Police Department’s social media sites.
                                                ###
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-12-19, 18:49

My kids friend drove by right when it got done. Dude had a trumpmobile and tboned someone... Rationally, he grabbed his gun and climbed on the Chilli's....
We will be hearing these stories on the regular soon, this is what they call the new normal.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next