Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township

+10
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  Empty A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township

Post by DWags 2019-07-15, 09:09

Seems pretty cool. Plans to build a downtown Okemos.

Last edited by DWags on 2019-07-15, 19:49; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  Empty Re: A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-07-15, 09:13

This is excellent news dwags.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  Empty Re: A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township

Post by steveschneider 2019-07-15, 09:48

Let me guess, they are going to have a brew pub?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-07-15, 10:22

The noodles and company is going to be fabulous.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-07-15, 10:30

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The noodles and company is going to be fabulous.

There’s already a noodles and company like 2 blocks from there you absolute dope.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-07-15, 10:31

I’m so excited I just can’t hide it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-07-15, 10:32

Didn't Douglas J start planning this about 15 years ago? If so, their timeline to completion might be a little optimistic.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-07-15, 10:35

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The noodles and company is going to be fabulous.

It’ll be very convenient having a Walgreen’s downtown instead of having one two blocks from downtown.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-07-15, 11:52

I detect some sarcasm and bitterness in this thread. Okemos envy or a true disgust toward this idea? Said they’ll be creating 100 jobs plus construction jobs. Haters.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-07-15, 12:08

DWags wrote:I detect some sarcasm and bitterness in this thread. Okemos envy or a true disgust toward this idea? Said they’ll be creating 100 jobs plus construction jobs. Haters.

I for real think it’s wonderful dwags.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-07-15, 13:10

As long as they fix the traffic mess i hit every time I drive through "downtown" Okemos.

The rest of the shit is inconsequential.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-07-15, 13:11

DWags wrote:I detect some sarcasm and bitterness in this thread. Okemos envy or a true disgust toward this idea? Said they’ll be creating 100 jobs plus construction jobs. Haters.

I miss the Miller Ice Cream Parlor.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-07-15, 13:19

Makes no difference to me, but out of curiosity, was this area ever considered "downtown Okemos"? I remember the area well, but just considered it a corner with a couple of shops.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-07-15, 13:46

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Makes no difference to me, but out of curiosity, was this area ever considered "downtown Okemos"? I remember the area well, but just considered it a corner with a couple of shops.

We used to call it the four corners but I suppose it could have been considered downtown Okemos.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-07-15, 14:12

Jake from State Farm wrote:

In Mt. Clemens?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-07-15, 14:21

DWags wrote:

In Mt. Clemens?

No, it was replaced by the Tuba store or whatever that place was at the Northwest corner of Hamilton and Okemos Roads.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-07-15, 16:38

DWags wrote:

In Mt. Clemens?

No, it was replaced by the Tuba store or whatever that place was at the Northwest corner of Hamilton and Okemos Roads.

IIRC, Miller’s had been OOB before the Traveller’s Club Restaurant and International Tuba Museum went in there. I get what you’re saying, though. My mom would often take us to Miller’s in the summer, on those days when she drove us in from Williamston so she could shop at Meijer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-07-15, 16:38

I hope they put in a Bubba Gump Shrimp Company.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-07-15, 16:39

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I hope they put in a Bubba Gump Shrimp Company.

Can you name all the different shrimp recipes? Go ahead and get started and I’ll check in with you in a few hours.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-07-15, 17:01

Since Travelers Club closed, I don't think I've ever been to downtown Okemos.

I'm not sure I've even been to Okemos.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-07-15, 17:15

How good is the high school football program in Okemos?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-07-15, 18:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Since Travelers Club closed, I don't think I've ever been to downtown Okemos.

I think that’s been part of the problem. Okemos exists as a school district and that’s about it. It’s all Meridian Township. One of the many reasons I love living in EL is it has a downtown and a unique community spirit apart from being a university town. Being next to MSU is the liquid chocolate center of a gooey Lava cake.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-07-15, 18:37

Sneak peak at Phase 1....

A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  Abando10
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-07-15, 18:37

Turtleneck wrote:How good is the high school football program in Okemos?

I pay little attention to HS athletics, but I think the correct answer is not like it once was.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-07-15, 18:43

Down town Okemos sounds like a great place to go on a date.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-07-15, 19:19

steveschneider wrote:Down town Okemos sounds like a great place to go on a date.

Downtown Okemos will be a great place to have a beer with someone who's great to have a beer with. A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  969504605
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-07-15, 19:51

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Down town Okemos sounds like a great place to go on a date.

Downtown Okemos will be a great place to have a beer with someone who's great to have a beer with. A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  969504605

I don’t think Bob can walk to Okemos. Who is really left after that?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-07-15, 19:58

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

He can jog there or ride his bike.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-07-15, 20:03

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

And he will. Know why? Because he’s a great American
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-07-15, 20:07

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

And he will. Know why? Because he’s a great American

A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  3493939353
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-07-15, 20:09

tGreenWay wrote:

A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  1966794946
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-07-16, 07:05

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Since Travelers Club closed, I don't think I've ever been to downtown Okemos.

I think that’s been part of the problem. Okemos exists as a school district and that’s about it. It’s all Meridian Township. One of the many reasons I love living in EL is it has a downtown and a unique community spirit apart from being a university town. Being next to MSU is the liquid chocolate center of a gooey Lava cake.
EL > all of mid-Michigan combined.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-07-16, 07:43

They have a chick fil a there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-07-16, 08:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-07-16, 09:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I'm not sure I can trust your judgement on this one Bob. From what I gather, the only time you leave EL is to travel to North Carolina.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-07-16, 09:10

DWags wrote:

They have a chick fil a there.
deep-fried hate??

sign me up.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-07-16, 09:11

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: EL > all of mid-Michigan combined.

I'm not sure I can trust your judgement on this one Bob. From what I gather, the only time you leave EL is to travel to North Carolina.
from what I hear, I should really go Up North.

people seem to think I'd really enjoy it. Like really REALLY enjoy it.

why don't I go?

I mean, man.. I would LOVE it!

it's great.. what's not to love?!?!

I should really go.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-07-16, 09:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

why don't I go?

I should really go.

A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  Il_794xN.1462425696_9xwp

Go for the fudge. Stay for the khakis.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-07-16, 09:14

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

why don't I go?

I should really go.

A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  Il_794xN.1462425696_9xwp

A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  502811600

(golf clubs are optional?)
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-07-16, 09:22

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

why don't I go?

I should really go.

Did whoever made that take geography lessons from Mountain Dew?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next