Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justice Democrats

+6
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
AvgMSUJoe
Travis of the Cosmos
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Justice Democrats - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice Democrats

Post by DWags 2/27/2021, 11:00 am

steveschneider wrote:My review of the Chicago 7 film on Netflix.
A good flick that demonstrates the toxic ego driven aspects of the far left and how successful they can be at creating divisiveness and shooting their selves in their own foot. I forgot about the ego driven leaders that saw the tragic death of RFK as a window of opportunity to get some momentum going for the movement.

Worth watching for Cohen’s performance of Abbie Hoffman and captures the spirit of the conflict between the two Hoffman’s.

You forget what college one of the big leaders went to. Ego? Arrogance maybe more appropriate.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2/27/2021, 4:49 pm

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:My review of the Chicago 7 film on Netflix.
A good flick that demonstrates the toxic ego driven aspects of the far left and how successful they can be at creating divisiveness and shooting their selves in their own foot. I forgot about the ego driven leaders that saw the tragic death of RFK as a window of opportunity to get some momentum going for the movement.

Worth watching for Cohen’s performance of Abbie Hoffman and captures the spirit of the conflict between the two Hoffman’s.

You forget what college one of the big leaders went to. Ego? Arrogance maybe more appropriate.

One other Ann Arbor Detroit connection they kind of dropped the ball on in the film is the only band to play the at the protests (as far as I'm aware) was the MC5. I think every other band was too afraid to show up. In the movie they have them watching some hippie band which seems pretty inaccurate.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 3/1/2021, 12:28 pm

steveschneider wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:This is why we can't have nice things. Everyone is all or nothing.
My hill to die on is reversing the supply side tax structure Regan established in the 80's. I hate every dem who don't work towards that goal. Shit... Maybe that's why I can't get myself to identify as a "Democrat" vs independent guy that will never vote for republicans.

It's all about building winning coalitions, kindness, respect and compromising. I'm glad Biden gets it.

It’s funny how those leftists aren’t compromising on raising the minimum wage and protecting voting rights.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 3/1/2021, 6:22 pm

Rocinante wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

It's all about building winning coalitions, kindness, respect and compromising. I'm glad Biden gets it.

It’s funny how those leftists aren’t compromising on raising the minimum wage and protecting voting rights.

Pelosi will get it done.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 7/15/2021, 10:45 am

Jim Clyburn to campaign for Shontel Brown in OH11 which is turning into a photo finish.

Where's Bernie and the Squad? The score card is looking pretty bleak for this group, haven't flipped a a single GOP seat and the candidates they endorse end up losing (see NY mayor race). I hope they can improve their work to help keep the house in 2022.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 7/15/2021, 10:53 am

steveschneider wrote:Jim Clyburn to campaign for Shontel Brown in OH11 which is turning into a photo finish.

Where's Bernie and the Squad? The score card is looking pretty bleak for this group, haven't flipped a a single GOP seat and the candidates they endorse end up losing (see NY mayor race). I hope they can improve their work to help keep the house in 2022.

"Bernie and the Squad" are not going to be helpful in OH, or any other red district the dems are looking to flip. Quite the opposite. #KnowYourAudience. Their sweet spot is moving reliably blue seats further left.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 7/15/2021, 12:12 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Jim Clyburn to campaign for Shontel Brown in OH11 which is turning into a photo finish.

"Bernie and the Squad" are not going to be helpful in OH, or any other red district the dems are looking to flip. Quite the opposite. #KnowYourAudience. Their sweet spot is moving reliably blue seats further left.[

I agree, and I believe they have had success in doing so. They have also inspired progressive success at the local and state levels of government, which is important.[/quote]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 7/15/2021, 12:46 pm

Heat Miser wrote:

"Bernie and the Squad" are not going to be helpful in OH, or any other red district the dems are looking to flip. Quite the opposite. #KnowYourAudience. Their sweet spot is moving reliably blue seats further left.

Nailed it. I do think they could make a difference in this district, it is a pretty far left district that elected Nina Turner.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 7/15/2021, 3:33 pm

AOC heading to Ohio.

[tw]1415731970672365579?s=21[/tw]

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 7/15/2021, 5:50 pm

steveschneider wrote:AOC heading to Ohio.

Risky move. Seems Turner is the frontrunner for the Dem primary. Reliable blue seat regardless. Turner's main opponent has Hilary's endorsement, which probably more than offsets any potential AOC drag.

BTW...what a ridiculously gerrymandered district.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 7/16/2021, 9:33 am

Heat Miser wrote:
steveschneider wrote:AOC heading to Ohio.

Risky move. Seems Turner is the frontrunner for the Dem primary. Reliable blue seat regardless. Turner's main opponent has Hilary's endorsement, which probably more than offsets any potential AOC drag.

BTW...what a ridiculously gerrymandered district.

Turner is a big Bernie supporter and her district is far left. If AOC is a risky move there then the Justice Dems better go back to the drawing board and figure out messaging and strategy that works better if their goal is to be around for the long term. Should be a fun primary to watch and can only make the justice dems better if they pull off the win. FWIW, I'm pulling for Turner to win it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 7/30/2021, 11:18 am

Capitol security bill passes but all four justice dems vote against it?

affraid

“The last six months have pushed those who protect the U.S. Capitol to the limits. In the face of unprecedented adversity, they responded heroically,” Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said on the Senate floor before the vote. “We must support them now, as they so courageously supported us.”

Justice Democrats - Page 2 1486952199 Justice Democrats - Page 2 1486952199 Justice Democrats - Page 2 1486952199 Justice Democrats - Page 2 1486952199
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 8/3/2021, 4:13 pm

Here comes the whiners.

[tw]1422650996270977024?s=21[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 8/3/2021, 9:37 pm

Looks like a rough night for Turner. Key takeaway the voters are fed up with the toxicity and divisiveness.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 8/3/2021, 9:44 pm

Didn’t realize Brown came back from thirty five points down. Wow!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 8/4/2021, 7:42 am

[tw]1422735586364993536?s=21[/tw]

What an ugly take. Seems like he’s on a trajectory to become the next Tim Poole.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 8/4/2021, 9:41 am

steveschneider wrote:[tw]1422735586364993536?s=21[/tw]

What an ugly take. Seems like he’s on a trajectory to become the next Tim Poole.

So you're saying pretty much "toxicity and divisiveness" is what decided the whole thing? scratch
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 8/5/2021, 11:13 am

[tw]1423257378993147907?s=21[/tw]

Forehead slap.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 8/5/2021, 5:02 pm

[tw]1422984848814219264?s=21[/tw]

Made me clench my teeth when I read it. The secular talk guy yesterday was one step away from saying Soros was behind Browns win and this guy is one step away from saying ‘It’s rigged’. Both should congratulate Brown and work towards keeping the house in 2022.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 8/6/2021, 1:25 pm

Steve posting Republicans dissing on Democrats. Typical.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 8/10/2021, 3:34 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/08/10/are-progressives-paying-attention/

"But in electing him [Biden], Democrats may well achieve the biggest gains since the Great Society or even the New Deal. The result could be a huge dent in child poverty, a more progressive tax code and a host of social programs that progressives could have only dreamed of."

cheers cheers cheers

Maybe in the future Nina Turner might want to reconsider statements like this when it came to voting for Joe Biden -- “It’s like saying to somebody, ‘You have a bowl of shit in front of you, and all you’ve got to do is eat half of it instead of the whole thing,’” she told The Atlantic about the choice between Biden and Trump. “It’s still shit.”

It sure did cost her.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2