Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official Swill vacation thread. Let us know.

+9
Rocinante
Dendrobates
aualum06
AvgMSUJoe
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
Motown Spartan
tGreenWay
CORNER BLITZ
13 posters

Go down

The official Swill vacation thread.  Let us know. Empty The official Swill vacation thread. Let us know.

Post by CORNER BLITZ Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:47 am

When I can travel, I will. If you’ve got a trip lined up let us know. If you go on one, fill us in.

Hope this time next year this thread is filled with pics.
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The official Swill vacation thread.  Let us know. Empty Re: The official Swill vacation thread. Let us know.

Post by tGreenWay Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:15 am

I, too, would like to go on vacation. I will take the first one, wait a little bit, then go for a second vacation.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

The official Swill vacation thread.  Let us know. Empty Re: The official Swill vacation thread. Let us know.

Post by Motown Spartan Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:49 am

We don’t have it planned yet but our trip to Florida to see my in-laws was Covid canceled last March. Just waiting for it to be safer to use the vouchers the airline gave us.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:08 am

The official Swill vacation thread.  Let us know. 7758be10

Steamboat Springs, CO - does this count as a vacation? We also saw a bear around the cabin. Neat.
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Turtleneck and CORNER BLITZ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:18 am

Considering a road trip south in the colder months. Seems do able.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:31 am

Got thousands in vouchers for airlines... Have no clue where we will go though. We were supposed to go to Puerto Rico, might be back in the table....
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

CORNER BLITZ and aualum06 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:24 pm

Two trips already booked and a third will be booked soon The official Swill vacation thread.  Let us know. Img_2059
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

The Pantry, Other Teams Pursuing That, tGreenWay and CORNER BLITZ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:44 pm

I don’t think we’ll be going anywhere in 2021.

Is it really a vacation if you have a 3 year old and an infant? It sounds miserable to me.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:07 pm

Dendrobates wrote:I don’t think we’ll be going anywhere in 2021.

Is it really a vacation if you have a 3 year old and an infant? It sounds miserable to me.

Agreed, but if you do wind up going somewhere, I have absolutely no doubt the baby will be next to me while the 3-year-old will be in the seat behind me, kicking the back for the whole flight.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:12 pm

find a babysitter
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:20 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:find a babysitter

An evening is a lot different than several days. That is a lot of ask of someone, paying them or not.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:36 pm

I struggle with this too, but trips to see family who will take the kids off your hands for a bit aren’t terrible.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:46 pm

tMisers will likely be heading back to Ireland in 2021 if Covid permits.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Other Teams Pursuing That, tGreenWay, CORNER BLITZ and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:38 am

I'm going to have to use 28 or 29 days this year. Our company allowed us to carryover 10 days, which isn't something they would normally do. That puts me at 34 or 35, but I'll carry over 5.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:49 am

You gotta fight through the bad parts... Still make memories.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:33 pm

aualum06 wrote:Two trips already booked and a third will be booked soon The official Swill vacation thread.  Let us know. Img_2059

Trip #3 booked this morning. Got my site right at 8am
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:53 pm

aualum06 wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Two trips already booked and a third will be booked soon The official Swill vacation thread.  Let us know. Img_2059

Watch out for bears.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:54 pm

InTenSity wrote:I'm going to have to use 28 or 29 days this year. Our company allowed us to carryover 10 days, which isn't something they would normally do. That puts me at 34 or 35, but I'll carry over 5.

That’s a lot of golf.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

InTenSity likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:26 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Watch out for bears.

That would be suprising
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:32 pm

Try four kids seven and under.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:34 pm

aualum06 wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Watch out for bears.

That would be suprising

Where ya camping?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:44 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

That would be suprising

Where ya camping?

Today is the 10 day family trip to otsego in july. Got into ludington in June have never been to the state park there. Quick weekend trip to Higgens in may
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:50 pm

The Pantry wrote:

Do we have to call the FBI?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:59 pm

aualum06 wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Where ya camping?

Today is the 10 day family trip to otsego in july. Got into ludington in June have never been to the state park there. Quick weekend trip to Higgens in may
Ludington SP is beautiful and the toughest to get a reservation, especially July/August.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:01 pm

The Pantry wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Ludington SP is beautiful and the toughest to get a reservation, especially July/August.

During the week trip in June, site right on the sand dunes
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

The Pantry and CORNER BLITZ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:29 pm

I asked my hr today how much pto I have. I asked if it was 23 or 24 days, plus a new floating holiday and the ten days carry over. This is the answer.
Your Accrual available balance is what you currently have accrued for the year. You have 8 hours of Floating Holiday, 7.08 hours accrued for the 1st payroll of the year and 80 hours accrued of PRO carryover from 2020.

Accrued Planned Takings is any time in the future which you have requested. Currently you have zero.

Accrual Pending Grants is the time that will be accrued if you are active with the company through the end of the year.

Accrual Ending balance is what you will have accrued in all of 2020. The only bucket that should be populated is the PTO bucket.

I hope I simplified that for you. Thank you for reaching out and have a great weekend!
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:31 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Try four kids seven and under.

Didn't one of you lib dingleberries already do that?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:43 pm

InTenSity wrote:I asked my hr today how much pto I have. I asked if it was 23 or 24 days, plus a new floating holiday and the ten days carry over. This is the answer.
Your Accrual available balance is what you currently have accrued for the year. You have 8 hours of Floating Holiday, 7.08 hours accrued for the 1st payroll of the year and 80 hours accrued of PRO carryover from 2020.

Accrued Planned Takings is any time in the future which you have requested. Currently you have zero.

Accrual Pending Grants is the time that will be accrued if you are active with the company through the end of the year.

Accrual Ending balance is what you will have accrued in all of 2020. The only bucket that should be populated is the PTO bucket.

I hope I simplified that for you. Thank you for reaching out and have a great weekend!

Simplified the shit out of that accrual accrued situation
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

InTenSity likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:58 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Didn't one of you lib dingleberries already do that?

The Pantry wrote:Why don't you pay attention to politics on the main board?

The Pantry wrote: There was a reason this forum was established with a separate political forum.  
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:51 pm

King dingleberry quoteth! cheers king The official Swill vacation thread.  Let us know. 502811600
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:46 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

That would be suprising

Where ya camping?

Jellystone.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:47 pm

aualum06 wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Watch out for bears.

That would be suprising

Them bears is sneaky.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:49 pm

The Pantry wrote:

That explains the divorce, but I’m pretty sure you can’t try kids that young. They’re juveniles. Just let them plead out to being poopyheads.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:51 pm

InTenSity wrote:I asked my hr today how much pto I have. I asked if it was 23 or 24 days, plus a new floating holiday and the ten days carry over. This is the answer.

Jesus, I hate corporate speak.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:40 am

aualum06 wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Ludington SP is beautiful and the toughest to get a reservation, especially July/August.

A bit of a drive from where you're at but highly recommend Pinery Provincial Park. On Lake Huron less than an hour from Sarnia after crossing the Bluewater Bridge. The dunes there make Ludington look like just a beach. Huge park with many campsites. The Dunes Campground is my favorite for summer. Riverside is pretty cool in the fall.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:51 am

The Pantry wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

A bit of a drive from where you're at but highly recommend Pinery Provincial Park. On Lake Huron less than an hour from Sarnia after crossing the Bluewater Bridge. The dunes there make Ludington look like just a beach. Huge park with many campsites. The Dunes Campground is my favorite for summer. Riverside is pretty cool in the fall.

Looks pretty cool maybe someday we can go to Canada again only 2hr 46 min
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:13 am

aualum06 wrote:
The Pantry wrote:A bit of a drive from where you're at but highly recommend Pinery Provincial Park. On Lake Huron less than an hour from Sarnia after crossing the Bluewater Bridge. The dunes there make Ludington look like just a beach. Huge park with many campsites. The Dunes Campground is my favorite for summer. Riverside is pretty cool in the fall.

Looks pretty cool maybe someday we can go to Canada again only 2hr 46 min
Been there over 20 times ranging from Memorial Day weekend to late October. Actually puts most MSPs to shame. Some campsites are huge. Lots to do there. If the weather is shitty and/or you don't feel like cooking, Grand Bend is only 5 miles away.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down