Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damn I’m hungry.

+7
Other Teams Pursuing That
duffy munn
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
AvgMSUJoe
Motown Spartan
DWags
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Damn I’m hungry.  Empty Damn I’m hungry.

Post by DWags 2021-02-18, 18:11

I’d love one of these right now.

Damn I’m hungry.  F5611410
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Damn I’m hungry.  Empty Re: Damn I’m hungry.

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-02-18, 18:13

Go get a Buddy’s pizza for me.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-02-18, 18:16

On mobile... Is pic choco-anus?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

tGreenWay and Motown Spartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-18, 18:21

On mobile... Is pic leggy supermodel?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-02-18, 18:22

AvgMSUJoe wrote:On mobile... Is pic choco-anus?

Damn I’m hungry.  1966794946Damn I’m hungry.  1966794946Damn I’m hungry.  1966794946
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-02-18, 18:22

Nice charge game, DWags. Bringing it strong.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-02-18, 18:23

It’s both

With a dags burger right below the crotch.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-18, 21:13

DWags wrote:It’s both

With a dags burger right below the crotch.

<InsertRequisiteSpecialSauceJokeHere>
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-02-18, 21:36

DWags wrote:I’d love one of these right now.

I had one for lunch today. Jingles was not there.
And I was sitting at that exact same barstool.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-02-19, 00:05

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:I’d love one of these right now.

I had one for lunch today. Jingles was not there.
And I was sitting at that exact same barstool.

Fucker.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-02-19, 11:27

I like dagwoods. Duff d wags you know the waitress three with the tattoo arm sleeve? She’s great and could kick my ass
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-02-19, 12:14

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I like dagwoods. Duff d wags you know the waitress three with the tattoo arm sleeve? She’s great and could kick my ass

Wasn't/Isn't there a little diner/dive on the other side of 127 from Dagwood's? Prime Steakhouse or something like that? They used to do a really good hangover cure griddle steak back in the late 90's.

Edit: Best Steak House?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-02-20, 19:49

You’re all jerks for not answering me!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-20, 19:59

Motown Spartan wrote:You’re all jerks for not answering me!

Best Steak House. It closed a few years back, or changed owners, name, and menu. Never went there as an adult, but my dad would take me there when I was just a little kid. I remember the staff would sit at tables and read newspapers with print that wasn’t English. My guess would be Greek or Arabic. Duffy probably knows.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-02-20, 20:11

Had a hankering for linguine and white clam sauce.  Doordash just delivered from Maggiano's

Damn I’m hungry.  Maggia10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-20, 20:37

Looked it up and it’s now called Philly Steakhouse. Different owners, different menu. The original family is from Greece or Crete, something like that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-02-20, 21:07

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I like dagwoods. Duff d wags you know the waitress three with the tattoo arm sleeve? She’s great and could kick my ass

Not familiar. But I bet it would be a rush going down on a women who you know can kick your ass. Lots of thrill, lots of angst. Definitely wanting to please. It would be an awesome time.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-02-20, 21:25

tGreenWay wrote:

Best Steak House. It closed a few years back, or changed owners, name, and menu. Never went there as an adult, but my dad would take me there when I was just a little kid. I remember the staff would sit at tables and read newspapers with print that wasn’t English. My guess would be Greek or Arabic. Duffy probably knows.

When I was in college I did constructions side jobs on the side. We were doing the renovations on the Wild Goose Inn and would go there for dinner quite a bit, along with steak and eggs for hangover breakfasts.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-02-21, 07:23

tGreenWay wrote:

It's now called Steakhouse Philly and has the same owner as the Best Steakhouse. His name is Dimos so definitely Greek. He added a partner and a class C liquor license. Side note: the original Best Steakhouse was in East Lansing in the location where Beggars is now.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-02-21, 07:31

Yep she's hot and now works at Lansing Brewing Co.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-02-21, 08:27

Great stuff duffy! Thanks for the info.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-21, 10:11

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It's now called Steakhouse Philly and has the same owner as the Best Steakhouse. His name is Dimos so definitely Greek. He added a partner and a class C liquor license. Side note: the original Best Steakhouse was in East Lansing in the location where Beggars is now.

I found some info on Best Steak House on the Facebook Historical Society of Greater Lansing page. Apparently, the first owner’s last name was Tassopoulos.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-02-21, 10:14

tGreenWay wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I found some info on Best Steak House on the Facebook Historical Society of Greater Lansing page. Apparently, the first owner’s last name was Tassopoulos.

Dimos parents. His mom worked the line at the Best into her 70's. His new partner, Charlie Semerly, is a lawyer who played baseball at MSU
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-21, 10:19

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Dimos parents. His mom worked the line at the Best into her 70's. His new partner, Charlie Semerly, is a lawyer who played baseball at MSU

People on the HSGL page had nothing good to say about the current food. Then again, Lansing is a town that regularly votes Flap Jack Shack as best breakfast, so there’s no accounting for taste. And this area isn’t known for its ability to embrace change.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-02-21, 10:37

tGreenWay wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

People on the HSGL page had nothing good to say about the current food. Then again, Lansing is a town that regularly votes Flap Jack Shack as best breakfast, so there’s no accounting for taste. And this area isn’t known for its ability to embrace change.

The food is good. Obvioulsy the philly steak sandwich but also the greek wings and great brunch specials on Sunday.

The guys have had a bit of a rough run from the beginning. It took almost a year to secure their liquor license after they had already dumped a bunch of $$ building the place out. Then came to 100 year flood and they pretty much had to rebuild the place all over again. ( they were closed for months).

Finally the pandemic hit. Fortunately they do have good food and a very loyal base of regulars.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-21, 10:45

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

The food is good. Obvioulsy the philly steak sandwich but also the greek wings and great brunch specials on Sunday.

The guys have had a bit of a rough run from the beginning. It took almost a year to secure their liquor license after they had already dumped a bunch of $$ building the place out. Then came to 100 year flood and they pretty much had to rebuild the place all over again. ( they were closed for months).

Finally the pandemic hit. Fortunately they do have good food and a very loyal base of regulars.

That’s good to hear. The ones on the web page probably probably miss what they were used to. Everybody agreed one of the cooks was a cranky old SOB. Damn I’m hungry.  502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-02-21, 14:03

Bought a slice of pizza in a box from Horrocks. Got it home and the bottom is burnt. You're more than welcome to come and get it cuz my wife isn't going to eat it.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2021-02-21, 14:35

Jake from State Farm wrote:Bought a slice of pizza in a box from Horrocks. Got it home and the bottom is burnt. You're more than welcome to come and get it cuz my wife isn't going to eat it.

Should take her to flavortown

https://witl.com/lansing-is-now-flavortown-guy-fieris-TempeTantrum-kitchen-is-here/

figuratively, of course, as it is deliver only
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2021-02-21, 14:37

lol at the banning of goast

Earlier this week, we told you about Guy opening up his signature Flavortown Kitchen restaurants across the country via TempeTantrum kitchens.

“A TempeTantrum kitchen is where virtual brands are produced without a brick and mortar location,” Greenspan explains, “They’re facilities that are made solely for producing virtual brands”.

A virtual brand is a delivery-only food concept that’s sold exclusively online and through delivery apps. (Roaming Hunger)

Delivery only. Got it.

He was opening these TempeTantrum kitchens up in 23 states across the country and Michigan was indeed included. And we thought that the closest one to us was going to be Metro Detroit (Livonia, Rochester Hills, & Sterling Heights).

We found out today the Flavortown Gods have smiled upon the Capital City.

According to guysflavortownkitchen.com we've got one of these elusive TempeTantrum kitchens in the Eastwood Town Center.

Guy Fieri's Flavortown Kitchen - Lansing
2970 Town Centre Blvd
Lansing, MI 48912
Delivery hours were listed from 11 am to 10:30 pm.

guysflavortownkitchen.com
Locations for the eatery include Bravo! Italian Kitchen restaurants in Lansing Township on in the Eastwood Towne Center...

The TempeTantrum kitchens are in a soft launch phase meaning all the locations are not yet opened, a spokesperson for the restaurant chain that owns both brands said. Livonia is currently the only location accepting orders while the others are planning to open in the next couple of weeks. (Detroit News)

Contrary to what the above article said, I did click to place an order and it did seem to be working.

A Crazy Cuban and Cheesesteak Egg Rolls are on the way.

I will totally let you know how this works out.

Flavortown is in town and currently on the way to my house.
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-21, 18:08

Had Saddleback BBQ for a couple of lunches. Too much food, but mostly very good. Brisket sandwich and a Lenten Special—lobster rolls. Plus bisque, slaw (the only thing I didn’t like from them), corn cake, baked beans w/strings of meat, mashed sweet potatoes, which were excellent. All in all, very happy with the order.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2021-02-21, 18:48

tGreenWay wrote:Had Saddleback BBQ for a couple of lunches. Too much food, but mostly very good. Brisket sandwich and a Lenten Special—lobster rolls. Plus bisque, slaw (the only thing I didn’t like from them), corn cake, baked beans w/strings of meat, mashed sweet potatoes, which were excellent. All in all, very happy with the order.

How was the lobster roll
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-21, 21:11

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Had Saddleback BBQ for a couple of lunches. Too much food, but mostly very good. Brisket sandwich and a Lenten Special—lobster rolls. Plus bisque, slaw (the only thing I didn’t like from them), corn cake, baked beans w/strings of meat, mashed sweet potatoes, which were excellent. All in all, very happy with the order.

How was the lobster roll

Good to very good. Probably could’ve used a little more seasoning, but not much. Being married to a New Englander, I’ve had more than my share of lobster rolls over the years, and this one held up. I actually liked the bread better because it was soft, as opposed to some that have hard crusts. The one noticeable difference was how the lobster is presented. Saddleback was more of a mixed lobster salad. Out East it’s big chunks of lobster. That’s a better roll because the lobster taste is front and center. The salad has lobster flavor, but it’s more nuanced. Saddleback also had very large amounts, very favorable to back East.
We called the Okemos restaurant first, but they were sold out, so we called the Lansing location and they had some left and we got it delivered.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-02-21, 21:51

The Pantry wrote:Had a hankering for linguine and white clam sauce.  Doordash just delivered from Maggiano's

Damn I’m hungry.  Maggia10

That doesn't seem like something that would be wise to order delivered.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-02-21, 22:21

You're not wise.

It was delicious.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-22, 01:28

The Pantry wrote:You're not wise.

It was delicious.

I don’t care that it’s a chain. Maggiano’s is some of the best Italian food anywhere.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-02-22, 09:44

It was delicious.

There is no chance the clams and pasta weren't tough due to initial overheating at the restaurant and then travel time/delivery.

Seafood is never something you order delivered. That's just common sense.

What's next? You gonna tell me you're taking it to work and heating the leftovers up in the microwave for lunch? It wouldn't surprise me. Not one bit.

Your palate has always been busted.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-02-22, 09:58

tGreenWay wrote:

It was delicious.

I don’t care that it’s a chain. Maggiano’s is some of the best Italian food anywhere.

You’ve never been to Italy.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and CORNER BLITZ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2021-02-22, 22:46

tGreenWay wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

How was the lobster roll

Good to very good. Probably could’ve used a little more seasoning, but not much. Being married to a New Englander, I’ve had more than my share of lobster rolls over the years, and this one held up. I actually liked the bread better because it was soft, as opposed to some that have hard crusts. The one noticeable difference was how the lobster is presented. Saddleback was more of a mixed lobster salad. Out East it’s big chunks of lobster. That’s a better roll because the lobster taste is front and center. The salad has lobster flavor, but it’s more nuanced. Saddleback also had very large amounts, very favorable to back East.
We called the Okemos restaurant first, but they were sold out, so we called the Lansing location and they had some left and we got it delivered.

What time were they sold out? Going to try to scoop one up this week. Ex was a Bostonian so haven't had one in a minute
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-22, 22:48

Motown Spartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You’re a damn fool. I’ve been to Italy three times.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-02-22, 23:29

tGreenWay wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

You’re a damn fool. I’ve been to Italy three times.

Sbarro at the Meridian Mall is not Italy, GreenWay.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next