Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok, I’ll bring it up. We’ve been damn good the last two games. Anyone missing from the line up?

+10
Other Teams Pursuing That
Dendrobates
NigelUno
Turtleneck
Nordic
steveschneider
duffy munn
AvgMSUJoe
kingstonlake
DWags
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ok, I’ll bring it up. We’ve been damn good the last two games.  Anyone missing from the line up?  Empty Ok, I’ll bring it up. We’ve been damn good the last two games. Anyone missing from the line up?

Post by DWags 2021-02-24, 21:30

Look, the kid has contributed more to MSU in three years than I have in my life. Great person, great ball player. But can we ignore he hasn’t been I. The line up and we’ve done well. Also Hoggard has only logged 9 minutes.

Do we really need a point guard?

I liked the lineup and rotation last night.

I totally respect the kid. Great Spartan but maybe we play better without him.

Pile on.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Ok, I’ll bring it up. We’ve been damn good the last two games.  Anyone missing from the line up?  Empty Re: Ok, I’ll bring it up. We’ve been damn good the last two games. Anyone missing from the line up?

Post by kingstonlake 2021-02-24, 21:32

Tom Herzog?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Ok, I’ll bring it up. We’ve been damn good the last two games.  Anyone missing from the line up?  Empty Re: Ok, I’ll bring it up. We’ve been damn good the last two games. Anyone missing from the line up?

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-02-24, 21:34

I don't think it's him in particular... I think the point by committee and small ball lineup Izzo found is the key. I don't blame Hall, but he's been sitting more too.

Just is what it is...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-02-24, 21:37

DWags wrote:Look, the kid has contributed more to MSU in three years than I have in my life. Great person, great ball player. But can we ignore he hasn’t been I. The line up and we’ve done well. Also Hoggard has only logged 9 minutes.

Pile on.
Loyer being out has forced Rocket to step up and he has. Hoggard was starting for a minute and we were still losing. To me the recent wins are much more about guys like Henry and Langford taking charge than anything Foster Loyer.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-02-24, 21:39

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:Look, the kid has contributed more to MSU in three years than I have in my life. Great person, great ball player. But can we ignore he hasn’t been I. The line up and we’ve done well. Also Hoggard has only logged 9 minutes.

Pile on.
Loyer being out has forced Rocket to step up and he has. Hoggard was starting for a minute and we were still losing. To me the recent wins are much more about guys like Henry and Langford taking charge than anything Foster Loyer.

I think it’s also a product of more minutes. They have less when Foster is in.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-24, 21:39

You guys are not recognizing how pivotal the improvement of Rocket has been last few games. He is 2 x the player of Loyer and Hoggard combined. Hoggard could be good in a few years but to this day I still question if Hoiberg should be getting Loyer's minutes. Loyer is too small for D1 college hoops.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-02-24, 21:46

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Rocket didn't earn the minutes. He was every bit as bad as Loyer in the time he got.

I get where you are going with this and I'm not saying you're wrong. But I don't think we were losing because of Loyer and don't really think we are winning because he's not playing.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-24, 22:06

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

Rocket didn't earn the minutes. He was every bit as bad as Loyer in the time he got.

I get where you are going with this and I'm not saying you're wrong. But I don't think we were losing because of Loyer and don't really think we are winning because he's not playing.

Since the Penn State game I've noticed a huge step up in Rockets game. His defense the final minutes of that game he looked locked in to me. I agree with you though there were times prior to that game that I thought he was completely checked out.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-02-24, 22:09

OTPT?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-24, 22:13

steveschneider wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Since the Penn State game I've noticed a huge step up in Rockets game. His defense the final minutes of that game he looked locked in to me. I agree with you though there were times prior to that game that I thought he was completely checked out.

And when I say 'huge step up' the distance between the hot garbage level he was playing at to serviceable was a huge climb up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-02-24, 22:23

steveschneider wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

And when I say 'huge step up' the distance between the hot garbage level he was playing at to serviceable was a huge climb up.

He's getting there. IMO the only two players that are currently playing at a high/expected level are Henry and Langford. Henry doesn't get the love he deserves. Quietly dominates on both ends game in and game out. Langford looks as confident as ever in recent weeks. Beast last night.

Rocket, Bingham and Mady are starting to show their potential. Taking longer than expected on the first two. I would push all-in on Bingham. Needs more minutes. Take your lumps with him. Make him work. Let him foul out. Brown seems more active lately too. Need him to get a killer instinct.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-24, 22:30

Nordic wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

He's getting there. IMO the only two players that are currently playing at a high/expected level are Henry and Langford. Henry doesn't get the love he deserves. Quietly dominates on both ends game in and game out. Langford looks as confident as ever in recent weeks. Beast last night.

Rocket, Bingham and Mady are starting to show their potential. Taking longer than expected on the first two. I would push all-in on Bingham. Take your lumps with him. Make him work. Let him foul out. Brown seems more active lately too. Need him to get a killer instinct.

100% agree.

One note about Gabe for some reason I forget about it until it happens but my goodness that guy can dunk. Underrated dunker if you ask me.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-02-24, 22:32

Did Izzo bench Garrick Sherman?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-02-24, 22:44

steveschneider wrote:You guys are not recognizing how pivotal the improvement of Rocket has been last few games. He is 2 x the player of Loyer and Hoggard combined. Hoggard could be good in a few years but to this day I still question if Hoiberg should be getting Loyer's minutes. Loyer is too small for D1 college hoops.

Agreed. Play Wilt Hoiberg more.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-02-24, 22:47

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:You guys are not recognizing how pivotal the improvement of Rocket has been last few games. He is 2 x the player of Loyer and Hoggard combined. Hoggard could be good in a few years but to this day I still question if Hoiberg should be getting Loyer's minutes. Loyer is too small for D1 college hoops.

Agreed.  Play Wilt Hoiberg more.

Ok, I’ll bring it up. We’ve been damn good the last two games.  Anyone missing from the line up?  502811600 I see what you did there
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-02-25, 06:13

I also would like to point out after Izzo said he needs to evaluate who wants to be here, Watts (others) have made huge steps. Doubt it's less Loyer and more everyone else.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-02-25, 08:28

So the husband bet against MSU the past 2 games. He is going to keep it up and bet against them as that seems to be working. A small sacrifice to pay for a MSU win.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, Other Teams Pursuing That and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-02-25, 08:51

duffy munn wrote:

Pile on.

The beauty of the Illinois game is that we went small and still went to the basket.

Only took 8 3s.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-25, 09:12

NigelUno wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

The beauty of the Illinois game is that we went small and still went to the basket.

Only took 8 3s.

That three that Hauser hit late in the game was a thing of beauty.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-02-25, 09:28

steveschneider wrote:

He was horseshit for the rest of the game.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-02-25, 09:30

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Ok, I’ll bring it up. We’ve been damn good the last two games.  Anyone missing from the line up?  4113017228

13 points in 14 minutes. Didn't miss a FG.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-02-25, 09:38

Dendrobates wrote:So the husband bet against MSU the past 2 games. He is going to keep it up and bet against them as that seems to be working. A small sacrifice to pay for a MSU win.

I didn't know you and OTPT were married.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-02-25, 09:41

Just checking in. Is the guy who thinks Hoiberg is better than Loyer still gauging Watts "second coming" on the fact he's better than Loyer?

Love the show.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-02-25, 09:41

kingstonlake wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:So the husband bet against MSU the past 2 games. He is going to keep it up and bet against them as that seems to be working. A small sacrifice to pay for a MSU win.

I didn't know you and OTPT were married.

Ok, I’ll bring it up. We’ve been damn good the last two games.  Anyone missing from the line up?  502811600 I am in quite the pickle for tonight because I KNOW if I take MSU there is 0 chance they pull it off
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-02-25, 09:50

A real Spartan would bet tOSU.

Think of it as tithing.

Dig down deep.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and Dendrobates like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-02-25, 09:56

Notice too how when MSU won the Natty in 2000 Loyer wasn’t on the team either!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-25, 09:57

kingstonlake wrote:Just checking in. Is the guy who thinks Hoiberg is better than Loyer still gauging Watts "second coming" on the fact he's better than Loyer?

Love the show.

CBB is all about the point guard. When we looked like horse shit our PG play was abysmal, when we are winning I see improved PG play out of one player.

Hoiberg is a good kid and works hard. He has a scholarship lets see some minutes. During these seasons lows how much worse could get it get?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-25, 09:59

FTR this is a rough year and I don't want to be a basher so I'll say something positive about Loyer. I think he's a solid option on the floor when the other team is fouling towards the end of the game.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-25, 10:38

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Just checking in. Is the guy who thinks Hoiberg is better than Loyer still gauging Watts "second coming" on the fact he's better than Loyer?

Love the show.

CBB is all about the point guard. When we looked like horse shit our PG play was abysmal, when we are winning I see improved PG play out of one player.

Hoiberg is a good kid and works hard. He has a scholarship lets see some minutes. During these seasons lows how much worse could get it get?

Don’t pick at that thread.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-02-25, 10:52

Yep. I also probably need to lay on the couch and fall asleep again. Just to make sure.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-02-25, 10:53

steveschneider wrote:

Love the show.

Let me bottomline this for you Steve. Hoiberg is not as good a Loyer. Simple as that. Izzo doesn't think so and more importantly no one on this board thinks so.  You are the only one. You're going to lose listeners if you keep beating this drum for another year.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-25, 11:13

Nordic wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Let me bottomline this for you Steve. Hoiberg is not as good a Loyer. Simple as that. Izzo doesn't think so and more importantly no one on this board thinks so.  You are the only one. You're going to lose listeners if you keep beating this drum for another year.

This caller has a point folks! Also, I don't want to get to negative on any player this year. I've seen a lot of bashing on social media towards a few players and I've seen one of the parents make a statement to Harns that they were blocking some of the fans. I feel like I already crossed the line a bit and I'm going to dial it back a bit. I'll leave it at this I'm happy Rocket is stepping it up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-02-25, 11:26

NigelUno wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Ok, I’ll bring it up. We’ve been damn good the last two games.  Anyone missing from the line up?  4113017228

13 points in 14 minutes.  Didn't miss a FG.

Did you watch the game, Nigel, or do you just check box scores?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-02-25, 11:42

Nordic wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Thanks for the call Nordic. We're up against it and we need to here from this segments sponsor, Rock financial.

In our next segment we ask the question: Matt Ishbia blossomed into a billionaire through hard work and dedication. Did Izzo blow in regards to playing time for Matt?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-25, 11:44

Cameron wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

13 points in 14 minutes.  Didn't miss a FG.

He doesn’t have time to watch games because he’s too busy policing multiple MSU message boards.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Cameron, Other Teams Pursuing That and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-02-25, 12:07

tGreenWay wrote:
Cameron wrote:

He doesn’t have time to watch games because he’s too busy policing multiple MSU message boards.

Ok, I’ll bring it up. We’ve been damn good the last two games.  Anyone missing from the line up?  Not-the-hero-we-deserve-gif-4
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-02-25, 13:21

Not keeping up on thread but apparently Mady broke Ayo's nose. Status uncertain for their game tonight.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-02-25, 14:45

Oh wow didn't realize the full depth of this Sissoko thing. Holy shit Twitter is insufferable, and MSU Twitter is even more insufferable. It was a dirty play. Cool. Most of us grew up on the Bad Boys and love that stuff. Doesn't mean Mady is a bad kid. Apparently MSU Twitter is up in arms about Illinois twitter calling it dirty. Some WGN guy called it thuggish. MSU Twitter trying to get him fired. So lame.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-02-25, 15:30

staying off twitter is always the play, wbh.
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-02-25, 15:39

Ok, I’ll bring it up. We’ve been damn good the last two games.  Anyone missing from the line up?  502811600

Even during a boring year Izzo’s boys bringing it, WITH AUTHORITY!

Fuck them.  It’s a big boy game. Shit happens.  Cant wait till we play them again.

Last edited by DWags on 2021-02-25, 15:44; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next