Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Craft beer sucks thread. Yep, I said it.

+17
Nordic
Dendrobates
MSU addict
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
tGreenWay
NigelUno
MiamiSpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
AvgMSUJoe
InTenSity
The Pantry
Motown Spartan
steveschneider
kingstonlake
DWags
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

tOfficial Craft beer sucks thread.   Yep, I said it.  - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial Craft beer sucks thread. Yep, I said it.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:07 pm

Drink whatever you want dwags I don’t give a shit
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Craft beer sucks thread.   Yep, I said it.  - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial Craft beer sucks thread. Yep, I said it.

Post by The Pantry Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:11 pm

Anyone here old enough to remember dime night at Dooley's? Didn't care then but now wonder what beer was in those little glasses.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:48 pm

The Pantry wrote:Anyone here old enough to remember dime night at Dooley's? Didn't care then but now wonder what beer was in those little glasses.

Turned twenty one on dime night. It was Tuesday. Holy shit. You got 2 bucks worth of free drink on your birthday. Took all 20 of mine before I warmed up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, tGreenWay and CORNER BLITZ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:53 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:just a very weird scene that bud light helped create with their commercials.. it's like the anti snobs became the snobs.

I love this. It freaked me out. I’m a snob because I don’t give a fuck what you’re drinking. This could be the greatest flipidity flop up in your face turnaround mess with your mind post ever.

But I’m still drinking bud light.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:49 am

Drinking beer is like smoking mids. Whiskey is chronic. Everclear is meth.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:36 pm

DWags wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

So, let me understand.  You go into this bar/Gastro Pub, and you start complaining to the owner, manager, or whoever decides on the beer they care, about why they don't have the specific craft brewery that you want beer from....and you're calling them too much of craft beer snobs.  Ok.

Also, why do you keep talking about how long macro brews have been brewing for?  I love Guiness, but I harbor no illusions that I'm drinking anything similar to what they were drinking in a Dublin pub as they cheered on the British defeat at Yorktown by the rag tag group of colonists.  

Like what you like just for the fact that you like it.
No need trying to use marketing slogans to justify it.

I go in and when I’m belly up to the bar and ask for a bud light and my friends are all embarrassed and the 20 something kid bar tender looks down at me and points up at the menu  with his tattooed arm sleeve and says “those are the brews we make here” I always ask,” can you go back there and maybe brew me up a bud light? “

The fuck. It’s beer not gold spun knitting thread. My friends live taking me to them because they know I’m good for just one, then I’m the driver.  I do admit, there is usually better food at those places than just a beer and a bump bar.  (Except dags)

his response:
tOfficial Craft beer sucks thread.   Yep, I said it.  - Page 2 191237986 tOfficial Craft beer sucks thread.   Yep, I said it.  - Page 2 2427441217 tOfficial Craft beer sucks thread.   Yep, I said it.  - Page 2 1558547457
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:34 pm

Went to Oades this afternoon. Spent 20 minutes there looking.. came back with a six pack of 16 oz. Coors Banquet beer.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:43 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Went to Oades this afternoon. Spent 20 minutes there looking.. came back with a six pack of 16 oz. Coors Banquet beer.

I just like an uncomplicated life. I’m old soft nearing death in 15-20 years. Too old to be cool not old enough to stop doing fun things. I just want to go into a store grab a twelve and not worry I’m offending anyone.

Beat people in the world are the ones who just drink the beer you give them

Like 100% of the people on here would do I’m pretty sure.

Except fucking Steve.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, tGreenWay, Motown Spartan and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:03 am

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Went to Oades this afternoon. Spent 20 minutes there looking.. came back with a six pack of 16 oz. Coors Banquet beer.

I just like an uncomplicated life. I’m old soft nearing death in 15-20 years. Too old to be cool not old enough to stop doing fun things. I just want to go into a store grab a twelve and not worry I’m offending anyone.

Except fucking Steve.
yep.

I have other things to spend time on besides sit around wondering when the local beer store is gonna get a new shipment of Blueberry Fence Post Espresso Fly Fishing Triple Bock filtered through a free range sheep sock.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:59 am

I remember a friend came over to watch the super bowl and they couldn’t find the building on our street until he spotted a recycling bag full of Budweiser cans out front.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:29 am

I like Coors.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:35 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

Except fucking  Steve.
yep.

I have other things to spend time on besides sit around wondering when the local beer store is gonna get a new shipment of Blueberry Fence Post Espresso Fly Fishing Triple Bock filtered through a free range sheep sock.
Kingston's was so much better than this.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:37 pm

tOfficial Craft beer sucks thread.   Yep, I said it.  - Page 2 20210213

I don't see bud on tap here.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:19 pm

InTenSity wrote:tOfficial Craft beer sucks thread.   Yep, I said it.  - Page 2 20210213

what did ya end up getting?

I'd recommended the HD Flat Screen Plethora Pale Ale.. the hops were grown in an HDMI-infused field in China.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:31 pm

Even worse than the last one.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:46 pm

Going to the grocery store to get more Guinness and inspired now to get a 30 pack of 120z Budweiser cans. Go Green!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:31 pm

Old Milwaukee was good stuff but no longer made.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:42 pm

The Pantry wrote:Old Milwaukee was good stuff but no longer made.

Huh?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:57 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Old Milwaukee was good stuff but no longer made.

Huh?

Old Milwaukee tasted like shit. There’s a reason it’s gone.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:04 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Huh?

They still make it.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:20 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

They still make it.

Correction to my post above ----> Old Milwaukee tastes like shit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:00 pm

I was a fan of Black Label and really all of the heilman beers.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:22 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

They still make it.

Correction to my post above ----> Old Milwaukee tastes like shit.

How do you know what shit tastes like? Fucking steve...
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, tGreenWay and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:36 pm

I've just blown my own mind. Can you buy a craft beer at a micro brewery? Or are they different?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:46 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

They still make it.
Have looked for it unsuccessfully.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:10 pm

Poor fucking Steve has never tasted Old Milwaukee, but has tasted shit?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

I.B. Fine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:16 pm

It’s a figure of speech. Btw I don’t think they actually make Old Milwaukee. whenever they screw up a batch of mainstream beer they just bottle it up and throw on the old Milwaukee labels.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:24 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:tOfficial Craft beer sucks thread.   Yep, I said it.  - Page 2 20210213

I'd recommended the HD Flat Screen Plethora Pale Ale.. the hops were grown in an HDMI-infused field in China.
Funny enough I got Hopslam, Oberon and 2 hearted. Then I got a vodka cranberry.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That, tGreenWay and CORNER BLITZ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:49 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Funny enough I got Hopslam, Oberon and 2 hearted. Then I got a vodka cranberry.
pretty solid ABV ya had going there.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:56 pm

I find I'm a 5% abv guy. That's the sweetspot. I can manage my session really well.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:44 pm

The Pantry wrote:Anyone here old enough to remember dime night at Dooley's? Didn't care then but now wonder what beer was in those little glasses.
How about 99 cent pitchers at Alley Eye? Goal was to see how many pennies you could stack up on the table... Maybe Stroh's was an option?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:07 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
How about 99 cent pitchers at Alley Eye? Goal was to see how many pennies you could stack up on the table... Maybe Stroh's was an option?
Never went to Alley Eye until the location became Player's Club...think that was senior year. Wonder what's there now
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:29 pm

Damn DWAGS you were in the Cancel Culture before it was cool.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:29 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

Except fucking Steve.
yep.

Is that a real beer? Is it for sale anywhere around here?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:32 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:

Beat the Clock at the Dollar.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:32 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Beat the Clock at the Dollar.

Did you slip in right before the drinking age went up?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2