Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 in 5 electric vehicle owners in California switched back to gas

+16
Rick Saunders
MiamiSpartan
NigelUno
Jake from State Farm
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
CORNER BLITZ
GRR Spartan
AvgMSUJoe
gomersbro
DWags
tGreenWay
kingstonlake
Heat Miser
Motown Spartan
The Pantry
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

1 in 5 electric vehicle owners in California switched back to gas - Page 2 Empty Re: 1 in 5 electric vehicle owners in California switched back to gas

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-06-30, 07:30

DWags wrote:I’m on my 7th year with my truck. I got at least 5 years left. WTF? People switch cars every three years or so?
Right the wife and I try to only have one payment. So every 9-10 years I get one. I just got mine in 21, so she's due in 26 and me again in 30-31? Ug.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

1 in 5 electric vehicle owners in California switched back to gas - Page 2 Empty Re: 1 in 5 electric vehicle owners in California switched back to gas

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-06-30, 10:07

DWags wrote:I’m on my 7th year with my truck. I got at least 5 years left. WTF? People switch cars every three years or so?

We switch cars when one gets too costly or impractical to maintain as reliable for its purpose. We have four for four of us. The youngest car is 2013. The oldest is 2002.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-06-30, 10:24

That’s true for us. We’ve always owned one and leased one, so there’s something new every three years. It’ll be a challenge this year, since the lease matures at the end of august and lots are so bare. I’ll probably go without a vehicle until Mrs. GW decides on her next ride. NBD
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaceman Spiff 2022-07-01, 11:19

The Pantry wrote:

They made no mention of where the drums of leakers would get shipped for disposal.

Bury them on the beach at Biden's vacation home.  I'm sure they're safe.
Spaceman Spiff
Spaceman Spiff
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-07-01, 12:14

tGreenWay wrote:

That’s true for us. We’ve always owned one and leased one, so there’s something new every three years. It’ll be a challenge this year, since the lease matures at the end of august and lots are so bare. I’ll probably go without a vehicle until Mrs. GW decides on her next ride. NBD

166585 miles in 7 years.  I’m hoping she gets to a quarter million.

1 in 5 electric vehicle owners in California switched back to gas - Page 2 33236d10
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-07-01, 13:10

You need gas.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-04-28, 21:31

Autonomous race car. Pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/live/HZPj9iAWz-4?si=HwX2IEsEwhtgandB
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-04-28, 21:33

Some ‘what-computer doing’ wipeouts in this link

https://www.theverge.com/2024/4/27/24142989/a2rl-autonomous-race-cars-f1-abu-dhabi
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-29, 08:53

IN A NUTSHELL: Researchers from the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) have discovered a promising battery breakthrough that could revolutionize portable power. Professor Jeung Ku Kang and his team's work involves sodium-ion batteries, which are similar in design to traditional lithium-ion batteries and can be manufactured using the same sort of industrial processes. In these batteries, sodium ions replace lithium ions in the cathode, while the lithium salts in the electrolyte (the liquid that helps ferry charge between the battery electrodes) are traded out for sodium salts.

The KAIST team replaced common battery cathode materials with those used by supercapacitors, resulting in a high-energy, high-power hybrid sodium battery that can also be charged rapidly. Tweaks to the anode were made to improve capacity, and a method to synthesize an optimized electrode material was also utilized.

As a next-gen storage device, recharging will be possible in seconds to minutes,

https://www.techspot.com/news/102728-researchers-use-supercapacitor-parts-build-sodium-ion-battery.html

Sounds great however most of these announcements are years away from production, if ever.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2024-04-29, 10:54

I'm guessing those that abandoned their EVs in California are now wishing they hadn't
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green money 2024-04-29, 14:35

Say it isn't so. EVs and sleepy Joe are saving the planet.
Green money
Green money
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-29, 15:49

EV sales in US expected to be 10% of sales in 2024
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-04-29, 15:54

EV’s all over the place in TrumpDeSantistan last week. It was like a Tesla fanboy convention.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-29, 16:11

Electric cars will happen. The government has to stop forcing artificial dates. The big three are working pretty hard on them. They’re coming. You can’t stop it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, AvgMSUJoe, GRR Spartan, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-30, 10:28

DWags wrote:Electric cars will happen.  The government has to stop forcing artificial dates. The big three are working pretty hard on them. They’re coming. You can’t stop it.

The technology is still in the significate refinement stages.  Better batteries, better motors, better software controls, better charging systems...

They are trying to push 100 years of refinement that the ICE tech has into a few years...

What all the bean counters can see is with fewer parts in the drive train there is a significant potential for lower costs to procure and assemble, which is partially what is driving at least GM.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2