Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another child dies after being left in a hot car

+11
Chitown_Badger
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Izzo Court
Cym Jim
The Pantry
Punisher98
SpartanInNH
Gomer
InTenSity
y2kMgrad
Snake Plissken
15 posters

Go down

Another child dies after being left in a hot car Empty Another child dies after being left in a hot car

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-07-25, 20:22

How hard is it to remember your kid is in the car?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/25/us/hot-car-death-kansas/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Another child dies after being left in a hot car Empty Re: Another child dies after being left in a hot car

Post by y2kMgrad 2014-07-25, 20:41

What the hell is wrong with these people? How do you forget your child?
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Another child dies after being left in a hot car Empty Re: Another child dies after being left in a hot car

Post by InTenSity 2014-07-25, 20:46

The guy who left his kid in a car last year in ft Lauderdale was on tv the other night. Said he always assumed it happened to uneducated stupid people. He normally didn't have his child in the morning but had to take him somewhere, went to work afterwards and was running late. With the seat rear facing, he just forgot.

I'm paranoid about leaving my kids in the car and couldn't imagine how destroyed I would be if I did something like that.

People who leave their kids in cars to go shopping or gambling or to the bar deserve whatever happens to them.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2014-07-25, 20:58

Snake Plissken wrote:How hard is it to remember your kid is in the car?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/25/us/hot-car-death-kansas/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
Take a parent running at max bandwidth running a routine and add any sort of disruption/distraction.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-07-25, 21:02

Gomer wrote:
Take a parent running at max bandwidth running a routine and add any sort of disruption/distraction.
I think it's more than that because you just described 50% of the people on this board (minus the disruption/distraction)
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-07-26, 23:15

Gomer wrote:

This. I heard someone on the radio the other day saying to take off your left shoe and stick it in tKid's car seat to make sure you wouldn't get out of the car and...forget something. :(
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Punisher98 2014-07-27, 00:12

InTenSity wrote:The guy who left his kid in a car last year in ft Lauderdale was on tv the other night. Said he always assumed it happened to uneducated stupid people. He normally didn't have his child in the morning but had to take him somewhere, went to work afterwards and was running late. With the seat rear facing, he just forgot.

I'm paranoid about leaving my kids in the car and couldn't imagine how destroyed I would be if I did something like that.

People who leave their kids in cars to go shopping or gambling or to the bar deserve whatever happens to them.

Man that is scary to me. I would assume the same thing too but it seems like this is happening more and more.

Cars may need to start having auto cooling systems for when the temperature gets to be above like 90 or so inside just to be safe.
Punisher98
Punisher98
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-07-27, 00:56

Punisher98 wrote:

Man that is scary to me. I would assume the same thing too but it seems like this is happening more and more.

Cars may need to start having auto cooling systems for when the temperature gets to be above like 90 or so inside just to be safe.
Cars get really fucking hot with the windows up sitting in the sun. The engine would have to automatically start and probably run continuously to keep things cool. A sensor(s) to detect a heartbeat or breathing in a hot vehicle would be necessary to make the idea feasible.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-07-27, 02:08

Gomer wrote:
No shit. When my first kid was little I got into the supermarket and was pulling out the cart before I realized something wasn't right. I've never run so fast in my life. It was a cold day but it scared the shit out me. I also drove to work once when I supposed to be dropping him off at preschool on the way. Forgot he was there until I pulled in Erickson parking lot. Fucking terrifying.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2014-07-27, 09:03

I leave my kids alone in the car all the time when I run into the titty bar. I just got a couple of those gerbil water dispensers I hang from the roof so they can stay hydrated.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-07-27, 09:43

The Pantry wrote:
Cars get really fucking hot with the windows up sitting in the sun.  The engine would have to automatically start and probably run continuously to keep things cool.  A sensor(s) to detect a heartbeat or breathing in a hot vehicle would be necessary to make the idea feasible.  
They need a sensor so that if you remove the keys and exit the car for more than 2 minutes the windows roll down and the car alarm goes off. The damn car knows if there's weight in the passenger seat and deactivates the air bag so that technology is already there.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill S. Preston, Esquire 2014-07-27, 13:05

Snake Plissken wrote:
They need a sensor so that if you remove the keys and exit the car for more than 2 minutes the windows roll down and the car alarm goes off. The damn car knows if there's weight in the passenger seat and deactivates the air bag so that technology is already there.

Yeah but what if you're just moving some boxes or went shopping or for whatever reason you have something that weighs 10 pounds in your back seat. Your car will start freaking out.
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-07-27, 13:10

Bill S. Preston, Esquire wrote:

Yeah but what if you're just moving some boxes or went shopping or for whatever reason you have something that weighs 10 pounds in your back seat. Your car will start freaking out.
You would plug a car seat into that spot and that would know your child is there. If you then put a bag of groceries in the car seat and left it in the car that would be on you.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-07-27, 15:21

Snake Plissken wrote:
You would plug a car seat into that spot and that would know your child is there. If you then put a bag of groceries in the car seat and left it in the car that would be on you.

These are all logicial ideas.  Another child dies after being left in a hot car 2130724145 

How about people stop being fucking morans?

Hell, with your idea, kids would be dying due to exposure in the winter, when the windows roll down and it's 10 below outside.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-07-27, 15:40

Chitown_Badger wrote:

These are all logicial ideas.  Another child dies after being left in a hot car 2130724145 

How about people stop being fucking morans?

Hell, with your idea, kids would be dying due to exposure in the winter, when the windows roll down and it's 10 below outside.
Obviously a temperature sensor and appropriate programming would be part of the solution
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-07-27, 17:44

The Pantry wrote:
Obviously a temperature sensor and appropriate programming would be part of the solution

Obviously make it  illegal to leave kids in the car........... and gun control yeah....... then all the stupid people will be fixed....... yeah that's what we do.........

Last edited by tTito on 2014-07-27, 17:51; edited 1 time in total
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ten Referee 2014-07-27, 17:50

"Introducing the new 2017 Honda Civic; Now equipped with life presence technology that automatically alerts the local police when a living being is detected within the interior of your car while the ignition switch is off. Starting at $22,900."
Big Ten Referee
Big Ten Referee
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-07-27, 18:27

Big Ten Referee wrote:"Introducing the new 2017 Honda Civic; Now equipped with life presence technology that automatically alerts the local police when a living being is detected within the interior of your car while the ignition switch is off. Starting at $22,900."

Awesome, a smart car for dumb people. That will save the children. I hope Bob approves. Maybe you can qualify for a subsidy under Obamacare?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-07-27, 18:44

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2014/07/23/pkg-teen-invents-hot-car-alarm-koat.hln.html
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-07-27, 18:50

Snake Plissken wrote:http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2014/07/23/pkg-teen-invents-hot-car-alarm-koat.hln.html

Another child dies after being left in a hot car 1966794946 
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-07-27, 20:30

Can't we just ban hot cars?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-07-28, 10:10

I say we charge the sun with murder
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down