Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOP and the Olympics

+6
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
steveschneider
Rocinante
Turtleneck
10 posters

Go down

V.I.P GOP and the Olympics

Post by Turtleneck 2021-07-28, 00:09

Weirdos.

[tw]1420012618895536135?s=21[/tw]

[tw]1420122875323985920?s=21[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

V.I.P Re: GOP and the Olympics

Post by Rocinante 2021-07-28, 00:32

Simone Biles could very easily kill Charlie Kirk with a
Scissor lock.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-07-28, 07:30

Americans rooting against Americans. What a bunch of sad sacks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-07-28, 07:31

It's the perfect faux outrage storm. African American men, women, a couple lesbiams, and especially black women.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-07-28, 08:09

Republicans rooting against America?

Never thought that would happen.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-07-28, 08:10

Because Biles is a black woman their supporters and followers approve.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-07-28, 09:08

I see a lot of knuckle draggers complaining that we are raising our kids soft. The correct answer is we are raising them to be stupid.

Last edited by steveschneider on 2021-07-29, 09:56; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-07-28, 09:29

steveschneider wrote:I see a lot of knuckle staggers complaining that we are raising our kids soft. The correct answer is we are raising them to be stupid.
"soft" coming from brave patriots who find wearing a mask "uncomfortable" and are afraid to leave their house without an assault rifle? GOP and the Olympics  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-07-28, 09:32

Team USA just beat Russia in women's 3 x 3 basketball.

Bet that drives the Republicans insane.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-07-28, 09:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I see a lot of knuckle staggers complaining that we are raising our kids soft. The correct answer is we are raising them to be stupid.
"soft" coming from brave patriots who find wearing a mask "uncomfortable" and are afraid to leave their house without an assault rifle? GOP and the Olympics  502811600

We are paying the price for all those years of budgets cuts to education and making college too expensive.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-07-28, 09:50

I am concerned that the right wing talking heads and the candidates that are on the public airwaves and social media see promoting divisiveness on any subject as a tool for political gain.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-07-28, 11:50

Ya think
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-07-28, 11:56

GRR Spartan wrote:I am concerned that the right wing talking heads and the candidates that are on the public airwaves and social media see promoting divisiveness on any subject as a tool for political gain.

Where have you been?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-07-28, 13:12

GRR Spartan wrote:I am concerned that the right wing talking heads and the candidates that are on the public airwaves and social media see promoting divisiveness on any subject as a tool for political gain.
scratch
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-07-28, 15:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
scratch

Meaning nothing, including US Olympic team members are out of bounds for the new right wing.

Not quite as pithy as a declaration of American’s stupidity but I wanted to stay in my lane.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-07-28, 15:48

GRR Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: scratch

Meaning nothing, including US Olympic team members are out of bounds for the new right wing.

Not quite as pithy as a declaration of American’s stupidity but I wanted to stay in my lane.

Hey GRR, just wanted to note I read that Politico article you posted about the party lake. Just wow. What a dense collection of idiots.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-07-28, 18:50

GRR Spartan wrote:

GOP and the Olympics  502811600

No, man.. I get it. The degree to which the Republican party hates America and traditional American values can never be minimized.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-07-28, 20:32

GRR Spartan wrote:

It's not really that new. The GOP has absolutely nothing to offer in terms of public policy.

Education? Nothing. Health care? Nothing. Environment? Nothing. Immigration? Nothing. Criminal justice? Nothing. Taxation? Nothing unless you consider corporate giveaways and breaks for the wealthiest Americans something. So on and so on.

For years, the only thing the GOP has had is fighting a manufactured culture war. That's it. Nothing more. They push as much as they can into a this culture war because A) it riles people up, and B) it's a great substitute for having no substantive policies to offer the American people.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-07-29, 06:06

Turtleneck wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

It's not really that new. The GOP has absolutely nothing to offer in terms of public policy.

Education? Nothing. Health care? Nothing. Environment? Nothing. Immigration? Nothing. Criminal justice? Nothing. Taxation? Nothing unless you consider corporate giveaways and breaks for the wealthiest Americans something. So on and so on.

For years, the only thing the GOP has had is fighting a manufactured culture war. That's it. Nothing more. They push as much as they can into a this culture war because A) it riles people up, and B) it's a great substitute for having no substantive policies to offer the American people.
they're awfully good at whining and being professional victims, though.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-07-29, 12:24

Michael Phelps standing up for Biles.

GOP and the Olympics  1486952199 GOP and the Olympics  1486952199 GOP and the Olympics  1486952199 GOP and the Olympics  1486952199

Beer guzzlers that sit on their couch and just chant USA! USA! while they watch this stuff on TV have no idea what kind of mental pressure these athletes experience.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-07-29, 13:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

they're awfully good at whining and being professional victims, though.

That's part of the culture war. They are under attack, being pushed into obscurity by powerful liberal forces, etc. It is funny watching opposition to the infrastructure bill considering infrastructure was one of Trump's priorities in 2016, but it never materialized because they have no plans....just crying about cancel culture, evil athletes, and the mistreatment of Chick-fil-A.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2021-07-29, 13:33; edited 2 times in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-07-29, 13:31

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: they're awfully good at whining and being professional victims, though.

That's part of the culture war. They are under attack, being pushed into obscurity by powerful liberal forces, etc. It is funny watching opposition to the infrastructure bill considering infrastructure was one of Trump's priorities in 2016, but it never materialized because they have no plans....just crying about cancel culture, evil athletes, and the mistreatment of Chick-fil-A.
I agree, of course - I just wish America was smart enough to see through their empty charade.

(to be fair, I think a majority of Americans are, but likely not enough to overcome the GOP gerrymandering, voter suppression and allowing state legislatures to determine federal elections. They know they can't win in the arena of ideas and they're all but admitting it out loud).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-07-29, 14:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I agree, of course - I just wish America was smart enough to see through their empty charade.

(to be fair, I think a majority of Americans are, but likely not enough to overcome the GOP gerrymandering, voter suppression and allowing state legislatures to determine federal elections. They know they can't win in the arena of ideas and they're all but admitting it out loud).

But it is also not unique to the U.S. The current wave of populism is partially defined by its indifference to the hard work of public policy. Since it is transnational, it is not as simple as America is a stupid country (which is still true).

When you tell people their way of life is under attack, that their core values are being erased from history and replaced with new values that upend everything comfortable and familiar, it becomes easy to see how those people might ignore the traditional areas of public policy and focus solely on preserving their way of life. The GOP receives a lot of support from affluent whites who can afford to ignore policy and focus on a manufactured culture war, and Trump certainly benefited from their support. They "economic anxiety" story was not supported by the data.

It is a GOP charade for sure, but they know it works and rather than do the hard work of adopting to a changing society and making the party viable, they are just going with manipulation of the rules and people's minds.

Here is a good book that touches on the economic changes that have facilitated this process:

https://www.cambridge.org/us/academic/subjects/politics-international-relations/comparative-politics/cultural-evolution-peoples-motivations-are-changing-and-reshaping-world?format=HB&isbn=9781108489317
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-07-29, 14:50

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

But it is also not unique to the U.S. The current wave of populism is partially defined by its indifference to the hard work of public policy. Since it is transnational, it is not as simple as America is a stupid country (which is still true).

When you tell people their way of life is under attack, that their core values are being erased from history and replaced with new values that upend everything comfortable and familiar, it becomes easy to see how those people might ignore the traditional areas of public policy and focus solely on preserving their way of life. The GOP receives a lot of support from affluent whites who can afford to ignore policy and focus on a manufactured culture war, and Trump certainly benefited from their support. They "economic anxiety" story was not supported by the data.

It is a GOP charade for sure, but they know it works and rather than do the hard work of adopting to a changing society and making the party viable, they are just going with manipulation of the rules and people's minds.

Here is a good book that touches on the economic changes that have facilitated this process:

https://www.cambridge.org/us/academic/subjects/politics-international-relations/comparative-politics/cultural-evolution-peoples-motivations-are-changing-and-reshaping-world?format=HB&isbn=9781108489317

much easier to manipulate an intellectually vulnerable population when you use fear, hate and paranoia as the motivation.

reason 1,298 why I don't get near a church.. can you imagine being around people like that?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-07-29, 15:22

steveschneider wrote:Michael Phelps standing up for Biles.

GOP and the Olympics  1486952199 GOP and the Olympics  1486952199 GOP and the Olympics  1486952199 GOP and the Olympics  1486952199

Beer guzzlers that sit on their couch and just chant USA! USA! while they watch this stuff on TV have no idea what kind of mental pressure these athletes experience.

He does this on purpose right

GOP and the Olympics  C9870f10

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, Other Teams Pursuing That and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-07-30, 10:22

US women's soccer advances..

That sound you hear is America-hating, christian, misogynist republicans screaming into their disgusting void.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-07-30, 10:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:US women's soccer advances..

That sound you hear is America-hating, christian, misogynist republicans screaming into their disgusting void.

And Purple hair!!!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-07-30, 11:11

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:US women's soccer advances..

And Purple hair!!!
I know it's not my best attribute, but I love when fragile white men get sad. GOP and the Olympics  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-07-30, 11:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

And Purple hair!!!
I know it's not my best attribute, but I love when fragile white men get sad. GOP and the Olympics  502811600

It's funny, Bob. Watching men attack female athletes because of insecurity
+ jealousy is funny.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-07-30, 12:24

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I know it's not my best attribute, but I love when fragile white men get sad. GOP and the Olympics  502811600

+ jealousy is funny.
it really is glorious.

And it's a sad day at Mi-O-Lago. GOP and the Olympics  969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-07-30, 20:03

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I know it's not my best attribute, but I love when fragile white men get sad. GOP and the Olympics  502811600

+ jealousy is funny.

It must really piss them off when they complain about getting raped.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparteepee 2021-08-21, 13:19

The party of patriotism ....
Sparteepee
Sparteepee
Spartiate

Back to top Go down