Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Groundhog Day 2.0? Freep says Pres. Stanley blocking Tom Izzo as interim AD

+7
DWags
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
NigelUno
AvgMSUJoe
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
11 posters

Go down

Groundhog Day 2.0? Freep says Pres. Stanley blocking Tom Izzo as interim AD Empty Groundhog Day 2.0? Freep says Pres. Stanley blocking Tom Izzo as interim AD

Post by tGreenWay 2021-08-19, 14:42

We’ve seen this somewhere before, I just can’t place my finger on it…

Sources: Michigan State president blocking Tom Izzo as interim athletic director

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2021/08/19/michigan-state-athletic-director-search-tom-izzo-samuel-stanley/8197521002/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Groundhog Day 2.0? Freep says Pres. Stanley blocking Tom Izzo as interim AD Empty Re: Groundhog Day 2.0? Freep says Pres. Stanley blocking Tom Izzo as interim AD

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-08-19, 18:35

Some BOT members are butt hurt that they aren’t being included or they want a specific person (like Haller) so a member(s) are growing a wrench in the gears by dropping Izzo’s name and Interim.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Groundhog Day 2.0? Freep says Pres. Stanley blocking Tom Izzo as interim AD Empty Re: Groundhog Day 2.0? Freep says Pres. Stanley blocking Tom Izzo as interim AD

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-08-19, 18:43

Exactly, this is petty political bullshit and Solari just eats it up.
The headline could be: MSU rejects Jesus Christ for the interim AD job... or MSU rejects Nassar for the interim AD job.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-19, 19:48

Should make for a fun time if a few trustees don't like the candidate.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-19, 19:59

NigelUno wrote:Should make for a fun time if a few trustees don't like the candidate.

I don’t remember his name but I’m all in for the guy Shawn Respert endorsed.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-08-19, 20:01

Do the words MSU BOT and dysfunction just go hand-in-hand?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay and GRR Spartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-19, 20:08

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Should make for a fun time if a few trustees don't like the candidate.

I don’t remember his name but I’m all in for the guy Shawn Respert endorsed.

Haller has a lot of support. Whether that matters to Stanley remains to be seen. The last big hiring process was messed up though. Keeping a lid on things is probably better. It's a big hire for a new President. Hope it's a home run.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-08-19, 21:27

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Exactly, this is petty political bullshit and Solari just eats it up.
The headline could be: MSU rejects Jesus Christ for the interim AD job... or MSU rejects Nassar for the interim AD job.

Seems more of a power struggle than a political thing, but I don’t know how the sides are breaking down, so maybe it is. Regardless, this is a big story, so I give Solari credit for going with it, epecially considering the history of the MSU BOTS and Pres in a similar situation. That it includes a HoF coach makes it that much bigger.

I do wish the Board would keep their nose out of this shit. I’m so tired of MSU stepping on its dick all the time.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-08-19, 21:50

Why is Stanley so against the interim tag? Izzo would be up front with him.

Jesus I don’t want to live this again
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-08-19, 21:51

tGreenWay wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Exactly, this is petty political bullshit and Solari just eats it up.

Seems more of a power struggle than a political thing, but I don’t know how the sides are breaking down, so maybe it is. Regardless, this is a big story, so I give Solari credit for going with it, epecially considering the history of the MSU BOTS and Pres in a similar situation. That it includes a HoF coach makes it that much bigger.

I do wish the Board would keep their nose out of this shit. I’m so tired of MSU stepping on its dick all the time.

Is it a big story though? Lots of conversations take place. But how serious are they. I generally don't trust Solari to not inflate a story for clicks. The actual story lacks the teeth of the headline. I'm leaning Solari being Solari for now.

If Izzo genuinely agreed to this, then I would be disappointed and it is a story. I doubt Izzo's intentions would be anything other than thinking he would be helping out, but it is not the right move. Kudos to Stanely for sticking to a true search either way.

Question: Why would an interim AD be needed? Beeks is staying till a permanent AD is hired. I smell bullshit.

Last edited by Nordic on 2021-08-19, 21:56; edited 2 times in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-08-19, 21:53

Floyd Robertson wrote:Do the words MSU BOT and dysfunction just go hand-in-hand?

I'll take Dysfunctional Big Ten University Trustees for $600 Alex
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-08-19, 21:59

Question: Why would an interim AD be needed? Beeks is staying till a permanent AD is hired. I smell bullshit.
Because some asshole wants to cause a fuss and Solari is so predictable and a sucker, they.knew he'd run it.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-19, 22:09

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Is it a big story though? Lots of conversations take place. But how serious are they. I generally don't trust Solari to not inflate a story for clicks. The actual story lacks the teeth of the headline. I'm leaning Solari being Solari for now.

If Izzo genuinely agreed to this, then I would be disappointed and it is a story. I doubt Izzo's intentions would be anything other than thinking he would be helping out, but it is not the right move. Kudos to Stanely for sticking to a true search either way.

Not needed now (especially if Stanley introduces a candidate as early as next week). Maybe this was discussed before Beekman "resigned" and Stanley shot it down. Also possible a Board member or two was fine with this then, but may have changed their tune if their candidate is no longer in the mix (hence leaking the story).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-08-19, 22:18

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Because some asshole wants to cause a fuss and Solari is so predictable and a sucker, they.knew he'd run it.

That is my (initial) thought as well
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2021-08-20, 03:47

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Yeah I think this is only half a step better than Hondo and his Izzo as football coach article.
gomersbro
Spartiate

duffy munn and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-20, 08:33

gomersbro wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Yeah I think this is only half a step better than Hondo and his Izzo as football coach article.

If (as the article says) he's announcing a candidate soon, it makes no sense to have Izzo as interim AD for a week or two. What's the point? It has to be more than that. But, article doesn't explain timing well.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-08-20, 08:37

Is it really possible to have a Groundhog Day 2.0 greenway? Isn’t the whole point that it happens exactly the same over and over again so really it’s just Groundhog Day 1.0 every time?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-08-20, 09:03

Stanley has had someone in mind for a while which is why Beekman resigned in the first place.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-08-20, 09:06

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Is it really possible to have a Groundhog Day 2.0 greenway? Isn’t the whole point that it happens exactly the same over and over again so really it’s just Groundhog Day 1.0 every time?

Technically it’s “ground hog day movie”.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-08-20, 09:07

Motown Spartan wrote:Stanley has had someone in mind for a while which is why Beekman resigned in the first place.

This is my thought too. So why are we even going through the imaginations of a search committee. Put Izzo in there until Stanley’s guy can tie up loose ends and get to MSU. All this other stuff is just drama and I absolutely hate it

Last edited by DWags on 2021-08-20, 09:49; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-20, 09:14

Motown Spartan wrote:Stanley has had someone in mind for a while which is why Beekman resigned in the first place.

Exactly. Stanley wants his own guy. Beekman "resigned".

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-20, 09:21

DWags wrote:

This is my thought too. So why are we even going through the imaginations of a search committee. Put is all in there until Stanley’s guy can tie up loose ends and get to MSU. All this other stuff is just drama and I absolutely hate it

Given the last big hire, I think a search committee and a process were kind of mandatory. Seems like a few people may not like the result and are raising a stink. Business as usual.

A new AD is going to have multiple challenges. Big hire.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-08-20, 09:22

That and BOT dipweeds need to feel important and make a splash... OR are buddy buddy with Haller and are throwing a hail mary.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-11-16, 22:56

Groundhog Day 2.0? Freep says Pres. Stanley blocking Tom Izzo as interim AD 3003718628
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-11-16, 23:07

Sleep
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-11-16, 23:11

Much ado...something...something...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down