Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIAP - But This Bishop Sycamore Story Is Bizarre and Hysterically Entertaining..

+4
DWags
gomersbro
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
8 posters

Go down

SIAP - But This Bishop Sycamore Story Is Bizarre and Hysterically Entertaining..  Empty SIAP - But This Bishop Sycamore Story Is Bizarre and Hysterically Entertaining..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-08-31, 10:47

it might be embedded in another thread somewhere.. (search function sucks)..

apparently, if what I'm reading is accurate (I know), the address for the 'school' is actually a residential address, most of the players are JUCO dropouts. The 'coach' has warrants out for his arrest.. and they tricked ESPN into putting them on national TV?

SIAP - But This Bishop Sycamore Story Is Bizarre and Hysterically Entertaining..  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

SIAP - But This Bishop Sycamore Story Is Bizarre and Hysterically Entertaining..  Empty Re: SIAP - But This Bishop Sycamore Story Is Bizarre and Hysterically Entertaining..

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-31, 10:49

At some point before the game, ESPN had to know. They just decided to run with it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

SIAP - But This Bishop Sycamore Story Is Bizarre and Hysterically Entertaining..  Empty Re: SIAP - But This Bishop Sycamore Story Is Bizarre and Hysterically Entertaining..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-08-31, 10:59

NigelUno wrote:At some point before the game, ESPN had to know. They just decided to run with it.
agree - at some point, they had to know. Apparently, they started addressing it on air during the game?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2021-08-31, 11:00

And many of the players played on Friday night against another team before playing this nationally televised game on Sunday. Someone got paid and ESPN looked the other way until it was on the air. Now they are probably trying to get their money back.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-08-31, 11:24

It was about my fifth year as being an athletic Director when I walked out on the field and watched my soccer coach using a female graduate against one of the best soccer teams in the state. She was 20 years old. he gave her a uniform and he had her out there playing. I was so dumbfounded I didn’t know what to do. I walked up to him told him to get her off the field immediately finish the game and come to my office afterwards. We were still getting our ass beat. What got me was that a couple parents were upset I fired him.

When I self reported to the school we played they laughed. The MHSAA didn’t.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-08-31, 11:38

I broke my big toe on the exposed root of a bishop hickory one time.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-31, 17:46

So what you're saying is we call all go back and relive our glory days on the field by playing for Bishop Sycamore?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-08-31, 17:48

All these years later, I still can’t bend my big toe. The joint must’ve fused after getting busted. That could be a problem if I ever need a toe thumb.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-08-31, 18:57

tGreenWay wrote:I broke my big toe on the exposed root of a bishop hickory one time.

Is that the same Bishop Hickory who found himself in hot water because of the alter boy accusations?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-08-31, 19:01

The only thing more real than Bishop Sycamore was Manti Te'o's girlfriend.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-08-31, 19:06

Let’s do “things more real than bishop sycamore high school”

I’ll start

SIAP - But This Bishop Sycamore Story Is Bizarre and Hysterically Entertaining..  A33e1110

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-08-31, 19:47

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I broke my big toe on the exposed root of a bishop hickory one time.

Is that the same Bishop Hickory who found himself in hot water because of the alter boy accusations?

I’m contractually bound from discussing that, DWags.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-08-31, 19:48

DWags wrote:Let’s do “things more real than bishop sycamore high school”

I’ll start

SIAP - But This Bishop Sycamore Story Is Bizarre and Hysterically Entertaining..  A33e1110

https://www.si.com/.amp/mlb/2014/10/15/curious-case-sidd-finch
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-08-31, 19:52

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:Let’s do “things more real than bishop sycamore high school”

I’ll start

I mean this list begins and ends with the division championship trophy Harbaugh has on display right?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

tGreenWay, DWags and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-08-31, 20:33

aualum06 wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I mean this list begins and ends with the division championship trophy Harbaugh has on display right?

SIAP - But This Bishop Sycamore Story Is Bizarre and Hysterically Entertaining..  1966794946
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-08-31, 20:34

SIAP - But This Bishop Sycamore Story Is Bizarre and Hysterically Entertaining..  Downlo24
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-08-31, 21:25

aualum06 wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

SIAP - But This Bishop Sycamore Story Is Bizarre and Hysterically Entertaining..  1486952199
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down