Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never forget

+12
GRR Spartan
MiamiSpartan
DWags
AvgMSUJoe
MSU addict
NigelUno
Turtleneck
Motown Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
Jake from State Farm
The Pantry
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Never forget Empty Never forget

Post by The Pantry 2021-09-11, 17:43

Fighter pilot reflects on would-be 9/11 suicide mission
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Never forget Empty Re: Never forget

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-09-11, 19:07

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time with this never forget thing. We had buildings destroyed and thousands of people killed because of an intelligence breakdown from the government departments that shouldn't have an intelligence breakdown. We invaded a country that had nothing to do with the attack on the premise that they had something to do with the attack and killed thousands of their citzens and thousands of our soldiers. We had civil rights taken away from our citizens that will likely never be restored. We spent over a trillion dollars waging war for what? But yeah, lets never forget that fuckup.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

InTenSity, Motown Spartan, GRR Spartan and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-09-11, 19:17

Daniel Tosh does a pretty funny bit on osama bin Ladin

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-09-11, 19:43

Jake from State Farm wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time with this never forget thing. We had buildings destroyed and thousands of people killed because of an intelligence breakdown from the government departments that shouldn't have an intelligence breakdown. We invaded a country that had nothing to do with the attack on the premise that they had something to do with the attack and killed thousands of their citzens and thousands of our soldiers. We had civil rights taken away from our citizens that will likely never be restored. We spent over a trillion dollars waging war for what? But yeah, lets never forget that fuckup.
Think whatever you want about the aftermath but I find your take on prevention of the events on 911 obtuse. No one could have predicted the attack.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-09-11, 19:47

The Pantry wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time with this never forget thing. We had buildings destroyed and thousands of people killed because of an intelligence breakdown from the government departments that shouldn't have an intelligence breakdown. We invaded a country that had nothing to do with the attack on the premise that they had something to do with the attack and killed thousands of their citzens and thousands of our soldiers. We had civil rights taken away from our citizens that will likely never be restored. We spent over a trillion dollars waging war for what? But yeah, lets never forget that fuckup.
Think whatever you want about the aftermath but I find your take on prevention of the events on 911 obtuse. No one could have predicted the attack.

Pantry I’m sorry dude but that’s not true. They absolutely could have but failed. Part of not forgetting is learning from the mistakes that happened leading up to it and covering those up for our own comfort is not “remembering”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-09-11, 19:48

The Pantry wrote:

Seems like there was plenty of noise about intelligence departments not working together. CIA had their priorities, FBI had theirs and neither wanted to share what information they had.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-09-11, 20:17

More Americans died at the behest of the US government in the aftermath of 9/11 and nothing was accomplished except for a lot of death and violence.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-09-11, 19:47

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Think whatever you want about the aftermath but I find your take on prevention of the events on 911 obtuse.  No one could have predicted the attack.

Pantry I’m sorry dude but that’s not true. They absolutely could have but failed. Part of not forgetting is learning from the mistakes that happened leading up to it and covering those up for our own comfort is not “remembering”
Jake from State Farm wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Think whatever you want about the aftermath but I find your take on prevention of the events on 911 obtuse.  No one could have predicted the attack.

Seems like there was plenty of noise about intelligence departments not working together. CIA had their priorities, FBI had theirs and neither wanted to share what information they had.
Sounds like life in the minds of hind-sighted, finger pointing, conspiracy theorists. Is Michael Moore your hero?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-09-11, 20:32

Motown Spartan wrote:More Americans died at the behest of the US government in the aftermath of 9/11 and nothing was accomplished except for a lot of death and violence.
So, you appreciate the current pussy government?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-09-11, 20:44

Pantry, who has never done a fucking thing to serve his community or country, is really good at playing Internet patriot.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-09-11, 20:44

The Pantry wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:More Americans died at the behest of the US government in the aftermath of 9/11 and nothing was accomplished except for a lot of death and violence.
So, you appreciate the current  pussy government?

I appreciate the Biden ended the war in Afghanistan. He did the right thing pulling out of Afghanistan. It was a difficult decision that no one before him had the balls to do. It's over now.

I appreciate his new approach to Covid.

Dude is making decisions like he's got nothing to lose. Because he doesn't. He was a stopper to Trump like an off suit Ace in Euchre.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, tGreenWay, Dendrobates and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-09-11, 20:46

Turtleneck wrote:Pantry, who has never done a fucking thing to serve his community or country, is really good at playing Internet patriot.

You don’t put a value on rating daily visits to fast food establishments?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-09-11, 20:48

kingstonlake wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Pantry, who has never done a fucking thing to serve his community or country, is really good at playing Internet patriot.

You don’t put a value on rating daily visits to fast food establishments?

Is there anything more 'Murican?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-09-11, 20:50

Look in the mirror, tofu lover.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-09-11, 20:58

I don’t play Internet patriot. I’ve been waiting for quite some time for one of your retorts to even remotely make sense. Maybe one day.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-09-11, 21:11

Never forget 200.gif?cid=95b27944bbd57584e7e8714af2203da4854851e40ddaec62&rid=200
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-09-11, 21:42

The Pantry wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Sounds like life in the minds of hind-sighted, finger pointing, conspiracy theorists. Is Michael Moore your hero?

Yeah man, Michael Moore but also like the 9/11 commission countless other articles and really just common knowledge that the cia and fbi did in fact make mistakes that could have prevented 9/11
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-09-11, 22:10

Man, you lightweights are touchy. Not a single post in memory of what happened that day and those lost...just political finger pointing. What you do best.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2021-09-11, 22:12

It seems to me that predicting and preventing the attacks are really two different things. Even if our intelligence agencies worked together and we had near perfect intelligence, I am not convinced such attacks could have been prevented.

Hopefully you are old enough to remember pre-9/11 security. It was not sufficient to prevent such attacks.

I do not intend this to be a personal attack, but how can you complain about you civil rights being taken away post 9/11 and also imply that you would have been OK with the necessary and invasive security that would have been required to prevent the attacks before they occurred?
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-09-11, 22:25

The Pantry wrote:Man, you lightweights are touchy. Not a single post in memory of what happened that day and those lost...just political finger pointing. What you do best.

You brought up politics, dope. Everyone else has mentioned how unfortunate it was that we didn’t prevent it because of in fighting between the fbi and cia.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-09-11, 23:25

kingstonlake wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Man, you lightweights are touchy.  Not a single post in memory of what happened that day and those lost...just political finger pointing.  What you do best.

You brought up politics, dope. Everyone else has mentioned how unfortunate it was that we didn’t prevent it because of in fighting between the fbi and cia.
Never forget 833a3e10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-09-11, 23:55

The Pantry wrote:Man, you lightweights are touchy. Not a single post in memory of what happened that day and those lost...just political finger pointing. What you do best.

Feel free to use the search function if you’re looking to get you 9/11 jollies off. I’m sure you can find several threads on exactly what you’re looking for and there’s really no point in adding one more to the pile
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-09-12, 08:09

The mere fact that the rs are reveling in Desantis' death numbers which dwarf the 3k lost on 9/11 makes any of the "never forget" flag clutching disingenuous at best.

Assholes can't be bothered with a poke or mask to save their neighbors and countrymen. (Same with blue lives and merican military worship... you fuckers can't talk while actively killing off your neighbors)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-09-12, 08:44

Wife was home with the kids. 4 and 1 at the time. What’s funny is that our lives we’re dramatically changed about a month before when we decided that she should drop her corporate lobbying job and be a stay at home mom for the next decade or so. I was at school in my office when it started. Every American s life would be changed greatly from then on. I picked up the phone and said the same four words we all said when a loved one first got a hold of us,”turn on the television “
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-09-12, 09:18

My wife (finace at the time) sent me a message on AOL chat when the first plane hit. She called me on my StarTac cell phone when the second one hit. Funny how I remember those little retro technologies. I was on tRCMB a lot that day, as rumors, facts, and new information was coming in. This was before Wells and before too much infighting, except over Bobby William's. It was also during one of those relatively short-lived iterations of the board after Rivals, but before Trevor got a more stable server/setup, so it is kind of a shame that the thread from that day was lost.

As for the infighting in this thread (how times have changed), unless you've gone full Antineplastons and think that it never happened at all and no one died, then it sounds really fucking stupid to say that you have a problem with the Never Forget stuff. I don't care if you think it was an intelligence failure or an inside job, or what. None of that changes the horror, death, and extreme acts of heroism on that day. You want to forget that with innocent people that had nothing to do with the other stuff? And yes, of course, Covid killed so much more and is a much bigger tragedy. That doesn't change remembering 9/11 any more than it changes remembering the Battle of Gettysburg.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-09-12, 10:03

MiamiSpartan wrote:My wife (finace at the time) sent me a message on AOL chat when the first plane hit. She called me on my StarTac cell phone when the second one hit. Funny how I remember those little retro technologies. I was on tRCMB a lot that day, as rumors, facts, and new information was coming in. This was before Wells and before too much infighting, except over Bobby William's. It was also during one of those relatively short-lived iterations of the board after Rivals, but before Trevor got a more stable server/setup, so it is kind of a shame that the thread from that day was lost.

As for the infighting in this thread (how times have changed), unless you've gone full Antineplastons and think that it never happened at all and no one died, then it sounds really fucking stupid to say that you have a problem with the Never Forget stuff. I don't care if you think it was an intelligence failure or an inside job, or what. None of that changes the horror, death, and extreme acts of heroism on that day. You want to forget that with innocent people that had nothing to do with the other stuff? And yes, of course, Covid killed so much more and is a much bigger tragedy. That doesn't change remembering 9/11 any more than it changes remembering the Battle of Gettysburg.

There's been plenty of tragedies in this country and if we memorialized everyone of them like we do 911 this country would be in mourning 365 days a year.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-09-12, 10:32

Pantry trying to rewrite history.

There were multiple red flags that went unreported including the teams of hijackers taking flight lessons who were never interested in learning to land; their computer, MicroSoft Flight Trainer and accessory purchases.

Never forget prior to 9-11-2001 there was competition and walls between CIA, FBI, ATF, US military even state agencies where there was no sharing or coordination of information.

I was at my office, kids were in school and wife was working. Saw the second tower fall when a co-worker who had a small TV for his mother unboxed it and hooked it up. 20 years latter we watch breaking on our news on our phones and computers.

My youngest’s birthday is September 11. He would choose Bill Knapps. Worst 11th birthday dinner ever because Bill Knapps had updated with TV’s and all were tuned in to CNN.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-09-12, 11:30

MiamiSpartan wrote:My wife (finace at the time) sent me a message on AOL chat when the first plane hit. She called me on my StarTac cell phone when the second one hit. Funny how I remember those little retro technologies. I was on tRCMB a lot that day, as rumors, facts, and new information was coming in. This was before Wells and before too much infighting, except over Bobby William's. It was also during one of those relatively short-lived iterations of the board after Rivals, but before Trevor got a more stable server/setup, so it is kind of a shame that the thread from that day was lost.

There's been plenty of tragedies in this country and if we memorialized everyone of them like we do 911 this country would be in mourning 365 days a year.

Got it, so we shouldn't memorialize anything then. Not Gettysburg, or Pearl Harbor, or D-Day. There's lots of battles that people have died in. Why memorialize those?

How many tragedies involving civilians are on the scale of 9/11 combined with the levels of heroism and self-sacrifice on that day?

Again, there's covid, and you can bet that we will still be memorializing that in 20 years, as we should. It isnt a single day event, but there will probably be a specific day picked, not unlike Memorial Day. And then you can complain that we shouldn't do that because people die from lots of diseases.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-09-12, 11:43

GRR Spartan wrote:Pantry trying to rewrite history.  

There were multiple red flags that went unreported including the teams of hijackers taking flight lessons who were never interested in learning to land; their computer, MicroSoft Flight Trainer and accessory purchases.  

Never forget prior to 9-11-2001 there was competition and walls between CIA, FBI, ATF, US military even state agencies where there was no sharing or coordination of information.

I was at my office, kids were in school and wife was working.  Saw the second tower fall when a co-worker who had a small TV for his mother unboxed it and hooked it up.  20 years latter we watch breaking on our news on our phones and computers.

My youngest’s birthday is September 11.  He would choose Bill Knapps.  Worst 11th birthday dinner ever because Bill Knapps had updated with TV’s and all were tuned in to CNN.  
Never forget 502811600  I didn't rewrite anything.  As usual, GRR posting with his head up his pompous know-it-all ass and pointing out hindsight of things not discovered until well after 9/11.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-09-12, 12:56

The Pantry wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Pantry trying to rewrite history.  

I was at my office, kids were in school and wife was working.  Saw the second tower fall when a co-worker who had a small TV for his mother unboxed it and hooked it up.  20 years latter we watch breaking on our news on our phones and computers.

My youngest’s birthday is September 11.  He would choose Bill Knapps.  Worst 11th birthday dinner ever because Bill Knapps had updated with TV’s and all were tuned in to CNN.  
Never forget 502811600  I didn't rewrite anything.  As usual, GRR posting with his head up his pompous know-it-all ass and pointing out hindsight of things not discovered until well after 9/11.

Ahem.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-09-12, 13:01

Pantry, of course they weren’t discovered until after. That’s the whole problem- they should have been discovered before.

My dude, I love you, but you gotta get that part of never forgetting is acknowledging that mistakes were made and making sure they don’t happen again. Doing anything else is quite literally forgetting.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-09-12, 13:21

Honestly it’s kinda hard to forget. It spawned the whole first responder “throne” status. I mean I respect everything they do. Down the line. All of them. But can we do away with discounts for them on anything and everything? Cut to the front of the line at Costco, two for one drinks, half off dinner, etc?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-09-12, 13:28

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Pantry, of course they weren’t discovered until after. That’s the whole problem- they should have been discovered before.

My dude, I love you, but you gotta get that part of never forgetting is acknowledging that mistakes were made and making sure they don’t happen again. Doing anything else is quite literally forgetting.
Again, hindsight. You guys are like armchair quarterbacks, pointing out what could have been done instead of acknowledging the victims, heroes, tragedy of the day. Did you even read the OP link?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-09-12, 13:45

Yes pantry. Yes. It is exactly that. We are on the same page. It absolutely is hindsight. That’s how you learn.

I’m not saying “hang the mother fuckers that should have figured this out”. I’m saying, yes they had the opportunity to figure this out but didn’t. Let’s make sure that doesn’t happen again. If you just say “welp, nothing we could have done” then all you’re saying is that we’re susceptible to it happening again. We can’t do that, and it is forgetting what truly happened.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-09-12, 13:47

kingstonlake wrote:Honestly it’s kinda hard to forget. It spawned the whole first responder “throne” status. I mean I respect everything they do. Down the line. All of them. But can we do away with discounts for them on anything and everything? Cut to the front of the line at Costco, two for one drinks, half off dinner, etc?

What do you care? Those discounts coming out of your pocket?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-09-12, 14:25

Cameron wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Honestly it’s kinda hard to forget. It spawned the whole first responder  “throne” status. I mean I respect everything they do. Down the line. All of them. But can we do away with discounts for them on anything and everything? Cut to the front of the line at Costco, two for one drinks, half off dinner, etc?

The point is I don’t get why they’re there to begin with and only available to them. Every Walmart employee on the floor put their life in danger last year for example. Where’s their discount?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-09-12, 17:09

kingstonlake wrote:
Cameron wrote:

The point is I don’t get why they’re there to begin with and only available to them. Every Walmart employee on the floor put their life in danger last year for example. Where’s their discount?

Bad take. I certainly am in favor of frontline workers like the Walmart employees you are referring to getting better treatment in general (I voted for Bernie in the primary), but that doesn't translate to "take away discounts for firefighters and EMTs!" It's taking a lot of restraint for me to leave it at that.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-09-12, 18:02

Cameron wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Bad take. I certainly am in favor of frontline workers like the Walmart employees you are referring to getting better treatment in general (I voted for Bernie in the primary), but that doesn't translate to "take away discounts for firefighters and EMTs!" It's taking a lot of restraint for me to leave it at that.

Rolling Eyes

I think you’re missing the point cam. Why is it exclusively for only certain designated media fueled super star “frontline” workers. I’m over putting certain people on pedestals. And I’m speaking mostly about government payroll types. Not private sector. Careers are choices for the most part. For instance: I know some of these people on the government payroll. They get to moonlight at hospitals and jails for the same rate of pay as their regular employment. And the jail’s and hospital are required to hire them only. It’s in the labor deal. It’s a great racket. Fantastic health care and pension. They’ll never get a speeding ticket or rarely a dui. Have “professional courtesy” wink winks amongst each other. But we’re handing out discounts, perks, hazard pay, etc to the ones who need it the least. IMHO it’s a bit much. The average person at Walmart or Meijer deserves or needs it more. Those poor sons of bitches get a paper mask and a bottle of hand sanitizer. Gee thanks. Plus they deal with the covid denial asswipes. While the emt or cop gets every piece of ppe imaginable.  An emt in midland gets to cut to the front of the line at Costco? BS.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-09-12, 18:14

You are a fucking moronic piece of shit. Because your personality/posting style is slightly less grating than the Bob/Nigel/steve tier, it sometimes escapes notice that your opinions on virtually every topic I can think of are the worst on the board by a comfortable margin.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-09-12, 18:31

kingstonlake wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I think you’re missing the point cam. Why is it exclusively for only certain “frontline” workers. I’m over putting certain people on pedestals. Careers are choices. For instance: I know some of these people on the government payroll. They get to moonlight at hospitals and jails for the same rate of pay as their regular employment. And the jail’s and hospital are required to hire them only. It’s in the labor deal. It’s a great racket. Fantastic health care and pension. They’ll never get a speeding ticket or rarely a dui. Have “professional courtesy” wink winks amongst each other. But we’re handing out discounts, perks, hazard pay, etc to the ones who need it the least. IMHO it’s a bit much. The average person at Walmart or Meijer deserves or needs it more. Those poor sons of bitches get a paper mask and a bottle of hand sanitizer. Gee thanks. Plus they deal with the covid denial asswipes. While the emt or cop gets every piece of ppe imaginable.  An emt in midland gets to cut to the front of the line at Costco? BS.
wow. You really are a dick. Just moved you to #1 on my list of posters I'd never wanna have a beer with.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next