Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hilltoppers are no joke: Western Kentucky pregame thread

+14
Heat Miser
Motown Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
TrapperGus
Rocinante
steveschneider
DWags
tGreenWay
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
Nordic
Turtleneck
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Hilltoppers are no joke: Western Kentucky pregame thread Empty The Hilltoppers are no joke: Western Kentucky pregame thread

Post by Turtleneck 2021-09-27, 11:27

Lost by 3 to 4-0 Army, and by 2 to Indiana on Saturday. Good offense, but MSU should have offensive opportunities of its own.

Why Michigan State football faces an aerial test unlike any it has faced this year in WKU

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2021/09/26/michigan-state-football-western-kentucky-nebraska/5878317001/

Michigan State vs. Western Kentucky College Football Odds, Plays and Insights

https://www.si.com/betting/2021/09/27/michigan-state-spartans-vs-western-kentucky-hilltoppers-college-football-odds-plays-insights-10-2-2021
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Hilltoppers are no joke: Western Kentucky pregame thread Empty Re: The Hilltoppers are no joke: Western Kentucky pregame thread

Post by Nordic 2021-09-27, 12:09

Gonna be a banger Saturday night
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Hilltoppers are no joke: Western Kentucky pregame thread Empty Re: The Hilltoppers are no joke: Western Kentucky pregame thread

Post by kingstonlake 2021-09-27, 12:19

o61.5 ALL DAY
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-09-27, 12:40

MSU lost to WKU in basketball in the late 60s. The school obviously no joke when it comes to playing sports.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-09-27, 13:04

The WKU football team was coached by Jack Harbaugh, father of Jim, John, the daughter married to Tom Cream, and probably some other kids, for over 10 years. Maybe early 90s through early 00s? So naturally, they are a gross and disgusting program.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-09-27, 13:22

Turtleneck wrote:The WKU football team was coached by Jack Harbaugh, father of Jim, John, the daughter married to Tom Cream, and probably some other kids, for over 10 years. Maybe early 90s through early 00s? So naturally, they are a gross and disgusting program.

The Hilltoppers are no joke: Western Kentucky pregame thread 9k=
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-09-27, 14:37

Floyd Robertson wrote:MSU lost to WKU in basketball in the late 60s. The school obviously no joke when it comes to playing sports.

They shall be avenged!!!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-09-27, 14:46

Couch: Lingering thoughts on Michigan State football after win over Nebraska, heading into Western Kentucky game

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2021/09/27/msu-football-5-lingering-thoughts-heading-into-western-kentucky-game/5880219001/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-09-27, 14:51

A glimpse at MSU's homecoming week events

https://statenews.com/article/2021/09/a-glimpse-at-msus-homecoming-week-events

Not mentioned here is Bob's annual homecoming BBQ. This is one of EL's best events. You don't want to miss it.

Everybody is invited but you need a ticket. Please PM poster NigelUno for tickets. Also, unlike previous years, Bob will no longer allow attendees to park on the grass. Bob will still be offering free bike rides to and from the game. You sit on the handlebars while he pedals and sings the lyrics to My Hometown by the Boss.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, Other Teams Pursuing That and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-09-27, 15:16

Those of us who live in EL are already home, Turtleneck, so we can’t call it homecoming. Is there a geographic divergent alternative?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-09-27, 15:29

tGreenWay wrote:Those of us who live in EL are already home, Turtleneck, so we can’t call it homecoming. Is there a geographic divergent alternative?

Speaking of which, should I bring the potato salad to tSwill gathering at your place Friday night?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-09-27, 15:42

tGreenWay wrote:Those of us who live in EL are already home, Turtleneck, so we can’t call it homecoming. Is there a geographic divergent alternative?

Homestaying?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-09-27, 16:14

Should be a good tune up game to correct the offense and work on improvements. Hoping we get to see some style points.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-09-27, 20:23

Tops putting emphasis on starting faster offensively

https://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/wku/tops-putting-emphasis-on-starting-faster-offensively/article_418e108a-8860-52ad-82fb-7ca86387b894.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-09-27, 22:01

Hilltoppers have my 2nd favorite mascot.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-09-27, 23:33

Oh please, FGS...

This is a money grab by them, MSU by 34
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-09-27, 23:38

I'll take WKU +34, Gus. How much?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-09-27, 23:46

Cameron wrote:I'll take WKU +34, Gus. How much?

Oh please, anyone who spent time on Wells knows I don't make silly bets on the internets...

Tucker will decide on the points...
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-09-28, 07:55

After two near upset wins, Western Kentucky eyes takedown of No. 17 Michigan State

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2021/09/after-two-near-upset-wins-western-kentucky-eyes-takedown-of-no-17-michigan-state.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-09-28, 08:41

I like our chances.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-09-28, 09:30

I’m concerned turtleneck if I’m honest with you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-09-28, 09:31

I think we win by more than a touchdown. But I also think we give up a few TDs.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-09-28, 09:37

45-21 Green. KW3 with 200+. Thorne back in form.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-09-28, 10:23

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m concerned turtleneck if I’m honest with you.

The board is lacking focus on the Hilltoppers.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-09-28, 11:20

Nordic wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m concerned turtleneck if I’m honest with you.

I’m legit worried. They’re #2 in the nation in passing. We’re 108th against the pass. 13th in the big ten. It’s not that I don’t think we get the “W”, but we might not match up well against them. Sure they are looking like they give up a ton on the run, but one of their games was Army. In a four game sample, that might skew run numbers.

We’re going to score. But we need to stop them from scoring. I hope this isn’t a 32-25 type game going into the fourth quarter. I’d live our DB’s to get some picks and use this game as a statement game that we’re pretty damn good back there too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-09-28, 11:24

Yeah that’s more words than I used but what I’m getting at dwags it’s definitely a more concerning game than you’d expect when you scheduled western Kentucky in the first place
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-09-28, 11:57

DWags wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I’m legit worried. They’re #2 in the nation in passing. We’re 108th against the pass. 13th in the big ten. It’s not that I don’t think we get the “W”, but we might not match up well against them. Sure they are looking like they give up a ton on the run, but one of their games was Army. In a four game sample, that might skew run numbers.

We’re going to score. But we need to stop them from scoring. I hope this isn’t a 32-25 type game going into the fourth quarter. I’d live our DB’s to get some picks and use this game as a statement game that we’re pretty damn good back there too.

Speaking of skewed numbers, they racked up 478 passing yards against UT Martin. Gave up 201 rushing yards.

435 yards passing against Army (with a lot of those coming late when down 35-14).

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-09-28, 11:59

Meh I’m not worried. We’ve played some pretty damn good qbs and receivers so far. That Rambo guy was incredible and Martinez from NEB was no slouch. Our D has passed some good tests so far.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-09-28, 12:02

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

Speaking of skewed numbers, they racked up 478 passing yards against UT Martin. Gave up 201 rushing yards.

435 yards passing against Army (with a lot of those coming late when down 35-14).

Good points. I’m still worried.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-09-28, 12:04

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Good points. I’m still worried.

It's in the blood.

And we still don't really know what kind of team we have. The Nebraska game was a little eye opening (and not in a good way).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-09-28, 12:20

DWags wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I'm not that down on our secondary. We've given up yards, but have been heavily bend but don't break, especially against Northwestern and Miami. Pass rush was great against Neb, but maybe WKU is a quick pass so the QB isn't really holding the ball much.

But while we may be 107th in pass D in yards, we are 49th in pass efficiency D, and about the same (give or take 1 or 2 spots) in yards/attempt in pass D. I think those are more telling, because not everyone has faced QBs throwing 60 times (Miami) or even 40+ times (Northwestern).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-09-28, 12:28

My concern is diminished. Our guys love playing 60 minutes of football. Anything less and last week was a loss. #relentless
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-09-28, 15:18

DWags wrote:

Speaking of which, should I bring the potato salad to tSwill gathering at your place Friday night?

That’ll go with my German Potato Salad. We can put both in the extra fridge I had installed in the Airstream.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-09-28, 15:19

I was going to suggest the Spartans put down WKU by putting a lot of points on the board early, but apparently, that’s what the Toppers plan to do, too, so it’s a wash. Damn
I hate it when a good plan goes sideways.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-09-28, 15:43

kingstonlake wrote:My concern is diminished. Our guys love playing 60 minutes of football. Anything less and last week was a loss. #relentless

Much like your mental acuity. The Hilltoppers are no joke: Western Kentucky pregame thread 2809484752
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-09-28, 17:09

tGreenWay wrote:I was going to suggest the Spartans put down WKU by putting a lot of points on the board early, but apparently, that’s what the Toppers plan to do, too, so it’s a wash. Damn

I mean scoring a lot of points early is a pretty damn good game plan. Have you written to Tuck? Its a damn good suggestion. Maybe he’s too busy to think of that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-09-28, 17:15

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I was going to suggest the Spartans put down WKU by putting a lot of points on the board early, but apparently, that’s what the Toppers plan to do, too, so it’s a wash. Damn

I mean scoring a lot of points early is a pretty damn good game plan. Have you written to Tuck? Its a damn good suggestion. Maybe he’s too busy to think of that.

I mean, instead of scoring one touchdown, score two at once. And then for each PAT, instead of going for two, go for four. EZ Peezy. It’s math.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-09-28, 17:34

Fuck the Hilltoppers
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-09-28, 17:36

Nordic wrote:Fuck the Hilltoppers

Post of the week.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-09-28, 17:53

Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next