Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name: Western Michigan pregame thread

+13
Robert J Sakimano
GRR Spartan
MiamiSpartan
The Pantry
InTenSity
Dendrobates
Nordic
DWags
kingstonlake
Other Teams Pursuing That
Heat Miser
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name: Western Michigan pregame thread Empty I've been through the desert on a horse with no name: Western Michigan pregame thread

Post by Turtleneck 2022-08-25, 08:47

Michigan State vs Western Michigan Prediction, Game Preview
Be … careful … Michigan State.

Western Michigan is a maddening team. It’s once again going to have the talent to beat just about anyone on the right day, but consistency will be a big issue yet again.
Michigan State is all set for another big season, but it has enough flaws to potentially be exposed if Western Michigan finds a groove right away. The Spartans will pull this off, but it’ll take too much work, a lot of sweat, and a big momentum turn over the final 20 minutes to get there.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2022/08/michigan-state-vs-western-michigan-prediction-game-preview-lines-tv

According to 247, redshirt freshmen Jack Salopek was recently made the starting QB.

https://247sports.com/Article/Western-Michigan-footballs-Jack-Salopek-emerges-as-starting-QB-entering-2022-season-191968673/

Western Michigan position previews are in this Hustle Belt story stream

https://www.hustlebelt.com/2022/7/13/23207355/mid-american-conference-football-offseason-preseason-preview-content-2022

Western was picked to finish 4th in the MAC West in the MAC media poll

https://wmubroncos.com/news/2022/7/26/mac-football-preseason-poll-released-as-mac-media-day-kicks-off.aspx

Why Mel Tucker won't let Michigan State football look ahead to Western Michigan opener yet

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/why-mel-tucker-wont-let-michigan-state-football-look-ahead-to-western-michigan-opener-yet/ar-AA114Waw
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name: Western Michigan pregame thread Empty Re: I've been through the desert on a horse with no name: Western Michigan pregame thread

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-08-25, 08:48

Was it’s name Bradley
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name: Western Michigan pregame thread Empty Re: I've been through the desert on a horse with no name: Western Michigan pregame thread

Post by Heat Miser 2022-08-25, 09:25

Opening Draft Kings line was MSU -20.5
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-08-25, 11:26

We cover that i reckon
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-08-25, 11:44

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:We cover that i reckon

If WMU was returning that same offense as last season, I would be more skeptical given MSU's secondary issues. I'm actually still skeptical.

Western Michigan had one of the best offenses in the entire MAC conference last year, but now they are returning just four starters on that side of the ball. They lost their leading passer, Kaleb Eleby, and now their depth chart at QB contains just five combined pass attempts.

Redshirt freshman Jack Salopek takes over at QB, and unfortunately, a majority of the offensive starters they lost were the favorite targets of Eleby last season. The Broncos lost five of their top seven receivers from last year, although Corey Crooms will be back, he caught 44 passes for 768 yards last year and six TD’s.

https://www.sportsmemo.com/news/college-football/michigan-state-vs-western-michigan-and-betting-odds-college-football-week-1-september-2/

Here is some more line information

https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/matchups/michigan-state-vs-western-michigan/

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-08-26, 09:13

I'm not sure how accurate this is, and there is nothing on the WMU football site (they still have the 2021 media guide posted so they might not plan on playing this season), but here is the WMU depth chart. La'Darius Jefferson will be the backup running back so he might get some carries. In addition to Crooms at WR, Abbot and Galloway are both Power 5 transfers, Boston College and Wisconsin.

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/western-michigan/92522
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-08-26, 09:33

Complete lack of focus. No mention of MSU in thread title.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-08-26, 09:34

Can we name the horse James
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-08-26, 09:49

kingstonlake wrote:Complete lack of focus. No mention of MSU in thread title.

Same format as last season. Please focus and get caught up. We will wait for you.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-08-26, 10:16

Turtleneck wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Complete lack of focus. No mention of MSU in thread title.

Same format as last season. Please focus and get caught up. We will wait for you.

Last season is over TN. You're getting comfortable. Don't get comfortable, damn it! Mel has given the blueprint. Pay attention. We won't wait.

"It's not just going to be like that for practice one, it's not just the first week, it's every single day. Everything we do. A relentless mindset. There can never be any let up. It's never going to stop, so there is no ability to be comfortable."

"There is no relief. It's a constant pressure cooker. That way you find out what guys can do and you put them in those situations and they have to get comfortable being uncomfortable.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-08-26, 10:20

Hey Diet GreenWay, stop messing up the pregame thread.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-08-26, 11:05

Turtleneck wrote:Hey Diet GreenWay, stop messing up the pregame thread.

Look placebo Lewis Black, I was just trying to give you heads up it's a new year, new goals, new attitude. Don't get comfortable!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-08-26, 11:54

kingstonlake wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Hey Diet GreenWay, stop messing up the pregame thread.

Look placebo Lewis Black, I was just trying to give you heads up it's a new year, new goals, new attitude. Don't get comfortable!

We have a framework for success. You don't blowup the framework if it is working, you make modifications within the framework to avoid complacency. It's pretty simple to understand.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-08-26, 12:53

Turtleneck wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

We have a framework for success. You don't blowup the framework if it is working, you make modifications within the framework to avoid complacency. It's pretty simple to understand.

TL;DR
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-08-26, 13:05

What do you guys want to name the horse
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-08-26, 14:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What do you guys want to name the horse

Sans nom.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-08-26, 16:42

Gluetonix
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-08-26, 16:47

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What do you guys want to name the horse

Tuck Comin'

duh
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-08-26, 17:23

We know with kid life, we just can't make it to every game.

We could at western, but it would just be a hell of a day to make it happen. I put my tickets on stubhub, but if someone is interested, let me know. Section 20, row in the 40s.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-08-26, 17:52

Dendrobates wrote:We know with kid life, we just can't make it to every game.

We could at western, but it would just be a hell of a day to make it happen. I put my tickets on stubhub, but if someone is interested, let me know. Section 20, row in the 40s.
So...maybe. My grandpa is dying (he's 94, he's had a good life). I'm flying in Friday with my daughter. I had thoughts of maybe trying to hit up this game, but not sure what the plan is once I land. Don't hold them for me, but if you still have them around next Tuesday/Wednesday and I have a better idea of what I'm going to be doing, I might see if they are still available.
Please no condolences or anything, he is ready to go, my family is good with it (I think), this is the natural way things work.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-08-27, 12:30

A paragraph from a Pa paper about WMU. They play again this year.

Sept. 17 at Western Michigan: Kenny Pickett threw six touchdowns against the Broncos in 2021, but Pitt’s defense could not contain Western Michigan’s run-pass option (RPOs) offense and the Panthers were upset 44-41 at home. Two of Pitt’s main tormenters in last year’s game, quarterback Kaleb Eleby and wide receiver Skyy Moore, are now both in the NFL. However, the Broncos will return wide receiver Corey Crooms, who posted a game-high 161 receiving yards last year in the meeting. Running backs Sean Tyler and La’Darius Jefferson are also back. They combined for 162 rushing yards and four touchdowns. Irwin native Jack Salopek is expected to be Western Michigan’s starting quarterback as the Panthers will attempt to avenge last year’s loss as they visit Kalamazoo for the first time.

https://www.sharonherald.com/sports/a-detailed-look-at-the-pitt-panthers-2022-opponents/article_2a9db14e-260a-11ed-b04d-27cc494db8ad.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-08-27, 12:31

MSU football listed as heavy favorites over Western Michigan in Friday's season-opener

https://spartanswire.usatoday.com/2022/08/27/msu-football-listed-as-heavy-favorites-over-western-michigan-in-fridays-season-opener/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-08-27, 12:33

FEATURE: Salopek Ready For His Opportunity

''I've been shocked that with him putting on weight, his arm has gotten better and stronger,'' head coach Tim Lester said. ''He's always had a good arm, but he's been thin. Now he's 190 pounds. He committed himself to the weight room and the ball is coming out way better.''

Salopek is filling into that 6-foot, 3-inch frame…finally. He had around 10 FBS schools interested in the three-star rated quarterback early in high school, but WMU and Massachusetts were the only offers he had going into his senior season. Salopek wound up his prep career passing for 6,150 and 40 touchdowns.

''Pittsburgh had offered after my sophomore year, then later pulled back after my junior year,'' he said. ''The story of my life is that I was a little too skinny and a little too slow in high school.''

While Salopek is a good drop-back passer, he's shown in practice he can also run the ball if he has to.

https://wmubroncos.com/news/2022/8/27/football-feature-salopek-ready-for-his-opportunity.aspx
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-08-27, 13:55

InTenSity wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:We know with kid life, we just can't make it to every game.

So...maybe. My grandpa is dying (he's 94, he's had a good life). I'm flying in Friday with my daughter. I had thoughts of maybe trying to hit up this game, but not sure what the plan is once I land. Don't hold them for me, but if you still have them around next Tuesday/Wednesday and I have a better idea of what I'm going to be doing, I might see if they are still available.
Please no condolences or anything, he is ready to go, my family is good with it (I think), this is the natural way things work.

Well, I am sorry to hear about your grandpa. I get it though. We went through the same thing a few months ago. It was time.
I spoke too soon though . My tickets sold a lot quicker than I expected them too.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-08-27, 15:09

Most of us have been here since the beginning. Still find it amazing some have not learned how to put the article title on a link. Focus on that for minute, TN

Peace be with you, Inten
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-08-27, 15:38

The Pantry wrote:Most of us have been here since the beginning. Still find it amazing some have not learned how to put the article title on a link. Focus on that for minute, TN

Peace be with you, Inten

I know how to do it, but I aim to post content rather than make Pantry happy.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-08-27, 15:57

Thank you for #content turtleneck

The horses name is Frederick
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-08-27, 16:01

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Most of us have been here since the beginning. Still find it amazing some have not learned how to put the article title on a link. Focus on that for minute, TN

Peace be with you, Inten

Lame and lazy posting/poosting. JMO
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-08-27, 17:18

The Pantry wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Lame and lazy posting/poosting. JMO

So your complaint is basically just that the headlines are in black text and not blue text?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-08-27, 19:23

MiamiSpartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Lame and lazy posting/poosting. JMO

So your complaint is basically just that the headlines are in black text and not blue text?
No idea what you're talking about. All I'm saying is post the title of the link, with the link.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-08-27, 21:15

The Pantry wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

No idea what you're talking about. All I'm saying is post the title of the link, with the link.

He posts the title of the article, and then below that the link. The only difference in doing what you're asking is that the title would be in blue lettering (because it would be the clickable link) instead of black lettering.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-08-27, 22:07

MiamiSpartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
No idea what you're talking about.  All I'm saying is post the title of the link, with the link.  

He posts the title of the article, and then below that the link.  The only difference in doing what you're asking is that the title would be in blue lettering (because it would be the clickable link) instead of black lettering.  
Perhaps you're referring to links in Windows.  No blue lettering here.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-08-28, 07:56

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name: Western Michigan pregame thread 2599972566
I've been through the desert on a horse with no name: Western Michigan pregame thread Screen15

Either way, he still posts the title of the article.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-08-28, 16:28

After last season’s less than stellar pass defense being countered by KW III’s brilliance, I’m anxious to see how the defense reacts after WMU’s 3rd -4th successful pass play.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-08-28, 17:14

MiamiSpartan wrote:I've been through the desert on a horse with no name: Western Michigan pregame thread 2599972566
I've been through the desert on a horse with no name: Western Michigan pregame thread Screen15

No, he doesn't. He just posts the link. Lazy posting.

btw...you need to get your phone and/or laptop fixed. Get rid of that blue text.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-08-28, 17:14

Michigan State football to ‘stripe the stadium’ against Western Michigan

https://sports.yahoo.com/michigan-state-football-stripe-stadium-203942499.html?fr=sychp_catchall
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-08-28, 17:19

Turtleneck wrote:Michigan State football to ‘stripe the stadium’ against Western Michigan

https://sports.yahoo.com/michigan-state-football-stripe-stadium-203942499.html?fr=sychp_catchall
fixed

Michigan State football to ‘stripe the stadium’ against Western Michigan
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-08-28, 18:17

The Pantry wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:I've been through the desert on a horse with no name: Western Michigan pregame thread 2599972566

No, he doesn't. He just posts the link. Lazy posting.

btw...you need to get your phone and/or laptop fixed. Get rid of that blue text.

WTF are you looking at? The title and the link are posted. They are posted separately, but both are posted.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-08-28, 18:44

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:No, he doesn't. He just posts the link. Lazy posting.

WTF are you looking at? The title and the link are posted. They are posted separately, but both are posted.
Lazy posting. You really need to step up your game heading into this season.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-08-28, 19:05

The Pantry wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Lazy posting. You really need to step up your game heading into this season.
Lazy reading/clicking from you.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next