Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racist Republican party just elected black lt gov in VA.

5 posters

Go down

Racist Republican party just elected black lt gov in VA.  Empty Racist Republican party just elected black lt gov in VA.

Post by RQA Wed 3 Nov 2021 - 0:56

Congratulations Lt Gov Sears.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Racist Republican party just elected black lt gov in VA.  Empty Re: Racist Republican party just elected black lt gov in VA.

Post by Turtleneck Wed 3 Nov 2021 - 1:08

Is this the political equivalent of "my friend is black"?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and TrapperGus like this post

Back to top Go down

Racist Republican party just elected black lt gov in VA.  Empty Re: Racist Republican party just elected black lt gov in VA.

Post by steveschneider Thu 4 Nov 2021 - 2:56

RQA wrote:Congratulations Lt Gov Sears.

Remember when racist Donald Trump appointed Ben Carson to secretary of housing and developmen? lulz
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue 23 May 2023 - 10:10

Just a reminder...they're all racist. Racist Republican party just elected black lt gov in VA.  305ns410
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue 23 May 2023 - 10:12

[tw]1660765133272936450[/tw]
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue 23 May 2023 - 10:15

Not even sure what this is suppose to mean?

That the people staying away tip the same as everyone else, I guess, since that would be the change if tipping were the same.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue 23 May 2023 - 10:17

Trapper Gus wrote:Not even sure what this is suppose to mean?

That the people staying away tip the same as everyone else, I guess, since that would be the change if tipping were the same.

She is saying that black people don't tip.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue 23 May 2023 - 10:22

Motown Spartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:Not even sure what this is suppose to mean?

Then she can't do math, as tips would increase, but she doesn't say that.

Pretty much calling her out as being really stupid.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue 23 May 2023 - 10:25

Trapper Gus wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

I'll explain her joke to you:

If there 70 non-black people and 30 black people in a restaurant, the waitstaff will collect, say $100 in tips.

If all the black people stay away, there will be 70 non-black people in the restaurant and the waitstaff will still collect $100 in tips.

IT'S A JOKE AND NOT TO BE TAKEN LITERALLY.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue 23 May 2023 - 10:39

Motown Spartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

If there 70 non-black people and 30 black people in a restaurant, the waitstaff will collect, say $100 in tips.  

If all the black people stay away, there will be 70 non-black people in the restaurant and the waitstaff will still collect $100 in tips.  

And I'll explain that it is a stupid racist joke and any way it can be attacked is a fair way to attack it.

And it isn't a joke, it is a racist attack. It is just one that shows she cannot do math.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue 23 May 2023 - 10:42

Trapper Gus wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

And I'll explain that it is a stupid racist joke and any way it can be attacked is a fair way to attack it.

And it isn't a joke, it is a racist attack. It is just one that shows she cannot do math.

Yes, it's a racist attack of a joke. But you're still way overthinking it.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue 23 May 2023 - 10:43

Motown Spartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

And it isn't a joke, it is a racist attack.  It is just one that shows she cannot do math.

Yes, it's a racist attack of a joke.  But you're still way overthinking it.  

Nope, just attacking a racist for being racist and stupid at the same time.

edit - btw for anyone who works with math all the time what I did wasn't over thinking, it was just a typical reaction to something that is math stupid.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue 23 May 2023 - 10:48

Trapper Gus wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Yes, it's a racist attack of a joke.  But you're still way overthinking it.  

edit - btw for anyone who works with math all the time what I did wasn't over thinking, it was just a typical reaction to something that is math stupid.

It's not math stupid. I work with numbers all the time as well, specifically money.

I'm assuming your theory here is that the absence of the non-tipping people will be filled with people that are tippers. Is that correct? Otherwise, can you please explain to me how math stupid I am for not understanding your rebuttal?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue 23 May 2023 - 11:02

Motown Spartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

It's not math stupid. I work with numbers all the time as well, specifically money.  

I'm assuming your theory here is that the absence of the non-tipping people will be filled with people that are tippers. Is that correct? Otherwise, can you please explain to me how math stupid I am for not understanding your rebuttal?

If she was trying to make the point that African-Americans don't tip then the expectation would be an increase in tips, yes, due to more non-African-American customers.  (The obvious meaning of her "joke", to me)

If she was trying to say that no one listens to the NAACP I guess no change in tips would make sense, but that, to me, was over thinking as compared to the above.

If she was trying to say that other customers who tip the same amounts, would replace the customers who stayed away, that would at least be not racist, but it also would make the least amount of sense as a joke, and again that is over thinking, to me.

So, I took it as the first choice I listed and math wise it doesn't work, without really any thought by me.  Only if I over think it does it make any sense.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 23 May 2023 - 11:26

Motown has been sucked into the Trapper Gus vortex. Can he escape? Is our hero doomed? Stay tuned!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, InTenSity and Motown Spartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue 23 May 2023 - 11:27

Turtleneck wrote:Motown has been sucked into the Trapper Gus vortex. Can he escape? Is our hero doomed? Stay tuned!

It wasn't my fault, I just made what to me was a logical comment.

Motown's reply confused me even more.

I'm joining Bob in the "I'm not smart enough for this board" club
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue 23 May 2023 - 12:30

Trapper Gus wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Motown has been sucked into the Trapper Gus vortex. Can he escape? Is our hero doomed? Stay tuned!

I don’t think you can blame your lack of a sense of humor or rather lack of getting the joke on being an engineer. My dad is an engineer and freaking hilarious. I think you might be on the spectrum somewhere.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue 23 May 2023 - 13:21

Motown Spartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I don’t think you can blame your lack of a sense of humor or rather lack of getting the joke on being an engineer. My dad is an engineer and freaking hilarious. I think you might be on the spectrum somewhere.

There are two kinds of engineers, funny ones and...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Motown Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down