Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So when Rittenhouse is acquitted...

+15
InTenSity
Jake from State Farm
TrapperGus
GRR Spartan
AvgMSUJoe
Floyd Robertson
RQA
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
Bredo Morstoel
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

So when Rittenhouse is acquitted... - Page 2 Empty Re: So when Rittenhouse is acquitted...

Post by TrapperGus 2021-11-20, 12:02

DWags wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:Stand your ground laws are a license for people to go out, provoke fights and then shoot people.

Its fucked up but true.

When I was younger the people who provoked the fights were considered at fault, now they are allowed to kill people.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

So when Rittenhouse is acquitted... - Page 2 Empty Re: So when Rittenhouse is acquitted...

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-20, 12:06

TrapperGus wrote:Stand your ground laws are a license for white people to go out, provoke fights and then shoot people.
fixed it for ya.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-11-20, 12:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:Stand your ground laws are a license for white people to go out, provoke fights and then shoot people.
fixed it for ya.

In this country white privilege goes without saying, as the conservative snowflakes get all uptight if it is pointed out.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-11-21, 07:21

TrapperGus wrote:Stand your ground laws are a license for people to go out, provoke fights and then shoot people.

So based on the verdict if the kid with the glock blows away rittenhouse he would have been acquitted as well.

[tw]1461832974714949640?s=21[/tw]

Kind of easy to envision a scenario at future protests that escalate into full on shootouts between groups. Two questions how do the cops get control? And legally if you have two groups standing their ground in an all out shoot out who is accountable?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

TrapperGus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-11-21, 07:55

msugolfguy wrote:
steveschneider wrote:If a 17 year old African American went to a protest with an AR 15 call me crazy but I don't think he/she would get away with killing two people.

Depends on how you define reasonable threat. Some are very cut and dry.

However people tend to look at African Americans as more threatening. Tucker Carlson defined Trevon Martin and Rittenhouse very differently despite them being the same age.

Tough read but I think there’s grounds for reasonable threat here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/local/child-sex-trafficking-murder/
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-11-21, 18:18

steveschneider wrote:

So based on the verdict if the kid with the glock blows away rittenhouse he would have been acquitted as well.

[tw]1461832974714949640?s=21[/tw]

Kind of easy to envision a scenario at future protests that escalate into full on shootouts between groups. Two questions how do the cops get control? And legally if you have two groups standing their ground in an all out shoot out who is accountable?

Looks like first one to pull the trigger wins and walks free...
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-11-22, 07:07

Kid is going to be wealthy and a celeb.

[tw]1462573724906016771?s=21[/tw]

Thinking about high profile racial cases from the past and the modern Fox News/Zuckerberg effect we are all living through if the Rodney King beating happened this day and age those cops would be rich celebs and adored to ‘own the libz’. Would probably even have a future in politics.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-11-22, 07:43

steveschneider wrote:Kid is going to be wealthy and a celeb.

Thinking about high profile racial cases from the past and the modern Fox News/Zuckerberg effect we are all living through if the Rodney King beating happened this day and age those cops would be rich celebs and adored to ‘own the libz’. Would probably even have a future in politics.

Looks like his mom is going to get back half of the $million bail money that the gofundme came up with. She's gotta be elated, her son gets away with murder and she gets a boatload of cash. She'll probably go buy her son a gold plated AR-15 with the money.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-11-22, 07:54

Jake from State Farm wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Kid is going to be wealthy and a celeb.

Looks like his mom is going to get back half of the $million bail money that the gofundme came up with. She's gotta be elated, her son gets away with murder and she gets a boatload of cash. She'll probably go buy her son a gold plated AR-15 with the money.

Sad but true. Going to do my best to tune them out going forward. I get what the media play is going to be - use two revolting people to get us outraged to generate ratings, clicks and revenue.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-22, 08:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:so which mainstream media "news" outlet will the doughy white supremacist hero of christians across the country be on this weekend?

we have a winner..

Caution: Mainstream Media Link

the mainstream media gets to celebrate their new christian white supremacist idol and normalize his behavior and actions.. much the same way they did with their racist, bigoted christian sexual predator hero in 2015-2016.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2021-11-23, 11:53

Nope. Wrong. You really should try to learn something about a topic before you share your opinion. Maybe you'd look more informed than you typically do.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-11-26, 22:21

Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Nope.  Wrong.  You really should try to learn something about a topic before you share your opinion.  Maybe you'd look more informed than you typically do.

The examples I have, the kid in FL and now this travesty in Wisconsin were both people with guns looking for a fight.

Kid is pointing a gun at someone, they push the barrel away and he not only shoots them once, but then when they are lying on the ground shoots the twice more in the back.  Shots another guy who also has a gun and it is very clear logically if the other guy had killed the kid he would have gotten off under the same "self defense" logic.

We are back to two guys in the middle of the street and who has the quickest trigger finger.  It fucking sucks, dude.

If the stupid kid wasn't looking to kill someone, aka bringing a gun to the situation is by definition looking to kill someone, none of this would have happened.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2021-12-01, 20:17

TrapperGus wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Nope.  Wrong.  You really should try to learn something about a topic before you share your opinion.  Maybe you'd look more informed than you typically do.

The examples I have, the kid in FL and now this travesty in Wisconsin were both people with guns looking for a fight.

Kid is pointing a gun at someone, they push the barrel away and he not only shoots them once, but then when they are lying on the ground shoots the twice more in the back.  Shots another guy who also has a gun and it is very clear logically if the other guy had killed the kid he would have gotten off under the same "self defense" logic.

We are back to two guys in the middle of the street and who has the quickest trigger finger.  It fucking sucks, dude.

If the stupid kid wasn't looking to kill someone, aka bringing a gun to the situation is by definition looking to kill someone, none of this would have happened.

The judicial system disagrees with you. The term you were looking for was "self defense." Sorry.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-12-01, 20:24

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

The judicial system disagrees with you. The term you were looking for was "self defense." Sorry.

I agree that the laws in Wisconsin are fucked up to allow someone to murder a helpless person who has been shot and is lying on the ground on their face.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-12-02, 04:12

Reminder that, in Wisconsin, legal precedent has been set that a white person can murder someone if they feel threatened.

If only there was a way to predict this would happen.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2021-12-02, 08:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Reminder that, in Wisconsin, legal precedent has been set that a white person can murder someone if they feel threatened.

So when Rittenhouse is acquitted... - Page 2 877510730
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-12-02, 08:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Reminder that, in Wisconsin,  legal precedent has been set that a white person can murder someone if they feel threatened.

You mean like someone murdering someone else in the same way in another state?

The real issue, of course, is allowing guns out in the general population.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-12-02, 09:21

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

Do you think he broke any laws?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-12-02, 09:30

NigelUno wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Do you think he broke any laws?

Based on the stand your ground laws in Wisconsin he is allowed to threaten someone with a gun and then kill them if they try to defend themselves by pushing the gun aside.

The laws are the issue.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-12-02, 12:13

He was 17 at the time, right? So possessing the weapon at all was illegal.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2021-12-02, 12:23

TrapperGus wrote:

Do you and Bob only care about white people killing other white people with guns? A black racist killing white people including a small boy doesn't seem to bother you.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-12-02, 13:57

RQA wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

Do you and Bob only care about white people killing other white people with guns?   A black racist killing white people including a small boy doesn't seem to bother you.  

Just wondering what leads to thinking that a black person can be racist, aka as only the dominant culture, which in the US is the white culture, can be racist, since racism is a cultural construct, why you think that anyone would condone any killing and what incident you are referring to?

Last edited by TrapperGus on 2021-12-02, 18:54; edited 1 time in total
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2021-12-02, 14:03

TrapperGus wrote:

what incident you are referring to?

So I'm correct (at least about you). You don't care if a black man (and in this case an obvious racist) kills a white child.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-12-02, 14:21

RQA wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

So I'm correct (at least about you). You don't care if a black man (and in this case an obvious racist) kills a white child.

Why would I care?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-12-02, 15:09

RQA wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

Dude, as I said, I have no idea what you are talking about. You're telling me how I feel is typical Wells but doesn't really play on this board. Provide more details about the situation in question.

TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-12-02, 15:18

In general my position is that every gun in the United States should be locked up in "armories" and that no one should have one to kill other people with, which I believe covers whatever situation that is being asked about.

Last edited by TrapperGus on 2021-12-02, 16:23; edited 1 time in total
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-12-02, 15:19

TrapperGus wrote:
RQA wrote:

Dude, as I said, I have no idea what you are talking about. You're telling me how I feel is typical Wells but doesn't really play on this board. Provide more details about the situation in question.

He won’t because he knows the real issue and he knows he’s backed himself into a corner on that issue
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2021-12-02, 16:07

RQA wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

Do you and Bob only care about white people killing other white people with guns? A black racist killing white people including a small boy doesn't seem to bother you.

Which killings do you care most about? Which killings do you care least about?

Maybe if you share your own views, others will share theirs.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-12-02, 16:45

RQA wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

Thoughts and prayers to the victims.

I think that pretty much covers it. Lock the thread.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-12-02, 17:42

TrapperGus wrote:
RQA wrote:

Just wondering what leads to thinking that a black person can be racist, aka as only the dominate culture, which in the US is the white culture, can be racist, since racism is a cultural construct, why you think that anyone would condone any killing and what incident you are referring to?
racists are gonna racist.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-12-02, 18:03

TrapperGus wrote:
RQA wrote:

Just wondering what leads to thinking that a black person can be racist, aka as only the dominate culture, which in the US is the white culture, can be racist, since racism is a cultural construct, why you think that anyone would condone any killing and what incident you are referring to?

You certainly are not the first or only person I've ever seen or heard espouse that viewpoint. It is just about the dumbest shit I've ever heard.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and RQA like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-12-02, 18:05

Also, the word is dominant. Dominate is a verb, not an adjective.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

RQA likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-12-02, 18:52

RQA still dodging, deflecting, and making shit up So when Rittenhouse is acquitted... - Page 2 1284110369
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-12-02, 18:54

Cameron wrote:Also, the word is dominant. Dominate is a verb, not an adjective.

Thanks, fixed.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-12-02, 19:03

Cameron wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

You certainly are not the first or only person I've ever seen or heard espouse that viewpoint. It is just about the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

People who don't understand that the concept of race is a social construct typical react to as you seem to be doing to the fact that only the culture which controls the narrative can define what race is.  The members of the controlling culture can oppress the others within their control, that can be racism, if the controlling culture incudes a definition of race.

Someone who is being oppressed by the controlling culture, cannot, by the definition of what race actual is, be racist in an attack on members of the controlling culture.  However, people who are being oppressed can join with members of the controlling culture to help oppress other people in the minority cultural groups, and thus in that situation they would be acting as racists.

The point that is basic to all of this is that there is biologically no such thing as race, race is a social definition defined by the controlling culture only.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-12-02, 19:36

RQA is most likely referring to a murder that just happened in S. Florida. A 14 year old boy went on a bike ride, after 4 hours when he didn't return his parents called it in as a missing person. His body was found, I'm not sure when, but shortly after. It took 2 weeks to find the suspect, who is African American. He is homeless and paranoid, most likely will come out having Schizophrenia (sorry if not spelled correctly). From what I've seen on the local news it really sounds like he isn't all there, but since this is FL, I completely expect that even if he is mentally ill, he will get the death penalty.
It is completely the same thing as dropping your kid off at a protest with an assault rifle and antagonizing people.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-12-02, 19:50

InTenSity wrote:RQA is most likely referring to a murder that just happened in S. Florida. A 14 year old boy went on a bike ride, after 4 hours when he didn't return his parents called it in as a missing person. His body was found, I'm not sure when, but shortly after. It took 2 weeks to find the suspect, who is African American. He is homeless and paranoid, most likely will come out having Schizophrenia (sorry if not spelled correctly). From what I've seen on the local news it really sounds like he isn't all there, but since this is FL, I completely expect that even if he is mentally ill, he will get the death penalty.
It is completely the same thing as dropping your kid off at a protest with an assault rifle and antagonizing people.

Ya don’t say…...(I’d still like him to opine on it though)
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-12-02, 20:56

TrapperGus wrote:
Cameron wrote:

People who don't understand that the concept of race is a social construct typical react to as you seem to be doing to the fact that only the culture which controls the narrative can define what race is.  The members of the controlling culture can oppress the others within their control, that can be racism, if the controlling culture incudes a definition of race.

Someone who is being oppressed by the controlling culture, cannot, by the definition of what race actual is, be racist in an attack on members of the controlling culture.  However, people who are being oppressed can join with members of the controlling culture to help oppress other people in the minority cultural groups, and thus in that situation they would be acting as racists.

The point that is basic to all of this is that there is biologically no such thing as race, race is a social definition defined by the controlling culture only.

"there is biologically no such thing as race"

False. I'm not too worried about sickle cell anemia. Most black people presumably don't worry about melanoma. For sound, biological reasons.

"Someone who is being oppressed by the controlling culture, cannot, by the definition of what race actual is, be racist in an attack on members of the controlling culture."

Saying they can't be racist against members of the controlling culture is not the same as saying they can't be racist period, which was the initial assertion I was responding to. What would you call an asian person who hates black people, if not racist?

Turning to "towards the controlling culture" aspect, that is also stupid. Is a white guy living in China not racist if he hates Chinese people?

Like I said, just about the dumbest shit I've ever heard.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-12-02, 22:02

Wells refugees are trolling hard on this thread.

Rittenhouse’s acquittal shows other underage individuals can grab a gun to play soldier or vigilante and you might be able to kill people with zero consequences.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-12-03, 05:43

What was the first thing the Good Samaritan, community volunteer, wannabe paramedic, part time trash picker upper, little fireman did after good acquittal? I assume he went to the nearest urban center to continue his good hearted deeds? He did that right?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next